Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
    From Taris-eirien on the Thunk/Whump threads, The Other Side Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ76t...layer_embedded
    Ooooh, 1080 HD version!!!! *downloads*
    It looks cool. And not as bad as the usual bad syfy b-movies. But this movie isn't produced by SyFy, is it?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Oh, those are marvelous! Can never get enough eye!sex!
    Thanks!!! And their eye!sex is trulyamazing!!!!

Er, lemme see if I can dig it up...

Spoiler:
    30+1 Days of SGA

Day 1: Your favorite character
    Day 2: Your favorite episode
    Day 3: An episode you hate
    Day 4: A character you wish Kolya would kill
    Day 5: Your favorite pics of your ships
    Day 6: A scene that had you laughing so hard you had to pause
    Day 7: A scene you had to pause during to remind yourself it’s not real
    Day 8: An episode you’ve watched more than three times
    Day 9: Your favorite male character (who isn’t your fave char)
    Day 10: Your favorite female character (who isn’t your fave char)
    Day 11: Your favorite SG-1 guest star
    Day 12: A scene that had you yelling at the screen
    Day 13: A scene that made you blush
    Day 14: Favorite pairing
    Day 15: Least favorite pairing
    Day 16: Favorite season
    Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
    Day 18: Favorite side character
    Day 19: Most annoying side character
    Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
    Day 21: Best quote
    Day 22: Worst quote
    Day 23: Saddest character death
    Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
    Day 25: Favorite kiss
    Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
    Day 27: Funniest screen cap
    Day 28: Favorite enemy
    Day 29: Least favorite enemy
    Day 30: One thing you would change
    Day 31: How it should have ended

I really ought to do this meme, some of the responses have been hilarious!
    Thanks again!!! Some of the responses have indeed been hilarious!

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
    Me too! Maybe a second group of us can start after the first group is finished? I need time to think about my answers. LOL
    Not everyone is doing it at the same time, so I think we can just start with it whenever we want. Or not?

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    I'm happy to say: CONGRATULATIONS FOR 106,000 posts.
    Irish Eyes, you're the winner.lol
    Are we there already?? Cool!!!!
    PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sig by me

Comment

Hi, sparkies
      Don't know if you've seen this little bit from an interview with Martin Firrell (sorry for double post if it's been here already)

“I am fascinated by Dr Elizabeth Weir because I believe her to be the single most important woman in the history of science fiction so far. This is because her gender is incidental. I think for the first time in the genre, the character’s gender is entirely coincidental and it is solely her skills as a diplomat that makes her the right person for the job. At the same time, Weir uses her natural advantages as a woman, her emotional clarity and intuition to be the best leader she can be. This makes Weir a critical post-feminist construct. Weir opens a new conceptual space where we stop noticing the gender of our leaders because it has become irrelevant.”

Read more: BLOG The art and philosophy of Star Trek and Stargate http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/01/18/blog...#ixzz1BlgDFFZL

congrats for the 106,000!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
        I'm happy to say: CONGRATULATIONS FOR 106,000 posts.
        Irish Eyes, you're the winner.lol

Edit: About the trailer. I'm the only one who wants to see Joe doing something else?lol I'm sure he's good in it. this movie seems good but I want to see him in something else. Not a military for once. But hey, i'm not saying I'm not happy for this movie.
        Woot! You did it while I was sleeping. And now it's Sparky party time!

And now, right onward to 107,000! Sparky rocks!

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
        It looks cool. And not as bad as the usual bad syfy b-movies. But this movie isn't produced by SyFy, is it?
        Believe it or not it is. Joe said they were a bit perturbed that he and the director changed it to put in more humor. And basically he handwaved it and told them to do with it what they willed. Looks like it may make it on the air. Evidently everybody at SciFi isn't stupid. Now let's make it the highest rated of the SciFi movies of all time.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*glomps* I've been reading and reviewing fics all evening, love. *snuggles*

Bwahahaha! That's perfect!

Hah! Poor, poor Rodney.

Okay, not really.

Oh, those are marvelous! Can never get enough eye!sex!

Er, lemme see if I can dig it up...

