Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    I know Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton. I know some of their songs. Dolly Parton has a strange voice.lol I like the voice of Alison Krauss.
    And I know Patsy Cline. I think I can sing "Crazy". I learnt this song in school. I didn't know that it was country song. Can someone gives me some titles of her songs please?
    Sorry but I don't really like Marty Robbins.
    It's a little hard to judge a singer. Maybe I listened the wrong songs.

I found "Sugarland" very strange.lol

I still love the voice of Brad Paisley. Love the song and love his blue guitar.lol
    David Nail: again a hot guy.lol I have the impression to know this song but not by him. Like it.

I hope I don't hurt someone with my opinions in each song. Don't forget, It's just my opinion.
    We are going to beat you until you say you like all the songs we do. LOL

And Sugarland is strange. It's part of their charm. But listen to What I'd Give and don't think about John Sheppard. I dare you.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      hey erin 87 are u ever going to do in-depth shippy review of lifeline like u did adrift?
      I think that's me, and yes. I'm working on it slowly. I'm afraid when I do the recaps, it takes me a few hours, so I can only do them when I have time at lunch. Lately I haven't had any time at lunch, during the day, or at night. I haven't even had time to watch Grace Under Pressure for the Sparky Snark recap.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
      SK Here, have some sparky scotch With the hugging, my ma's family is from Tennessee (hence my devotion to the Vols) so they like to hug. My pops is from the South Side of Chicago, so hugging was a chance to get shanked. I guess I get the dislike of hugging from him.

I guess my taste in country runs a bit older, like Reba, Dolly, George Strait, and Hank Williams. I think Johnny Cash is country, but with a strong R&B influence.

RA I like Mandy, RA make me think of back in college.

Somebody asked what music Lizzie liked, I can think of three scenarios:
      1.) Lizzie likes "girly" music from her generation. (I think Lizzie was supposed to be mid-thirties.)
      2.) Lizzie like showtunes and is a "Time Warp" national champoin
      3.) Lizzie picks up her Fender Strat and can play every song by: AC/DC, Led Zepplin, Van Halen, Chuck Berry, Eddie Cochran, Buddy Holly, Ted Nugent, ZZ Top, Joan Jett, and Eric Clapton.
      You forgot one...

4.) Lizzie likes classical music. Boring, perhaps, but it fits in with the 'literary quoting/PH.D holding/artifact collecting/non-sports liking' part of her persona.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Weather report: cloudy and 54F. The high yesterday wasn't even 70. I had to pull out socks. And it's beginning to look like fall.

I can see John teasing her about liking "hair" bands. Plot bunnies tend to multiply, don't they?

This 'ol country girl doesn't really like Alan Jackson's "Itty Bitty"either. Try Remember When and for a different sound Small Town Southern Man. The last one reminds me of my dad and makes me cry.

Now, I don't know about anyone else but the only one in that list I've ever heard of is Patty Loveless and she's great. Check out I Try To Think About Elvis. That one is just fun country.
      Mmmm...it's mid-50s for the low here. I AM SO HAPPY.

Sorry I can't participate in the discussion on country music, but I am not a country fan. I like Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Willie Nelson (old school country, I guess) but I'm not a modern country fan. I don't dislike it, I just don't really listen to it.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I see your all talking about country, don´t forget Alison Krauss I think she is wonderful and has one of the best vocices I have ever heard I love listening to her even though most of the songs that she sings are about heartbreak, lost love and all that. I own all her CD´s, I´m a big fan of her and I would love to go to a concert with her and her band Union Station.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          I think that's me, and yes. I'm working on it slowly. I'm afraid when I do the recaps, it takes me a few hours, so I can only do them when I have time at lunch. Lately I haven't had any time at lunch, during the day, or at night. I haven't even had time to watch Grace Under Pressure for the Sparky Snark recap.

You forgot one...

4.) Lizzie likes classical music. Boring, perhaps, but it fits in with the 'literary quoting/PH.D holding/artifact collecting/non-sports liking' part of her persona.

