No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taris_eirien charitybuzz | @JoeFlanigan Supports Sarah Geary http://t.co/hb4LuZC via @AddThis 3 days left! RT to remind everyone.
    http://www.charitybuzz.com/auctions/.../catalog_items
    John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
    sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
    Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      HELLLLOOOOOO!!!!!!!
      48 days before I meet THE guy. Not nervous for the moment. It's great.
      Heehee!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      1/ I became a Sparky during season 4. I realized John has a strong bond with Elizabeth. I saw hints since "38mins" but I didn't want to be a shipper. Sparky is too stron to resist.lol
      2/ Conversion and second position: TRW and CG....There are so many episodes.
      If there isn't a motivator about Sparky's irresistibleness, there ought to be.

Eeek, look at those high bids go!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Feh, I didn't hug you that hard.
        Yeah, true. Sorry, overreaction to being welcomed home to Sparkyville.

Heck, I was still recovering from my massive birthday feast at The Hobbit last night, and I still managed to post my daily greetings before noon.

Eh, I'm going to be signing off and heading to bed after posting this... I usually try to get to bed by 11:30. Early to bed, early to rise... and the earlier I can get into mischief.

Yes, they do!

Nighty-night! *waves*
        I'm getting on at work, Internet still down at home... And boss only gave me half hour lunch, so couldn't get laptop out. Using iPod again ... Major league annoying.

Have a good nite and I'll post my Sparky beginnings when I can.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Yeah, true. Sorry, overreaction to being welcomed home to Sparkyville.
          Sparkyville: The Universe's best city!

I'm getting on at work, Internet still down at home... And boss only gave me half hour lunch, so couldn't get laptop out. Using iPod again ... Major league annoying.

Have a good nite and I'll post my Sparky beginnings when I can.
          Gack! Trying to limp along on the iPod is evil... the lack of directional keys while typing is my biggest complaint. If I keep doing postings while traveling, I may get a wireless keyboard...
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Gah! I knew it was one of the Virginia schools, but I couldn't remember which one. I iz a bad fangurl. *hangs head*

But yeah, USC loses by a field goal. In the final seconds of the game. Again. *headdesk*

Heh, I was going to ask how you were doing on RtP 1, but I think I can guess the answer. Which is just as well, because I haven't gotten much done on part 2, either. Just a few dialogue snippets.

Oooh, I should answer these too, so our newbies know where I'm coming from!

1) I think I'd have to go with the same combo as Kinky_Carter: I picked up on hints of Sparkiness in Rising and Thirty-Eight Minutes that made me think, 'aw, do they like each other?' but it was The Storm/The Eye that really made me sit up and say, 'damn, Sheppard totally likes Weir! You don't go all Rambo to avenge someone who you only think of as your boss!' The thing that held me back most in Season 1 was knowing that Weir still had Simon back home, but when she sent him that 'don't wait for me' message in Letters From Pegasus, I knew it was over for Simon and the door was open for John. Hee!

2) Do I have to pick just one? The Real World, definitely. I'd also have to say Coup d'Etat and Common Ground; even the scenes where they're not physically in the same room with each other, the air is thick with Sparky-loaded tension.
            Yeah, I haven't been able to work very much on the stories, but I will after this week. Hopefully. =\

As for me, my answers are:

1) I came in backwards, so I actually saw the ending of Season 3 first, then the middle of Season 2. I was intrigued by John's relationship with her in episodes like "The Lost Boys" and "The Long Goodbye". I think "Epiphany" though, peaked my interest and I downloaded "The Real World" because it was Weir centric and I was really a fan of hers, mostly. When I saw how John reacted there I was really bowled over by everything and went back and watched it from the start. So I sort of favored them going into Season 1.

2) As for my favorite episode? That coincides with the episode that made me Sparky--The Eye. I wasn't expecting them to pretend she was dead, and I CERTAINLY wasn't expecting John's reaction. That they went all the way on both counts delighted me to no end! It'll forever be my favorite SGA episode and favorite Sparky episode.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

So anyone know of any sparky fics set after the audio book A Necessary Evil?