Spoiler:
          30+1 Days of SGA

Day 1: Your favorite character
          Day 2: Your favorite episode
          Day 3: An episode you hate
          Day 4: A character you wish Kolya would kill
          Day 5: Your favorite pics of your ships
          Day 6: A scene that had you laughing so hard you had to pause
          Day 7: A scene you had to pause during to remind yourself it’s not real
          Day 8: An episode you’ve watched more than three times
          Day 9: Your favorite male character (who isn’t your fave char)
          Day 10: Your favorite female character (who isn’t your fave char)
          Day 11: Your favorite SG-1 guest star
          Day 12: A scene that had you yelling at the screen
          Day 13: A scene that made you blush
          Day 14: Favorite pairing
          Day 15: Least favorite pairing
          Day 16: Favorite season
          Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
          Day 18: Favorite side character
          Day 19: Most annoying side character
          Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
          Day 21: Best quote
          Day 22: Worst quote
          Day 23: Saddest character death
          Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
          Day 25: Favorite kiss
          Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
          Day 27: Funniest screen cap
          Day 28: Favorite enemy
          Day 29: Least favorite enemy
          Day 30: One thing you would change
          Day 31: How it should have ended

I really ought to do this meme, some of the responses have been hilarious!
          Me too! Maybe a second group of us can start after the first group is finished? I need time to think about my answers. LOL

Off to bed....
          That would work for me--I'd love to do the Meme but didn't have time when it first started. I might be able to do it now--do y'all want to do a second round, with Kris and whomever else?
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            That would work for me--I'd love to do the Meme but didn't have time when it first started. I might be able to do it now--do y'all want to do a second round, with Kris and whomever else?
            I could attempt to play on the 2nd round. Can't guarantee I would be an "every day" poster, but I would give the good ol college try.......
            sigpic
            Signature by Erin87

Comment

I forgot something in my congrats post for the 106,000 Sparkylicious posts.

We need to thank the invisible part of the Sparky nation also. We have a lot of lurkers here, especially lately and we need to include them in our thanks for helping us reach such a huge new number. I know they don't post but they must be interested or they wouldn't be here. Views count also and every time you come around here you are adding to that. So thank you very much.

And for those who are checking in to see what SGARising is up too, a special thanks and request for patience. We are writing writing writing and are so very excited. We know you are going to love what we've done.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                I could attempt to play on the 2nd round. Can't guarantee I would be an "every day" poster, but I would give the good ol college try.......
                Yeah, I would be about the same. I will try to do it everyday, but if I can't it would be at least least every other day or so.
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday and congratulations to us for reaching 106,000 posts! Sparky is hotter than ever!

Oh, and I did promise cake, didn't I?

Spoiler:

Off to bed....
                  Yeah, I think I could do that. Let's keep the meme going, hahahah!

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                  Either that or SyFy farmed it out to an independent production company. Probably to share the production costs.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Believe it or not it is. Joe said they were a bit perturbed that he and the director changed it to put in more humor. And basically he handwaved it and told them to do with it what they willed. Looks like it may make it on the air. Evidently everybody at SciFi isn't stupid. Now let's make it the highest rated of the SciFi movies of all time.
                  You betcha! We need more fun crack in science fiction, and Joe can definitely give us that!

Originally posted by ForestFern View Post
                  Hi, sparkies
                  Don't know if you've seen this little bit from an interview with Martin Firrell (sorry for double post if it's been here already)

“I am fascinated by Dr Elizabeth Weir because I believe her to be the single most important woman in the history of science fiction so far. This is because her gender is incidental. I think for the first time in the genre, the character’s gender is entirely coincidental and it is solely her skills as a diplomat that makes her the right person for the job. At the same time, Weir uses her natural advantages as a woman, her emotional clarity and intuition to be the best leader she can be. This makes Weir a critical post-feminist construct. Weir opens a new conceptual space where we stop noticing the gender of our leaders because it has become irrelevant.”

Read more: BLOG The art and philosophy of Star Trek and Stargate http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/01/18/blog...#ixzz1BlgDFFZL

congrats for the 106,000!!!
                  Yup, we've seen it, but it's so awesome that it bears reposting. Thanks for that!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hm, interesting!

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

Heya Sparkies! Now that the authors for the 2010 Sparky Santa fic exchange have been revealed, I can now shamelessly pimp my fic:

Atlantis's First Thanksgiving, or Why We Learned to Stop Worrying and Believe in the Expedition's Betting Pool, which I wrote for the marvelous oparu. It's set in an AU Season 1, with all our old friends making appearances at a celebration held at the Athosian camp. Old skool Sparky, at it's best. Please enjoy!

