Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    So, my first full viewing of SGU's "Epilogue" is finished and it's as I reported earlier, there's nothing that would affect Atlantis Rising.
    Spoiler:
    One thing I would like to mention is how much I enjoyed seeing the moments of worldbuilding by the AU Destiny crew on Novus. That's the kind of thing I would like to see develop as we progress with Atlantis Rising, especially once we get into Season 7 when Atlantis is once again cut off from Earth. Something to think about.
    I think once the wraith are destroyed, we could help these civilizations rebuild, help them to achieve their full potential that they were meant to become. maybe actually set a permanent alpha site or colony or actually do what they did in Universe but that would be copyrighting and you guys are known for original stories.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
      Ouchies! Thats gotta hurt!
      The pain I have gotten used to, its the frequence of it happening that is getting on my few remaining nerves. Every single time since graduating college that I have gotten remotely content of life, WHAM!!!! And than I get another dozen or so for good measure while trying to get up. Its annoying I tell you.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        This is going to be the best con ever. And now we know that too much excitement causes back problems. LOL

We haven't seen this in awhile.

Spoiler:
        I just had a thought. What do you think Joe and Torri would think of that motivational poster if one of our merry band printed up a really good copy of it for them to sign?
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Well when do we get to read that fic? Don't tease us like that.
          Let's just say that it needs a lot of 'polishing' before I post it anywhere. Even then, it's more of a crack fic. Kinda. I was amazed that I wrote something with an A and a B plot. Even if it was ridiculous

On the con. Actually, I think this could very well be the first of many. The Joe/David world tour started out just like this with one appearance that went viral. The Joe/Torri con could be such a big hit all the cons want to jump on the bandwagon.
          I hope so. I had been thinking that actor appearances would get fewer and further between given that the show has ended, but this sounds a lot more optimistic

Too bad Mr. SR won't be there to hold purses and places in line. They'll have to find another con husband. LOL

OT about our island adventure.

Spoiler:
          SR Jr. and the lovely Miss M want to join us on Sparky island. Miss M says she's always wanted to milk a goat and loves goat cheese. However, SR Jr. refuses to fish and wants an internet connection, cable and a Wii. I don't know what's wrong with that boy. I say we tell him all who don't work, don't eat.
          Hmmm. Re your OT

Spoiler:
          As someone used to milking, I can give Miss M some tips (not in the sleazy way that that sounded). Cows, goats, sheep, they're all fairly similar. Although she could probably figure it out by herself Tut, tut for SR Jr *shakes head*

I am wondering how many Sparky questions will come up at that Con?
          Maybe one. Two at most

Tons. Because anyone who likes the two of them enough to go to a con with them is likely to like them together....so..... Oh, wait...John and Elizabeth that is. We know that Joe and Torri are just actors who played a character. *nods*
          Oh noes, now I'll have to shelve that sig I had planned with them fake!kissing at that con

I've been praticing already what I am gonna ask Joe....something I have been curious about....how did he handle being filmed bound and gagged during Common Ground? Certainly that would have been awkward for him would it have not?
          That's a good question, one he'd probably answer truthfully too

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          I just had a thought. What do you think Joe and Torri would think of that motivational poster if one of our merry band printed up a really good copy of it for them to sign?
          If someone were really courageous, they'd get them to sign the Eyesex: not just for eyes one, where Shep is licking his lips and staring right at.......
          sigpic

Comment

I think it would require some explanation, but since they both worked with Martin Firrell they would be touched that he said that. This is a great chance to get lots of Sparky pics signed by both of them. And we'll put all of them up on the thread. I think it's okay to make sigs and icons as long as we clearly identify it as the actors. For example, we'd never take a pic of Joe and Torri from a con and call it John and Elizabeth or imply that they were BFF's when we know they're not.

Lots of con pics of the guys are all over the place and there's really no problem with those. So the Joe/Torri ones should be okay.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Oooh, that might prompt a very fun conversation!