Sorry I can't participate in the discussion on country music, but I am not a country fan. I like Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Willie Nelson (old school country, I guess) but I'm not a modern country fan. I don't dislike it, I just don't really listen to it.
          I like the old stuff too. In fact my favorite music channel on cable is the classic country one. What I don't like right now is the bunch of teenage girls who are trying to sound country. Some songs are okay but I just turn it off when they play Taylor Swift or any of the others whose names I can't think of. Sorry younguns, but just no. To sing country you mostly have to sound like you have actually lived. *waves cane*

And now I'm off to chase that angsty plot bunny that attacked me on the treadmill this morning.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            We are going to beat you until you say you like all the songs we do. LOL
            And Sugarland is strange. It's part of their charm. But listen to What I'd Give and don't think about John Sheppard. I dare you.
            Sorry I wasn't clear. I LIKE ALL THE SONGS! lol
            I wil listen the Sugarland's song later....and I'm sure I will like it. Don't beat me please *cry*lol

You forgot one...

I just realized that I don't really know Johnny Cash except his songs "Hurt" and "Solitary man".
            I found some songs great but I'm still a fan of Rock and soul music.

Originally posted by emerald_day View Post
            I see your all talking about country, don´t forget Alison Krauss I think she is wonderful and has one of the best vocices I have ever heard I love listening to her even though most of the songs that she sings are about heartbreak, lost love and all that. I own all her CD´s, I´m a big fan of her and I would love to go to a concert with her and her band Union Station.
            Yes she has a great voice.

Taylor Swift? It's the girl who was humiliated by Kanye West no? I don't know her. I just listened one of her songs and my question is "What we call country music?" It's not really country Taylor Swift. Maybe I'm wrong.
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

my sister says Taylor Swift's songs make her sound like white trash....I just think they're too cutesy....although Picture to Burn isn't too bad

I love country, I love rock, I love pop (tbh I love it all!) but what I don't love are the so-called "crossover" artists....no need to be greedy, for cryin' out loud!
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

So much talk of country music, I forgot to mention one of my all time favs; Alabama. Randy Owen is an alumni of the same fraternity as me (different chapter/schools though) and I got to meet him. He's a really nice guy, I joked around and asked him to sing "Rocky Top" and he just started laughing, since he's an Crimson Tide fan. Some songs I like: "I'm in a Hurry" [one of my fraternity's anthems], "Dixieland Delight", "Song of the South", and "High Cotton." They're not really sparky, but I wouldn't mind if Lizzie was my Dixieland delight

Probie and DrewI really like Pasty Cline too. *High five homies* Martina McBride is ok, I really like her cover of "Hit Me with Your Best Shot" (and boy would I ) I used to like Alan Jackson until he mangled "Summertime Blues." I like Willie Nelson alot. Even though they're more a country rock band, I like Lynryd Skynryd. Some good tunes: "Tuesday's Gone", "Simple Man", and "Gimmie' Three Steps".

SR and DrewI can see John poking fun at Lizzie and hair metal. Heh, he goes to her quarters to drop a report or something and catches on her Strat playing "Talk Dirty to Me." Gutter-ness ensues.

ETA:Eri I actually like old school country alot better. I really like everyone you mentioned. I like Reba and Dolly, mostly their older stuff that was still country. Reba seems to be walking the line nowadays between country and pop. Taylor Swift, eh. She's really pretty, that's about it.
                Last edited by pkprd869; 30 September 2009, 06:54 AM.
                "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Sorry I wasn't clear. I LIKE ALL THE SONGS! lol
                  I wil listen the Sugarland's song later....and I'm sure I will like it. Don't beat me please *cry*lol

I just realized that I don't really know Johnny Cash except his songs "Hurt" and "Solitary man".
                  I found some songs great but I'm still a fan of Rock and soul music.

Yes she has a great voice.

Taylor Swift? It's the girl who was humiliated by Kanye West no? I don't know her. I just listened one of her songs and my question is "What we call country music?" It's not really country Taylor Swift. Maybe I'm wrong.
                  AH! I do love me some Johnny Cash. He has a beautiful voice--lovely bass. I have a special fondness for "Folsom Prison Blues" now because it's one my nephew learned to sing when he was only 2.

