Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful vid, nephtys!

And I definitely like this idea of having the city grown their own food; it would be something easy to slip into the dialogue that'll ramp up the realism nicely.
    sigpic
    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      It's bad weather, everywhere, except possibly in France. Last summer our biggest lake, Lanier, was 16 feet under full pool, and now it's under flood watch. *headdesk* And it's raining over here today, too. Actually, it was just snowing little snow pellets. and bubble lamps.
      Tell me about it. We also have the longest and most snowy winter I can remember...

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I think though that by the fifth year Atlantis would have put some sort of hydroponics lab into operation. Katie Brown was all busy with ferns and exotic specimens but they also needed to be figuring out how to grow food. A few sentences about how they taught the Athosians to grow lettuce would have been nice. I was also amused by the salads and fresh fruit. Apples would make it 3 weeks on the Daedalus but I'm not sure about oranges and lettuce. Not to mention bread for John's turkey sandwiches. For awhile in S1 they were eating MRE's and bargaining for food. Then in S2 they seemed to have anything they wanted. Having worked in the restaurant business I know that their meals would have been much like what you'd find at your average Denny's without fresh fruits and veggies. And I would love to have met their kitchen staff. Maybe an eccentric dietician/cafeteria manager named Ruby with a crush on Ronon who keeps trying to fatten up John with little success. Sounds like an idea for S7. But I'm seriously getting ahead of myself.
      Well, one does wonder at some point. I now I did specifically notice bottled water. I think it was even a well known brand. Certainly there is a better way than bringing water from another galaxy. And the food always looked way too tasty.

Bf and I definitely have a different bio rhythm. He's already snoring and I'm not even tired, yet.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Were you around in the days of "she who must not be named"? A certain Celtic singer who hates fanvids but dang, her songs are perfect for Sparky. LOL
        I don't think I was because I have no idea what you're talking about. But I was around when there was a massive deletion of Stargate vids.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

With all this talk of furniture, design and sets, I just remembered.....

My hubby is a cabinet builder. Perhaps he could assist with some of the set building? He hasn't done furniture before though, but he can make a helluva kitchen cabinet or bathroom vanity....

And, I really hope we find decent beds for our version of SGA. Those dorm mattress, iron frame, single person jobs are DISGUSTING!
          sigpic
          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            The story has interesting aspects and certainly I would have liked to have Atlantis cut off from Earth for a longer time.

The thing that made me sad was reading the comments to the story, so negative about Elizabeth.
            They seem to prefer the SG1 Elizabeth (and I didn't like her) and say that she was so stupid in Atlantis.
            I can't understand why. I liked her so much and I was really sad when they decided to reduce her to a recurring character.
            I hated both Carter and Woolsey taking her position.
            Maybe I watched a different Stargate, I don't know ...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I don't think I was because I have no idea what you're talking about. But I was around when there was a massive deletion of Stargate vids.
              I guess you weren't around then. I remember the massive deletion also. Some of them were mine. And "she who must not be named" is Enya.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post

My hubby is a cabinet builder. Perhaps he could assist with some of the set building? He hasn't done furniture before though, but he can make a helluva kitchen cabinet or bathroom vanity....

And, I really hope we find decent beds for our version of SGA. Those dorm mattress, iron frame, single person jobs are DISGUSTING!
              Sounds great. Give us hubby's screen name and we'll put him on the job list as furniture builder.

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
              The story has interesting aspects and certainly I would have liked to have Atlantis cut off from Earth for a longer time.

The thing that made me sad was reading the comments to the story, so negative about Elizabeth.
              They seem to prefer the SG1 Elizabeth (and I didn't like her) and say that she was so stupid in Atlantis.
              I can't understand why. I liked her so much and I was really sad when they decided to reduce her to a recurring character.
              I hated both Carter and Woolsey taking her position.
              Maybe I watched a different Stargate, I don't know ...
              I haven't read that story yet but I looked at some of the comments. I don't recognize one single person. This fandom is so huge it's amazing. I don't get it either. Elizabeth is what TPTB made her whether we like it or not. We have to deal with canon. Fanfic can give the world our idea of what she should have been, but if you hate the character, why get this involved in fandom. I'm puzzled. The usual pattern for the Weir haters is ship related, but this doesn't seem to be. Odd.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I haven't read that story yet but I looked at some of the comments. I don't recognize one single person. This fandom is so huge it's amazing. I don't get it either. Elizabeth is what TPTB made her whether we like it or not. We have to deal with canon. Fanfic can give the world our idea of what she should have been, but if you hate the character, why get this involved in fandom. I'm puzzled. The usual pattern for the Weir haters is ship related, but this doesn't seem to be. Odd.
                I didn't recognize anyone either, but click on some of their profiles and I think you will understand what's going on here.
                sigpic
                sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                  I didn't recognize anyone either, but click on some of their profiles and I think you will understand what's going on here.
                  Ah ha. Just as I thought in some cases. That hidden hostility just has to come out even if it's to give "helpful criticism". LOL They amuse me so. I'm glad Elizabeth wasn't perfect. I admired her just as she was. And John sure seemed to agree with her most of the time. Where is the need to rewrite him to "fix" all his faults? *dies laughing*
                  sigpic

Comment

Ah ha. Just as I thought in some cases. That hidden hostility just has to come out even if it's to give "helpful criticism". LOL They amuse me so. I'm glad Elizabeth wasn't perfect. I admired her just as she was. And John sure seemed to agree with her most of the time. Where is the need to rewrite him to "fix" all his faults? *dies laughing*
                    Exactly. But once I realized what was going on, all I could do was . I course they preferred the Elizabeth from SG-1. John wasn't attached to her hip. LOL
                    sigpic
                    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

While I didn't have any real problem with ignoring a lot of questions about how they got food and other products, I do see that it is something to think about. I don't really blame TPTB for not spending a lot of time on mundane facts.

