Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! You know, we're really going to have to choose a new theme for Sundays, because they're no longer so lazy! LOL!

And The Real World, too. *snorts*
    Oh yeah. For that one the "official" word is that it was just awful and Weir should have had a better episode. Oh, and RDA was wasted. And I believe that John may have been seriously OOC. I think I read that somewhere. *dies laughing*

No kidding! John needs a bigger bed. Joe will thank us.

Yup. Because we know how to write a relationship the right way.

That gets my vote! It's time for the expedition to start being portrayed as more self-sufficient.

At least until the stock runs out...

And that's what we can do once John's personal stash of Bud runs out! Ooooh, maybe we can even have a little funny scene (or perhaps expand it into a comedy B-storyline) about discovering an illicit still being run in Atlantis. The question is, who would be running it? The Marines? The scientists? Heheheh...

Whoo hoo! You can do it, Eri!
    I read a fic a long time ago that had Zelenka running a still in his lab. That almost makes sense but maybe too cutsey for us. *shrugs* I'll all for more comedy in S7. And yeah, I guess Joe can't just call up the Bud truck anymore. LOL Maybe Ronon tells John "You call this beer? Now on Sateda we knew how to make beer."
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Zelenka is definitely the one to go to when in need of somethng stronger than water. He's got that innocent face to pull something like that off. You'd never expect it. You never saw that one coming.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! You know, we're really going to have to choose a new theme for Sundays, because they're no longer so lazy! LOL!
        Beer Sunday?

And that's what we can do once John's personal stash of Bud runs out! Ooooh, maybe we can even have a little funny scene (or perhaps expand it into a comedy B-storyline) about discovering an illicit still being run in Atlantis. The question is, who would be running it? The Marines? The scientists? Heheheh...
        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I read a fic a long time ago that had Zelenka running a still in his lab. That almost makes sense but maybe too cutsey for us. *shrugs* I'll all for more comedy in S7. And yeah, I guess Joe can't just call up the Bud truck anymore. LOL Maybe Ronon tells John "You call this beer? Now on Sateda we knew how to make beer."
        There have to be some russian chemists on board. They always have moonshine. I still have to meet one who doesn't

Originally posted by Probie View Post
        Don't underestimate a French cook. We can do miracles with nothing. Especially when we talk about food.
        My first and most impressive encounter with real french cuisine was on my 18th birthday, on a choir trip to Montlucon. We had dinner at the city canteen. They consisted of entrails. *urgh*

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

We have strange tastes (entrails, snail, Frog legs, beef tongue.....) but I swear my/our french cooker will do other things. He/she will adapt to the tastes of each person. In general, we eat normal things.
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Yeah, you look at it completely differently after awhile. We can have a French cook but I doubt she would be able to provide much French cuisine with the frozen salisbury steaks and tater tots that come on the Daedalus. LOL
            To say nothing of the creamed spinach and chipped beef on toast. (My dad was in the Navy. I know all about mess hall chow.) It'll be fun to see native Pegasus ingredients popping up more and more in the food once the Earth ingredients run out. Except for the ones they're growing in the hydroponics garden, that is.

Oh, not speaking ill. I love Belgian beer. And I'm sure JF's family is grateful for the $8 billion you guys paid them for their beer company. LOL It's all in the family now.
            LOL!

Oh yeah. For that one the "official" word is that it was just awful and Weir should have had a better episode. Oh, and RDA was wasted. And I believe that John may have been seriously OOC. I think I read that somewhere. *dies laughing*
            *snorts*

I'm with FH; Zelenka's totally the one to pull off something like that.

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
            Beer Sunday?
            LOL! I'm up for that!

There have to be some russian chemists on board. They always have moonshine. I still have to meet one who doesn't
            I'm pretty sure we've seen the Russian flag on Atlantis uniforms, so we can always give 'em names. The question is, is their moonshine drinkable?
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well, seeing as my father used to work for a brewery for over 30 years...
              Maybe Atlantis should have its own home-brew. *hehe*
              Pfffff. Velebit beer is the best beer in the world. It's rare and almost impossible to buy in stores, and every single bottle is soled even before it's out of the brewery.
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

*giggles and glomps Anuna*
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm pretty sure we've seen the Russian flag on Atlantis uniforms, so we can always give 'em names. The question is, is their moonshine drinkable?
                  It usually is, they know what they're doing. And I'm not blind, yet.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  Pfffff. Velebit beer is the best beer in the world. It's rare and almost impossible to buy in stores, and every single bottle is soled even before it's out of the brewery.
                  *hugs Anuna*

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Did someone say beer and Zelenka? Check out the vid here: http://video.inkquill.com/download.htm

It's under older vids and the name is "Beer, Beer, Beer." Evidently Radek is famous for this. LOL
                    sigpic
                    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

It usually is, they know what they're doing. And I'm not blind, yet.
                      LOL! And just think what Atlantis could do with all that vodka...

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                      Did someone say beer and Zelenka? Check out the vid here: http://video.inkquill.com/download.htm

It's under older vids and the name is "Beer, Beer, Beer." Evidently Radek is famous for this. LOL
                      OMFG! *dies laughing* That settles it! Radek gets to run Atlantis's moonshine operations!

Comment

LOL! And just think what Atlantis could do with all that vodka...

OMFG! *dies laughing* That settles it! Radek gets to run Atlantis's moonshine operations!
                        I can imagine him running real operations and resorting to blackmail and whatnot if someone pisses him off.
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I can imagine him running real operations and resorting to blackmail and whatnot if someone pisses him off.
                          Yup. You do not want to piss off the guy making your booze.

Comment

Eri made good on her threat: The next chapter of Testament is up!

Spoiler:
                            ZOMG, Sita! And Thorvir's still being a hypocritical ass. I hope Karon runs him through the wringer! (perhaps literally as well as metaphorically)

Comment

GateWorld's new layout makes crappy laptop run tediously slow.

Then, let me guess, it was ship related. Oh dear. *rolls eyes*
                              It's almost always ship-related. While I've seen legitimate reasons for not liking Sparky, I don't think I've seen legitimate excuses for disliking Elizabeth. Maybe it's just my strong pro-Elizabeth bias speaking, but I don't. (Speaking of which, does anyone think female characters get more flack by fandom than male characters?)

I've felt like watching The Storm/The Eye lately, though I don't think I can muster the attention to do it today. Anyways -- on the surface, it's a great action-adventure episode that's fun to watch. But besides that, it also relies on the character's wits, from Elizabeth and Rodney's stalling to John's tactics, rather than pure force. Characters are forced out of their comfort zones. Then there's that great image of Atlantis' shield raised against the waves. And of course, Sparky in showcased in several moments.

It's been discussed before, I'm sure, but what are some of your favourite episodes that feature Sparky?

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                                Speaking of which, does anyone think female characters get more flack by fandom than male characters?
                                Keeping in mind the gazillion discussions on LJ and Dreamwidth I read through in the past two weeks about this very subject, I would have to say a definite YES!
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X