Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Hey all. I'm eager to see homework. Cute fic, pkprd, and no worries on the deadline. I've missed it myself. Just try to get it done as soon as viably possible.

Hope everyone's been doing well. SR, by the time I get done with my job today you and I could be in the same football conference.
    OMG! Really? What are they up to now? I've been pretty much ignoring sports lately. Though we're having a cookout tomorrow and it just happens that our friends from England are coming. They should get here just in time to see the end of our game. LOL I wonder who will get to gloat.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Eri, I just found this chart. Great granny's goose, what are they doing? I never even heard of some of those conferences. LOL I don't want to change conferences. That would mean learning to hate a whole new bunch of people. I like the enemies we have. Ha.

And for those in other countries who think we talk about football a lot, just scroll down and see how many schools there are.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        OMG! Really? What are they up to now? I've been pretty much ignoring sports lately. Though we're having a cookout tomorrow and it just happens that our friends from England are coming. They should get here just in time to see the end of our game. LOL I wonder who will get to gloat.
        Hopefully you!

Yesterday, Colorado U vacated the Big XII for the Pac-10+whatever. Word on the street is Nebraska will be jumping to the Big 10 this morning. Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, OK State, & Texas A&M are in talks with the Pac-10 (and perhaps other conferences under the table) to vacate the Big XII as early as this afternoon. The Pac-10 is looking to become the Pac-16, and if that happens, my insiders think that the Big 10 and the SEC will also go superconference. The SEC will more than likely petition the power schools in the ACC to join them, and of course VT is one of those.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Hopefully you!

Yesterday, Colorado U vacated the Big XII for the Pac-10+whatever. Word on the street is Nebraska will be jumping to the Big 10 this morning. Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, OK State, & Texas A&M are in talks with the Pac-10 (and perhaps other conferences under the table) to vacate the Big XII as early as this afternoon. The Pac-10 is looking to become the Pac-16, and if that happens, my insiders think that the Big 10 and the SEC will also go superconference. The SEC will more than likely petition the power schools in the ACC to join them, and of course VT is one of those.
          Fruitbasket turnover. Alive and well. It will be fun to see how it shakes out. If it gives us a playoff, I'll be all for it.
          sigpic

Comment

WEEK END!!!!! ALLELUIA!!!!

The month of nightmares starts today for my mom. Three words:
            Spoiler:
            World Football Cup!
            France is playing tonight. My dad and I are ready. Of course, we don't want to see them win. No it's not strange.lol America is playing tomorrow.
            But this World Football Cup started very bad (news about Mandela family) Very sad.

Back to the topic. Did I miss something?
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
              WEEK END!!!!! ALLELUIA!!!!

The month of nightmares starts today for my mom. Three words:
              Spoiler:
              World Football Cup!
              France is playing tonight. My dad and I are ready. Of course, we don't want to see them win. No it's not strange.lol America is playing tomorrow.
              But this World Football Cup started very bad (news about Mandela family) Very sad.

Back to the topic. Did I miss something?
              Yay World Cup! Go USA, beat England. But we're a bit distracted right now by the college football news. Pardon us. Everybody be real nice to SK when she gets here. Her team got some bad news.

It's been quiet around here. But Sparky World Summer is moving on. Do we know anybody who's going to Minneapolis?
              sigpic

Comment

Yay World Cup! Go USA, beat England. But we're a bit distracted right now by the college football news. Pardon us. Everybody be real nice to SK when she gets here. Her team got some bad news.

It's been quiet around here. But Sparky World Summer is moving on. Do we know anybody who's going to Minneapolis?
                Bad news? Is there a link with Eri's post? The one that I didn't understand.lol

For Minneapolis, don't look at me. I forgot this convention and I don't know someons who will go there.
                sigpic

Comment

i've never been into any sports really , i cant play any since i'm a total spaz, and i've never really watched any on tv. The only sport that I've ever actually watched on tv and been interested in the outcome was olympic hockey, but the olympics are usaually the only time i ever watch any sports. well there was the time when i was in 8th grade and watched basketball because my brother was watching it all the time, and i thought one of the players was kinda cute lol. oh and the time i got dragged to 2 Mets games when i was 16 by my first bf.
                  sigpic

Comment

Bad news? Is there a link with Eri's post? The one that I didn't understand.lol

For Minneapolis, don't look at me. I forgot this convention and I don't know someons who will go there.
                    It's college football talk. You didn't miss anything. SK's team, USC, got in trouble and were given some really serious penalties. We're sad for her.