I think though that by the fifth year Atlantis would have put some sort of hydroponics lab into operation. Katie Brown was all busy with ferns and exotic specimens but they also needed to be figuring out how to grow food. A few sentences about how they taught the Athosians to grow lettuce would have been nice. I was also amused by the salads and fresh fruit. Apples would make it 3 weeks on the Daedalus but I'm not sure about oranges and lettuce. Not to mention bread for John's turkey sandwiches. For awhile in S1 they were eating MRE's and bargaining for food. Then in S2 they seemed to have anything they wanted. Having worked in the restaurant business I know that their meals would have been much like what you'd find at your average Denny's without fresh fruits and veggies.
                      Seriously... there's only so many kinds of food that take well to flash freezing.

And I would love to have met their kitchen staff. Maybe an eccentric dietician/cafeteria manager named Ruby with a crush on Ronon who keeps trying to fatten up John with little success. Sounds like an idea for S7. But I'm seriously getting ahead of myself.
                      I second the idea of putting that into S7. It's prime fodder for a comedy episode!

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                      Well, one does wonder at some point. I now I did specifically notice bottled water. I think it was even a well known brand. Certainly there is a better way than bringing water from another galaxy. And the food always looked way too tasty.
                      Especially considering that we heard in Season 1 that Atlantis had a desalination plant. What, did it get blown up during The Siege, so they had to start importing Evian? Gah. *headdesk*

Here's another rule we'll have to enact for SS6: No more product placements.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post

Sounds like hubby's been hired!

Yes! We need to have some nice, big queen-size beds for the couples that are together... and those who might be. Eventually. Heck, Elizabeth had plenty of space in her quarters, but she only had that little Cracker Jack box of a bed! Obscene!

Hmm...

Hah. Hahahahah. Gee, I guess the Weir hate isn't restricted to just one ship.

Oh heck yeah! No, it's all about getting rid of the speed bump on the way to twoo luv... ROTFLMAO!

Exactly. But once I realized what was going on, all I could do was . I course they preferred the Elizabeth from SG-1. John wasn't attached to her hip. LOL
                      And why they oh-so love S4 and S5. Oh wait, they don't, because another speed bump came up. Ooops.

Sparky: Because other characters don't need to be eliminated in various stupid ways in order to get Elizabeth and John together.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Especially considering that we heard in Season 1 that Atlantis had a desalination plant. What, did it get blown up during The Siege, so they had to start importing Evian? Gah. *headdesk*
                        So, my memory was correct and it was indeed Evian. I wasn't sure and couldn't check last night. Anything but a desalination plant doesn't make sense, imho.

Comment

Then, let me guess, it was ship related. Oh dear. *rolls eyes*
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Well, except in BIS but I hear a lot of Weir haters just skipped that one all together. LOL It's not canon fingers in ears lalala

Seriously... there's only so many kinds of food that take well to flash freezing.

I second the idea of putting that into S7. It's prime fodder for a comedy episode!

Sounds like hubby's been hired!

Yes! We need to have some nice, big queen-size beds for the couples that are together... and those who might be. Eventually. Heck, Elizabeth had plenty of space in her quarters, but she only had that little Cracker Jack box of a bed! Obscene!

Hmm...

Hah. Hahahahah. Gee, I guess the Weir hate isn't restricted to just one ship.

Oh heck yeah! No, it's all about getting rid of the speed bump on the way to twoo luv... ROTFLMAO!

And why they oh-so love S4 and S5. Oh wait, they don't, because another speed bump came up. Ooops.

Sparky: Because other characters don't need to be eliminated in various stupid ways in order to get Elizabeth and John together.
                            And let's not forget John's bed that doesn't even fit him.

I was thinking about this last night. There's nothing in the way of John and Elizabeth getting together. Not even the rules now. No other ship has to be dealt with. No changing canon in complicated ways. And yet we are not rushing to get to RST, we are taking it slow and building the ship in a logical believable manner. Yay us.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            Then, let me guess, it was ship related. Oh dear. *rolls eyes*
                            My eyes hurt from all the rolling. Isn't everything involving her ship related? I feel a rant coming on but don't have time to write it. LOL
                            sigpic

Comment

Then you should stop putting in bottles altogether cause many of the water brands have specific designs and don't need their labels to be recognizable.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Then you should stop putting in bottles altogether cause many of the water brands have specific designs and don't need their labels to be recognizable.
                                Which you certainly wouldn't have in any case, if you had a desalination plant and drinkable tapwater. Maybe jugs on the cafeteria table.

Comment

Working...
                                X