Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
    As for novels when the show was still going: I have read both Casualties of War and Mirror, Mirror. I liked them both a lot and still re-read them. While there is more with John and Elizabeth together in Mirror, Mirror, there is a line that always brings me back To Casualties:

Spoiler:
    I would like to type the line but not sure I can... basically John has quit and Elizabeth is sad because she has lost something...
    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I know exactly what line you're talking about. That was a great scene.
    I went on Amazon today and read the prologue for Casualties of War. It looks very interesting, and I was blown away by the stellar characterizations. The author absolutely nailed them, even in the opening pages. I think I already know what I want for Christmas this year.
    sigpic
    Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
    View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Hmmm where are all the Sparkies?
      Maybe they are still asleep?
      I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
      traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Perhaps so... you thinking what I'm thinking?
        What's that?
        *Weir raises eyebrow*
        Oh... ah well yes. Yes I think I am...

Last edited by McBecklover; 27 July 2013, 12:55 AM.
        traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Ahem! *clears throat* Hello there...

Oh - ah - nothing! Nothing happened here! What?
            Ah - ah -ah... ah *speechless*

*shakes head at them giggling & wanders off*
            Last edited by McBecklover; 27 July 2013, 12:58 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Dropping in the see who I am.

Okay, I'm Tony's barber. That doesn't sound like a bad job. I'll take it. All that lovely hair.

Meanwhile I hatched a plot bunny while reading the comics this morning, so hopefully I'll have some time later. I think it will be a short one.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Nolamom, your Iron Man-themed sig with Fluffy is so cute! And McBecklover, you are so very deliciously naughty with that picspam! John and Lizzeh are so busted. Heehee!

Happy's great! Love him! Tony Stark's bodyguard and friend (head of security in 3 - oh, poor Happy!)
                Ah, but he got to be tended to by that lovely nurse while he was in the hospital and watch lots of Downton Abbey. Heehee!

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                I went on Amazon today and read the prologue for Casualties of War. It looks very interesting, and I was blown away by the stellar characterizations. The author absolutely nailed them, even in the opening pages. I think I already know what I want for Christmas this year.
                An excellent choice!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Dropping in the see who I am.

Okay, I'm Tony's barber. That doesn't sound like a bad job. I'll take it. All that lovely hair.

Meanwhile I hatched a plot bunny while reading the comics this morning, so hopefully I'll have some time later. I think it will be a short one.
                ROTFLMAO! You're Nick Fury and you're Tony's barber?!? That's priceless!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  ROTFLMAO! You're Nick Fury and you're Tony's barber?!? That's priceless!
                  That's a troublesome combination.

Comment

That's a troublesome combination.
                    Well, you know Trouble is my middle name.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      On a slightly different note, since we have some newer folks and it's been a while since we've discussed it: have you read any of the published SGA novels? If so, which ones and did you find that they felt more canon, like something you could've or would've liked to have seen on screen??? And did any of them seem to feel more Sparky than others? LOL
                      I only read “Death Game”, “Homecoming” and “The Lost”. The characters didn’t feel canon at all, I can assure you!!! I would love to have been able to see lots of things on screen, but probably none of the ones mentioned on these books. I am not even going to answer the question about Sparky!!!!!!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is a possibility of 2 more legacy books. They are waiting for the decision by MGM even as we speak. The first will be called "Unascended" and from what I hear will most likely be
                      Spoiler:
                      about Elizabeth, since I believe they had her descend in the series or at least wrote that she had ascended.
                      This is not good news for her fans.
                      I am quite apprehensive in what concerns the book “Unascended” , I am already having the feeling that it would be better if they would not publish it, ever!!!! Never the less, I am a little bit curious to know what they will do to Elizabeth, but at the same time, I am cringing at the thought of the possibilities. Needless to say there is no point on having any kind of hope for Sparky in it, because I already know that will never happen.

So it looks like they backed off that ship right from the pilot. Maybe somebody was paying attention to onscreen chemistry.
                      And I am guessing that probably that “somebody” was fired somewhere along the way.

If you need to treat a rival for your OTP's affections with such canon-breaking, open hostility then you are not confident enough of your own ship. I've read enough McShep/Sheyla written fic where they bash Elizabeth to the point where it is clearly and absolutely not in canon. You know they do it because they think Sparky was actually the intended ship (plenty of them have admitted to this in various forums). If you were truly confident that your ship is in love, and meant to be, and all that - then why do you feel the need to bash other characters?
                      Couldn’t agree more!

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                      I didn't know that scene was part of the original script. I'm kind of horrified that it was. Whatever the reason the producers took it out, I'm glad they did.
                      I am not sure if I would feel horrified (at least not completely) about it, I mean, you have to look at it from the bright side, if the scene was meant to be that way, and ended up not being, that has to mean something, right?!

We resisted the temptation to bring Elizabeth back early on and are
                      Spoiler:
                      resisting the bigger temptation now to get her and John into a relationship before enough time has passed to make it believable.
                      Oh my gosh, I can’t stop reading this sentence! It makes me squeee so much, just to think about it!!!!!

Just to clear this up. I never said it's going to happen. I said we resisted the urge to jump right in and do it. And if it is something we might think about way in the future, it certainly won't be happening any time soon. The enjoyment of just having her back will have to suffice for quite some time yet.
                      I think I can wait.
                      Spoiler:
                      It will actually be interesting to see their new relationship, being built, and see it in a way that will also remain true to the show, will be ever better. It will definitely be worth the waiting!!!

If John is written in Death Games the same way he is written in Homecoming and her fanfic, then he's definitely not the guy we saw on SGA. In fact the characterization of him in the fanfic is so bad as to be nearly crack. Teyla too.
                      John is written the same way in Death Games as he is in Homecoming and The Lost.

Also, the whole Teyla getting kidnapped thing - I love Lorne and I do not believe he would have lost her like he did. He certainly would have at least tried to protect her when diving out of the way of the dart's beam!
                      Same here, I was never able to accept quite well, how Lorne was able to lose Teyla. And he also seemed quite distracted while they were at that market waiting for that guy to show up, didn’t seem like him at all.

There are still more guests to be announced. I have been on Massive Events' forum to suggest Torri Higginson - I think I said it would make for an interesting weekend to see Sparky v. Sheyla!
                      That, would defintely be quite interesting!!!!!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      http://s77.photobucket.com/user/Nolamom/media/Stargate%20Stuff/atl_314_0387Manip.jpg.html
                      Nice!
                      sigpic
                      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Hey Sparkies!

I kinda checked out for a while didn't I??! Looks like I have many, many pages of catching up to do!

Seems as though my muse has decided that I owe you some sort of apology gift

sigpic
                        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Love the John/Elizabeth sig!
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

sigpic
                            Sig by (x)

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                              Hey Sparkies!

I kinda checked out for a while didn't I??! Looks like I have many, many pages of catching up to do!

Seems as though my muse has decided that I owe you some sort of apology gift

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/Artwork/Sp.jpeg~original[/IMG]
                              Welcome back!! Missed you and your art around here.

Comment

Nice story LCJS!
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X