Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

It will make you feel better. It's all about heroes and circles and coming home changed. Flanigan FTW!
    Watched. Smart guy indeed.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies!

*hugs Anuna* Good to see you up and about! *more hugs and sends juices and teas*

Hee. One of the first things I noticed about him was his good vocabulary. I guess I was used to actors sounding like they didn't have two brain cells to rub together. Joe was a refreshing surprise. OMG! I admire him for his mind.
      Word!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      SMART IS SEXY. I love discovering my favorite actors are intelligent. I think there is a stigma that actors aren't, for some reason, but generally I think to be a good actor you need to be intelligent. I think a wide variety of people can 'act', but those who are intelligent are the ones whose performances truly shine through.
      Wordy word!

Remember that he was a writer. So he understands storytelling. No wonder he was so frustrated later on.
      Word to the wordy word!

Joe really is an actor's actor. He has a very keen understanding of the acting process. The old adage in acting circles, "What's my motivation?" is clearly something that drives his approach to bringing characters to life. And as a result, getting a detailed story from the script is an important part a successful performance. Thus, when the actors don't get that kind of direction, it can really impede their ability to do their jobs well. Good actors, like Joe, can fill in the blanks for themselves, but having better guidance from the script and writers and directors can help to keep the story consistent between all the characters at once and thus all the actors are on the same page and everyone's working toward the same goal. Joe understands that. And that's what would have made him a far better showrunner for SGA than any of those who officially held that position.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Joe really is an actor's actor. He has a very keen understanding of the acting process. The old adage in acting circles, "What's my motivation?" is clearly something that drives his approach to bringing characters to life. And as a result, getting a detailed story from the script is an important part a successful performance. Thus, when the actors don't get that kind of direction, it can really impede their ability to do their jobs well. Good actors, like Joe, can fill in the blanks for themselves, but having better guidance from the script and writers and directors can help to keep the story consistent between all the characters at once and thus all the actors are on the same page and everyone's working toward the same goal. Joe understands that. And that's what would have made him a far better showrunner for SGA than any of those who officially held that position.
        The mere fact that he can find a paradigm in the mishmash that was SGA would make him 100 times better showrunner than the people we had for showrunners.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies!

*hugs Anuna* Good to see you up and about! *more hugs and sends juices and teas*

Word!

Wordy word!

Word to the wordy word!

Wordity word to infinity.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          The mere fact that he can find a paradigm in the mishmash that was SGA would make him 100 times better showrunner than the people we had for showrunners.
          Heck, the fact that he can pronounce paradigm makes him better than those guys. And I'm willing to bet he even knows what it means.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

It's me again. I just posted the finished expanded War and Peace fic. Hope it pleases. I'll put it on LJ later. The italics on Command Dynamics isn't very obvious.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

im reading ur war and peace fic and its very good SR. Just as good as ur Pic Spam.

Comment

i never knew Joe was a writer. i need on SGA he gave them Story ideas but i never knew that he was a writer.

Comment

what the heck does paradigm mean?

Comment

Heck, the fact that he can pronounce paradigm makes him better than those guys. And I'm willing to bet he even knows what it means.
                    Bwahahaha!!!!!

It's me again. I just posted the finished expanded War and Peace fic. Hope it pleases. I'll put it on LJ later. The italics on Command Dynamics isn't very obvious.
                    *flails* YAY!!!!! Oh, that is wonderful! Just the right combination of angst and sweetness!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hey, everyone! Due to a bit of a scheduling conflict, I need to push the start time of tomorrow's post-a-thon back an hour. So we'll be watching Sateda at 3pm Pacific Time instead of our usual time of 2pm Pacific. Make a note on your calendars, and I'll see you then!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        Oooooh! Shep likes PINK!!!!! (now, there's a PROOF this fine man was trying to wash his laundry and certain red shirts together.... here's the result!)
                        I feel a plotbunny coming on

There was a brief scene like that at the beginning of the SGA novel Casualties of War (needless to say, it's one of the ones by Whitelaw and Christensen, and therefore has some great material for Elizabeth)... Sheppard, Teyla and Zelenka in the laundry room. John even had a pair of boxer shorts... with airplanes.
                        Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                        I heart that book too. Especially for this scene in the prologue:

Spoiler:
                        ""And more than that-" Rising, Elizabeth leaned forward on the desk. "We balance each other out, you and I. We approach problems differently, and that's what allows us to arrive at the best course of action for Atlantis. Everything we've been through out here has been faced together. Don't ask me to bring in some new officer with no conception of that."
                        They studied each other for an interminable time as she fervently hoped that she'd gotten through to him. More than anyone else, he'd been her anchor during her recent battle with the nanite infection, and she couldn't imagine taking on the unending challenges of life in the Pegasus Galaxy without his support. ...
                        Reaching into his pocket, he withdrew a small object and placed in on her desk beside the envelope.
                        Elizabeth stared at it, her resolve wilting. "John, please."
                        Defeat resonated through his voice. "I really am sorry, Elizabeth."
                        He didn't have any more words, and neither did she. Helplessly, she watched him leave her office, then reached down and traced a finger across the gleaming silver wings.
                        After allowing herself a few moments to mourn the end of something she couldn't quite define..." And then it goes on from there.

*squee!* I love this prologue so much! *flails* Sparky angst!
                        OMG!! I so have to get my hands on those books!!!!!!!!
                        Does anyone know if they sell them at barns & Nobles or anywhere else? Now that I'm in the US, I can hopefully get my hands on them.

Hee! That bit about Top Gun made me think of "Maverick" and "Goose" and aviator call signs. We know that Mitchell's is "Shaft" (Cam "Shaft," get it? ), but I wonder what Sheppard's call sign would be...

Thoughts, anyone?
                        I was thinking along the lines of 'Renegade' or 'Rebel' or something...

OMG!!! That's beautiful and the ending made me squee so hard
                        Thank you!!!

Sig by me

Comment

thats fine by me. 3pm 2pm doesnt matter. and this is my 600th post.

Comment

question is it every 200 posts that u get bumped uped a rank or whats the dealio with that?

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                              Does anyone know if they sell them at barns & Nobles or anywhere else? Now that I'm in the US, I can hopefully get my hands on them.
                              Do you know the postal zip code where you are? You can do a store inventory search on the Barnes & Noble website. Though I'll warn you, a number of people (myself included) have not been able to find the most recently released books in the stores, so we've had to order them. Casualties of War was the last SGA novel I was able to find in a store.

I was thinking along the lines of 'Renegade' or 'Rebel' or something...
                              Or maybe 'Hair Gel'.

Comment

I know Barnes & Nobles are supposed to have them. If you went to a big enough branch you could probably find them. My local ones have been kind of lacking in selection lately. I've had to order the last ones I've bought online b/c they've had zilch! But it's all good.
                                sigpic
                                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X