Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
    Spoiler:
    AS for the kiss, it seemed like it just didn't feel right to her. We've speculated LOTs about whether it was he was too caring than how he really was, whether it reminded her of a certain Major , if it was a dissappointment and she WANTED a certain Major , etc.

I think the general concensous is that she respected him and loved him but she wasn't IN love with him. She looked so heart broken in Intruder, but i think that perhaps over the time she spent in Atlantis she had come to miss an 'adapted' memory of him instead of the real Simon.
    Major??? What about Colonel Sheppard???

And the thing about the Not-Really-In-Love-With-Him reminds me of Pete :hiss: and Sam.
    Spoiler:
    I hated Simon for dumping her like that but then again, I think it was a GREAT decision oh his part. I think the reason he did that was that Liz remebered the Simon from I think a year or two ago and he'd change so much that even he sees it. That and he found someone else.

What I don't understand is why Liz went back to him b/c remeber in LFP when she told Simon to move on?

Comment

Originally posted by *AtlantisFan*
      I'm from South Florida and whenever I go somewhere else in this country of state even, people tell me that I have an accent, but that's probable because I lived in Germany for the first ten years of my life. I can never pick up Torri's Canadian accent when she's in character. Joe's sounds like an American all around, plus he's a huge Football fan. I'm not really a big Football fan but I watch it sometimes.
      Alas, I read in an interview with Joe that he is not a football fan. He only likes sports he can play. But now that they've restricted him so much, maybe he will become one. But we still know that John is a big fan.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
        I'd love to hear some takes on the former Eliz relationship from some folks who've seen the ep.

Thanks,

Bama ; )
        For what it's worth in Home I think -
        Spoiler:
        when Liz kissed Simon she noticed that something was not quite right as the whole episode is about their reality being altered.
        There was a lot of discussion early on about whether they were actually married. TPTB did a lousy job of clarifying the relationship. My theory is that they had intended it to be a stable long time relationship at first, but how can that be when you are obviously a bit taken with your right hand man? Hee.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
          I'm originally from Los Angeles. The "correct" word is SODA. Get it right! *LOL*
          Actually the real correct term is COLD DRINK with emphasis on the COLD. If you must be specific, you may say "co-cola", instead of Coca Cola or just Pepsi. You Yankees never could get it right.
          sigpic

Comment

No, Elizabeth isn't married to Simon. There was no ring on her finger or Simon's for that matter (although I don't think most men wear their wedding bands). And I would think that if she was then she wouldn't have gone to Atlantis. Which makes me wonder (again) if they were suppose to have a stable long time relationship, why didn't Simon persuade her to stay or Liz have listened to Simon if he had?

I have a feeling that their relationship may have been crumbling before she was offered to go to Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
              Actually the real correct term is COLD DRINK with emphasis on the COLD. If you must be specific, you may say "co-cola", instead of Coca Cola or just Pepsi. You Yankees never could get it right.
              I really don't have a problem with this for I drink Sprite Zero!

Comment

For what it's worth in Home I think -
                Spoiler:
                when Liz kissed Simon she noticed that something was not quite right as the whole episode is about their reality being altered.
                There was a lot of discussion early on about whether they were actually married. TPTB did a lousy job of clarifying the relationship. My theory is that they had intended it to be a stable long time relationship at first, but how can that be when you are obviously a bit taken with your right hand man? Hee.
                I really doubt that Liz and Simon ever had the greatest relationship. She DID take an assignment from which she might never return, and then sent him a "Dear Simon" video. . .twice.

There is something about relationships - when you break up, sometimes you are still drawn back for awhile - even when you know in your heart that it is finished. The face-to-face with Simon was a final closure and that can still be difficult, even when feelings for that person are no longer there.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
                  No, Elizabeth isn't married to Simon. There was no ring on her finger or Simon's for that matter (although I don't think most men wear their wedding bands). And I would think that if she was then she wouldn't have gone to Atlantis. Which makes me wonder (again) if they were suppose to have a stable long time relationship, why didn't Simon persuade her to stay or Liz have listened to Simon if he had?

I have a feeling that their relationship may have been crumbling before she was offered to go to Atlantis.
                  Wow...am lovin all the 'takes' on this...

I never really thought they were married at any point but it seems they've known each other a good while-probably professionally as much as anything. I think you make a good point here that there are subtle hints that the relationship-though perhaps not admitted openly by either party-wasn't on a stable foundation. Respect and appreciation and love are not the same thing as 'being in love' with someone. I just find the parallel between her behavor toward John and her behavior toward Simon interesting.