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                    i've never been into any sports really , i cant play any since i'm a total spaz, and i've never really watched any on tv. The only sport that I've ever actually watched on tv and been interested in the outcome was olympic hockey, but the olympics are usaually the only time i ever watch any sports. well there was the time when i was in 8th grade and watched basketball because my brother was watching it all the time, and i thought one of the players was kinda cute lol. oh and the time i got dragged to 2 Mets games when i was 16 by my first bf.
                    Some of us around here are big college football fans. The others tolerate us but in the fall we get all hyped up. Right now they are re-organizing the college football conferences and Eri and I have been talking about it. Ignore us. LOL
                    sigpic

Comment

Back on topic. I'm turning in my homework. It's far from perfect but you can see how long it is and how the episodes will have to be written. Hopefully better. The task was to write the part of Echoes from the opening to the scene when Elizabeth sees the burned man.

Spoiler:
                      Flying rapidly against a clear blue sky, a puddle jumper descends toward the ocean where it crashes and breaks into pieces.

Radek Zelenka points to a diagram on his computer screen and says to Elizabeth Weir, “We now know definitely that the jumper is somewhere in this area.”

Trapped in a sunken jumper and hearing sounds from a giant sea creature, Rodney McKay pauses in fright and says hesitantly “Are you angry or are you hungry?” Suddenly realizing the creature must be able to hear the jumper's transmitter, Rodney continues, “It must be transmitting at a ...at a frequency you can hear.” He smiles in relief.

Another jumper is shown descending through the ocean's depths and the voice of John Sheppard is heard to say, “Descending through one thousand.”

Inside the jumper, John is studying the HUD while Radek Zelenka is in the rear seat working on his computer. Realizing what they are seeing on the display, Radek says, “Your sea monster.”

“It's still swimming around in circles in the same area which means...” Sheppard begins.

“I have the jumper. The animal's circling around it.” Radek interrupts as he leaves his viewscreen and moves to the co-pilot's seat.

John lands the jumper and they extend the shield to include Rodney's sunken craft. John calls to Rodney on the radio. “All you have to do is open the door and walk to my jumper.”

With John and Radek supporting him, Rodney is able to walk between the jumpers as the giant whale swims over their heads. “Oh, hey pal, sorry you won't get to eat me today,” Rodney calls out.

“He's the reason we found you,” John says as they help Rodney into the rescue jumper.

“Really,” McKay says in surprise.

John Sheppard piloted the puddle jumper over the clear expanse of ocean, having picked up Radek Zelenka and Ronon Dex from an off world camping trip.

“Well, how'd the camping go?” John asked.

From the co-pilot's seat Radek, who is dressed in casual outdoorsy clothes used his expressive hands to illustrate his successful mission. “Oh, splendid. I was able to run several ground-penetrating radar tests – you know, to test the dielectric permittivity of the region's subsurface.”

Beside him, John frowned in puzzlement and thought he needed to say something in reply to Radek's enthusiastic explanation. Nothing appropriate came to mind, so he shrugged and said “Sweet!”

Appreciating the Colonel's attempt to understand his report, Radek grinned wider.

“What about you?” John turned toward the other occupant of the puddle jumper. In the back, Ronon sat with his arms folded, his face twisted into a frown. Not seeming to notice Ronon's lack of attention, John swiveled back toward the front and continued, “How was the hunting?”

Angrily, Ronon indicated Radek with a thrust of his elbow. “If there *was* any game, it was all scared off by the noises his stupid machines made.”

Looking as if he had heard it all before, Radek replied in an impatient voice, “I said I was sorry. It was necessary for the tests.”

Ronon grimaced at him and looked even more disgusted.

