Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    *grabs pkprd and dances around* Hey stranger. I was just thinking about you.

And by all means if the writing will be a burden let us know but it will be a while before we get to your eps. Why don't you start by writing out a few scenes from the show to see how it will flow for you. Some of us did the beginning of Echoes down to the commercial break (when Elizabeth sees the burned man). It was a real eye opener on how long it is. It's about a page per minute.
    As it stands now, SR is right; there will be PLENTY of time for you to start writing your episode as the rest of us start with the first half of the series. but if you can't fit it in, let us know--like SK said, Real Life always comes first and no need to be overly stressed.

Interesting convo about Golf--here, it's a rich man's sport, and also one of professionals. I don't think I was ever more amused than when I found out our 2nd year law school curriculum included an optional course on how to play Golf.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      As it stands now, SR is right; there will be PLENTY of time for you to start writing your episode as the rest of us start with the first half of the series. but if you can't fit it in, let us know--like SK said, Real Life always comes first and no need to be overly stressed.

Interesting convo about Golf--here, it's a rich man's sport, and also one of professionals. I don't think I was ever more amused than when I found out our 2nd year law school curriculum included an optional course on how to play Golf.
      LOL. It's like with the military. Every lawyer must know how to play golf. I wonder if they do the same thing in med schools. My husband grew up in Miami so there you have all the old people and a golf course on every corner. In fact the last time he played was down there. LOL And SR Jr. carries his clubs around in his trunk intending to play but always too busy with work. I think I remember once his workplace even had a golf day.

John said he had been playing since he was six. I wonder if that's a Joeism also. I know his mom married his stepdad at about that time. Makes sense.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

LOL. It's like with the military. Every lawyer must know how to play golf. I wonder if they do the same thing in med schools. My husband grew up in Miami so there you have all the old people and a golf course on every corner. In fact the last time he played was down there. LOL And SR Jr. carries his clubs around in his trunk intending to play but always too busy with work. I think I remember once his workplace even had a golf day.

John said he had been playing since he was six. I wonder if that's a Joeism also. I know his mom married his stepdad at about that time. Makes sense.
        With as much as they put into the show about his real personality, I'd almost venture to say it had to be. He had good form, anyway.

Comment

With as much as they put into the show about his real personality, I'd almost venture to say it had to be. He had good form, anyway.
          He did. I could watch that golf swing all day. And LOL on the golf discussion. Just read in my community newsletter that now we can reserve tee times at the 6 or so county golf courses. Heh.
          sigpic

Comment

KrisRussel, I love your ep tag, it's great!!! That's just what the ep needed

Fionait Eri13 Thanks for the welcomes

Welcome. I don't have any fics to add but we're all glad you're here. And I find it interesting that you started with S4 but still see Sparky. Can you tell us when and how you realized they belonged together?
            That's easy The first fandom couple that I ever shipped (and still do) is Janeway/Chakotay from Voyager. Shipping in that fandom taught me The Number One Ship Rule Of Quantum Entanglement for Sci-Fi Couples:

Women in command of awesome starships are destined to be with their heroic first officers.

And like I said, I had seen a few random eps of Atlantis before, including the pilot (was looking for RDA there) and I always suspected that I shipped John & Elizabeth from the very beginning, but couldn't quite put my finger on why. It's an elusive quality, hard to explain. I didn't even know if anybody else saw what I did. But Long Goodbye gave me my *irrefutable evidence*!

Scary Kitty: Thank you for the treasure trove of recs! I'm devouring them now. Thanks for thinking of holding back on the NC. Nothing against smut, mind you , I would just like to ease myself into it where J/E is concerned though. I'd like to get to know the authors in this fandom, see who writes stuff I'm comfortable with. In the J/C world, there are certain FF writers that I will read every single thing they've ever written, regardless of rating, they're just that good. Other authors are fine for R and below, but I wouldn't touch their NC stuff with a ten foot pole. You know what I mean?

And I've been DYING to ask: Please somebody tell me the story behind why you call yourselves Sparkies!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

*licks lips* Mmmm, yes he did.

