• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
    ok.. 5 mins short of an hour.. here's today's offering

Chapter 3 (or 4 to some)

Spoiler:
    She slept well that night, her mind quiet and her body relaxed for the first time in what seemed like forever. The early morning light of dawn cast her quarters in an orange/pink glow, highlighting the ancient architecture and the odd personal touch she had embellished her quarters with. She rolled over, content to sleep for another hour before getting up for her first appointment at 1000hours, when her body connected with something solf and yielding lying next to her.

" Mpppffhhh" The body mumbled incoherently, obviously still fast asleep and not wanting to be woken quite yet.

Her eyes snapped open this time, taking in the mass of unruly black hair peeking out from one of her blankets. For a moment she froze, wondering just how much she must have had to drink to completely forget sleeping with someone.. till she realised he was still fully clothed... and he was John Sheppard.

The memories came crashing back to her, shattering the early morning calm that had settled in her mind. The capture, her rescue, the endless meetings and interrogations, and the massage. OH.. the massage! She must have fallen asleep during it, considering she was still topless, but draped in a warm and comfortable blanket.

John must have felt her eyes on him and he cracked an eye open, peering at her over the small mountain of blankets and pillows.

" g'morning" He mumbled, watching the series of emotions flicker across Elizabeth's face one at a time as her mind obviously caught up with her current state of undress and the fact that she wasn't alone.

" Good Morning" She replied, her voice hoarse from sleeping. She seemed to be at a loss for words, her mouth opening and closing several times uselessly before she bothered even trying to form words.

" Don't worry, I behaved myself.. you feel asleep while I was giving you a back rub and I wanted to make sure you actually slept through the night" John explained easily, rolling onto his back and flinging the blanket back. He sat up and stretched, stretching his arms high above his head and rolling his shoulders.

Elizabeth sat up as well, dragging the blanket with her to remain covered before searching around for her top. She found it still rumpled on the bed covers, and John tactfully turned his back while she slipped it over her head.

" I take it you slept better?" He asked as she was once again fully dressed.

" Yeah.. thanks. The back rub really does work miracles. Scuse me... I need a shower" She gave him an honest smile, crossing the room to her bathroom before closing the door and running a hot shower. The hot water felt like heaven against her skin, focusing her mind and revitalising her body. 20 minutes later she emerged in a fresh set of clothes to find John had procured breakfast from somewhere and was now sitting quite happily munching his portion at her desk.

" You know you really shouldn't skip breakfast...." John admonished at her surprise, gesturing for her to come over and join him. She dragged a spare chair over and sat down opposite him, taking in the wafting aroma of fresh toast, juice and a bowl of cereal. Ok so it wasn't bacon and eggs in bed, but it was light, tasty and healthy, and she honestly appreciated the effort.

" Since when have you become my keeper?" She asked with a grin, adding some butter and jam to one of the slices of bread before pouring herself a cup of coffee.

" Since you got back.. and since you started talking about an 'US'" John quipped, scooping up the last of his cereal. " Besides, since the IOA and Rodney have been asking way too many questions and running far too many tests on you to be healthy, I thought you might appreciate some TLC" He added, slurping the last of the milk from his bowl and sipping his coffee.

His words rang true with Elizabeth, and she paused in eating her toast for a moment.

" I do appreciate it John, honest" She said with a smile, enjoying the attention he was lavishing apon her.

" well then it shall continue" John said with a florish, pinching a corner of her unfinished toast and popping it into his mouth.

" Hey!" She retorted as she tried to grab the toast back again.

" You snooze you loose! Besides.. if I'm doing all this TLC.. I gotta keep up my strength" he smirked, grinning foolishly at her. He honestly hadn't felt this carefree in a very long time and was quite enjoying it.

" Can I rescind that TLC comment if it means you're gonna flog my breakfast?" Elizabeth snarked, protectively holding her bowl of cereal close to her to protect it. She couldn't help but giggle at his antics, the bubbly sound music even to her own ears. How long had it been since she'd laughed?

Ten minutes later she had finished her breakfast and John had departed back to his own quarters for a shower and change of clothes before heading off to his first mission briefing. Elizabeth was due to spend another undoubtedly exhausting day with the IOA and the science teams, full of questions and being prodded with more scientific and medical equipment than she would ever care to lay eyes on again.

Six hours later she returned to her quarters feeling sore and sorry for herself, emotionally and physically drained from her ordeal. She flopped onto her bed, letting the firm mattress support her tired body as she closed her eyes for a few moments of peace and quiet. The questions with the IOA had acheived quite a bit, truth be told. She would officially be still listed as MIA back on Earth, since until they could come up with a permanent solution regarding her nanites she would never be able to set foot on her home planet again. To that end she would be working as the expeditions negotiator and translator, but forced to remain in the city at all times. These walls would become her prison until Rodney and Dr Keller could neutralise the nanites or remove them completely, and although it didn't bother her too much, she knew it would in the future.

A knock on her door and the swish of it opening before she could even open her mouth drew her attention away from her troubles and back to the present. John stood leaning against the doorframe, just enough to let the door slide closed behind him.

" Rough day?" He asked, taking in her expression and her utter.. floppiness.

" Yeah you could say that" She grumbled in reply, rising up on her elbow. " I can't ever leave Atlantis"

" Well that would suck... however it means you can't ever escape me" John quipped, unable to resist the urge to take a run-up then a flying leap to land beside her on the bed. She was nearly launched as the mattress recoiled, causing her to once again giggle at his antics.

" How come you always know how to make me laugh?" She asked between giggles.

