Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Especially when he's using that soft, quiet voice that he only uses when he's asking her if she's okay. *melts*

And speaking of John and Elizabeth calling each other by their first names, SciFi had SG-1's The Pegasus Project on today, and they're calling each other by name in front of SG-1! They're very comfortable with being so personal in public in front of mere acquaintances.
    Like in 'the eye' and after Kolya goes through the gate and John saves her from getting taken and he asks if shes okay...and when he says 'I'm not aiming at her' *melts* or earlier where he says "You hurt her, I'll activate it. " The emotion in his voice when he says that one little word...*heart felt sigh* alright tomorrow I am rewatching those eps!!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Especially when he's using that soft, quiet voice that he only uses when he's asking her if she's okay. *melts*

And speaking of John and Elizabeth calling each other by their first names, SciFi had SG-1's The Pegasus Project on today, and they're calling each other by name in front of SG-1! They're very comfortable with being so personal in public in front of mere acquaintances.
      That's such a great episode, gotta love the crossover!

our SCIFI had The Real World on last night... I so love that ep, even Hubby (who is an anti-gate person) watched it and wanted to know what was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
        our SCIFI had The Real World on last night... I so love that ep, even Hubby (who is an anti-gate person) watched it and wanted to know what was going on.
        One of the best episodes. I have to admit I'm actually not a huge fan of the really sci-fi elements in scifi but I watch it for other things, like the characters. So whenever something character-centric like TRW popped up it sure was a treat. I think episodes like that catch non-viewer's eyes.

Also, if anyone hasn't seen it, there's a really cool Lego Puddlejumper in the Atlantis folder with an Elizabeth and John.

Comment

I actually have nothing helpful to add.Ionly wanted to see what my title would be changed to Umm, ahh, to keep this on topic: go sparky
          sigpic

Comment

It was worth it - thanks mods, you made me laugh
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
              One of the best episodes. I have to admit I'm actually not a huge fan of the really sci-fi elements in scifi but I watch it for other things, like the characters. So whenever something character-centric like TRW popped up it sure was a treat. I think episodes like that catch non-viewer's eyes.
              Yeah, it's like, "hey, the characters aren't just cardboard cutouts, they walk and talk and act like real people with real problems!" The scifi setting is just that: a setting. The icing on the cake. If you've done your job right in terms of character creation, you could take these characters and drop them into virtually any other setting, and they'd be the same people.

And you can with John and Elizabeth. Just look at all the AU fics out there, from the Wild West to the Renaissance, to undercover spies to magic and the paranormal. Sparky is universal.

Also, if anyone hasn't seen it, there's a really cool Lego Puddlejumper in the Atlantis folder with an Elizabeth and John.
              I second this. The LEGO PJ and figures totally kick butt. Hell, the jumper even fits through the damn Stargate!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yeah, it's like, "hey, the characters aren't just cardboard cutouts, they walk and talk and act like real people with real problems!" The scifi setting is just that: a setting. The icing on the cake. If you've done your job right in terms of character creation, you could take these characters and drop them into virtually any other setting, and they'd be the same people.

And you can with John and Elizabeth. Just look at all the AU fics out there, from the Wild West to the Renaissance, to undercover spies to magic and the paranormal. Sparky is universal.
                SciFi is just a setting, but I think it's sad because lots of people (me even) have had this stigma towards science fiction that it's spaceships and tech and busty alien women. Like Atlantis sorta became. But it's just a setting, and as SGA has proved multiple times is can indeed transcend genre stereotype.

I'm looking for character stories or awesome plots propelled by characters. Give me that and I'm happy.

Comment

I think an audio book for SGA featuring two actors would be great as well! Preferably Joe and Torri, of course.

I think we should start a petition. (:

It's never too early.
                  Hear! Hear! I'm completely up for that. Will write something to them soon.

I wholeheartedly agree on this one!!

Meanwhile.. been working on another chapter of TNSMC...

<snippie snippie for space>
                  And the final half of the chapter... work is quiet today and the muse is playing

<snippie snippie for space>
                  OMG!! The Angst!! The Angst!!
                  I love it!!
                  And I can't wait until the next chapter!!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Shall we take bets on when the first fight breaks out? I've got page 2.
                  Put me down for page 1... post 2 or 3

I know... it was so cute
                  But that just makes the whole 'Weir' calling situation in 'The Ark' make even less sense... *rolls eyes*

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                  It was worth it - thanks mods, you made me laugh
                  I got the same one

Sig by me

Comment

For me too. You can have an unbelievable situation, but you can't have unbelievable characters

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                    I got the same one
                    That's because we have a similar number of posts. But somehow you seem to have accumulated them in mere months, rather than the somewhat longer period it took me
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      That's because we have a similar number of posts. But somehow you seem to have accumulated them in mere months, rather than the somewhat longer period it took me
                      Hehe, true... I have been busy, haven't I?
                      But of course the posts you make are so much better... and much more hilarious

Sig by me

Comment

Do you have a link, maybe? Thanks!

Sig by me

Comment

Hear! Hear! I'm completely up for that. Will write something to them soon.

OMG!! The Angst!! The Angst!!
                          I love it!!
                          And I can't wait until the next chapter!!
                          Ta for the comments! My muse is yours to command (since this is still YOUR fic.. I just write it)... where do you want it to go next???

Comment

Sidenote.. whats with the pink background... also April Fools I take it?

Comment

I much prefer the blue-screen-of-death/limbo to the pink one I am currently seeing while posting, but I guess it fits with what I am about to say:

Spoiler:
                              This occured to me while I was watching a sparky vid (also, why isn't the thread renamed to the sparky thread??). In this sequence of shots (from Lifeline, when Shep & Dex leave the jumper the first time, is he blowing her a kiss here?

Spoiler:

I recommend watching the ep, as it isn't all that obvious in those shots. Or at all

To make this more like my regular posts, I resort to this:

E: I've just been on a date with Colonel Caldwell. He's an excellent kisser
                              J: If that's even a little bit true, he's a dead man
                              Last edited by gateraid; 25 April 2009, 05:54 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hehe, true... I have been busy, haven't I?
                                But of course the posts you make are so much better... and much more hilarious
                                As I've said before, it's all personal taste I'd much rather be able to write one of your stories/fics of course, if i means that SK's rather enthusiastic bunny leaves me alone, then maybe that isn't a bad thing
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X