X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SR, your fic are adorable! *melts*

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies!

For today's fic rec, I bring you a bit of quiet drama (but no angst!).

Seasons, by Robin. Atlantis in four seasons, seen through Elizabeth's eyes.

Happy reading!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Or boy-girl twins. Boy looks like John but with Lizzie's eyes, girl looks like Lizzie but with John's eyes. They both have the ATA gene (of course!) and their parents' knack for getting into trouble. Yeah, I've been thinking about this waaaay too much.

yeah, that combo would be really cute too *dreamz* can you imagine a little cute shep!boy with this sexy hair and liz beautiful green eyes ... *melts* ... that boy would have more chicks then old!shep

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies!

For today's fic rec, I bring you a bit of quiet drama (but no angst!).

Seasons, by Robin. Atlantis in four seasons, seen through Elizabeth's eyes.

Happy reading!
          Awww. So sweet.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Ooooh, I found a new fic for you all!

Life After Atlantis (Or Five Times John Writes a Song for Elizabeth, Plus One She Hasn't Heard), by Rayvin813. Parts 1-3 and Parts 4-6. AU, set well after Adrift/Lifeline. Music is the sweetest therapy for what ails John. Make sure you've got a fresh box of tissues handy, it's a tear-jerker. And it's also got a very happy ending.

Happy reading!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ooooh, I found a new fic for you all!

Life After Atlantis (Or Five Times John Writes a Song for Elizabeth, Plus One She Hasn't Heard), by Rayvin813. Parts 1-3 and Parts 4-6. AU, set well after Adrift/Lifeline. Music is the sweetest therapy for what ails John. Make sure you've got a fresh box of tissues handy, it's a tear-jerker. And it's also got a very happy ending.

Happy reading!
              That was amazing. Now this is the dream John has every night and why he looks so sad every day.*sobs*
              sigpic

Comment

Just want to say I'm stilol here, but I was shopping for new apartment yesterday. I have brand new TV, very big! Sparky will look yummy on it
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  This is for hopalong and any others who had yet to meet young Nicholas Sheppard. And I realized when rereading these that I changed the color of his eyes from green to hazel, but hey John's eyes look green most of the time. So there.

Spoiler:
                  “Come along Nicholas. Stop running in circles and let's go. Daddy is waiting to have lunch with us.”

Elizabeth Sheppard stopped in the middle of the corridor just outside the mess hall and put her hands on her hips. Her three year old son Nicholas stopped his spinning for a heartbeat until she started walking again. Deciding he could spin and move forward at the same time, Nick spread his arms and airplaned his way down the hallway. But as the door opened and he caught sight of his father, Nicholas went back to running. Only in a straight line this time.

“Daddy, daddy,” the small boy chanted as he sped across the room and threw himself across his father's lap.

John Sheppard pushed his chair back from the table where he was sitting with Ronon Dex and Teyla Emmagan and settled his young son on his lap.

“Big Nick, ready for some lunch?” He greeted the boy and smiled up at his wife.

“I told him if he eats a good lunch he can have a treat.” Elizabeth smiled at each of the occupants of the table in turn.

Ronon reached across and tweaked the boy's nose which made him giggle and bury his face in his father's shoulder. Teyla reached over and touched his face gently.

“Hello Nicholas, I am glad you can join us today.”

Nicholas smiled shyly at his Aunt Teyla and sat up straight on John's lap. Elizabeth looked over toward the serving line which had thinned out a bit. She put her hand on the back of her husband's head and leaned down to speak quietly to her son.

“Nicky, if you can sit here quietly with Uncle Ronon and Aunt Teyla, Dad and I will bring you some yummy soup.”

Nicholas frowned. “I don't want yummy soup Mommy.”

“No soup,” John said, “What's up Sport? I thought you loved soup.”

Nicholas shook his head vigorously. “Creamy. Want creamy.”

John and Elizabeth exchanged a puzzled look.

“You're gonna have to be a little more specific Big N,” John said, ruffling the boy's hair.

“Like you and Mommy in bed.”

John gulped and Elizabeth blushed. Teyla and Ronon sat very still and tried not to look at each other.

“You know like when you had chocolate on Mommy's tummy. Yummy, creamy. You said.” Nicholas pouted a bit thinking he was going to be deprived of what sounded like the perfect treat.

John winced and looked up at Elizabeth. “I thought he was asleep.”

“Yeah, well not so much evidently.”

And

Spoiler:
                  John Sheppard walked at a leisurely pace into the infirmary and looked around as if in search of someone.

“Oh hello Colonel,” Dr Carson Beckett greeted John with a casual glance as he removed the blood pressure cuff from the arm of Colonel Samantha Carter.

“There 'ya go Colonel, everything checks out. You are free to move about the city.”

Samantha slid down from her perch on the edge of an exam table and smiled. “Thanks Carson.”

John nodded at his former boss. “Welcome back to Atlantis Colonel. I think my wife is waiting to meet with you.”

