Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    No deals. Shep was the bad boy. He got what he deserved. You can share Todd and Kavanaugh. Shep has to take his punishment like a man.
    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Awww... you do realize that now Shep and Lizzie have been split up? That's just cruel and unusual punishment.
    Yeah, you can't split Sparky up. That's just a no-go.

It keeps on snowing here. I had to free my car from a pile of snow so I could drive to the gym and when I wanted to return home I had do de-snow it again, and I can't have been in the gym more then an hour. I think we didn't have this much snow since I was little. (Okay, I think we did two years ago, but not where I live now but at home.)
    I wonder why we don't get to see more different wheather and seasons on Stargate. Probably because it is too expensive to have anything other than BC climate wheather. When we get to see snow it's always shown though the MALP camera. Have we had snow on SGA? I suppose Atlantis would look really pretty in the winter...

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
      Erin Cool manips and great story. It was... cute. There, I met my "cute" quota for the month.

SRwhere was I in that joke And I agree, you keep Shep. Now I have Lizzie for myself!
      I'll have to rewrite it from the male perspective. Or you can.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Not if we, ahem, save him from his fate.
      Sorry to split up Sparky. We can just take me out and put Lizzie in. I'll keep John in an AU.

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post

It keeps on snowing here. I had to free my car from a pile of snow so I could drive to the gym and when I wanted to return home I had do de-snow it again, and I can't have been in the gym more then an hour. I think we didn't have this much snow since I was little. (Okay, I think we did two years ago, but not where I live now but at home.)
      I wonder why we don't get to see more different wheather and seasons on Stargate. Probably because it is too expensive to have anything other than BC climate wheather. When we get to see snow it's always shown though the MALP camera. Have we had snow on SGA? I suppose Atlantis would look really pretty in the winter...
      It seems to be snowing all over the world. My son had a little accident in our big snow. His little Acura hit a patch of ice and bounced off a concrete barrier into a big pile of snow. Sounds bad but only needed a new bumper. And the rental company was out of economy cars so they asked him if he'd mind driving a new Lincoln for a week instead. He said he had to think about it but he was willing to make the sacrifice. Now he's glad to get his baby back but keeps thinking about those heated seats on the Lincoln. LOL
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Well, it's true we can't split up John and Elizabeth. I keep my little Toddy. Good luck Anuna.

There is a big sun here but it's very cold.
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          Well, it's true we can't split up John and Elizabeth. I keep my little Toddy. Good luck Anuna.

There is a big sun here but it's very cold.
          Il fait froid Is there snow in France? I tried to watch French children's TV today, but I didn't understand much. Yesterday something was on with an evil red fish that I was able to follow *g*

@SR: Accidents are scary...

So, what does this all have to do with Sparky. *ahem*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            Not if we, ahem, save him from his fate.
            Heheheheh...

The planet in Sateda, where the team got captured because the villagers had made a deal with the Wraith to turn in Ronon, had an ornamental dusting of snow. Just enough to make it look pretty, but not enough to even make a snowman.

It seems to be snowing all over the world. My son had a little accident in our big snow. His little Acura hit a patch of ice and bounced off a concrete barrier into a big pile of snow. Sounds bad but only needed a new bumper. And the rental company was out of economy cars so they asked him if he'd mind driving a new Lincoln for a week instead. He said he had to think about it but he was willing to make the sacrifice. Now he's glad to get his baby back but keeps thinking about those heated seats on the Lincoln. LOL
            Eeek! I'm with Fionnait; accidents are scary!

So, what does this all have to do with Sparky. *ahem*
            Everything has to do with Sparky. Everything.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The planet in Sateda, where the team got captured because the villagers had made a deal with the Wraith to turn in Ronon, had an ornamental dusting of snow. Just enough to make it look pretty, but not enough to even make a snowman.
              I checked it out. It's really just a tiny bit of snow, they probably just had a pillow-fight *g*

That is true. For this reason I named my current haircolour (a mix of two red hair dyes) Sparky Red

P.S.: I just love the scene in Sateda where the arrow hits Rodney in the arse... So funny!

Comment

I checked it out. It's really just a tiny bit of snow, they probably just had a pillow-fight *g*
                *snickers*

That is true. For this reason I named my current haircolour (a mix of two red hair dyes) Sparky Red
                Ooooh! Sounds fun!

P.S.: I just love the scene in Sateda where the arrow hits Rodney in the arse... So funny!
                That, and when he's totally doped up on painkillers in the infirmary. What a riot!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ooooh! Sounds fun!
                  See obsessions #14!

I'm watching Sateda. I think I've only seen the ep once.

Comment

See obsessions #14!

I'm watching Sateda. I think I've only seen the ep once.
                    Only once? Definitely watch it again, it's a good one!

Comment

That conversation between Teyla and John is great. But so awkward. I would think that they are more comfortable with each other... But this conversation again shows, that it is completely out of character that John does not go after Elizabeth. Steal a jumper, start a riot, move heaven and earth...

And Elizabeth preaching about leaving people behind is just ouch.

But great ep!

Comment

Just popping in to drop off a present....a very late Sparky Christmas fic.

