X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    They have alien influences on NCIS?
    They also have near death experiences.
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Having a couple of bad days.

Spoiler:
      Someone hit my car, didn't leave a note, and it's not a small scrape. Paint gone, eight inch diameter impact area, right next to my gas cap. Pissed off.

NCIS was
      Spoiler:
      WTH? I mean, yes, I'm happy that one of my OTPs finally kissed onscreen by themselves (no alien influence or undercover missions to induce it) but it was just... ooh. Needed a little more Ziva in that last episode.

Fortunately, NCIS:LA is developing their ship nicely. Thank you.

And my internet data is almost maxed, so I'm relying on work internet which is acting a little fritzy.

And on another note, does anyone know how to convert an iTunes TV show file into an editable video file? Pretty please???
      Sorry about your car. That happened to me once, and I saw the little old lady who did it but was too nice to make her pay. I won't make that same mistake again.

I haven't seen either NCIS yet this week, but I have to add that I don't like either of those ships. I'm funny that way, I think. I ship very few couples aside from Castle. In fact, I can't think of a show in which I have a ship right now, but I actually actively dislike all the ones they are trying to make work. Steve and Catherine on H50 works for me. That may be the only one. And don't even get me started on Bones. I want them to both die in a fire. Especially her.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

You ship John and Elizabeth.
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
          You ship John and Elizabeth.
          I should have made it clear that I ship very few couples who are on TV at the present time. Sparky spoiled me for all the rest I guess.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Sorry about your car. That happened to me once, and I saw the little old lady who did it but was too nice to make her pay. I won't make that same mistake again.

I haven't seen either NCIS yet this week, but I have to add that I don't like either of those ships. I'm funny that way, I think. I ship very few couples aside from Castle. In fact, I can't think of a show in which I have a ship right now, but I actually actively dislike all the ones they are trying to make work. Steve and Catherine on H50 works for me. That may be the only one. And don't even get me started on Bones. I want them to both die in a fire. Especially her.

Well, as I've said before, I'll ship anything that moves. I love Caskett, and I liked Bones back when it was UST. When it became RST, not so much. I'll still watch but because other people on that show have lives, too. I like H50, although I haven't watched regularly, but when I do catch it Steve and Catherine seem like a very real, believable couple. Tiva and Densi? Follow me on Tumblr and you'll see how much I like them. Add to that that even my mother ships them. I brought her over to the dark side of shipping.

Comment

I should have made it clear that I ship very few couples who are on TV at the present time. Sparky spoiled me for all the rest I guess.
              I think that's true for many of us. But with good reason. Look how popular and long-lived this thread is.

Comment

Well, as I've said before, I'll ship anything that moves. I love Caskett, and I liked Bones back when it was UST. When it became RST, not so much. I'll still watch but because other people on that show have lives, too. I like H50, although I haven't watched regularly, but when I do catch it Steve and Catherine seem like a very real, believable couple. Tiva and Densi? Follow me on Tumblr and you'll see how much I like them. Add to that that even my mother ships them. I brought her over to the dark side of shipping.
                *shudders* I don't even know what Densi is. Please tell me it's not Lensi and Deeks. I've got my eye on The Mentalist lately also. I swear if they ship them, I will delete it from my DVR. They have all the romantic chemistry of....dare I say it? Nah, better not.
                sigpic

Comment

*shudders* I don't even know what Densi is. Please tell me it's not Lensi and Deeks. I've got my eye on The Mentalist lately also. I swear if they ship them, I will delete it from my DVR. They have all the romantic chemistry of....dare I say it? Nah, better not.
                  You mean Kensi and Deeks? Then yeah. Sorry.

And I like Lisbon and Jane the way they are. I don't think Jane can have a relationship with anyone. He's too traumatized in his own way and I don't think he can get over that. Or maybe because we need at least one show that they're not pairing the two leads together just because they can.

I love ships, but not when they pull a McKeller.

I think that's why Sparky ruined us. It wasn't an intended ship but that's the direction that the actors took the characters. It was natural, not forced and not fake. It was a real relationship between two people who relied on each other. And even if you take the romantic element out of it, the relationship itself was more real than half the hookups on TV nowadays.