Spoiler:

She already shows such passion with John (see one of their many debates) and for him (see hug and gazefests) that you don't really feel she had toward Simon. I mean, when Simon told her he was with another woman, she teared up and was obviously a bit hurt/betrayed but you didn't see her pitch a fit on him or call him on it or ask a lot of questions or jump into his arms like she might have if there were deep abiding love or great satisfying sex laying on the altar.

I've felt what I would call 'love' for a number of men in my life. I have a male collegue that I've worked with for a dozen years and I adore and hug when I've missed him but there's not a whit of sexual intimacy there. I respect him and the great work he does here but with my husband it is different. The arguments we engage in challenge me and they get my blood pumping. He can make me laugh out loud and then in the same breath want to slug him. I like to look at him and touch him and I've learned all those small things about him that make him uniquely 'him' and especially 'mine'. I see those things developing in Elizabeth toward John and vice-versa and it just looks and feels to me like a 'couple' slowly developing. I really wonder if either of them, regardless of past relationships has ever experienced anything like it. I'd guess 'no' and that answer will probably lead us through a lot of long, sometimes charming, sometimes irritating and sometimes exciting tribulations until the two of them finally discover that they've finally found what they didn't even know they were looking for: each other.

-Bama ; )

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                    Wow...am lovin all the 'takes' on this...

I never really thought they were married at any point but it seems they've known each other a good while-probably professionally as much as anything. I think you make a good point here that there are subtle hints that the relationship-though perhaps not admitted openly by either party-wasn't on a stable foundation. Respect and appreciation and love are not the same thing as 'being in love' with someone. I just find the parallel between her behavor toward John and her behavior toward Simon interesting.
                    She acts, in my oppinion, more friendly with John ever since the beginning of Season 2 and
                    Spoiler:
                    the hug and near deaths so far this season.
                    Like she lets her mood soften a little bit like we saw in Duet. For Simon though, she seems a bit jumpy like we saw in Intruder.
                    Spoiler:
                    But maybe that's because she hasn't seen the guy in two years... :shrug:

IMO, I think that she and John seem comfortable around each other than her and Simon. Well, they do have different personalities. Simon's a bit quiet while Elizabeth is more out going, and John is more of a bend the rules while she is more of a play by the book.

This is... a very interesting topic to bring up because you can look at it in so many different ways. Makes a great discussion.

Comment

Alas, I read in an interview with Joe that he is not a football fan. He only likes sports he can play. But now that they've restricted him so much, maybe he will become one. But we still know that John is a big fan.
                      Oh my god. I didn't realize that I wrote Joe is a big football fan, I meant to write John is a big football fan. I need to start reading through my posts more than once before I submit them. Sorry for the mistake.
                      *AtlantisFan*

McKay: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.
                      Sheppard: I shot him.... In the leg.

Ford: How can something as big as Atlantis just sink?
                      Sheppard: I'm sure the passengers on the Titanic were asking themselves the same question?!

McKay: You're right- if only we had a magical tool that could slow down time. I foolishly left mine on Earth - did you bring yours?

McKay: I will try, but despite what you all may think, I am not Superman

Comment

Originally posted by *AtlantisFan*
                        Oh my god. I didn't realize that I wrote Joe is a big football fan, I meant to write John is a big football fan. I need to start reading through my posts more than once before I submit them. Sorry for the mistake.
                        Don't worry about making mistakes. We only mock people a little. The thread's baby dragon was born of a typo, after all.

Someone earlier said Torri was Welsh — I think she's actually from Ontario, but went to theatre school in the UK.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else here sign up for the Shep/Weir ficathon at LJ?
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                          Just out of curiosity, did anyone else here sign up for the Shep/Weir ficathon at LJ?
                          I did! I haven't started working on my assignment yet though; the bunnies haven't started biting yet.
                          ~Cathey~
                          Nothin' crazy, nothin' fancy. Just me.

Comment

Welcome Truthlostmsr!!!

I don't have LJ so that's a no.

Comment

Omg, I was surfing through some of the threads and came across The Season 2 OPENING CREDITS!!!!!!!! in the One Minute Atlantis Season 2 Intro Thread. It may be a bit off topic but the opening is really awesome!!! They got Steve (or was it Bob?) and Carson in the credits too!!!
                              Last edited by xkawaiix; 10 August 2005, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
                                Welcome Truthlostmsr!!!
                                YAY! Welcome !! Nice to see you in here

BTW S`Red;
                                Once visited Canada and asked for a cooldrink and chips got the strangest look from waitress. Was very subtlety informed by my Can`cuz that I was to ask for a "soda" and "crisps" LOL

*Sigh* is it Friday yet?

“I know how Sheppard can be,” “He’s an incredibly strong man,” “and Elizabeth is his weakness. He doesn’t know how to handle that.”
                                - Rodney to AU Elizabeth : quote from PeanutButterer`s The Other Side

Comment

Working...
                                X