And in a hilarious bit of irony, oparu was the one assigned to write fic for me: Sugar Rush! It's a hysterical little Christmas fic, and I swear, I am so going to find a way to get some puddlejumper-shaped cookie cutters if it kills me! Hahahah!

Be sure to read and review all the other great fics there, too! These authors need some love!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Time for a Sparky picspam to celebrate the most awesome ship in two galaxies. Let's see what I can come up with.

Spoiler:
                        He was just so adorably nervous here and wanted her to like his gift so much. I wonder if Teyla helped him pick this out. She must have been amused by this big strong warrior so careful to find the perfect gift...for his boss. LOL

And here, just a guy looking at his boss again. Turned totally so that she is the only one he can see and with his heart in his eyes, never looking away from her and her never looking at anyone else but him for the longest time until her voice broke and Rodney made a crack to break the tension... yep, no ship here either.

"Seemed longer, huh?" That voice that drops into the lower registers only when he's talking to her and somehow making it sound very intimate and personal...yeah, that voice. And that look? Did I see him look at Chuck that way once? No, didn't think so.

We're thinking the same thing...or communicating without words...or something like that. Whatever it is, it's hard to explain what's happening. Doesn't everybody read their boss's mind like that?
                        sigpic

Comment

Time for a Sparky picspam to celebrate the most awesome ship in two galaxies. Let's see what I can come up with.

Spoiler:
                          He was just so adorably nervous here and wanted her to like his gift so much. I wonder if Teyla helped him pick this out. She must have been amused by this big strong warrior so careful to find the perfect gift...for his boss. LOL

And here, just a guy looking at his boss again. Turned totally so that she is the only one he can see and with his heart in his eyes, never looking away from her and her never looking at anyone else but him for the longest time until her voice broke and Rodney made a crack to break the tension... yep, no ship here either.

"Seemed longer, huh?" That voice that drops into the lower registers only when he's talking to her and somehow making it sound very intimate and personal...yeah, that voice. And that look? Did I see him look at Chuck that way once? No, didn't think so.

We're thinking the same thing...or communicating without words...or something like that. Whatever it is, it's hard to explain what's happening. Doesn't everybody read their boss's mind like that?
                          I see what you mean...
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Heya Sparkies! Now that the authors for the 2010 Sparky Santa fic exchange have been revealed, I can now shamelessly pimp my fic:

Atlantis's First Thanksgiving, or Why We Learned to Stop Worrying and Believe in the Expedition's Betting Pool, which I wrote for the marvelous oparu. It's set in an AU Season 1, with all our old friends making appearances at a celebration held at the Athosian camp. Old skool Sparky, at it's best. Please enjoy!

And in a hilarious bit of irony, oparu was the one assigned to write fic for me: Sugar Rush! It's a hysterical little Christmas fic, and I swear, I am so going to find a way to get some puddlejumper-shaped cookie cutters if it kills me! Hahahah!

Be sure to read and review all the other great fics there, too! These authors need some love!
                            Thanks for posting those and also any others that have been posted. I've read all the Sparky Santa fics and they were just delightful. It's always great trying to match authors with the fic.
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-1x15-0023.jpg
                              Hah! Very amused, indeed.

Oh dear, am I going to have to trot out my Sparky action figure theatre pics again?

Spoiler:
                              http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-3x02-1312.jpg
                              Oh, and there was really wasn't any ship later on when he stormed into her office and offered to deck Woolsey for being a git, and she called him on defending her honor. Naw, that can't be ship.

Spoiler:
                              http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-3x06-2403.jpg
                              Oh yeah. This scene, this entire episode, says it all. He cares about her more than anyone else.

Spoiler:
                              http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-3x20-1018.jpg
                              Only when they're in love.

Originally posted by ForestFern View Post
                              Gotta love that eye!sex of doom. Guh! I'm surprised my monitor isn't melting from the hotness!

Comment

Thanks for posting those and also any others that have been posted. I've read all the Sparky Santa fics and they were just delightful. It's always great trying to match authors with the fic.
                                Yes, it is fun trying to figure out who wrote what.

This year's exchange had a very good turnout of authors who wrote such a great assortment of genres, from fluff to angst. I hope we can keep up that enthusiasm with the next holiday exchange!

Comment

Working...
                                X