Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
    I watched Stargate from the very beginning - even went to see the original movie at the cinema in 1992 when i was 13. So I saw Sam from the beginning and loved her character. I was pleased when i heard she was joining SGA but was very disappointed when I found out that she was replacing Elizabeth. As it was, they did great injustice to Sam as a character. I felt she was mostly OOC and didn't even appear in a few episodes of Season 4 - but still got far more respect from the writers than Weir ever got. And, yes, for a while it did make me resent her. It has taken me rewatching her in SG-1 to be reminded how cool she really was. Amanda Tapping wasn't to blame. Mullie and Malozzi were.
    Did someone ever had the chance to talk to Mullie and Malozzi about these changes in Sam's character in SGA?

And congrats on the promotion, Annelantis

Comment

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
      Okay, I am off to bed now. But before I go, a quick question. I have been looking for the Fanfic thread but not found it yet. It may be down to my rubbish forum searching skills or laziness. Can anyone tell me where it is located? I just want to see if there are any Sparky stories i haven't read yet.

Sparky - don't worry, you'll get there. No pressure!!

Night-night all
      Annelantis
      x
      Here's the link:
      Fan Fiction Thread
      Go to the Gateworld forum and scroll all the way down to The Commissary box. It should be the second thread in that section.
      sigpic
      Sig by (x)

Comment

Thanks, It's A Paradox, found it.

I was a little disappointed as I was hoping there would be more sparky fics listed. However, I did find the Rising thread and that was very cool.

Today, I am feeling Sparky depressed. So here is the video I watch when I get sad about how it all went down:

Thank goodness for Rising!
        sigpic

Comment

Love your sig there Paradox
          I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
          traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

I agree that Sam was written out of character in SGA in season 4 the only ep I remember were Sam was the character I was used to seeing on SG-1 was Be All My Sins Remembered and I remember writing in the episode discussion thread on here "Congratulations Martin Gero you found Sam"

I have a challenge for you if you are interested this is my Voicemail greeting

Hi this is Erika leader of the Jedi, Vulcan, Minbari, Asgard High Council of the Brown Coat Commonwealth in the Uncharted Territories I am on the TARDIS negotiating with Cylons leave your Name & Number and I will get back to you Bye

here is the challenge besides Star Trek & Star Wars name the other 7 shows & or Franchises I named there are 9 total very curious to see if someone gets all the references

Here is the Wallpaper I made for my cell phone

it's a Fairy in Space combining my love of Scifi & Fantasy it makes sense in my head lol
            Last edited by poundpuppy29; 27 June 2013, 08:15 AM.
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
              http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/normal_atl_320_0441.jpg

I agree that Sam was written out of character in SGA in season 4

Hi this is Erika leader of the Jedi, Vulcan, Minbari, Asgard High Council of the Brown Coat Commonwealth in the Uncharted Territories I am on the TARDIS negotiating with Cylons leave your Name & Number and I will get back to you Bye

here is the challenge besides Star Trek & Star Wars name the other 7 shows & or Franchises I named there are 9 total very curious to see if someone gets all the references

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...FinSpaceSS.jpg
              it's a Fairy in Space combining my love of Scifi & Fantasy it makes sense in my head lol
              Well, I see Firefly, Doctor Who and BSG. Can't tell what the others are.

Comment

that's 3 good job
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by McBecklover View Post
                  Love your sig there Paradox
                  Thank you!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by (x)

Comment

I agree that Sam was written out of character in SGA in season 4 the only ep I remember were Sam was the character I was used to seeing on SG-1 was Be All My Sins Remembered and I remember writing in the episode discussion thread on here "Congratulations Martin Gero you found Sam"

Right, I can't name all nine but i have most: Star Wars, Star Trek (givens), Babylon 5, Stargate SG-1, Firefly, ----, ---- Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica.

BAH - can't get the other two!
                    sigpic

Comment

I see Babylon 5, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who and BSG. I vaguely remember something about "Uncharted Territories" but can't recall the show.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hi poundpuppy,

I was just looking at your signature banner and seeing how many great sci-fi-fantasy shows there are on there. You seem to like a lot of the genre. Quantum Leap was one of my favourites as a teenager. I am watching the first series GoT at the moment and quite enjoying it.

I also see Journeyman tucked away in there. Here in the UK it has been released on DVD. We just watched the entire series again. It is still so very good. It was such a shame they cancelled it.

So, tell me, are they all shows you love or is it more of a general banner. Favourite one?
                        sigpic

Comment

That's a good one

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            Hey guys--I posted this update in the Fan Fiction section, but since I know some of you have read it in here, the epilogue for Primum Movens is up today. http://www.sga-rising.com
                            The epilogue was amazing and such a fitting end to two great episodes when we got to see Elizabeth again.

Interesting idea, I guess that I should take my pick so I’ll say in this order: Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Star Trek, Firefly, Farscape, Andromeda (this one I’m not sure about at all), Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica, well. Those are the things that I associate with each word but I could be wrong, it was fun to guess though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi Annelantis!
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Hello, Sparky!

How are you?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X