No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Batmother I was nearly snorting my morning coffee out my nose with those caps guys. LOVE em!!!

I shall try and find a few to add... or just write some more on my evil fic... teeheee!!!

Sidenote.. TGIF!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Yup. It's just the kind of goofy little incident that we can imagine happening at least six times a day in Atlantis.
      I could so see it happening... specially with the pretty little boxers with the aeroplanes on them! Which fits in with the TopGun theme they had crankin on the radio this morning and all I could think about was Shep....

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
        I could so see it happening... specially with the pretty little boxers with the aeroplanes on them! Which fits in with the TopGun theme they had crankin on the radio this morning and all I could think about was Shep....
        Hee! That bit about Top Gun made me think of "Maverick" and "Goose" and aviator call signs. We know that Mitchell's is "Shaft" (Cam "Shaft," get it? ), but I wonder what Sheppard's call sign would be...

Thoughts, anyone?
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Those thoughts would have to be PG now wouldn't they....damm. Oh ans thank god, the pink is finally gone!

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
          I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
          Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Hee! That bit about Top Gun made me think of "Maverick" and "Goose" and aviator call signs. We know that Mitchell's is "Shaft" (Cam "Shaft," get it? ), but I wonder what Sheppard's call sign would be...

Thoughts, anyone?
            OOO interesting thought... would he go for something whacky or something a little more... docile?

some that I came up with

" Sheep Dog" as is a shepperd sheep dog
            " Sheep" a Sheppard who watches the sheep

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
              I knew I had read about a laundry room scene somewhere. I heart that book for many reasons and that oepning scene is one of them.
              I heart that book too. Especially for this scene in the prologue:

Spoiler:
              ""And more than that-" Rising, Elizabeth leaned forward on the desk. "We balance each other out, you and I. We approach problems differently, and that's what allows us to arrive at the best course of action for Atlantis. Everything we've been through out here has been faced together. Don't ask me to bring in some new officer with no conception of that."
              They studied each other for an interminable time as she fervently hoped that she'd gotten through to him. More than anyone else, he'd been her anchor during her recent battle with the nanite infection, and she couldn't imagine taking on the unending challenges of life in the Pegasus Galaxy without his support. ...
              Reaching into his pocket, he withdrew a small object and placed in on her desk beside the envelope.
              Elizabeth stared at it, her resolve wilting. "John, please."
              Defeat resonated through his voice. "I really am sorry, Elizabeth."
              He didn't have any more words, and neither did she. Helplessly, she watched him leave her office, then reached down and traced a finger across the gleaming silver wings.
              After allowing herself a few moments to mourn the end of something she couldn't quite define..." And then it goes on from there.

*squee!* I love this prologue so much! *flails* Sparky angst!
              sigpic
              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Awwwwww :: snuffles ::

I'd forgotten that passage in that book.. it's two books ago...so I guess I haven't read it in nearly 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                  Those thoughts would have to be PG now wouldn't they....damm.
                  Yeah, pity that. Or at least, if it's something that would be reasonable on the show, it should be allowable here.

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                  Oh ans thank god, the pink is finally gone!
                  I know! I thought my poor eyes would never recover! Of course, we did get that funny conversation about John's boxers getting turned pink because he washed them in the same load as Lizzie's red shirts.

OOO interesting thought... would he go for something whacky or something a little more... docile?

some that I came up with

" Sheep Dog" as is a shepperd sheep dog
                  " Sheep" a Sheppard who watches the sheep
                  Well, the tradition is that the pilot never picks their own call sign, his (or her) fellow pilots do. Something a little teasing, with a funny story behind it, or a play on names are typical. "Sheep Dog" sounds like a good one!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                    I heart that book too. Especially for this scene in the prologue:

Spoiler:
                    ""And more than that-" Rising, Elizabeth leaned forward on the desk. "We balance each other out, you and I. We approach problems differently, and that's what allows us to arrive at the best course of action for Atlantis. Everything we've been through out here has been faced together. Don't ask me to bring in some new officer with no conception of that."
                    They studied each other for an interminable time as she fervently hoped that she'd gotten through to him. More than anyone else, he'd been her anchor during her recent battle with the nanite infection, and she couldn't imagine taking on the unending challenges of life in the Pegasus Galaxy without his support. ...
                    Reaching into his pocket, he withdrew a small object and placed in on her desk beside the envelope.
                    Elizabeth stared at it, her resolve wilting. "John, please."
                    Defeat resonated through his voice. "I really am sorry, Elizabeth."
                    He didn't have any more words, and neither did she. Helplessly, she watched him leave her office, then reached down and traced a finger across the gleaming silver wings.
                    After allowing herself a few moments to mourn the end of something she couldn't quite define..." And then it goes on from there.

*squee!* I love this prologue so much! *flails* Sparky angst!
                    I remember squeeing my head off at those bolded bits when I first read the book, too. That was some tasty Sparky awesomesauce.

Comment

You realise now I'm gonna have to read that bit when I get home tonight.... although SGA is on SciFi.. might have to read in the adds!

Comment

Thoughts, anyone?
                        I've thought about that too. Funny they never said. Just another lost John opportunity for character growth.

To make myself feel better.

Spoiler:
                        *squeaky voice* I mean it Elizabeth, let go right now before someone comes in.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

You realise now I'm gonna have to read that bit when I get home tonight.... although SGA is on SciFi.. might have to read in the adds!
                          Heeheehee!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          I've thought about that too. Funny they never said. Just another lost John opportunity for character growth.
                          I wonder if TPTW tried to justify it to themselves by saying, 'well, he's just a lowly helicopter pilot, he didn't fly fighters until he got into the Stargate program, so he doesn't get a call sign!'

That would suck.

Spoiler:
                          http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...omckay1092.jpg
                          Ahahahaha!!!!! Lizzie, you bad little girl! Go to your room with John and tie him to your bed and have your wicked way with him!

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I so needed that laugh.. thanks SR!

:: goes back to a craptastic work day... :: No chapter today unless by some miracle someone takes all this paperwork off my desk... work on a friday.. SHEESH!

Comment

I so needed that laugh.. thanks SR!

:: goes back to a craptastic work day... :: No chapter today unless by some miracle someone takes all this paperwork off my desk... work on a friday.. SHEESH!
                              *huggles and sends chocolate*

Comment

Awwww thankie! huggles and chocolates are always greatly appreciated

Comment

Working...
                                X