I think it would require some explanation, but since they both worked with Martin Firrell they would be touched that he said that. This is a great chance to get lots of Sparky pics signed by both of them. And we'll put all of them up on the thread. I think it's okay to make sigs and icons as long as we clearly identify it as the actors. For example, we'd never take a pic of Joe and Torri from a con and call it John and Elizabeth or imply that they were BFF's when we know they're not.

Lots of con pics of the guys are all over the place and there's really no problem with those. So the Joe/Torri ones should be okay.
              Agreed. One of the reasons why I'm hoping to get both Torri and Joe at the LAX con; I want to reunite them with The Sparky Mint Jar at a dual photo op. Just imagine how many hits that picture would get when it's posted!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh, and don't forget the games! Sparky has reached 50 votes on the Best Ship game, now it's time to ramp it up for Best Hug!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Oooh, that might prompt a very fun conversation!

Agreed. One of the reasons why I'm hoping to get both Torri and Joe at the LAX con; I want to reunite them with The Sparky Mint Jar at a dual photo op. Just imagine how many hits that picture would get when it's posted!
                  Oh, that would be epic. Too bad you can't take the jar on the road to France.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Oh, that would be epic. Too bad you can't take the jar on the road to France.
                    Yeah, even if I was going to France (which I won't be able to for various reasons), there's no way I'd risk The Jar on a plane trip. It'd have to have a carry-on bag of it's own!

Comment

Got a question on SGA that I need answered for Atlantis Rising: Have we ever heard any Pegasus Galaxy natives call members of the expedition "Lanteans" on the show? I know the term has been used in reference to the Ancients when they inhabited Atlantis; SyFy just reran "The Defiant One" last night, and the marooned Wraith used the term in exactly that way. But have the Earth-born people of the Atlantis expedition ever been called "Lanteans?" Even better if you can tell me specific episodes/scenes that I can refer to. Thanks!

Comment

Got a question on SGA that I need answered for Atlantis Rising: Have we ever heard any Pegasus Galaxy natives call members of the expedition "Lanteans" on the show? I know the term has been used in reference to the Ancients when they inhabited Atlantis; SyFy just reran "The Defiant One" last night, and the marooned Wraith used the term in exactly that way. But have the Earth-born people of the Atlantis expedition ever been called "Lanteans?" Even better if you can tell me specific episodes/scenes that I can refer to. Thanks!
                        Actually, yes. From my many manymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymany manymanymanymany rewatches of the Storm/Eye, during The Storm, right after Kolya shoots the guards, Sora turns to him rather petulantly and says "we need the Lanteans (or it may be Atlanteans) to be cooperative".
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          That's a good question, one he'd probably answer truthfully too
                          I KNOW RIGHT! I mean he's giving up his ability to speak and move just to perform, it could be a scary thing.

PS SPARKYS I got a plot bunny.......John made Elizabeth that mint jar after hundreds of frustrating times.
                          BALCONIES
                          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                          sigpic

Comment

I am one of those people who sadly won't be able to go to the con. However I'd be endlessly thankful (and offer fic writing in return) to someone who'd be so kind to get me a sparky pic signed. Please? With chocolate sparky on top? It would really mean so much to me!
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              I am one of those people who sadly won't be able to go to the con. However I'd be endlessly thankful (and offer fic writing in return) to someone who'd be so kind to get me a sparky pic signed. Please? With chocolate sparky on top? It would really mean so much to me!
                              You and me both =(
                              BALCONIES
                              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                                Actually, yes. From my many manymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymany manymanymanymany rewatches of the Storm/Eye, during The Storm, right after Kolya shoots the guards, Sora turns to him rather petulantly and says "we need the Lanteans (or it may be Atlanteans) to be cooperative".
                                Excellent, thank you! I checked the transcript, and it's "Atlanteans." In fact, I went back to the transcript for "The Defiant One" as well, and it also says "Atlanteans." Hmm, okay, maybe the Wraith's teeth slurred the word a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X