" I dunno.. just do" He smirked, making a show of getting comfortable on her bed. " Although.. I wish this place had room service.. I would never leave then!"

" Room service.. pfft... although it is getting late.. is the Mess still serving dinner?" She questioned, nailing him with a semi-serious glare before pulling him up into a sitting position.

He glanced at his watch and nodded his head

" Should be... although dinner's already been served for two hours, so I'm not sure if Rodney's left anything" John mocked, getting to his feet and straightening his shirt. " After you Mi-Lady" he said with a deep bow, gesturing towards the door.

You wrote this in an hour? *iz jealous of your awesome writing skills*
    Really, another great chapter and I still love what you're doing with my plotbunnies. Keep it up and I can't wait to read more

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      You wrote this in an hour? *iz jealous of your awesome writing skills*
      Really, another great chapter and I still love what you're doing with my plotbunnies. Keep it up and I can't wait to read more

Yesm.. an hour... well just under give or take a few mins for spell checker, although I must admit the phone wasn't ringing and I wasn't really interrupted. I guess its a left over skill from university where you had to hammer out 5000 word essays in 3 days. Or better yet.. English at high school where the topic would be on the blackboard when you walked in.. and you had to hand a 4 page essay in by the end of class.

Hope I'm doing your plot bunnies justice!!!

:: Huggles GateRaid:: just cos I can.

Comment

Yesm.. an hour... well just under give or take a few mins for spell checker, although I must admit the phone wasn't ringing and I wasn't really interrupted. I guess its a left over skill from university where you had to hammer out 5000 word essays in 3 days. Or better yet.. English at high school where the topic would be on the blackboard when you walked in.. and you had to hand a 4 page essay in by the end of class.

Ah, that would explain a lot

And yes, you are doing them more than justice

Sig by me

Comment

Ah, that would explain a lot

And yes, you are doing them more than justice
          then that is all that matters.. do you have anywhere else you want me to take this fic???

Comment

Dangnabbit.. new plotbunny has lobbed.. anyone want to take care of this one for me?? Or at least babysit it until I complete KrisRussel's one?

Premise - what was Elizabeth's nightmare in Progeny?

Comment

then that is all that matters.. do you have anywhere else you want me to take this fic???
              hmmm, good question... definitely happy ending (life is depressing enough as it is) and slowly some more RST

Dangnabbit.. new plotbunny has lobbed.. anyone want to take care of this one for me?? Or at least babysit it until I complete KrisRussel's one?

Gonna have to watch the ep again before I can say if I can tackle the bunny... or babysit for that matter... will get back to you on that...

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                Just here to say that I'm back.

And I really enjoyed the fic rec, SK!

Have you guys seen the new SGU trailer? I think like what Anuna said ... it screams BSG.
                I saw it and agree. Didn't JM say it was a cross between BSG and Lost? The promo was very typical. They are trying to get your attention but telling you nothing. I will give it my usual 3 episode test. Then if I don't love it, I will stop watching. But under no circumstances am I getting involved in the fandom. Actually, that may make me like it more.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                Guys, I miss you so much. Hope you're all doing okay!
                (hugs) Doing okay for now. It's boring in fandom right now.

You're doing great. I love the slow Sparky build up. A lot of writers throw them together too soon.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                  ^snippety snip snip

You don't have to push them out for our sake - there are only a finite number of them. Although I haven't actually read the earlier ones, so you could always go round again if you like

Also, is Testament the one of yours that i read a few weeks ago? Coz that was friggin awesome!! no pressure
                  Yep, that was the one--thanks for the nice comments! It's getting there!

I am planning on The Ark tonight. I couldn't last night because I was so tired I was almost passing out at my friend's dinner table. One of those days where you go home, hit the bed, and literally are asleep when your head hits the pillow. I don't get a lot of those nights.

English majors unite! I always write a lot quite fast--editing is where I seriously slow down. With fanfiction in particular I have to go back and make sure the characters 'sound' proper and aren't just extensions of me. But editing is fun for me, cuz I'm weird like that.
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Alright, Testament chapters 9 & 10 are up. Chapter 9's been up for a week, but Chapter 10 was the one I was just mentioning to SK.

Testament Chapter 9
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

So, I'm watching the ep again... and by nightmare, do you mean what she saw during her mindprobe?

Sig by me

Comment

Oh my... that last scene just froze my blood... the way they zoom into Niam when he's floating in space is almost exactly the same
                        Spoiler:
                        as the way they zoom into Franibeth at the end of GitM as she was floating through space.
                        Sjeez, I got goosebumps all over...

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

(hugs) Doing okay for now. It's boring in fandom right now.
                          Means we should do something about it
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            Means we should do something about it
                            How about this? The funniest sorta Sparky vid of all time. Warning: Not work or kid friendly. But I think I may have wet myself.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies!

hmmm, good question... definitely happy ending (life is depressing enough as it is) and slowly some more RST
                              What KrisRussel said. Must have a happy ending!

Ooooh, there's an interesting question! I wonder if it was in a similar vein to John's nightmare, ie. sacrificing oneself for Atlantis/saving the expedition? *ponders*
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I saw it and agree. Didn't JM say it was a cross between BSG and Lost? The promo was very typical. They are trying to get your attention but telling you nothing. I will give it my usual 3 episode test. Then if I don't love it, I will stop watching.
                                Well, that'll cover the pilot; it's three episodes.

But under no circumstances am I getting involved in the fandom. Actually, that may make me like it more.
                                *snickers* Famous last words...
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X