• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!
    Happy New Year!
    Feliz Navidad!
    Bonne Année!
    Glükliches Neues Jahr!

And so on and so on... ... and those are the only languages I know to wish a happy new year in.
    That's Merry Christmas - what you want is Prospero Ano Nuevo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      That's Merry Christmas - what you want is Prospero Ano Nuevo
      There you go... my Spanish is severely rusty... thanks.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Happy New Year, everyone! Feliz Ano Novo!

I love the new sigs i am seeing today.

Originally posted by Aang View Post
        Yes, yes we should. *runs over to Carson's thread*
        Love your sig.

Originally posted by america126 View Post
        hi all i'm Amanda!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

i have been a fan of Stargate Atlantis for a number of years and was sad when it ended, like we all were...
        i have read the first two legacy books Homecoming and the Lost, they are not that bad actually. it's revealed in the Lost that Elizabeth ascended through not a dream for rodney. though John and ugh Teyla are together at the moment, i still think the reunion will be nice.
        Hello, Amanda and welcome!
        Like you, I have also red the two legacy books,
        Spoiler:
        but I just stopped, I was a little bit hopeful since they mentioned Elizabeth on Rodney’s dream that there might have been a chance of her returning, but I don’t think she will.

Oh, JT2, thank you for the images/gifs and oh my, I so love your new sig!!! Love the sentence in it!!!
        sigpic
        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
          http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/Artwork/NYsparks_zpsa5d2b46a.jpg
          Oh my, that art work looks amazing, it’s very beautiful and I love the coloring.

Originally posted by Aang View Post
          ...The end of season 3 killed me.

Within the space of 3 episodes...my two top favorite Atlantis characters...*sob sniffle cry*
          I’d say that my favorite characters are the four main earthlings (Elizabeth, John, Carson and Rodney) and with two of them gone it just wasn’t fun anymore.

hi all i'm Amanda!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

i have been a fan of Stargate Atlantis for a number of years and was sad when it ended, like we all were...
          i have read the first two legacy books Homecoming and the Lost, they are not that bad actually. it's revealed in the Lost that Elizabeth ascended through not a dream for rodney. though John and ugh Teyla are together at the moment, i still think the reunion will be nice.
          Welcome Amanda.

Awesome gifs JT-2, it’s all Sparky at its best.
          sigpic

Comment

All that talk about favorite characters disappearing or dying makes me sad... ...cause they killed mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
              I’d say that my favorite characters are the four main earthlings (Elizabeth, John, Carson and Rodney) and with two of them gone it just wasn’t fun anymore.
              They are definitely my favourite characters too, and will always be! My 3 musketeers and D’Artagnan (Carson is D’Artagnan to me, )
              sigpic
              sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                All that talk about favorite characters disappearing or dying makes me sad... ...cause they killed mine.
                I know, it sucks, and especially when it happens in a “ugh” and hit your head against the keyboard kind of way that that it did on SGA, it just made it worse.
                sigpic

Comment

I know, it sucks, and especially when it happens in a “ugh” and hit your head against the keyboard kind of way that that it did on SGA, it just made it worse.
                  Was there ever any other way in SGA? I mean, they had that bit down to a T.

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                    They are definitely my favourite characters too, and will always be! My 3 musketeers and D’Artagnan (Carson is D’Artagnan to me, )
                    Haha, nice comparison, I love it and I agree with it, that’s how I view them too, “One for all and all for one”…(until TPTB though something else anyway)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      Anyway, here's another Sparky item from Tumblr:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/ad6eab952...lcjwo1_500.jpg
                      I would also have loved to know what he was going to say to her then.

The Return – part 1

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      From 18 days to 30 minutes. Niiiice.
                      This was really cool! And so convenient.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Caldwell breaks up Rodney's party. And now we get John risking his life with Rodney hardly paying attention.
                      Good thing Caldwell was there.

Love that little wifey voice she used. And I detected a gently Elizabeth hint in John's voice too.
                      So cute and adorable!

Caldwell knows he'd better not almost get Shep killed again.
                      I feel pity for Caldwell in these situations, because he knows Lizzie will kill him, if he doesn’t look after John.

Rodney's picked up the Tria. Too bad they didn't just leave it there.
                      I agree, but on the other hand if they hadn’t done what they did, we would have never had the lovely scene at the restaurant or John visiting Elizabeth’s room.

Awww, John wants to call Elizabeth himself. And that look tells me there was no pizza.
                      Shame on me, I don’t remember this part!

Rodney, Rodney, Rodney... is there ever a time when he's not thinking about food?
                      I think there isn’t, LOL!

Was that crew woman looking adoringly up at John? LOL
                      Was she?! I have to look at it better next time I watch this episode.

That's a pretty top Teyla is wearing. Too bad they didn't have enough material to finish it.
                      LOL

Oh, now Helia is taking control of the city and John doesn't look happy, not happy at all.
                      He already has the feeling that something bad will be happening soon.

John looks so comfortable in Elizabeth's office that you just know that it's one of the places he spend most of his time.
                      That’s where he always feels relaxed.

And look at how he gives her his concerned look. He's all about how she feels.
                      He is already feeling her worries.

Damn IOA. Damn Ancients. How dare you leave Lizzeh out in the cold! She's earned this!
                      She really doesn’t deserve the way you are all treating her!!!