Samantha's smile grew larger and before she could reply, a small boy rushed past her and almost bowled her over before crashing into John and grabbing him around one leg with both arms.

“Daddy, daddy!” The little bundle of energy shouted. “Uncle Carson said I was perfect.”

John raised one eyebrow at the doctor as he steadied his son with a hand on top of his unruly head.

Carson laughed. “I said you were in perfect health young Nicholas.”

A roll of the eyes and a grin from John told the other two adults he understood their carefully concealed mirth. John turned his young son toward the other colonel. “What do you say to Colonel Carter, big Nick?”

Nicholas thought for a moment and then remembered the lesson his mother had been trying to instill in his 3 year old mind every time he interrupted an adult conversation. Nick wasn't sure exactly what he had done wrong this time, but his father's hand on his shoulder was telling him that he had to say that thing his mother made him repeat so many times.

“Excuse me,” Nick said hopefully, turning a very familiar set of green eyes up to the blonde lady in front of him.

“It's okay Nicholas,” she replied. “I'm glad the doctor thinks you are perfect.” Her smile was warm and made Nick feel good.

John and Carson exchanged a look, but Nick wasn't finished.

“You know what?” he asked leaning slightly toward Samantha as if to share a secret.

“No, what?” she repeated.

“I have a little penis, but my daddy has a big penis.” Nicholas illustrated his point with hands spread apart to indicate an anatomical impossibility.

John gasped. Carson laughed out loud. And Sam did her best fish impersonation. Nicholas just looked confused.

Staring back and forth among the three adults, Nicholas decided he needed to further clarify his remarks. But first he pulled open the front of his junior set of gray BDU's very much like his father's and peered inside.

“But mommy said,” he insisted.

John's ability to move returned just as he felt the heat of embarrassment spread up his neck, and he scooped his son up in his arms and headed for the exit with Carson and Sam's laughter still ringing in his ears.

Well ... guess that's proof that kids say the darnedest things!!!! ROFLMHO, that was great!!! And thank you for that ... umm, delightful introduction to Nick, wanna see more!!!

They're totally hiding ZPMs. They started planning this when Earth started screwing them over. And when everything is in place... BOOM! Earth won't know what hit 'em!
                  Well, Woolsey definitely won't know what hit him ... literally!!!

I found a recipe that looks tasty... Rabbit Stew with Dumplings. Heeere, bunny bunny bunny... *evil grin*
                  Yeah ... bout that ... you do realize that those were empty threats??? (glances offscreen at evil fic bunny holding Ronan's stunner to my head ...) Ya know, just kiddin' and all that ... Yeah ... Hey, fic bunny, look! Shiny!!!

... Think he got the point ...

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  No, let the fic bunnies take over! You're extremely talented! Don't worry about well-written angst, that's perfectly okay. I just wanted the whole forum to perk up; sometimes I think we get bogged down into wishing things were another way with 'real world' people. I'm guilty of it sometimes. Humor is much more fun.
                  Well thank you for that, but honestly, like I said, I don't know where that came from!!! I love humor fics about these two to lighten the mood, but my problem is that my outgoing sense of humor is not the best ... but I'll definitely try ... Once can't hurt anything, can it??? (except for evil fic bunny ... glares at the rest and commands them into submission)

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    Just want to say I'm stilol here, but I was shopping for new apartment yesterday. I have brand new TV, very big! Sparky will look yummy on it
                    Whoohoo! Yay for big TV! I remember when I got my new widescreen TV last year and watched my SGA DVDs on it... it was such a difference compared to my 15-year-old 4:3 clunker. You'll love it!

Comment

Whoohoo! Yay for big TV! I remember when I got my new widescreen TV last year and watched my SGA DVDs on it... it was such a difference compared to my 15-year-old 4:3 clunker. You'll love it!
                      I bet I will! We also got lots of other things.... it was fun!
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        Well, Woolsey definitely won't know what hit him ... literally!!!
                        Whacked over the head with one of Teyla's bantos rods, stunner blast from Ronon...

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        Yeah ... bout that ... you do realize that those were empty threats??? (glances offscreen at evil fic bunny holding Ronan's stunner to my head ...) Ya know, just kiddin' and all that ... Yeah ... Hey, fic bunny, look! Shiny!!!

... Think he got the point ...
                        Heehee! But it's always good to let the bunnies know who's boss.

Comment

I bet I will! We also got lots of other things.... it was fun!
                          Shopping is always fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            This is for hopalong and any others who had yet to meet young Nicholas Sheppard. And I realized when rereading these that I changed the color of his eyes from green to hazel, but hey John's eyes look green most of the time. So there.

Spoiler:
                            “Come along Nicholas. Stop running in circles and let's go. Daddy is waiting to have lunch with us.”

