Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
    Which you certainly wouldn't have in any case, if you had a desalination plant and drinkable tapwater. Maybe jugs on the cafeteria table.
    But any beer has to be Budweiser.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I'm not going onto this expedition unless there is Guinness, Kilkenny and at least 10 different German brews (including Becks and some top-fermented dark beer).

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        *nods* Definitely need to do some hydroponics. I can see that being set up and running by the time we get to SS6, so it's really just a question of sliding some references to it into the stories.

And surely they can find some sea life that's edible... I can't get that giant lobster in Lantea's ocean that Rodney was talking about in Echoes out of my head.

Eri, I found an Elizabeth fic that I think you'll enjoy that addresses the kind of preparations that the expedition should've made before leaving Earth in Rising, and the kind of things we may need to think about in Season 7. It's the sort of worldbuilding that I always wanted to see on the show.

City on the Edge of Forever, by synecdochic.

Enjoy!
        Thanks! I'm reading now, though I've got to work on Testament. It's almost done, it's almost done! *bounces*

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
        With all this talk of furniture, design and sets, I just remembered.....

My hubby is a cabinet builder. Perhaps he could assist with some of the set building? He hasn't done furniture before though, but he can make a helluva kitchen cabinet or bathroom vanity....

And, I really hope we find decent beds for our version of SGA. Those dorm mattress, iron frame, single person jobs are DISGUSTING!
        Well, except in BIS but I hear a lot of Weir haters just skipped that one all together. LOL It's not canon fingers in ears lalala

And let's not forget John's bed that doesn't even fit him.

I was thinking about this last night. There's nothing in the way of John and Elizabeth getting together. Not even the rules now. No other ship has to be dealt with. No changing canon in complicated ways. And yet we are not rushing to get to RST, we are taking it slow and building the ship in a logical believable manner. Yay us.

My eyes hurt from all the rolling. Isn't everything involving her ship related? I feel a rant coming on but don't have time to write it. LOL
        *LOL* I was just thinking about how we need the beds to be college-dorm length or something, because I'm TIRED OF PEOPLE'S FEET HANGING OFF THE END. /bed rant.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I'm not going onto this expedition unless there is Guinness, Kilkenny and at least 10 different German brews (including Becks and some top-fermented dark beer).
          You'll have to take that up with JF. I doubt he's as loyal to A-B as he used to be since they sold it to the Belgians. LOL
          sigpic

Comment

You'll have to take that up with JF. I doubt he's as loyal to A-B as he used to be since they sold it to the Belgians. LOL
            I'll have him try the top-fermented dark beer (can we just call it alt-beer - why do you guys have no name for it?) and he will totally agree with me.

I've never had my feet hanging off the end of a bed, but I'm quite short. I'm sure that I would have fallen off this narrow bed, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              Thanks! I'm reading now, though I've got to work on Testament. It's almost done, it's almost done! *bounces*
              I'm waiting, I'm waiting

Comment

I'll have him try the top-fermented dark beer (can we just call it alt-beer - why do you guys have no name for it?) and he will totally agree with me.

I've never had my feet hanging off the end of a bed, but I'm quite short. I'm sure that I would have fallen off this narrow bed, though.
                If he likes dark beer, I'm sure he'll like it. But sometimes family loyalty has to come before taste. Remember the beer in The Shrine. It had to be Budweiser because JF didn't want to be seen drinking a rival brand. He said his family would disown him. LOL
                sigpic

Comment

If he likes dark beer, I'm sure he'll like it. But sometimes family loyalty has to come before taste. Remember the beer in The Shrine. It had to be Budweiser because JF didn't want to be seen drinking a rival brand. He said his family would disown him. LOL
                  Well, seeing as my father used to work for a brewery for over 30 years...
                  Maybe Atlantis should have its own home-brew. *hehe*

Comment

Something like this? http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp-cont...coasters_1.jpg

BTW, while I searched for the beer, I found this! http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images...dding-cake.jpg
                    We need it for S7, don't we?

Comment

I can't propose "Kronenbourg" for beer. Bad french beer so Can we have a french cooker on Atlantis? You talk about drink and I talk about food.lol

I watched 6 episodes of SGA this afternoon with a friend who harras me to see this show because of Joe.lol
                      I don't know if it's because I'm more critical now but I saw small errors. It was funny to see the old/real team: John, Rodney, Teyla, Elizabeth, Carson, Ford.
                      For the moment, my friend doesn't like Teyla and Elizabeth.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Hey, watch it! If you speak ill of our beer-companies you'll have to go through me...
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

SR: Don't start a war! Next week you're not here. I don't want to handle a mad FH.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! You know, we're really going to have to choose a new theme for Sundays, because they're no longer so lazy! LOL!

Well, except in BIS but I hear a lot of Weir haters just skipped that one all together. LOL It's not canon fingers in ears lalala
                            And The Real World, too. *snorts*

And let's not forget John's bed that doesn't even fit him.
                            No kidding! John needs a bigger bed. Joe will thank us.

I was thinking about this last night. There's nothing in the way of John and Elizabeth getting together. Not even the rules now. No other ship has to be dealt with. No changing canon in complicated ways. And yet we are not rushing to get to RST, we are taking it slow and building the ship in a logical believable manner. Yay us.
                            Yup. Because we know how to write a relationship the right way.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Then you should stop putting in bottles altogether cause many of the water brands have specific designs and don't need their labels to be recognizable.
                            Which you certainly wouldn't have in any case, if you had a desalination plant and drinkable tapwater. Maybe jugs on the cafeteria table.
                            That gets my vote! It's time for the expedition to start being portrayed as more self-sufficient.

At least until the stock runs out...

And that's what we can do once John's personal stash of Bud runs out! Ooooh, maybe we can even have a little funny scene (or perhaps expand it into a comedy B-storyline) about discovering an illicit still being run in Atlantis. The question is, who would be running it? The Marines? The scientists? Heheheh...

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            Whoo hoo! You can do it, Eri!
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              I can't propose "Kronenbourg" for beer. Bad french beer so Can we have a french cooker on Atlantis? You talk about drink and I talk about food.lol

I watched 6 episodes of SGA this afternoon with a friend who harras me to see this show because of Joe.lol
                              I don't know if it's because I'm more critical now but I saw small errors. It was funny to see the old/real team: John, Rodney, Teyla, Elizabeth, Carson, Ford.
                              For the moment, my friend doesn't like Teyla and Elizabeth.
                              Yeah, you look at it completely differently after awhile. We can have a French cook but I doubt she would be able to provide much French cuisine with the frozen salisbury steaks and tater tots that come on the Daedalus. LOL

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Hey, watch it! If you speak ill of our beer-companies you'll have to go through me...
                              Oh, not speaking ill. I love Belgian beer. And I'm sure JF's family is grateful for the $8 billion you guys paid them for their beer company. LOL It's all in the family now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, you look at it completely differently after awhile. We can have a French cook but I doubt she would be able to provide much French cuisine with the frozen salisbury steaks and tater tots that come on the Daedalus. LOL

Oh, not speaking ill. I love Belgian beer. And I'm sure JF's family is grateful for the $8 billion you guys paid them for their beer company. LOL It's all in the family now.
                                Don't underestimate a French cook. We can do miracles with nothing. Especially when we talk about food.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X