“You're the one who volunteered to go,” Sheppard reminded him.

“If I do something like that again, shoot me,” Ronon said emphatically while Radek looked increasingly alarmed.

Sighing and shaking his head, Radek said to John, “He was like this all night, you know – very agitated. Had me scared.”

John looked around at Ronon and drawled, “He'll be all right. Get him home, get him a nice warm bath, hot meal...”

Suddenly startled, Radek straightened and stared out the front window. “Oh no!”

“What?” John asked, not seeing anything unusual.

Radek searched the horizon, his eyes darting back and forth. “Where's Atlantis?” Frantically, he tapped on the keyboard in front of him. “It should be right in front of us.”

“Then why isn't it?” John asked.

Mouth open in shock, Radek again tapped on a few keys and said, “I, I don't know.”

“Is it cloaked?”

“No, no, no, they would have radioed us about it.” Radek continued with the tapping.

Showing obvious disgust, Ronon asked, “So what are you saying? We're lost?”

Ignoring him, Radek hit a few more keys and turned to John, “Wait, wait, wait, wait – adjust your heading forty degrees south.”

John made the adjustment while Radek continued to look puzzled before saying, “The navigation system is off.”

“Why?” John asked.

“I don't know. It could be any of a number of reasons, you know – clock drift, the fluctuations in the magnetosphere from the sunspots ...”

Suddenly, John pointed out the window in relief. “There it is.”

Radek sighed and thanked God in Chech while Ronon refolded his arms and went back to pouting.

“See, no harm no foul,” John said with obvious relief and a glance back to check on Ronon. Seeing that his friend was once again in a terrible mood, John added, “You might wanna take Teyla up on her offer for meditation lessons. Looks like you could use a little unwinding ...”

“Just land this thing,” Ronon snarled back at him.

Sometime later in the evening Teyla sat in a posture of meditation. “Slowly exhale allowing each breath to cleanse you, restoring your body and spirit.” Teyla's soft voice set a very soothing tone as she took a deep breath and continued. “Feel your mind clearing...open to all that surrounds you.” Another breath and a longer pause. “Embrace the silence.”

Teyla eyes snapped open and her serene expression changed to one of annoyance as behind her Ronon Dex began to snore loudly.

“Ronon?” Teyla questioned, tilting her head to one side. She turned toward him with a disbelieving look as the snoring continued.

The partially successful meditation session over, Teyla settled on a slightly amused look as she made her way back to her quarters. But coming toward her in a corridor was a woman she didn't recognize. The woman's mode of dress identified her as an Ancient in Teyla's mind. Puzzled and confused, Teyla stopped and watched as the woman came toward her. She appeared to be speaking rapidly in a strange language.

“I'm sorry but I do not understand,” Teyla said, holding out her hand in an attempt to get the woman to pause but the stranger kept coming and seemed to pass right through her. Teyla stared in shock at what had just happened, turning rapidly to see where she had gone but the other person was no where to be found.

(credits roll)

Elizabeth Weir was making her way cautiously down the steep stairs when she heard Rodney McKay call her name. She paused and glanced back over her shoulder at the scientist who was approaching with his data pad. Sighing in frustration, Elizabeth turned and continued down the steps.

“Did you get my email?” Rodney asked as he followed her down the stairs.

“Which email?” Elizabeth asked frustration obvious in her tone of voice and the tilt of her head., “One of the seven today, or one of the eighteen yesterday?”

“I know, I'm being unusually persistent about this, but that should only underscore its importance, yes?” Rodney caught up with her and they continued walking.

Using her hands to emphasize each word, Elizabeth said, “We *cannot* keep all three ZPMs from the Replicator take-over, Rodney. We get *one*. Now, I don't know how to make it any clearer for you.”

“Well, I felt if I could just outline the reasons for keeping them – you know, bullet point, very brief ...” Rodney paused and looked at her hopefully.

With an edge in her voice, Elizabeth interrupted, “It was twenty-six pages.”

“I know, but if we hope to persuade Stargate Command ...”