He did. I could watch that golf swing all day. And LOL on the golf discussion. Just read in my community newsletter that now we can reserve tee times at the 6 or so county golf courses. Heh.
              The golf swing, the occasional belly peekage that was the inevitable result... *wipes drool off chin*

Originally posted by polomare View Post
              That's easy The first fandom couple that I ever shipped (and still do) is Janeway/Chakotay from Voyager. Shipping in that fandom taught me The Number One Ship Rule Of Quantum Entanglement for Sci-Fi Couples:

Women in command of awesome starships are destined to be with their heroic first officers.
              Now that's wisdom to live by!

And like I said, I had seen a few random eps of Atlantis before, including the pilot (was looking for RDA there) and I always suspected that I shipped John & Elizabeth from the very beginning, but couldn't quite put my finger on why. It's an elusive quality, hard to explain. I didn't even know if anybody else saw what I did. But Long Goodbye gave me my *irrefutable evidence*!

Scary Kitty: Thank you for the treasure trove of recs! I'm devouring them now. Thanks for thinking of holding back on the NC. Nothing against smut, mind you , I would just like to ease myself into it where J/E is concerned though. I'd like to get to know the authors in this fandom, see who writes stuff I'm comfortable with. In the J/C world, there are certain FF writers that I will read every single thing they've ever written, regardless of rating, they're just that good. Other authors are fine for R and below, but I wouldn't touch their NC stuff with a ten foot pole. You know what I mean?
              Heh! I definitely know what you mean! Let us know what other story genres interest you, and we'll see what tasty treats we can find.

And I've been DYING to ask: Please somebody tell me the story behind why you call yourselves Sparkies!!!!
              There's quite a good explanation on the profile page for the Sheppard/Weir comm on LiveJournal (lots of fic to look at here, too!); just scroll down to "Sparky Explanation." Enjoy!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

These are for polomare.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Yeehaw! The return of the motivational posters! They're just so sublime.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello thread! Hello POLOMARE! What did I miss, except John the rich kid discussion?
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      Hello thread! Hello POLOMARE! What did I miss, except John the rich kid discussion?
                      You missed the all important golf talk. LOL Do only the rich in Croatia play golf? And somebody needs to define "rich". I think we probably have different ideas of what makes someone rich. I'll go first. To be rich IMHO you have to at least be a millionaire. And even that's debatable.
                      sigpic

Comment

We are back to school. Philosophy.lol
                        Rich = You can do all the things you want because you know that you have enough money in your bank to do it. And you don't think about money. You don't need to work because you know you have money or your family has money. You work for pleasure. It's more complex.
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

You missed the all important golf talk. LOL Do only the rich in Croatia play golf? And somebody needs to define "rich". I think we probably have different ideas of what makes someone rich. I'll go first. To be rich IMHO you have to at least be a millionaire. And even that's debatable.
                          God, I'm the worst person to define rich, probably. I don't know - having several mansions, millions, hanging out at really REALLY expensive places like it's nothing special? I can't even fathom that kind of wealth.

Anyway, i guess rich people do play golf here. But Croatian rich isn't quite the same as USA rich. Also, I believe not only rich people play golf... I honestly don't know. I'm not very interested in golf. Eeep.
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Golf on Wii fii counts?lol
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              Golf on Wii fii counts?lol
                              No, you have to actually get outside in the hot sun. Hee.
                              sigpic

Comment

Rich is so variable. Like, you could straight up buy a MANSION in Georgia for what a 3 bedroom home in some areas in California costs. My definition of Rich is never having to worry about your future because you know you're covered. If you wanted to sit back and watch TV 12 hours a day for the next 40 years, you could do that because you're fine. No budgeting required. That standard may go up if all you want to do is travel or buy Burberry Bags, but basically it's ease of mind.

'Wealthy' I'd categorize as having enough money to be comfortable but not necessarily enough to where you could do whatever you wanted whenever. The belt is loose but you still have to be careful not to spend it all or you could end up facing tough times if you weren't careful like so many people I know currently defaulting on mortgages cuz they didn't save.

Comment

Working...
                                X