Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I don't hear good things from the Chronicles. I wanted to watch it, but I can't find it online...

Don't watch it, but I think it's cancelled.
    Mr. SR and I like Chronicles, him more than me. He read all the books and says they did the same thing as they did with Legend of the Seeker and have pretty much started in the middle. But the acting is good and the story is interesting, so we're good to go.

I checked on Cedar Cove and it has indeed been cancelled. Disappointing, but only mildly so. I liked it but not as much as When Calls the Heart.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Mr. SR and I like Chronicles, him more than me. He read all the books and says they did the same thing as they did with Legend of the Seeker and have pretty much started in the middle. But the acting is good and the story is interesting, so we're good to go.
      I have yet to read any of the Sword of Truth books, but I did like LotS so will keep trying to locate the series.

My sister and I are catching up with the miniseries The Last Kingdom which aired on the British television a month or so ago. It's inspired by a book from Bernard Cornwell.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Well, we didn't win the Powerball last night...
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Well, we didn't win the Powerball last night...
          LOL, neither did we, and we had such plans too. A couple in my hometown in NC won $1 million. I think I went to school with him. The name sounds awfully familiar. He was a truck driver, and I am very happy for them. Though after taxes, you end up with less than half of it.
          sigpic

Comment

YAY!! Snow has finally arrived!

It melts as it falls but it is SNOWING!!! *dances*

Comment

Exciting. Mine has just been on the ground for days.
              sigpic
              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

It didn't all melt, so we had a few milimeters and a lot of water so free carwash.

Comment

Yikes. Between Texas having all four seasons at once, the first hurricane of the year in the Atlantic (FYI, hurricane season starts in June ), and the screwy little mini-cane that just rolled in over Florida this morning (cold and wet because I forgot my Converse have a hole in the sole ), the weather has lost its mind.

Need some fluffy Sparky fic. Be back in a minute.

Comment

I call this: "Slow to Listen, Quick to Speak"

Oneshot for Echoes.

Spoiler:
                    The temperature on Lantea had cooled down after sunset. Elizabeth had disappeared from her office, seeking refuge on the balcony behind the stairs that led to the Gate room. She hugged herself a little tighter, probably wishing that she hadn’t forgotten her jacket in her quarters.

John glanced out the window as Zelenka’s voice began to whine down in his head. “Give me a second,” he interrupted, holding up a finger without taking his eyes off the window.

He went down the stairs and entered the balcony from the other side, out of Elizabeth’s sight.

“Nice night, huh?”

She didn’t respond.

“You know, I was thinking that maybe we should – Elizabeth?”

Her back had stayed turned towards him. Her eyes still roamed over the dark ocean. She hadn’t given any acknowledgement of his presence.

And then John remembered how long it had taken for his hearing to really come back.

A faint smile crossed his lips. He really shouldn’t be having fun with this, but why not?

“I haven’t had a shower in three days,” he started, testing it out slowly.

Nothing.

“Ronon likes to dress in drag.”

Still no response.

“McKay’s parents call him a she.”

Nope.

“I’m in love with you.”

And then Elizabeth burst out laughing.

John felt his face flush as she turned around and grinned at him, trying to hold in another laugh. “I had a feeling that you’d try something but--” she cut herself off as she failed to repress her laughter. “That was good, John. I was going to stop you but I had to admit, I was curious,” she chuckled, “to see how far you would take this.”

He shuffled his feet, shrugging like he had just gotten caught sticking his tongue out at the teacher. “Sorry.”

“Don’t be. After today, I needed a laugh. And if it gives you the opportunity to express your true feelings for me--”

John’s eyes widened as his head shot up.

“Well, then, who am I to stop you?” Elizabeth smiled devilishly at him, and he sighed a little. Sometimes, he really couldn’t read her when she tried to be funny.

But her own sense of humor was about as twisted as his.

John cleared his thought, then smiled weakly at her. “So your hearing--”

“Is nearly back to normal,” she answered, turning back to the ocean as John moved next to her. “Carson’s given me a clean bill of health. The eardrum will take care of itself.”

He nodded. “Good.”

The entire city had nearly recovered from their latest incident; it almost seemed like something freakish was happening every week. Considering how bad it could’ve been, John was surprised that there had only been one fatality.

And judging from the look on Elizabeth’s face, he knew that it was still one too many.

But now wasn’t the time to get depressed; that was half the reason that John had “checked” Elizabeth’s hearing.

“So,” Elizabeth prompted, leaning on the railing. “What were you thinking?”

“Huh?”

“When you first walked out here. You said you were thinking about something.”

“Oh, that. It’s not a big deal.”

Elizabeth nodded and pursed her lips, though John knew that his answer was unconvincing.

He licked his lips. “I was thinking we need to add s’mores ingredients to the delivery order. You know, for the cold nights.”

“And a firepit.”

“And camp chairs.”

“I’m sure we can make do with something here,” she replied optimistically.

“Then how about the East Pier? 2100 hours?” He glanced out at the water. “We don’t have marshmallows, but I’ve got a guitar.”

Elizabeth smiled. “Sounds perfect.”

John nodded at her then left the balcony.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Elizabeth would have never admitted it out loud, but she liked the sound of John saying he was in love with her.

Even if it wasn’t true.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

John bit his lip most of the way back to his quarters. He never imagined saying those words out loud, but now that he had, the thought that he might have meant it more than he realized wouldn’t leave him alone.

And he was okay with that.