Elizabeth stopped walking and whirled toward him. “Okay, So tell me. Who would you deprive of the other ZPMs? The Antarctic outpost?”

“Well, no, because they need it to power the chair to protect Earth.”

“OK, how about the Odyssey, then? They're getting the other ZPM to help them in their fight against the Ori. Rodney, we have enough power now to raise the shield *and* cloak the city *and* dial home. Please, can you start seeing the glass as half full?”

Rodney managed to look a little guilty but couldn't resist replying, “You mean, one-third full.”

Elizabeth glared at him for a moment before saying, “No more emails.”

Rodney was too late in his attempt to continue the argument because Elizabeth was gone.

Ronon and Teyla were engaged in a particularly intense fight with the bantos rods. She whirled and ducked and dodged his every blow. Finally he backed off and circled her looking for an opening but his sudden aggressive move was thwarted by her headbutt. Nearly climbing his big body, Teyla delivered a kick to the huge man's ribs that nearly brought him to his knees.

With a groan of pain Ronon held his side and looked up at her. “I'm sorry,” Teyla said insincerely with a big smile, “you weren't expecting that?” Ronon continued to glare at her, puzzled and she grinned at him.

As they walked down a set of steps together after the workout, Teyla laughed as Ronon made excuses for his poor performance. “I was tired,” he explained. “It was a long day.”

“Hmm,” Teyla observed with a smile.

“To be honest, I...,” Ronon began.

“You don't care much for meditation,” Teyla completed for him.

“Never could sit still long enough for it,” Ronon agreed.

“All the more reason for you to consider...” Teyla began before stopping in her tracks. Her expression suddenly changed to one of fright and surprise and Ronon looked at her strangely.

Once again Teyla saw the strange woman in the long white gown coming toward her. Ronon followed her gaze down the corridor but saw nothing. In Teyla's eyes the woman was behaving much as before, coming toward her and speaking in a strange tongue.

“What is it?” Ronon asked, still seeing nothing.

Teyla took a deep breath before replying, “A woman.”

Still seeing nothing, Ronon asked, “What woman?”

The woman began speaking and Teyla moved aside to allow her to pass between her and Ronon before following her down the hall.

Teyla gasped in shock when the door at the end of the hall opened and a hideously burned man appeared. Hurrying to her, Ronon grasped her arms and asked anxiously, “Hey, hey, what's wrong?”

The door was now closed and both the man and woman had disappeared. Still in shock, Teyla could only gasp.

“What?” Ronon asked again.

Rodney was standing on a balcony, binoculars up to his eyes, focusing on the water when the doors opened and John walked up beside him. John stood silently waiting to be noticed.

“Huh,” Rodney said, lowering the binoculars.

McKay suddenly noticed that John was standing beside him. “Hey, how long have you been standing there?”

“Hour or so,” John said as he continued to look out over the water.

“What?! Why didn't you say anything? I feel like a .... Oh. It's the kidding.”

Rodney nodded in realization and John reached out for the binoculars. “What did you want to show me?”

John raised the binoculars up to his eyes and Rodney pointed at the ocean. “Right there.”

“Wow,” John observed, “all that water.”

Rodney hummed and then rolled his eyes before saying, “Just wait for it.”

A huge whalelike creature could be seen breaking the surface and slapping his tail back down as he disappeared beneath the waves.

“It's my friend. He's back.” Rodney said happily.

John lowered the binoculars and gave a crooked smile of agreement before returning them to his eyes and once more searching for the elusive creature.
                      sigpic

Comment

And part 2

Spoiler:
                        Teyla lay quietly as the scan swept down her body.

“The scan's clean. No sign of any physical abnormality.” Carson said to Elizabeth and Ronon who stood beside Teyla's bed looking at the images on the screen.

“We've seen devices that mess with people's minds – cause them to hallucinate things.” Ronon said.

“Aye, but they've always had corresponding neural activity to indicate a problem. No, I'm afraid for the moment anyway, there doesn't appear to be any physiological reasons for her hallucinations.” Carson replied.

Ronon looked at Teyla with concern and perched on the side of a nearby bed while Elizabeth continued to study the scans of Teyla's body. “Then why did she see what she saw?” she asked.