Comment

You mean Kensi and Deeks? Then yeah. Sorry.

And I like Lisbon and Jane the way they are. I don't think Jane can have a relationship with anyone. He's too traumatized in his own way and I don't think he can get over that. Or maybe because we need at least one show that they're not pairing the two leads together just because they can.

I love ships, but not when they pull a McKeller.

I think that's why Sparky ruined us. It wasn't an intended ship but that's the direction that the actors took the characters. It was natural, not forced and not fake. It was a real relationship between two people who relied on each other. And even if you take the romantic element out of it, the relationship itself was more real than half the hookups on TV nowadays.
                    Oh sorry. Yeah, them. You see how close I pay attention to that show.

I'm glad you agree on Jane/Lisbon.

I don't follow many other shows online either. It seems almost better not to know what they intend. Though sometimes it's reassuring. Like with Hell on Wheels. If I didn't know some things, I'd be all WTF? right now. But with SGA, it was the exact opposite. Every thing TPTB said just made us madder.
                    sigpic

Comment

That is what made it so special!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        I totally agree on both things.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        OMG. Why am I not surprised that people are using it for something other than what it's intended for? *headdesk*
                        A lot of people around here that get food stamps do the same kind of things.

Mr. SR and I heard about them and were saying we'd go up there and move the barricades ourselves. I'm glad they got to go. I saw also that some policemen saw the whole thing and let them go about their business. I see too that several more Honor Flights are due in the next few days. I hope they still come. That event made me think of this little fic I wrote eons ago.

Spoiler:
                        Blossoms

“Oh, thank God.” John Sheppard sank gratefully into his side of the back seat and sighed with pleasure. “Now if I could just get out of this uniform.” He gestured disdainfully at himself and gave the last word a particularly harsh inflection.

Beside him, Elizabeth Weir ignored his outburst and leaned forward to speak to their driver. “Sergeant, drive us down to the Tidal Basin if you please. We're going to see the cherry blossoms.” She sat back in her seat and turned to John with a grin.

He scowled back at her. “Elizabeth,” he whined, “you said when our meeting at the White House was finally over we'd go back to the hotel and change and then go get some dinner. We didn't get much for lunch and I'm starving. Plus I need a beer really really...”

“John,” she interrupted, “we are in Washington, D.C.. The cherry blossoms bloom once a year for only a few days. We are going to see the cherry blossoms.”

“Us and about two million other people,” John continued, gesturing at the traffic.

The Sergeant looked in the rearview mirror and smiled, “Don't worry sir and ma'am, I'll get us right down close.”

“Thank you Sergeant,” Elizabeth returned his smile.

“Look,” John leaned across Elizabeth and pointed out her window. “There's a whole row of cherry trees. Now if we turn down this street, I think it will take us straight to the hotel.”

“John, those are Bradford pears,” Elizabeth corrected.

“What about that pretty pink one?” He pointed out his side window.

“Crabapple.”

John crossed his arms and gave up.

It had been many years since Elizabeth had timed a visit to the nation's capital to coincide with this particular spectacle and as always she let out an “ah” of surprise when the car pulled to a smooth stop in a no-parking zone. A pinkish white cloud circled low around the Tidal Basin and spilled down the streets that fed into the area. A gentle breeze caused falling blossoms to whirl in the air and settle on the hair and clothing of the crowds coming into and out of this section of town.

Elizabeth glanced over at John whose head was swiveling back and forth. His mouth was open slightly and his eyes huge with surprise.

“Why John Sheppard,” she teased, “I do believe you have been rendered speechless.”

Their driver opened John's door and went around to do the same for Elizabeth, offering her his hand as she struggled out of the seat. When she joined John on the sidewalk he was standing with his hands on his hips, impeding the flow of several groups of tourists. “Let's walk,” Elizabeth said as she tugged at his arm and he followed her obediently.