So much talk of country music, I forgot to mention one of my all time favs; Alabama. Randy Owen is an alumni of the same fraternity as me (different chapter/schools though) and I got to meet him. He's a really nice guy, I joked around and asked him to sing "Rocky Top" and he just started laughing, since he's an Crimson Tide fan. Some songs I like: "I'm in a Hurry" [one of my fraternity's anthems], "Dixieland Delight", "Song of the South", and "High Cotton." They're not really sparky, but I wouldn't mind if Lizzie was my Dixieland delight

Probie and DrewI really like Pasty Cline too. *High five homies* Martina McBride is ok, I really like her cover of "Hit Me with Your Best Shot" (and boy would I ) I used to like Alan Jackson until he mangled "Summertime Blues." I like Willie Nelson alot. Even though they're more a country rock band, I like Lynryd Skynryd. Some good tunes: "Tuesday's Gone", "Simple Man", and "Gimmie' Three Steps".

SR I can see John poking fun at Lizzie and hair metal. Heh, he goes to her quarters to drop a report or something and catches on her Strat playing "Talk Dirty to Me." Gutter-ness ensues.
                  Alabama! Now that's my kinda country! I used to listen to my parents' LPs of them all the time.

*all the young people go "LP? What's an LP?"* *joins SR in cane waving*

Love Lynryd Skynryd too. :

Comment

AH! I do love me some Johnny Cash. He has a beautiful voice--lovely bass. I have a special fondness for "Folsom Prison Blues" now because it's one my nephew learned to sing when he was only 2.

Alabama! Now that's my kinda country! I used to listen to my parents' LPs of them all the time.

*all the young people go "LP? What's an LP?"* *joins SR in cane waving*

Love Lynryd Skynryd too. :
                    Hah, I still know what LP's are. I actually like my parents old ones of Zep, Black Sabbath, Styx, etc. My dad had some EP's (how's that one) and... Eight track player. Man I used to love listening to his Aerosmith eight tracks while working in the garage.

Comment

Hah, I still know what LP's are. I actually like my parents old ones of Zep, Black Sabbath, Styx, etc. My dad had some EP's (how's that one) and... Eight track player. Man I used to love listening to his Aerosmith eight tracks while working in the garage.
                      My Dad has an 8-track of the original Star Wars soundtrack. How's that for classic? I need to dust it off and see if it's worth anything.

My parents records are great, but I'm afraid they're ruined now because they've been in our attic for years. But they had all KINDS of good stuff: Stones, Aerosmith, Beatles, Zeppelin, Captain and Tenneille, Cheech & Chong, Julio Iglesias, tons of Christmas albums--you name it.

Comment

Pkprd ah another plot bunny! (and I LOVE "Talk Dirty to Me"....love love love Poison!)

Eri, I know what an LP is too! and my first stereo was my dad's...complete with turntable and 8 track player (with a tape adapter)...I listened to his Led Zepplin records CONSTANTLY and more or less destroyed his Grease soundtrack (it was an 8 track) - this was all when I was in high school!
                        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                        sigpic

Comment

My Dad has an 8-track of the original Star Wars soundtrack. How's that for classic? I need to dust it off and see if it's worth anything.

My parents records are great, but I'm afraid they're ruined now because they've been in our attic for years. But they had all KINDS of good stuff: Stones, Aerosmith, Beatles, Zeppelin, Captain and Tenneille, Cheech & Chong, Julio Iglesias, tons of Christmas albums--you name it.
                          Captain and Tenneille, I don't know if great is the word I would use Ah the Cristmas albums... my folks have a Disney Christmas vinyl my sister still plays; continually during Christmas time. My dad and I would find stuff to do outside in freezing snow. A man can only handle so much "Sleigh Ride" with Mickey and the gang.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                          Pkprd ah another plot bunny! (and I LOVE "Talk Dirty to Me"....love love love Poison!)

Eri, I know what an LP is too! and my first stereo was my dad's...complete with turntable and 8 track player (with a tape adapter)...I listened to his Led Zepplin records CONSTANTLY and more or less destroyed his Grease soundtrack (it was an 8 track) - this was all when I was in high school!
                          Poison, one of the great hairmetal bands. I like 80's hairmetal more for that campy quality, but they are fun songs. And boy, I wouldn't mind if Lizzie wanted to talk dirty to me

Grease *runs for the hills* "Summer Nights" wasn't a bad tune. Now Grease 2 made me want to jump off said hill. The only thing that stopped me was Michelle Pfeiffer. She can actually sing.