“I don't quite know,” Carson answered honestly.

“Many Ancestors died here recently.” Teyla said as she sat up. “During the Replicator invasion the crew of the Tria were all murdered. Perhaps they attempted to ascend but were prevented from fully doing so – trapped between this plane of existence and the next.”

“You mean ghosts?” Elizabeth asked.

“You ask me, it's too much meditation,” Ronon said with a twinkle in his eye which resulted in a sarcastic look from Teyla.

John and Elizabeth walked briskly down a corridor. “Is she gonna be okay?” John asked.

“I don't know,” Elizabeth replied. “Hopefully she just needs some rest. We've all been through quite a lot ...”

“There you are,” Rodney interrupted as he spotted them.

“Rodney, I told you...” Elizabeth began.

“No, not you I mean Sheppard.” Rodney gestured toward John as he fell into step with them.

“Thank you,” Elizabeth said as she gave John a quick look and began to smile.

Rodney continued gesturing with his hands as he clarified, “Oh, I mean, not that I don't wanna talk to you. Well, you *can* be a part of this conversation. In fact, I think you'll probably find it every bit as interesting ...”

Growing impatient, John interrupted, “What are you saying?”

Proudly, Rodney held up his data pad on which could be seen the image of some sort of creature. “Check it out.” He looked back and forth between John and Elizabeth. “Found it in the Ancient data base. They have a whole subsection on indigenous Lantean animal life. Did you know that there was a lobster-like crustacean down there the size of a Buick?”

Elizabeth tried to look impressed while John barely managed to hide a smirk. “Hmm? And what is that?” Elizabeth pointed at the data pad.

“That's Rodney's whale friend,” John observed.

“Ah, but not actually a whale. Whale-like, but not a mammal. It's a fish. It's a big big fish.” Rodney looked back at his pad.

“Did the Ancients have a name for it?” John asked.

Rodney seemed to lose some of his enthusiasm. “Yeah,” he said uncomfortably, “Flagecallas”

John smirked some more and Elizabeth seemed to be silently mouthing the name. “I know,” Rodney agreed, “they were terrible at naming things. I've just, um ... I've just called it "whale" for now.”

“And why are you studying this?” Elizabeth asked.

“Oh, `cause he's out there right now, circling the city.
                        Sheppard and I saw him. Probably the very same whale that saved me last year when I was trapped in that submerged Jumper.” Rodney looked happy again.

John frowned. “I thought Zelenka and I saved you?”

“You did,” Rodney remembered, “technically, but only after Sam led you to me.”

“Sam?” Elizabeth said as John and Elizabeth stared at Rodney.

Realizing he may have given away too much, Rodney quickly tried to explain. “Uh, it's the whale. I named him – after Sam ... antha Carter. Personal reasons.”

“You named him after Samantha Carter?” John asked in a disbelieving tone.

“Well, Sam's a boy's name too.” Rodney smirked at him as John tried once again to hide a smile.

“And how d'you know he's a he?” Elizabeth wondered.

“Oh,” Rodney said, happy to explain “because I cross-referenced the renderings in the database with the whale outside and, you'll see ...” He pulled up a new image on his data pad. “... the males have a rather prominent ...”

“Oh, it's OK, never mind. I'll take your word for it,” Elizabeth said quickly as John nodded. “I trust this little diversion isn't actually cutting into your work time?”

“Oh, no, no. No, of course not. No, I'm just dabbling in my free time,” Rodney assured her.

“All right then boys, dabble away.” Elizabeth gave Rodney a slap on the shoulder and left them.

“So, these, uh, whales. Did the Ancients say they're good eating?” John asked as he and Rodney once again began walking down the hallway.

“Oh, you wouldn't,” Rodney said in disbelief.

“I would,” John said.

In her darkened room, Teyla slipped between the covers preparing for sleep but as soon as she began to relax she heard the same woman's voice that she had experienced earlier. Puzzled, she quickly got out of bed and went to her door and opened it. A shadowy figure passed outside in the hallway and Teyla quickly followed only to discover that once again she was seeing the woman in the long white gown.

