Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Yes, it is fun trying to figure out who wrote what.

This year's exchange had a very good turnout of authors who wrote such a great assortment of genres, from fluff to angst. I hope we can keep up that enthusiasm with the next holiday exchange!
    Oh I'm sure that won't be a problem. After all, Sparky isn't going anywhere.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

YAY 106K!

In Darwin's survival of the fittest it seems that natural selection has chosen Sparky
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        That would work for me--I'd love to do the Meme but didn't have time when it first started. I might be able to do it now--do y'all want to do a second round, with Kris and whomever else?
        ME!!! I started but dropped out, due to RL being hectic. How about we do it at our own pace? I have a feeling each post about the show could start an interesting discussion, and that's precisely we need.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

SPARKY IS ETERNAL!

Spoiler:

Awe-inspiring, aren't they?

sigpic
          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Oh I'm sure that won't be a problem. After all, Sparky isn't going anywhere.
            You've got that right! We're here for the long haul.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
            YAY 106K!

In Darwin's survival of the fittest it seems that natural selection has chosen Sparky
            Hahahah! I think you've just found us a new tagline! Someone needs to do one of those motivational posters with that phrase!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            ME!!! I started but dropped out, due to RL being hectic. How about we do it at our own pace? I have a feeling each post about the show could start an interesting discussion, and that's precisely we need.
            We could do that, too.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
            SPARKY IS ETERNAL!

Spoiler:
            Totally awe-inspiring! And hey, look at that light on their faces! Someone must be setting off some fireworks in their honor!

Off to do some grocery shopping, I'll be back in a little while. Try not to burn down the forum while I'm gone, LOL!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

OMG 106 000 POSTS!!!!! WE RAWK!!!! keep it going guys, coz we're totally the best!

And allow me to repost this:

Spoiler:

That is, for me, the single most beautiful look in entire show, the most beautiful moment of all. The tender look he's giving her, it's just beyond words. Stops me in my tracks every single time.

Also, if you read my new fic? I was referring to that particular look.

Comment

I think celebrating with our favorite videos is only appropriate!

Comment

Hahahah! I think you've just found us a new tagline! Someone needs to do one of those motivational posters with that phrase!
                  Im on it give me a minute!
                  BALCONIES
                  sigpic

Comment

Here we go some Sparky humor:

BALCONIES
                    sigpic

Comment

I'll be around to comment. I can't keep up with what day I'm supposed to be doing so would love to see some of them done again.

OMG 106 000 POSTS!!!!! WE RAWK!!!! keep it going guys, coz we're totally the best!

Spoiler:
                      http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...-3x06-2403.jpg

That is, for me, the single most beautiful look in entire show, the most beautiful moment of all. The tender look he's giving her, it's just beyond words. Stops me in my tracks every single time.

That's one of my favorite looks too. I use it in vids a lot. They are once again in perfect synch, the way the breathe out and in at the same time and just look so very pretty. And yes, I loved your fic.

That was perfect. Loved it.

Good idea to share vids Anuna. I checked and believe it or not found some of my old ones still on YouTube. I hope it shows up for everyone.

Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

I just ADORE that vid, SR! It's fantasitc - but all of your vids are. let me see if I can dig out my old stuff from YouTube.

BINGO! Here's my most recent work - done for a friend who loves Leonard Cohen. "Bird on a wire", in his version was pretty difficult to vid, because of the song's slow pace. I think I managed to sync clips and lyrics. I'm especially proud of "I have saved all my ribbons for thee" part. Guess which scene I used for that one?

I love vidding John and his POV. I think "Hurt" is my best video by far - and what's even better, the song is performed (although not written) by Johnny Cash.

Comment

*peeks in* Congrats on another milestone *tosses mints*

*heads off to watch vids and read more Sparky fics*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            I'm happy to say: CONGRATULATIONS FOR 106,000 posts.
                            Irish Eyes, you're the winner.lol

Edit: About the trailer. I'm the only one who wants to see Joe doing something else?lol I'm sure he's good in it. this movie seems good but I want to see him in something else. Not a military for once. But hey, i'm not saying I'm not happy for this movie.
                            Wheeeeee!!!! I'm so observant I didn't notice. LOL

Love it!

As far as the meme goes, it sounds like some would like to jump in and go at their own pace, others might prefer a group effort. I think it's all fine no matter how you choose to go. If you want to try the group, speak up over the next few days and we'll get a head count. If you want to do your own thing, just have at it!
                            sigpic
                            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

This year's exchange had a very good turnout of authors who wrote such a great assortment of genres, from fluff to angst. I hope we can keep up that enthusiasm with the next holiday exchange!
                              Hope so too! This years entries were awesome!!
                              I know I'll be there again next year!

Spoiler:

It's one of my favorite looks too! And one of my favorite Sparky moments. The moment is so tender and in those few minutes you can really see how much they care about each other. It's in their looks, it's in the way they talk to each other and it's in the way how they're not saying things but it's all in the way they act.
                              I love it and it's one of the best endings of an ep.

Sig by me

Comment

Great vids Anuna. I love the old ones. I think we get so caught up in what's going on every day we forget the great stuff from the past. Another of mine that I love. Though I think I do tend to use the same old clips. Why change a good thing. LOL I have wanted to challenge myself to use Sparky clips that aren't the usual ones but I'm too lazy to recapture clips. Besides there are literally dozens of good ones to use that I already have.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X