Thanks to drewandian for being my beta on this....

Here it is on fanfiction.net :
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5638303/...arky_Christmas

And, here it is on command dynamics if you prefer that:
                        http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/...y.php?sid=1635

ENJOY!
                        sigpic
                        Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post

ENJOY!
                          yay! and you're welcome!
                          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                            Erin Cool manips and great story. It was... cute. There, I met my "cute" quota for the month.

SRwhere was I in that joke And I agree, you keep Shep. Now I have Lizzie for myself!
                            *giggles* Thanks. I feel very honored.

-

We are officially obsessed with John/Elizabeth
                            Spoiler:
                            1. when someone posts a pic with ice sculpture and we all see Sparky in it.
                            2. .....when I see my boss and I wonder what he would think if I give him a hug.
                            3. when every new song I hear turns into a Sparky fanmix in my head...
                            4. When I look in a catalog at this year's collection of UGG boots and imagine John getting Elizabeth a pair of them for Christmas...
                            5. When your XBOX gamer tag is Sparky4evr...
                            6. When upon receiving your free copy of SIMS3, your first thought is "Oh, I can make Elizabeth and John and make them fall in love, get married and make Sparky bebbies!"
                            7. When you write oodles of fanfiction fixing the mess on the show so that you can get John and Elizabeth together.
                            8. When 98.9% of your sketchbook is filled with drawings of either Sparky or their kids.
                            9. When you buy the John and Elizabeth action figures just to put them in... 'compromising positions.'
                            10. When the majority of your conversations with your friends inevitably mention Sparky in some form or another
                            11. When you look on various websites for mixed drinks for a "Sparky" cocktail. And find one.
                            12. when you see the words sparky or John and Elizabeth in the same sentence.
                            13. When you are reading a book about firetrucks to your kids and can't help but grin like an idiot when you read that the fire dog's name is...yup...you guessed it...SPARKY!
                            14. When you name one of your hair colour mixes "Sparky Red".
                            15. When your computer is a veritable shrine to Sparky: wallpaper, folders full of pics, artwork, more wallpapers, fanfics...
                            16. When you drive by the local marina and giggle knowingly at a yacht named 'Sparky.'
                            17. When you've worked out the only difference between your ex-principle and Elizabeth is that your principle doesn't have a Sedge, and you try to work out who John is.
                            18. All of your favorite songs end up in your sparky fanfics, either as titles or quotes.
                            19. When you read other couples fanfiction and substitute John and Liz to see if it would work.
                            20. You read the Sparky Thread in the mornings instead of the news paper.
                            21. You print out Sparky fanfiction so you can read it away from your computer.
                            22. When this morning, you receive a call of Elizabeth from Atlantis and you can't stop smiling and imagine that there is maybe a John with her. But it was not the real Atlantis but just a name of a company and Elizabeth was the customer. (This is the second time this has happened)
                            23. You see a carnival with a ferris wheel and you immediately think of John taking Elizabeth for a ride.
                            24. Whenever you hear something else named Atlantis (Space Shuttles, Space Stations, ships, hotels, mythology) and you immediately make John & Elizabeth a part of the story.
                            25. When every time you see a couple with UST in another show, you think that Joe and Torri could do it better.
                            26. When asked what you would ask for if someone gave you a present and money wasn't an object, you immediately think of buying the rights to the franchise and making a movie so John and Elizabeth could get together.
                            27. You wished you could've been at the Fourth of July parade where David Hewlett and his wife cosplayed as John and Elizabeth to see them in person.
                            28. Red and black become your new favorite colors.
                            29. While watching your most favorite Christmas movie of all time, you can't help but wanna see John and Elizabeth in the big, romantic dance scene instead of the actual characters
                            30. You see kids playing with a dog that looks like Sedge and wonder if the kids are John and Elizabeth's.
                            31. you see a copy of war and peace and you wonder if john has a picture of elizabeth in it. or they read it together and wrote notes on the side to discuss the current chapter they are one.
                            32. Every time Joe or Torri guest stars in something other than SGA, you keep hoping to hear their characters give a closet Sparky mention.
                            33....at night when you "daydream" about potential Sparky fic ideas as you drift off to sleep....hoping for good sparky dreams..
                            34......when you have Sparky dreams more than 1 night a week....
                            35. When you're secretly pleased by the fact that your hair color is caught somewhere in the middle between John and Elizabeth's.
                            36. When you write Sparky fanfic anywhere, even in a doctor's waiting room.
                            37. When while buying your Christmas tree you wonder if John and Elizabeth would have a live or artificial one and picture them arguing about it.
                            38. When you're at a spin class, doing sprints, look down, see your seat is on the "E" setting and wonder "I wonder if John and/or Elizabeth would do this to keep in shape?"
                            39. when you see a couple of young kids and the girl gives the boy a hug and the boy is shocked and you wonder if john and elizabeth did that if they ever met as kids.
                            40. When you keep thinking about John and Elizabeth's favorite foods and you get the idea of doing an Atlantis cookbook. true story
                            41. When you have a plan to break your tv (without your parents suspect you, of course) just to see eyes/sex in good quality
                            42. When the first thing you think of when your TV dies is how much better Sparky will look on a new one.
                            43. When the first thing you watch on your new HDTV is one of your favorite Sparky episodes.
                            44. When you draw pictures of yourself with John and Elizabeth, just cause you love them so much.
                            45. When watching the ep "Home", after Elizabeth says something's not 'right' after Simon kisses her, you literally yell at the TV "That's because he's not John!"
                            46. You get a tattoo and wonder if John or Elizabeth has one.
                            47. You see a pendant that looks kinda-sorta like a stargate, and you think it would make a great present for John to give to Elizabeth.
                            48. You see a messy haired baby and think of Sparky babiez.
                            49. You begin thinking up new ideas to do 'manips' using them
                            50. You hear a song on the radio, and wonder if it would go well with a Sparky vid
                            51. You wonder if Elizabeth and John would go clothes shopping together and what kind of goofy fun they could get into
                            52. Seeing an ad for Christmas pajamas with candy canes on them makes you think about Sparky and gives you a smutty plot bunny.
                            53. Upon getting a Wii for Christmas you and your hubby look at each other and say, at the same time, "We can make John and Elizabeth Mii's"
                            54. You go to Disneyland, and while watching the Christmas fireworks show, they start playing 'I'll Be Home For Christmas,' and you think about how John and Lizzie won't be together for Christmas.
                            55. You and your fellow Sparkies come up with themes for every day of the week on what to discuss/fic/picspam about John and Elizabeth.
                            56. When getting ready for a night out a karaoke, you look at the Sparky Song List and pick songs from there to sing.
                            57. When your friends know your obsession enough to give you an absolutely amazing drawing of John and Elizabeth (that kissing manip I did) for a Christmas present.
                            58. And when you scream (really) and sink to the floor in happiness when you open said present.
                            59. You check the thread at least once every hour, eagerly awaiting the moment when the thread hits a new post milestone.
                            60. You sing "Something to Talk About" at karaoke and almost start to giggle at the line "Stand just a little too close" because it makes you think of Sparky (well...I wanted to giggle at pretty much the whole song...)
                            61. All this talk about blizzards and getting snowed in makes you want to read/write some fic about John and Lizzie cooped up in a cozy cabin during a snow storm.
                            62. You name the various components of your computer setup for Atlantis and Sparky.
                            63. Even baking chocolate/peanut butter cookies reminds you of Sparky.
                            64. You've got a cold and all you can think of is how John would pamper Lizzie whenever she gets sick.
                            65. You come onto the Sparky thread and growl when you find that the thread has been pushed back to PAGE TWO?!?!
                            66. When you can't wait to check the thread on Christmas and wish your fellow Sparkies a Merry Sparky Christmas
                            67. When yous pend hours on YIM chatting about Sparky and fic writing with your fellow shippers.
                            68. When you raise a toast to Sparky on New Year's Eve.
                            69. The Sparky thread is discussing Lifeline and its references to The Matrix films, and when a cable channel airs the entire Matrix trilogy the next day, you have to watch the entire frakin' thing just to see if there were any references you missed.
                            70. ...When you watch the opening sequence of the new star trek movie and you wonder if John Sheppard would sacrifice himself for Elizabeth and their son like George Kirk did for Winona and James.

