• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first post-athon!!! I am excited
    sigpic
    || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
      I don't consider any tie-in novels canon, even if some are enjoyable. Not just for Stargate, but for any show or movie. So it's wierd seeing a tie-in novel held up as canon by the wiki, because I have never seen anything of the sort in wikis in my previous fandoms. I was very surprised. Tie-in novels tend to have many mistakes and questionable characterization.
      If TPTB/TPTW say it's canon, that's fine. But show me one example in any fandom where everything in the book is so accurate and true to onscreen canon that it looks like the producers themselves wrote it.

Ahem. FIVE MINUTES!!! *runs around, hitting bell*

Comment

S-minus 5 minutes to Duet!

I don't consider any tie-in novels canon, even if some are enjoyable. Not just for Stargate, but for any show or movie. So it's wierd seeing a tie-in novel held up as canon by the wiki, because I have never seen anything of the sort in wikis in my previous fandoms. I was very surprised. Tie-in novels tend to have many mistakes and questionable characterization.
        There's actually a competing Wiki that was started up by fans who wanted to stick to canon facts. Still needs some work, but definitely better than the 'anything goes' wiki.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ClassicCouples View Post
          Hey, good to see ya! Got your DVD player warmed up and ready to go???

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
            I wish I had been, and still wow, again one can wonder if we were watching the same show. School Girl crush *lol* well, we can point out that John reminds me of that teenage guy who kept messing up just so that he would get sent alone to the sexy principal’s office…ok, weird similarity there but you get my point, it’s obvious from their interacting that the flirting was defiantly mutual.
            True. Like when he comes in and sits on her desk. How could anyone say she is harassing him?

Last time I checked, they also listed "Wraith"as Rodney's race (along with "Tauri"). This is how I found about about this "Legacy" series. So it seems they also use these books as some kind of indisputable canon.
            Those books are definitely NOT canon. A rep from Fandemonium said so at the ChiCon in 2010 when I was there. Anybody can go in and change Wiki. Obviously, it's one of the fans of the series. The last time I looked Wiki had a definite Sparky slant. Must have pissed somebody off. That's the kind of crap we've had to put up with for lo these many years.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              If TPTB/TPTW say it's canon, that's fine. But show me one example in any fandom where everything in the book is so accurate and true to onscreen canon that it looks like the producers themselves wrote it.
              Babylon 5. But then, that's because the novel writers were getting story outlines from the series creator.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                Hey, good to see ya! Got your DVD player warmed up and ready to go???
                Yes! I am ready to hit play
                sigpic
                || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Originally posted by ClassicCouples View Post
                  I remeber my first post-a-thon I was so excited! Hope ya have fun!

Comment

S-minus 2 minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Babylon 5. But then, that's because the novel writers were getting story outlines from the series creator.
                      Well, see, there ya go! They're working hand in hand. Which is fine. And the way it should be.

Comment

2 minutes left and I'm ready to push 'play'.
                        sigpic

Comment

S-minus 1 minute!

Comment

I'm glad to see that there are so many people here, it's always fun the more we are.
                            sigpic

Comment

Who's ready to get their snark on???

Comment

Everybody hit PLAY!

Comment

Working...
                                X