No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Flanigan once again proves how smart he is. This man has brains. Anyone who loves John's character should go have a watch.

And yes, it can be connected to Sparky.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      Joe Flanigan once again proves how smart he is. This man has brains. Anyone who loves John's character should go have a watch.

Not only proving how smart he is, but why he should be running Stargate instead of TPTW.

The hero's journey. Including finding and losing the love of his life, and the hope that he might find her again. Coming full circle, indeed. Sparky for the win.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

What does he say? I am too lazy to watch a vid.
        sigpic
        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

yeah me too way too lazy

Comment

Awww LOVE your sig there Reiko... Within Temptation fan as well???

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
              And I'0m too sick. Someone summarize?
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                Awwww thankie! huggles and chocolates are always greatly appreciated
                Here, this should make you perk up.

Spoiler:
                Yum 'Lizbeth, your hair smells like...chocolate? Rodney blew up his lab again. His chocolate stash met a cruel fate. *licks lips*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Not only proving how smart he is, but why he should be running Stargate instead of TPTW.

The hero's journey. Including finding and losing the love of his life, and the hope that he might find her again. Coming full circle, indeed. Sparky for the win.
                True, and that bit was at his very first con, I believe.

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                yeah me too way too lazy
                It's only a minute. Shoo.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                And I'0m too sick. Someone summarize?
                It will make you feel better. It's all about heroes and circles and coming home changed. Flanigan FTW!
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  I remember squeeing my head off at those bolded bits when I first read the book, too. That was some tasty Sparky awesomesauce.
                  I flailed during Casualties, but I flailed more in Mirror, Mirror. Talk about Sparky awesomeness!!!

Great interview! He said paradigm. Twice.
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    I flailed during Casualties, but I flailed more in Mirror, Mirror. Talk about Sparky awesomeness!!!

Hee. One of the first things I noticed about him was his good vocabulary. I guess I was used to actors sounding like they didn't have two brain cells to rub together. Joe was a refreshing surprise. OMG! I admire him for his mind.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Hee. One of the first things I noticed about him was his good vocabulary. I guess I was used to actors sounding like they didn't have two brain cells to rub together. Joe was a refreshing surprise. OMG! I admire him for his mind.
                      SMART IS SEXY. I love discovering my favorite actors are intelligent. I think there is a stigma that actors aren't, for some reason, but generally I think to be a good actor you need to be intelligent. I think a wide variety of people can 'act', but those who are intelligent are the ones whose performances truly shine through.
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

i just watch the video i did see some hint of sparky even if he didnt meant to be interepted that way.

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                          Awww LOVE your sig there Reiko... Within Temptation fan as well???
                          Yep. That's actually one of the older signatures. Mods thought my other ones were too big.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

I'll transcribe it in a sec.

Comment

Here you go. It's better when you hear him say it though.

"What you got is a circle, and the circle is the most universal symbol(?), and the most universal aspect is that a hero travels from his world outside into a foreign, unknown world. And he comes back as a changed person [inaudible], and I think every episode is like that. It follows one of the most tried and true paradigms of drama for storytelling, with the symbol of the circle, entering through the circle, going to a different world, being transformed by the world, coming back to our world, and being different as a result. Hopefully better, sometimes for the worse, but that is the heroic journey, and I think they have those elements and that is its lasting quality. As far as it's legacy, that's a good question. I couldn't even begin to answer that, but I think it's lasting quality is those elements. So, it's a classic universal paradigm."

Comment

Here you go. It's better when you hear him say it though.
                              Remember that he was a writer. So he understands storytelling. No wonder he was so frustrated later on.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Remember that he was a writer. So he understands storytelling. No wonder he was so frustrated later on.
                                He was a writer? That explained a lot.

Hello darlings. Here is your tired and sick sparky friend. No fever any more, but I'm still sore all over.
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X