Elizabeth Sheppard stopped in the middle of the corridor just outside the mess hall and put her hands on her hips. Her three year old son Nicholas stopped his spinning for a heartbeat until she started walking again. Deciding he could spin and move forward at the same time, Nick spread his arms and airplaned his way down the hallway. But as the door opened and he caught sight of his father, Nicholas went back to running. Only in a straight line this time.

“Daddy, daddy,” the small boy chanted as he sped across the room and threw himself across his father's lap.

John Sheppard pushed his chair back from the table where he was sitting with Ronon Dex and Teyla Emmagan and settled his young son on his lap.

“Big Nick, ready for some lunch?” He greeted the boy and smiled up at his wife.

“I told him if he eats a good lunch he can have a treat.” Elizabeth smiled at each of the occupants of the table in turn.

Ronon reached across and tweaked the boy's nose which made him giggle and bury his face in his father's shoulder. Teyla reached over and touched his face gently.

“Hello Nicholas, I am glad you can join us today.”

Nicholas smiled shyly at his Aunt Teyla and sat up straight on John's lap. Elizabeth looked over toward the serving line which had thinned out a bit. She put her hand on the back of her husband's head and leaned down to speak quietly to her son.

“Nicky, if you can sit here quietly with Uncle Ronon and Aunt Teyla, Dad and I will bring you some yummy soup.”

Nicholas frowned. “I don't want yummy soup Mommy.”

“No soup,” John said, “What's up Sport? I thought you loved soup.”

Nicholas shook his head vigorously. “Creamy. Want creamy.”

John and Elizabeth exchanged a puzzled look.

“You're gonna have to be a little more specific Big N,” John said, ruffling the boy's hair.

“Like you and Mommy in bed.”

John gulped and Elizabeth blushed. Teyla and Ronon sat very still and tried not to look at each other.

“You know like when you had chocolate on Mommy's tummy. Yummy, creamy. You said.” Nicholas pouted a bit thinking he was going to be deprived of what sounded like the perfect treat.

John winced and looked up at Elizabeth. “I thought he was asleep.”

“Yeah, well not so much evidently.”

And

Spoiler:
                            John Sheppard walked at a leisurely pace into the infirmary and looked around as if in search of someone.

“Oh hello Colonel,” Dr Carson Beckett greeted John with a casual glance as he removed the blood pressure cuff from the arm of Colonel Samantha Carter.

“There 'ya go Colonel, everything checks out. You are free to move about the city.”

Samantha slid down from her perch on the edge of an exam table and smiled. “Thanks Carson.”

John nodded at his former boss. “Welcome back to Atlantis Colonel. I think my wife is waiting to meet with you.”

Samantha's smile grew larger and before she could reply, a small boy rushed past her and almost bowled her over before crashing into John and grabbing him around one leg with both arms.

“Daddy, daddy!” The little bundle of energy shouted. “Uncle Carson said I was perfect.”

John raised one eyebrow at the doctor as he steadied his son with a hand on top of his unruly head.

Carson laughed. “I said you were in perfect health young Nicholas.”

A roll of the eyes and a grin from John told the other two adults he understood their carefully concealed mirth. John turned his young son toward the other colonel. “What do you say to Colonel Carter, big Nick?”

Nicholas thought for a moment and then remembered the lesson his mother had been trying to instill in his 3 year old mind every time he interrupted an adult conversation. Nick wasn't sure exactly what he had done wrong this time, but his father's hand on his shoulder was telling him that he had to say that thing his mother made him repeat so many times.

“Excuse me,” Nick said hopefully, turning a very familiar set of green eyes up to the blonde lady in front of him.

“It's okay Nicholas,” she replied. “I'm glad the doctor thinks you are perfect.” Her smile was warm and made Nick feel good.

John and Carson exchanged a look, but Nick wasn't finished.

“You know what?” he asked leaning slightly toward Samantha as if to share a secret.

“No, what?” she repeated.

“I have a little penis, but my daddy has a big penis.” Nicholas illustrated his point with hands spread apart to indicate an anatomical impossibility.

John gasped. Carson laughed out loud. And Sam did her best fish impersonation. Nicholas just looked confused.

Staring back and forth among the three adults, Nicholas decided he needed to further clarify his remarks. But first he pulled open the front of his junior set of gray BDU's very much like his father's and peered inside.

“But mommy said,” he insisted.

John's ability to move returned just as he felt the heat of embarrassment spread up his neck, and he scooped his son up in his arms and headed for the exit with Carson and Sam's laughter still ringing in his ears.

LOL! How cute! And embarrassing! And sooo cute! I loved it, thank you! I can so picture a son of John's acting like that.

Dropping off the next wallpaper/sig set

Wallpaper:

Sig:

Comment

Shopping can definitely brighten up your day. My favorite way to watch Sparky is on my HD monitor. Up close and personal. Our boy looks mighty fine in HD. I wish I could say the same for some people on other shows who shall remain nameless.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yay! I have a 72 inch in the living room, HD, and there is nothing better than watching movies and sporting events in HD on that thing. It's as good as a movie screen.
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X