Thanks girls - I read all of those. And re read. And re read them. :/
    Not helping?
    That must have been a serious crappy day

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      Not helping?
      That must have been a serious crappy day
      No, not really helping. I read those fics too many times over.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        No, not really helping. I read those fics too many times over.
        Oh crap. Damn, we need some new fics!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Oh crap. Damn, we need some new fics!
          Yeah, exactly. *sighs*
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Here is my fic, its kinda short and incomplete, only has 2 chapters so far. Mention of sparky in first ch, mild slash in ch2, rated it M for suggestive content not because of explicit descriptions, or profanity. I thought it was funnier to use words like "fornication" rather than go into detail, or use curse words. Since its a parody all the characters are kinda out of character. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6038014/1/Earth
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              Yeah, exactly. *sighs*
              *pouts* The bunny for that whacked-out missing scene idea for your 'Tales of Married Bliss' I told you about a couple of days ago is nibbling at my toes, but I've got to hunker down and get my Season 6 homework done first. Darnit.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I can only imagine the discussion on Vegas - but considering there's a distinct absence of two main characters - that has to be a no on the season ending.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm also working on a new fic, but they're turning out to be longer than I expected. So they're far from finished.

Sig by me

Comment

For everyone working on their Season 6 homework assignment (a novelization of the teaser and Act One of Season 3's 'Echoes'):

Spoiler:
                    I'm sure you've noticed by now that the dialogue spoken by the Ancient woman's "ghost" is very garbled, and GW's transcript doesn't actually tell us what she's really saying. Even the closed captions and subtitles on the DVDs only give descriptions of garbled and unintelligible speech. While I was working on my assignment today, I remembered that the old MGM website had their own transcripts of most of the episodes in Adobe Acrobat format; they weren't the full scripts, but rather 'dialogue scripts' used by the people inserting the closed captions, and the one for Echoes does have the woman's actual dialogue (except in one case). So I've uploaded the PDF file of the Echoes dialogue script here so everyone can download it and add those lines to their assignments if they so choose.

Unfortunately, even the dialogue script doesn't give Radek's little bit in Czech from the beginning of the episode, just a 'Zelenka speaking Czech' note.

I can't believe I didn't even think of looking at that thing until today! *headdesk*

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                      Yup, it has been strangely quiet lately...

Lol, your own little UN... did you play Elizabeth?
                      My mind went....straight to the gutter

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Hmm, didn't think of that. I guess that would make Mr. SR John. No, sorry. I just don't see it. Not the right hair.
                      But it can be awful dark in those closets

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      I can only imagine the discussion on Vegas - but considering there's a distinct absence of two main characters - that has to be a no on the season ending.
                      My consensus too. While I enjoyed it (I wouldn't put it in my top five though), you can't really have a series ender that doesn't feature everyone. Not to mention the fact that the ones that are featured are OOC. But I'm not about to jump into another thread

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                      Here is my fic, its kinda short and incomplete, only has 2 chapters so far. Mention of sparky in first ch, mild slash in ch2, rated it M for suggestive content not because of explicit descriptions, or profanity. I thought it was funnier to use words like "fornication" rather than go into detail, or use curse words. Since its a parody all the characters are kinda out of character. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6038014/1/Earth
                      Will read and comment there. Not tonight I fear

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      For everyone working on their Season 6 homework assignment (a novelization of the teaser and Act One of Season 3's 'Echoes'):

Spoiler:
                      I'm sure you've noticed by now that the dialogue spoken by the Ancient woman's "ghost" is very garbled, and GW's transcript doesn't actually tell us what she's really saying. Even the closed captions and subtitles on the DVDs only give descriptions of garbled and unintelligible speech. While I was working on my assignment today, I remembered that the old MGM website had their own transcripts of most of the episodes in Adobe Acrobat format; they weren't the full scripts, but rather 'dialogue scripts' used by the people inserting the closed captions, and the one for Echoes does have the woman's actual dialogue (except in one case). So I've uploaded the PDF file of the Echoes dialogue script here so everyone can download it and add those lines to their assignments if they so choose.

Unfortunately, even the dialogue script doesn't give Radek's little bit in Czech from the beginning of the episode, just a 'Zelenka speaking Czech' note.

I can't believe I didn't even think of looking at that thing until today! *headdesk*
                      I still can't believe it's not butter Okay, that may have gone right over your head and into a low orbit

And here's my 2c for the night

Spoiler:

Sorry, I didn't think you'd be here. I just came to tidy up your room.
                      What the hell? Why?
                      Well, I overheard Elizabeth say to Kate the other day that she didn't want to get close to you because she thought you had too much junk in your bedroom. Which is funny, coz it looks relatively clean from here. I wonder what she meant?

Spoiler:
                      I pondered on how to do this one (from the character's perspective [ie funny] or the actor's [ie a stinging criticism]). Ultimately, this is what I went with:

Spoiler:

Rachel: Gee Torri, you're acting that mind warp really well. What's your secret?
                      Torri: I'm used to having the higher ups mess with my head
                      Joe: You sure are, you hot sexy *****
                      sigpic

Comment

I lied. Read this.

And I'd have to disagree with your comments a page or so back. I think Teyla comes off better than Rodney - it's obvious it's a joke with her, yet I could see that happening (disturbing as it is) with Rodney
                        sigpic

Comment

Waw, it's so quiet around here... what's up everyone??

gateraid, thanks for the laugh

Sig by me

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yeah, I'm with Kris; where is everyone?

ZOMG, that is some seriously whacked out crack! John is in soooo much trouble! LOL!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            I still can't believe it's not butter Okay, that may have gone right over your head and into a low orbit
                            *snorts*

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            And here's my 2c for the night

Spoiler:
                            [ATTACH]26163[/ATTACH]
                            Sorry, I didn't think you'd be here. I just came to tidy up your room.
                            What the hell? Why?
                            Well, I overheard Elizabeth say to Kate the other day that she didn't want to get close to you because she thought you had too much junk in your bedroom. Which is funny, coz it looks relatively clean from here. I wonder what she meant?

Spoiler:
                            I pondered on how to do this one (from the character's perspective [ie funny] or the actor's [ie a stinging criticism]). Ultimately, this is what I went with:

Spoiler:
                            [ATTACH]26164[/ATTACH]
                            Rachel: Gee Torri, you're acting that mind warp really well. What's your secret?
                            Torri: I'm used to having the higher ups mess with my head
                            Joe: You sure are, you hot sexy *****
                            *cracks up* Damn, you've done it again! LMAO!

Comment

I'm here to report a tragedy. The computer ate 5 pages of my homework. I redid it but I'm sure it's not as good. Frankly, at this point I don't even care. Anyway, I'm not worrying about how to translate Ancient whale and am sure I didn't mark it as instructed because I also lost the directions. Now I have to go over it and will likely post later. How's everyone else doing?
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                I'm here to report a tragedy. The computer ate 5 pages of my homework. I redid it but I'm sure it's not as good. Frankly, at this point I don't even care. Anyway, I'm not worrying about how to translate Ancient whale and am sure I didn't mark it as instructed because I also lost the directions. Now I have to go over it and will likely post later. How's everyone else doing?
                                *gasps in horror* Oh no! Bad computer! *hugs SR and shakes finger at SR's computer*

Me? I'm about to head downstairs and have breakfast.

Comment

Working...
                                X