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Gee, I was starting to think GW wasn't going to get back up before the day was over...

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                Yeah, I haven't been able to work very much on the stories, but I will after this week. Hopefully. =\
                Eeep!

Originally posted by Kinky_Carter View Post
                So anyone know of any sparky fics set after the audio book A Necessary Evil?
                Fics intended to pick up where ANE leaves off? I haven't heard of any... Maybe you'd like to write such a story?

It seems that a lot of the 'big names' in Sparky fandom either don't know or don't care about the audio dramas or novels, which is not surprising since only a handful of the dramas/novels actually give Elizabeth anything meaningful to do.

Comment

I tried getting on GW earlier ... stupid server ...

But now, lovely work is over, thank God, and I'm home!

So, what'd I miss?

And I was super sick last week, which was no fun at all.
                  Sorry to hear that, glad you're feelin better!

We've got some new people on the thread, so for something that's not fic related, how about we ask those perennial questions:

1) what episode/episodes made you a Sparky shipper?
                  2) What is your favorite Sparky episode and why?
                  1) Umm, I kinda pick out my favorite pairings and see what happens, so even though there was a gap between when I saw "Rising" and "First Strike" (sadly, that was the first eppy I saw that I recall ) when I saw how John reacted to Elizabeth being hurt, and then went back and watched all the other Sparky eppys, I got hooked. So, hate to say, early Season 4. *pouts*

2) I have a few faves. The Real World, of course. The Long Goodbye, because it's hilarious! The Eye ... anyone notice all the Sparky eppys start with "The"??? And Adrift and Lifeline, cause even though I sob every time I watch, I love how John knew Elizabeth so well. He knew she wouldn't want the nanites reactivated, even if it meant killing her. And Elizabeth practically says verbatim to Teyla what John said to Rodney just before.

And on that note, I'm currently also working on a missing scene fic from "The Real World" cause I'm thinking that Sparky had a private discussion about what happened, which is why John knew Elizabeth's wishes in the matter.

*plot bunny sighes and adds fic to the list*

Sparkyville: The Universe's best city!
                  Yes, it is!!!

Gack! Trying to limp along on the iPod is evil... the lack of directional keys while typing is my biggest complaint. If I keep doing postings while traveling, I may get a wireless keyboard...
                  Yeah. It sucks. Me love my laptop so much! I promise never to take it for granted anymore!

Gee, I was starting to think GW wasn't going to get back up before the day was over...

Eeep!

Fics intended to pick up where ANE leaves off? I haven't heard of any... Maybe you'd like to write such a story?

It seems that a lot of the 'big names' in Sparky fandom either don't know or don't care about the audio dramas or novels, which is not surprising since only a handful of the dramas/novels actually give Elizabeth anything meaningful to do.
                  "A Necessary Evil"? Is that one of the books that has Sparky in it? Or am I thinkin of another one?

I was watchin an older episode earlier and I was thinking that there were a lot of Sparky moments in it, one we normally don't think about, but I'm having a severe brain fart and can't remember.

Anyhoo, next chapter of Everybody's Fine is almost done, it skips ahead to the events of "The Prodigal" (love the car racing scene between the boys!) and added Elizabeth to everything. Think it works pretty nicely!

And I've made TWO new vids. One depressing, one happy! Satisfies everyone! Post them on Thursday, I think. *crosses fingers*

Comment

So after much poking from the fic bunnies and having to rewatch part of "Prodigal", I proudly bring you the next chapter of Everybody's Fine!

Everybody's Fine Chapter 6

Speeded it up a little, this takes place at the time of "Prodigal" but when I have more time, and more chocolate to offer the fic bunnies, I may go back and insert a few missing scenes to fill the gaps.

But not tonight. Now I need sleep.

*conks out*

Comment

... Well, almost!

Dashed over to CD to update my fic, and scrolled thru Anuna's fics ...

Finally read this one ... MUST ... READ ... ROFL!!!

So, fic rec and promoting my own. Heh.

NOW, goin to sleep.

