Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    mandogater - do you mean literally burned to the ground??
    Unfortunately, yes.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

*sporks LJ* Hey, that seems to have fixed it.

Smutty fic rec time - Our very own Anuna wrote Inspiration. It's one of my favorite smutty stories cause it's humorous as well as smutty.
      Yep, LJ finally came back up for me a couple of hours ago. Whew!

Whee, I remember betaing that fic for Anuna. Excellent choice, it's such a fun story!

Today sucked. Rhode Island roads suck. Rhode Island drivers suck.

Oh, but funny story. I was in my car waiting at the pharmacy and 90s classic "I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred came on. I kept thinking of putting clips of John in a video for it. The catwalk lyrics would obviously go to scenes from The Storm and Conversion where he's on that catwalk. I was cracking up. If anyone could see me in the car they must have thought I was a lunatic.
      I dare you, NO! I DOUBLE DARE YOU to actually make a Sheppard video to that song. Because that song totally screams Shep-fest.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      Unfortunately, yes.
      Ouch. *hugs*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Yep, LJ finally came back up for me a couple of hours ago. Whew!

Whee, I remember betaing that fic for Anuna. Excellent choice, it's such a fun story!

I dare you, NO! I DOUBLE DARE YOU to actually make a Sheppard video to that song. Because that song totally screams Shep-fest.

Ouch. *hugs*
        And me away from my computer. I could totally do that vid. *waves* Hi peeps, from cold blustery Savannah.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          And me away from my computer. I could totally do that vid. *waves* Hi peeps, from cold blustery Savannah.
          Hi SR! We miss you!!

Comment

I don't have the slightest clue how to make a video.

Comment

I don't have the slightest clue how to make a video.
              Windows Moviemaker is a good place to start from... and once you've learned all there is to know about it (including the many crashes it will go through) you move onto bigger and better.

I have a storyboard ready - at least the first few 20 seconds or so - for a vid which has to be finished next week... and I'll be using Sony Vegas to edit my clips. Music's chosen, character's chosen ... all I need to do is upload my clips (need only 5 episodes ) and get started.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Windows Moviemaker is a good place to start from... and once you've learned all there is to know about it (including the many crashes it will go through) you move onto bigger and better.

I have a storyboard ready - at least the first few 20 seconds or so - for a vid which has to be finished next week... and I'll be using Sony Vegas to edit my clips. Music's chosen, character's chosen ... all I need to do is upload my clips (need only 5 episodes ) and get started.
                I'm still trying to work on artwork stuff for both Sparky Advent and for the whump thread's Secret Santa. I won't be starting any new projects soon. But now I know how to start.

Comment

I'm still trying to work on artwork stuff for both Sparky Advent and for the whump thread's Secret Santa. I won't be starting any new projects soon. But now I know how to start.
                  Same here... though it seems that frustrations urge the muse to write and escape from the real world as much as possible.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ouch. *hugs*
                    *hugs back* As I understand it no one was in the place when the fire started so that's good. On the down side I have no idea when or if they will rebuild the place so I'm back to job hunting before I even got the interview.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Even the lighting is off... I really wonder who approved them. Seriously, that is some bad merchandising. I was even headdesking in Marseille when I saw that one of the images of Joe Flanigan was a season 5 cast-shot.
                      In Marseille I choose for the season 5 picture... of "Vegas"! Love that ep so much! As does Joe.
                      And to stay on topic: That nurse totally was Elizabeth!

In other news: Claim your spot! Only 14 places left: http://krisrussel.livejournal.com/10629.html
                      Please give me some epic stuff! Thanks guys!

Sig by me

Comment

You know, I've mentioned before there's only a small number of other "ships" that I'm really interested in other than Sparky. As time goes on, I probably shouldn't be surprised that the list grows slightly. But as I time goes on and I peruse the internet searching through the new fandoms, I really can't help but be reminded that I am soooo not a "shipper." Even when looking through places where I might find similar fans I don't really fit into any serious shipper community. It really makes me appreciate threads like this, where everything isn't so serious all the time. not that there couldn't be any such places elsewhere in other fandom places, but I don't run into places like this thread often.
                        Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 30 November 2011, 01:26 AM.
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                          In Marseille I choose for the season 5 picture... of "Vegas"! Love that ep so much! As does Joe.

In other news: Claim your spot! Only 14 places left: http://krisrussel.livejournal.com/10629.html
                          Please give me some epic stuff! Thanks guys!
                          Vegas rules! And yes, Elizabeth was so the nurse.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                          You know, I've mentioned before there's only a small number of other "ships" that I'm really interested in other than Sparky. As time goes on, I probably shouldn't be surprised that the list grows slightly. But as I time goes on and I peruse the internet searching through the new fandoms, I really can't help but be reminded that I am soooo not a "shipper." Even when looking through places where I might find similar fans I don't really fit into any serious shipper community. It really makes me appreciate threads like this, where everything isn't so serious all the time. not that there couldn't be any such places elsewhere in other fandom places, but I don't run into places like this thread often.
                          Thank you for the complement! Honestly, I haven't really had the urge to seek out communities in other fandoms that I've started to get interested in since Atlantis went off the air. I think a big part of it is because of the great mix of fun and serious discussion that we have here. I keep thinking that anything else I find just won't be able to hold a candle to this thread and everyone in it. So thank you to everyone, for being here and making the Sparky thread what it is today!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ugh, my Sparky Advent stuff SUCKS! Oh well. It's done and over. Time to move on.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                            The field medic? Oh, hell yes!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                            This is the only show fandom that I've actively participated in, so I don't know about other shows except for what I hear. But I've heard some scary stuff.

This thread is a great group of people with a nice combination of both serious and silly.

Comment

Hopefully I manage to actually post it this time, instead of falling asleep during preview post (like the previous two times I've been on GW. Night off tonight though, sooo....

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

gateraid, you're a madman! In a good way, of course.
                              Eh, everyone else talks about the depth of their relationship, whilst I come up with "pull my finger", the oldest fart joke known to man

Ugh, my Sparky Advent stuff SUCKS! Oh well. It's done and over. Time to move on.

The field medic? Oh, hell yes!
                              I seem to be the only person who does NOT think it was her. There's nothing conclusive to say either way of course, but I don't think it was their (TPTW) intention *shrugs*

This is the only show fandom that I've actively participated in, so I don't know about other shows except for what I hear. But I've heard some scary stuff.
                              Fan is derived from fanatic, so.....

This thread is a great group of people with a nice combination of both serious and silly.
                              sigpic

Comment

Aww, don't sell yourself short. I'm sure it'll be great!

And we like it that way!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                Hopefully I manage to actually post it this time, instead of falling asleep during preview post (like the previous two times I've been on GW. Night off tonight though, sooo....
                                Well, it posted, so you must not have fallen asleep!

Eh, everyone else talks about the depth of their relationship, whilst I come up with "pull my finger", the oldest fart joke known to man
                                *snorts*

I seem to be the only person who does NOT think it was her. There's nothing conclusive to say either way of course, but I don't think it was their (TPTW) intention *shrugs*
                                Feh. I think part of the reason why we like saying it was her is to yank everyone else's chain.

Comment

Working...
                                X