They strolled along the sidewalk beside the rows of cherry trees enjoying the mild day. Every direction presented a postcard. At one point the Jefferson Memorial could be seen in the distance, looking like it was wearing a fluffy hat of blossoms. In the opposite direction, the Washington Monument stretched into the sky, framed by the blooms. People jostled each other and murmured apologies because no one was looking where they were going. Everyone had a camera and families from the Far East and the American Midwest took turns photographing each other.

The handsome officer in the Air Force uniform with all the chest candy accompanied by the beautiful woman who in her serious suit looked like she should be making policy statements on the evening news also attracted their share of attention. John returned the salute of a pair of newly minted Marine officers, fresh from the Basic School at Quantico and couldn't stop himself from standing taller when he saw their eyes widen. He knew they had spotted the new medal handing from its blue ribbon around his neck. The trip to the White House had presented the chance for the President, witnessed by a select few, to present the nation's highest award to John. He was a little self conscious about it, but seeing the admiration in the eyes of the Marines made him straighten his shoulders. After all, saving the world several times over wasn't something everybody got a chance to do.

Elizabeth caught his eye and nodded, her own pride in him on full display. John licked his lips and gave her his patented aw shucks grin, but she knew he was feeling the weight of the moment. A bit further down the sidewalk, they stepped aside to allow a wheelchair to pass. A middle aged man was pushing the chair in which sat an elderly gentleman, who by all appearances was a veteran of World War II. He was dressed in a windbreaker and neatly pressed khaki pants and covering his sparse white hair was a cap with the insignia of a famous battleship. Spotting John, the old man raised his hand and the man pushing his chair brought it to a halt. With shaky arms he attempted to rise from his seat.

“Wait, Dad, where are you going?” The younger man quickly set the brake on the chair and looked puzzled.

“Stop here a minute, son.”

John stood frozen, knowing this was something the old gentleman felt he had to do. Seeing the Air Force officer in his dad's line of sight, the man's son reached out and assisted his father in standing. With a trembling hand the former Navy Captain, snapped off his best salute which John returned briskly.

“Thank you for your service, Colonel.” The old man's voice was barely audible and tears shimmered in his pale blue eyes.

“And thank you, sir,” John replied, barely able to speak around the lump that had formed in his throat.

The elderly man lowered himself slowly back into his chair and his son nodded his own thanks to John as he turned to wheel his father down the sidewalk. Watching them leave, John took a deep breath and stepped back onto the sidewalk where Elizabeth was waiting. The crowd flowed around them and as quickly as it came, the moment was gone as once again laughing voices and exclamations of delight filled their ears.

Elizabeth tucked her hand inside John's arm and they fell into step. “If all these people only knew,” she whispered and John slanted his eyes at her and then looked skyward for a moment.

“Look, Elizabeth,” John changed the subject as they continued walking, “that white cherry tree is different from the others.”

“That's because it's a dogwood. I do declare John, you are hopeless when it comes to tree identification. I'm glad you don't have the same problem with telling the good aliens from the bad aliens.”
                        I love this fic, SR!!!!!

OT rant
                        Spoiler:
                        I just got reinstated to full-time today. It only happened because the owner fired my boss. And I really liked my boss.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            I totally agree on both things.

A lot of people around here that get food stamps do the same kind of things.

I love this fic, SR!!!!!

OT rant
                            Spoiler:
                            I just got reinstated to full-time today. It only happened because the owner fired my boss. And I really liked my boss.
                            Thanks. And glad you're full time but it's a bummer about the boss. Having a boss you like is very important.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks. And glad you're full time but it's a bummer about the boss. Having a boss you like is very important.
                              You're welcome.

I've had bad vibes all week so it doesn't completely surprise me. I really wish things could have worked out differently since he was the first boss I ever had that I actually liked.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Sorry... I actually was thinking of Sparky when I said that.

Although "alien influences on NCIS" just open up all kinds of possibilities.
                                I've been playing around with an NCIS/SGA crossover for years now and just haven't gotten around to writing it - it would be Sparky but with some hints of another crossovery/femslashy ship. It might get written eventually....
                                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X