*lights off*

Comment

So, what'd I miss?
                        Not much, the outage lasted for several hours so I think a lot of people may have given up for the day and will be back tomorrow.

And on that note, I'm currently also working on a missing scene fic from "The Real World" cause I'm thinking that Sparky had a private discussion about what happened, which is why John knew Elizabeth's wishes in the matter.

That's a great idea for a missing scene fic. They totally would have had to have such a conversation for John to know... for that matter, given that the very next episode is Common Ground, I'd think having had such a conversation so recently would have been weighing very heavily in Elizabeth's mind.

"A Necessary Evil"? Is that one of the books that has Sparky in it? Or am I thinkin of another one?
                        It's one of the audio dramas by Big Finish. Not really a book, think of it more like one of those old-time radio dramas. They're 'read' by one of the actors from the cast, with a second actor (not always an SG cast member) playing a key supporting role in the story, there's usually a bit of sound effects and music to go with it. They've done two series of six stories; A Necessary Evil is the first of the Atlantis stories and features Torri Higginson.

New Everybody's Fine! I think this one's your best yet! If you do feel inclined to revisit it, I wouldn't mind seeing a scene or two set while Michael's running amok on Atlantis.

Heehee! Barefoot and Handcuffed is a great one, isn't it?

Have a good night's sleep, and pleasant Sparky dreams!

Comment

Eeep!

Ah, bummer. Yeah I was thinking about it. Might be a little rusty when it comes to writing but I may give it a go.

Comment

So, what'd I miss?

Sorry to hear that, glad you're feelin better!

1) Umm, I kinda pick out my favorite pairings and see what happens, so even though there was a gap between when I saw "Rising" and "First Strike" (sadly, that was the first eppy I saw that I recall ) when I saw how John reacted to Elizabeth being hurt, and then went back and watched all the other Sparky eppys, I got hooked. So, hate to say, early Season 4. *pouts*

2) I have a few faves. The Real World, of course. The Long Goodbye, because it's hilarious! The Eye ... anyone notice all the Sparky eppys start with "The"??? And Adrift and Lifeline, cause even though I sob every time I watch, I love how John knew Elizabeth so well. He knew she wouldn't want the nanites reactivated, even if it meant killing her. And Elizabeth practically says verbatim to Teyla what John said to Rodney just before.

Yes, it is!!!

Yeah. It sucks. Me love my laptop so much! I promise never to take it for granted anymore!

I was watchin an older episode earlier and I was thinking that there were a lot of Sparky moments in it, one we normally don't think about, but I'm having a severe brain fart and can't remember.

Anyhoo, next chapter of Everybody's Fine is almost done, it skips ahead to the events of "The Prodigal" (love the car racing scene between the boys!) and added Elizabeth to everything. Think it works pretty nicely!

And I've made TWO new vids. One depressing, one happy! Satisfies everyone! Post them on Thursday, I think. *crosses fingers*
                            I'm a bad sparky. I'd never noticed the bolded bit before. Sure, it showed a level of understanding between the two that was obviously better than what she had with Rodney, but I'd not paid that much attention to the wording of it before

Not much, the outage lasted for several hours so I think a lot of people may have given up for the day and will be back tomorrow.

That's a great idea for a missing scene fic. They totally would have had to have such a conversation for John to know... for that matter, given that the very next episode is Common Ground, I'd think having had such a conversation so recently would have been weighing very heavily in Elizabeth's mind.

It's one of the audio dramas by Big Finish. Not really a book, think of it more like one of those old-time radio dramas. They're 'read' by one of the actors from the cast, with a second actor (not always an SG cast member) playing a key supporting role in the story, there's usually a bit of sound effects and music to go with it. They've done two series of six stories; A Necessary Evil is the first of the Atlantis stories and features Torri Higginson.

New Everybody's Fine! I think this one's your best yet! If you do feel inclined to revisit it, I wouldn't mind seeing a scene or two set while Michael's running amok on Atlantis.

Heehee! Barefoot and Handcuffed is a great one, isn't it?