“Hello,” she called but the woman continued to move away from her. “Wait,” Teyla yelled and quickened her pace to catch up with her. The woman continued on her way until a door at the end of the corridor opened and a man with burns covering most of his body emerged. Teyla watched in horror as the man fell into the woman's arms. Once again the woman turned toward her and began to speak in her rapid language. She seemed distressed and appeared to be begging Teyla for help. The loud voice was painful and Teyla covered her ears to hopefully muffle some of the sound.

“You don't understand what the woman is saying?” Dr. Kate Heightmeyer asked Teyla as they sat talking in her office.

“No. I believe she is speaking in the ancestral tongue.” Teyla explained.

Kate nodded seriously, “You said she's afraid?” Teyla also nodded. “Of the burned man?”

“No. It is my sense that she's trying to help him. Whatever it is she fears, I do not know.” Teyla shook her head in confusion.

“Did you try to talk to her?” Kate asked.

“Yes, but she seems unaware of me. It is as if I'm not even there.” Teyla's puzzlement grew.

The doctor paused for a moment in thought before continuing, “If these *are* apparitions, why do you think they're appearing to you?”

Teyla shook her head in confusion but then smiled as if remembering something. “Too much meditation,” she said.

Kate frowned, not understanding.

“Something Ronon said to me,” Teyla replied as her smile grew.

Kate laughed in understanding. “Oh. Well, there are those who believe that meditation is a way of opening a door to the spiritual world.”

“If these *are* Ancestors trapped between planes of existence, perhaps they are trying to communicate something to me. Maybe they believe I can help them to move on,” Teyla replied.

“I don't know why she's experiencing these visions,” Dr. Heightmeyer said to Dr. Weir as they walked together, “but she's always been one to shoulder a lot of emotional responsibility.”

Elizabeth nodded in agreement and Kate went on, “She may be carrying some guilt over what happened to the Ancients here recently.”

“Well, why? It certainly wasn't her fault,” Elizabeth asked, giving Kate a direct look.

“No, no, of course not,” Kate went on, “but somewhere deep inside her she may somehow feel complicit in the actions that led up to their murders.”

“Hmm,” Elizabeth commented.

“I'll continue working with her and see if I can sort things out,” Kate offered.

“OK. I'll make sure she gets some rest, even if it means taking her off the next mission,” Elizabeth added as the two women stopped and faced each other.

“She does seem tired,” Kate agreed, “She hasn't been sleeping well, and the last few days she's been complaining of headaches.”

Elizabeth frowned. “Doctor Beckett gave her a clean bill of health.”

“Well, we'll just keep an eye on her. Hopefully it'll all pass,” Kate concluded.

“Let's hope so. Thank you,” Elizabeth said in parting.

Walking to a transporter, Elizabeth paused for a moment and sighed before waving her hand over the crystals to open the door. Standing before her in the transporter was the same badly burned man that Teyla had reported seeing. Elizabeth stepped back in shock as the man seemed to collapse at her feet and disappear. Elizabeth turned quickly in all directions but she was alone in the corridor.
                        sigpic

Comment

It's college football talk. You didn't miss anything. SK's team, USC, got in trouble and were given some really serious penalties. We're sad for her.

Some of us around here are big college football fans. The others tolerate us but in the fall we get all hyped up. Right now they are re-organizing the college football conferences and Eri and I have been talking about it. Ignore us. LOL
                          lol its cool , i dont mind reading about it
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh ok.

And I'm love talking about football, tennus and many others sports with....myself. Ignore me too.lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh ok.

And I'm love talking about football, tennus and many others sports with....myself. Ignore me too.lol
                              Here comes the teams! France and Uruguay! I actually get to watch because, well, technically it's work for me. I need to know what's going on!

And part 2
                              SR, nicely done. That was a lot of text--and only 1 segment!!
                              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Here comes the teams! France and Uruguay! I actually get to watch because, well, technically it's work for me. I need to know what's going on!
                                I'm here and not here. I hope Uruguay will win.lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X