The title is actually a play on words from a famous saying. 10 points if you know it.
                    Last edited by ShipperWriter; 15 January 2016, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      Yikes. Between Texas having all four seasons at once, the first hurricane of the year in the Atlantic (FYI, hurricane season starts in June ), and the screwy little mini-cane that just rolled in over Florida this morning (cold and wet because I forgot my Converse have a hole in the sole ), the weather has lost its mind.

Need some fluffy Sparky fic. Be back in a minute.
                      And don't forget the 75 degree temps in the NE on Christmas. We are yet to have any more than a couple of flurries of snow. Not that I'm complaining mind you, those who love it can have my share.
                      sigpic

Comment

Not that I'm complaining mind you, those who love it can have my share.
                        THANK YOU!!

I was the happiest this morning as I could be when I saw all that snow. I generally get up with a feeling of dread in my stomach, but today I got up smiling and grinning, and giggling like a happy snowman.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

LOL, neither did we, and we had such plans too. A couple in my hometown in NC won $1 million. I think I went to school with him. The name sounds awfully familiar. He was a truck driver, and I am very happy for them. Though after taxes, you end up with less than half of it.
                          See, that's why the bigger jackpots are so much more useful. Once the taxes are taken, you still have a decent amount of money left to play with.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          YAY!! Snow has finally arrived!

It melts as it falls but it is SNOWING!!! *dances*
                          Yay!

Love that ficlet, ShipperWriter! Just imagine what might happen if they did have marshmallows, though...
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oneshot for Echoes.

Spoiler:
                            The temperature on Lantea had cooled down after sunset. Elizabeth had disappeared from her office, seeking refuge on the balcony behind the stairs that led to the Gate room. She hugged herself a little tighter, probably wishing that she hadn’t forgotten her jacket in her quarters.

John glanced out the window as Zelenka’s voice began to whine down in his head. “Give me a second,” he interrupted, holding up a finger without taking his eyes off the window.

He went down the stairs and entered the balcony from the other side, out of Elizabeth’s sight.

“Nice night, huh?”

She didn’t respond.

Her back had stayed turned towards him. Her eyes still roamed over the dark ocean. She hadn’t given any acknowledgement of his presence.

And then John remembered how long it had taken for his hearing to really come back.

A faint smile crossed his lips. He really shouldn’t be having fun with this, but why not?

Nothing.

Still no response.

Nope.

“I’m in love with you.”

John felt his face flush as she turned around and grinned at him, trying to hold in another laugh. “I had a feeling that you’d try something but--” she cut herself off as she failed to repress her laughter. “That was good, John. I was going to stop you but I had to admit, I was curious,” she chuckled, “to see how far you would take this.”

He shuffled his feet, shrugging like he had just gotten caught sticking his tongue out at the teacher. “Sorry.”

“Don’t be. After today, I needed a laugh. And if it gives you the opportunity to express your true feelings for me--”

“Well, then, who am I to stop you?” Elizabeth smiled devilishly at him, and he sighed a little. Sometimes, he really couldn’t read her when she tried to be funny.

“Is nearly back to normal,” she answered, turning back to the ocean as John moved next to her. “Carson’s given me a clean bill of health. The eardrum will take care of itself.”

He nodded. “Good.”

The entire city had nearly recovered from their latest incident; it almost seemed like something freakish was happening every week. Considering how bad it could’ve been, John was surprised that there had only been one fatality.

And judging from the look on Elizabeth’s face, he knew that it was still one too many.

But now wasn’t the time to get depressed; that was half the reason that John had “checked” Elizabeth’s hearing.

“Huh?”

Elizabeth nodded and pursed her lips, though John knew that his answer was unconvincing.

He licked his lips. “I was thinking we need to add s’mores ingredients to the delivery order. You know, for the cold nights.”

“And a firepit.”

“And camp chairs.”

“Then how about the East Pier? 2100 hours?” He glanced out at the water. “We don’t have marshmallows, but I’ve got a guitar.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Elizabeth would have never admitted it out loud, but she liked the sound of John saying he was in love with her.

Even if it wasn’t true.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

John bit his lip most of the way back to his quarters. He never imagined saying those words out loud, but now that he had, the thought that he might have meant it more than he realized wouldn’t leave him alone.

The title is actually a play on words from a famous saying. 10 points if you know it.
                            Loved this, now that I have a little time to read it. Do you mean "slow to anger, quick to forgive?"
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey, it's a hard job, but somebody's gotta do it. We just started watching The Shannara Chronicles and noticed Brad Turner's name as an executive producer. He has also popped up in a number of shows over the years. SG people are all over the place.

Speaking of Hallmark, does anyone else watch Cedar Cove? Both Teryl Rothery and Dylan Neal (John's brother) have a major part, and Carl Binder is a writer.
                              My mom likes that one too. Seeing Terly with blond hair still throws me for a second.

I do that with almost everything I watch now. If I see an actor from another series, I tell whoever's watching with me who it is, then I double-check IMDb to make sure I'm right.
                              Same here. It just drives me batty and distracts from the show too much if I can't figure out where I've seen the actor before.

Oneshot for Echoes.

Spoiler:

“Nice night, huh?”

She didn’t respond.

Nothing.

Still no response.

Nope.

“I’m in love with you.”

He nodded. “Good.”

“Huh?”

“And a firepit.”

“And camp chairs.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Even if it wasn’t true.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I like it SW. Nicely done.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Love that ficlet, ShipperWriter! Just imagine what might happen if they did have marshmallows, though...
                                Mm-hmm...

Loved this, now that I have a little time to read it. Do you mean "slow to anger, quick to forgive?"
                                Actually I didn't, I was quoting scripture. Just flipped it. But Elizabeth was rather quick to forgive...

Comment

Working...
                                X