Have a good night's sleep, and pleasant Sparky dreams!
                            I agree on the bolded bit. The convo at the end of TRW, for me at least, was not enough for me to infer that she'd prefer to die (in any circumstance) than have the nanites reactivated, even in a limited form.

We did totally pwn them. Though even I had my doubts at that point spread. NO IDEA we'd beat it by more than double!

USC came close! And SR actually roots for VA Tech, not Virginia, so she's good--they beat Central Michigan handily.

I am generally pretty busy on weekends--not even enough time to flip open the laptop and say hi. I love my Sparkies, but when RL calls I have to sacrifice fandom time for RL time. I was working a football game and then had tennis, etc. And I was super sick last week, which was no fun at all.

We've got some new people on the thread, so for something that's not fic related, how about we ask those perennial questions:

1) what episode/episodes made you a Sparky shipper?
                            2) What is your favorite Sparky episode and why?

I'll come back and answer at lunchtime.
                            1) Given that I watched everything in order, and was unspoiled that Atlantis even existed until I saw the promo on an SG-1 dvd, the first for me was TS/TE. I noticed it in 38 Minutes, but thought that was typical PTW tease, as they had signalled (to me at least) that teh ship was gonna be J/T. TS/TE went further than I expected, and made me think they'd seen the light re ship. What a fool I was

2) Honestly, I can't pick one. There are scenes I can pick out of individual eps, and eps that I like the general 'vibe' of (even though they aren't sparky-heavy per se), and sparky filled eps, but I don't really have a favourite. TS/TE, the FS/ADT/LL trilogy (even though they have a different feel about them), CG..... IDK. TS/TE because it shows how far John will go for her, the replicator trilogy because it shows she was disappointed in him rather than the military and because ADT/LL is all about their relationship, CG because while she is affected (she effectively says to Laden that she'd swap him for Sheppard but America doesn't negotiate with terrorists) she carries on. It's also the first ep (that I recall, although in reality it is implied in other eps, especially the ones with Wraith in them) that she has specifically sanctioned someone's death (that pesky Kolya). Hmmm, something else with brackets...
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                              I'm a bad sparky. I'd never noticed the bolded bit before. Sure, it showed a level of understanding between the two that was obviously better than what she had with Rodney, but I'd not paid that much attention to the wording of it before

I agree on the bolded bit. The convo at the end of TRW, for me at least, was not enough for me to infer that she'd prefer to die (in any circumstance) than have the nanites reactivated, even in a limited form.
                              Agreed. There had to have been more to that conversation (or a continuation of it) for both of them to know what the other's wishes would be.

1) Given that I watched everything in order, and was unspoiled that Atlantis even existed until I saw the promo on an SG-1 dvd, the first for me was TS/TE. I noticed it in 38 Minutes, but thought that was typical PTW tease, as they had signalled (to me at least) that teh ship was gonna be J/T. TS/TE went further than I expected, and made me think they'd seen the light re ship. What a fool I was
                              You're not the only one in that position.

2) Honestly, I can't pick one. There are scenes I can pick out of individual eps, and eps that I like the general 'vibe' of (even though they aren't sparky-heavy per se), and sparky filled eps, but I don't really have a favourite. TS/TE, the FS/ADT/LL trilogy (even though they have a different feel about them), CG..... IDK. TS/TE because it shows how far John will go for her, the replicator trilogy because it shows she was disappointed in him rather than the military and because ADT/LL is all about their relationship, CG because while she is affected (she effectively says to Laden that she'd swap him for Sheppard but America doesn't negotiate with terrorists) she carries on. It's also the first ep (that I recall, although in reality it is implied in other eps, especially the ones with Wraith in them) that she has specifically sanctioned someone's death (that pesky Kolya). Hmmm, something else with brackets...
                              It sure looks like both of them are prepared to go to certain extremes for each other, doesn't it?

Comment

Hey Sparkies, I haz a fic rec for you!

Holy Matrimony! by lone_pyramid. An amusing little drabble about the ninth time that John and Elizabeth... well, just go read it! And then laugh yourself silly!

Comment

Working...
                                X