I must say that I like seeing Torri and Rick working togther but it's also pretty odd in a away. I mean just to bring it up like that if he didn't want to get her hopes up. I guess he could have told her in a different way.
                      He wasn’t very sensitive towards her here.

So sad. But it did give us this cute scene with John and his friends. Love the Ronon hug. And look, John has no idea what's going on with the Athosians.
                      Me too! And I think John here is only concerned about what will happen to Elizabeth now.

Sad Carson is very sad. Don't be a jerk, Rodney.
                      Rodney is not able to understand Carson’s feelings. Carson is always so adorable!

Aww, now it's the John and Liz in her room scene. I just love it and the way he just stays with her when he just could have quickly sked her if she had finished packing and then left, but instead he stayed and even teased her about it to try and cheer her up.
                      I love it!!

I must say how beautiful Liz looks in the moment when she's standing infront of the gate like that, it's sad but she looks great.
                      I agree!

It's time to say farewell.

And there's the headbutt that Joe Flanigan mocked.
                      He did?! LOL

Joe looks so good in green. I mean he looks really really good in green.
                      Yes, he does!!!!!
                      Spoiler:
                      Enemy at the gate

And gee, notice how he doesn't mention how he said to Landry that he misses Rodney being on his team. Hah!
                      Can you imagine Rodney’s reaction to that?
                      sigpic

Comment

Carson knows she is trying to cover up for her lack of energy. She should call John. That would make her feel better.
                        Definitely!

Lizzeh... Carson sees right through you.
                        Yes, he knows her too well.

Aww, dinner scene, and them teasing Carson about Cadman, sad that we never got to see her again. And of course John teasing and flirting with Liz who looks great in this scene.
                        I love this scene!!!!

Love how EVERYONE's cell phones go off at once.
                        All except Carson’s. LOL, so funny!

I wish Carson and Cadman had stayed together. They were so cute. So cute and flirty. I wish there had been more. Carson just tickles me to death.
                        Well, we'll just have to fix that.
                        You better!!!! I have faith in you!

The turtles. OMG. I love this scene so. No, John, you can't eat Carson's wee turtles. I think Torri was getting tickled.
                        Me too!!!

Ladon! Darnit, I wish we'd had more fun with the Genii on the show instead of all these vague hints.

Well, we fixed that in SGA-R.
                        Yeah!!!!!

Awww, look at how Lizzeh smiles at John when he calls Atlantis "our home."
                        So cute!
                        sigpic

Comment

Haha, nice comparison, I love it and I agree with it, that’s how I view them too, “One for all and all for one”…(until TPTB though something else anyway)
                          Thank you. Yeah, TPTB kind of ruined everything.
                          sigpic

Comment

that's what everyone thinks, and i have nothing against it. but some people might be wrong...a year ago i asked the author jo graham if Elizabeth was going to return, she replied back and said something like we are trying to bring Elizabeth back in a way that feels right, or something like that, i don't really remember. and i am not lying about this.

there was something in which people can ask about scenes involving characters in the final book, someone asked for a scene involving Elizabeth and Jo graham said that she couldn't post the scene because it's really spoilery!!!

as for a reunion, i'm guessing that John and Elizabeth will reunite

Comment

that's what everyone thinks, and i have nothing against it. but some people might be wrong...a year ago i asked the author jo graham if Elizabeth was going to return, she replied back and said something like we are trying to bring Elizabeth back in a way that feels right, or something like that, i don't really remember. and i am not lying about this.
                              I'm sure you are eager to find out what she meant by it. However, as far as I (and others here are concerned) the author's reputation for her likes and dislikes precede her, and Elizabeth falls into the second category. Now, I have read only one fic by the author and I have to sadly admit that her characters were so far out of character that I couldn't even recognize my favorite character (and she doesn't have much backstory to begin with so that's quite a feat all on its own).

there was something in which people can ask about scenes involving characters in the final book, someone asked for a scene involving Elizabeth and Jo graham said that she couldn't post the scene because it's really spoilery!!!
                              Beforce the series was released and news came out of its existence, I ventured over to her LJ to ask her some questions about Kanaan and the Athosians, due to something I saw floating about that was so out of left field I needed some clarification for it. Can't say the explanation that followed clarified the issue though...

That's never going to happen in this series. If you want to see them reunited I suggest sticking to fanfic, and probably best to stick to people who appreciate all the characters to their values. And of course, also quite important, those that tend to write towards a Sparky goal.

If I can make a suggestion (and I'm not going to self-rec, I don't have that many Sparky-fics to begin with), try Atlantis Rising... you might like it. It's a virtual continuation from the end of season 5 of Atlantis. It's not bad and stays pretty damn close to the show's values.

Comment

I know you are not lying because I read her blog at first also. When I realized she had no intention of bringing Elizabeth back in a meaningful way or having her interact with John, I stopped. I think she said certain things to attract readers, but everything I have heard about the plans for the Legacy series tells me that John and Elizabeth will not meet. John is matched with Teyla and that won't change. That's fine, but as others have said, the books are not canon and are just another form of fanfic, even if they are approved by the studio. I'm not interested in any sort of fiction that doesn't have John and Elizabeth at least as friends.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X