71. When you are unable to watch the new Disney movie 'Princess and the Frog' or 'The Little Mermaid 2' without being reminded of Sparky.

(I have an adorable four year old cousin and she likes watching movies.)

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Heheheheh...

Eeek! I'm with Fionnait; accidents are scary!

Indeed it does.
                            And since we're Sparky shippers, everything that relates to us ultimately relates to Sparky in some form or fashion. Yeah... suuuure... that makes sense.

ENJOY!
                            I know I reviewed, but I loved it!
                            sigpic
                            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Why didn't I think of that. But my hair isn't red enough to qualify as truly Sparky. Plus it's a combo of red/blonde/brown. But it does stick up in the mornings. So maybe I'll call it Sheppard Red.

ENJOY!
                              Sparky Christmas FTW!
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

ENJOY!
                                EEEEEEEEEE!
                                Spoiler:
                                SEDGE ON ATLANTIS!!!!! *runs around flailing and squeeing in epic glee* That's so awesome!

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                                71. When you are unable to watch the new Disney movie 'Princess and the Frog' or 'The Little Mermaid 2' without being reminded of Sparky.

(I have an adorable four year old cousin and she likes watching movies.)
                                Awwwww!

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                                Indeed it does.
                                And since we're Sparky shippers, everything that relates to us ultimately relates to Sparky in some form or fashion. Yeah... suuuure... that makes sense.
                                But of course it makes sense! :d

Why didn't I think of that. But my hair isn't red enough to qualify as truly Sparky. Plus it's a combo of red/blonde/brown. But it does stick up in the mornings. So maybe I'll call it Sheppard Red.
                                My hair does the same stick-up-in-the-morning thing. And considering it's waist-length, that's a pretty neat trick. Hmm, I wonder if that means I've got some alien mutant gene just like John?

Comment

Working...
                                X