Comment

Don't talk about Led Zep without me. I'm little excited when I talk about them so sorry if I will make stranges noises.lol
                            My brother was surprised when I said that I'm a biiiig fan of Led Zep. He was like "You are young but you listen old songs". I needed to correct him "I listen GOOD (little word for describe them I know) music and Led Zep are my heroes." Robert Plant has a fantastic voice and his screams are...wow.
                            Jimmy Page is...youhou. Yes I made strange noises. I can talk about them during hours.
                            Kashmir
                            I can't quit you baby
                            Babe I'm gonna leave you
                            They are my favorite...Ok I can't choose. I like all of them.

And Also love Rolling Stones (Paint it black), Styx (Renegade), Jimmy Hendrix, Queen....Yesterday It was Smashing Pumpkins (bullet with butterfly wings)

And I have a soft side. I can listen Al Green, Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye....
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Captain and Tenneille, I don't know if great is the word I would use Ah the Cristmas albums... my folks have a Disney Christmas vinyl my sister still plays; continually during Christmas time. My dad and I would find stuff to do outside in freezing snow. A man can only handle so much "Sleigh Ride" with Mickey and the gang.

Poison, one of the great hairmetal bands. I like 80's hairmetal more for that campy quality, but they are fun songs. And boy, I wouldn't mind if Lizzie wanted to talk dirty to me

Grease *runs for the hills* "Summer Nights" wasn't a bad tune. Now Grease 2 made me want to jump off said hill. The only thing that stopped me was Michelle Pfeiffer. She can actually sing.
                              I loved all the '80s hair metal bands...I have tapes still....Bon Jovi, Poison, Guns and Roses, Whitesnake (unfortunately I don't have a tape player). I had a HUGE Jon Bon Jovi poster hanging on my wall through most of high school
                              I watched Grease 2 all the time as a kid...looking back now, I'm not sure what my mother was thinking! Michelle Pfeiffer, straddling a ladder (not to mention that reproduction song...) *shakes head*

I bet Shep would mind Lizzie talking dirty to him, either..... *runs away from plot bunny* *shifty eyes* maybe it didn't see me. . .
                              sigpic

Comment

Hee...I guess C&T are more 'classic' than great. The songs of theirs I know are the songs we all know if we know them. The best Christmas album we have is "An Andy Williams Christmas". If you want to hear Silver Bells done right, that there's the man to do it.

I like some hairmetal, but being a Metallica/Judas Priest/Rush fan most of the 80's stuff kinda rubs me the wrong way cuz it went way too pop. Def Leoppard was my first album purchased with my own money when I was a kid, though.

Don't talk about Led Zep without me. I'm little excited when I talk about them so sorry if I will make stranges noises.lol
                                My brother was surprised when I said that I'm a biiiig fan of Led Zep. He was like "You are young but you listen old songs". I needed to correct him "I listen GOOD (little word for describe them I know) music and Led Zep are my heroes." Robert Plant has a fantastic voice and his screams are...wow.
                                Jimmy Page is...youhou. Yes I made strange noises. I can talk about them during hours.
                                Kashmir
                                I can't quit you baby
                                Babe I'm gonna leave you
                                They are my favorite...Ok I can't choose. I like all of them.

And Also love Rolling Stones (Paint it black), Styx (Renegade), Jimmy Hendrix, Queen....Yesterday It was Smashing Pumpkins (bullet with butterfly wings)

And I have a soft side. I can listen Al Green, Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye....
                                Ah, Led Zeppellin. That is one of those bands that transcends ages. You can't call LZ old. They're timeless.

Kashmir is one of my favorites, though, I guess I'm just plain ol' mainstream because I love "Stairway to Heaven" best. Love me some Styx, too, though they're the kind where I have to be in the mood to listen to an entire album because they can change up. Kinda like Queen.

Comment

Working...
                                X