Magnets solve everything

**runs out snickering**
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
      **peeks in quick and see post**

Magnets solve everything

**runs out snickering**
      Which gives me idea! Plot bunny to take: they're on earth and Jack is explaining how magnets (fishing, other notable things) have the power of solving everything. Jack tends to omit some glaringly obvious aspects of not!relationship of people listening to him... or is he? Make it a teamy goodnes fic with as many SG - 1 and SGA characters as you want.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

More plot bunnies to take? Anyway, if Atlantis reacts to John's ATA gene, what happens when kidlet Sheppard is bored of having a fit?

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          More plot bunnies to take? Anyway, if Atlantis reacts to John's ATA gene, what happens when kidlet Sheppard is bored of having a fit?
          Sounds like young Nicholas needs to come out of hiding. *pets bunny*
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Sounds like young Nicholas needs to come out of hiding. *pets bunny*
            I was hoping you were going to say that, I miss the little guy! He heeee. And I need cheering up.

Comment

Okay, I just wrote this really really fast. It's probably full of errors but should do a bit of cheering up.

Spoiler:
              Meltdown

“What the?” Rodney McKay looked up from his computer when the lights blinked and then blinked again.

“Radek!” McKay tapped his earpiece and called his colleague's name loudly as he headed for the door.

“It was not me, Rodney,” Zelenka answered promptly. “I'm as surprised as you are.”

Both men met in the corridor outside their respective labs and looked around as if searching for the cause of the power fluctuations that were still causing the lights to periodically dim and get brighter. Then as they started in the direction of the nearest transporter, a raucous alarm started to sound.

Pausing in confusion and exchanging a startled look, Radek and Rodney cried in unison, “That's the self destruct!” They rushed into the transporter , headed for the control tower and walked out into chaos. The lights were blinking rapidly now causing a near strobe effect, the alarm was still blaring and had been joined by the klaxon that usually announced an unscheduled offworld activation of the stargate. In the midst of all this the control technicians were working frantically to make it all stop.

John Sheppard rushed by nearly bowling McKay off his feet and accidently elbowing Zelenka in the side. “Sorry guys,” he shouted in passing, “emergency, gotta go.”

The two scientists looked through the glass walls into the office of the leader of the expedition where most of the activity seemed to be centered. Underneath the almost deafening noise they could detect a thinner higher sound. That of a small boy having a temper tantrum.

Nicholas Sheppard, aged 3 1/2, was standing in the center of his mother's office with his head thrown back howling for all he was worth. Now neither his mother nor father believed in coddling temperamental toddlers and ordinarily would have allowed their son to get his frustration out of his system, but Nicholas was a special case. Shortly after he was born when the common complaints of an infant involving food, clothing and comfort resulted in lights dimming and doors opening spontaneously or refusing to open at all, they had figured out that Nickie had inherited his dad's ATA gene and then some. Later when the boy had grown a bit and established some semblance of control over his reactions, things had settled down somewhat. But unfortunately as he grew, so did his power over the city. Atlantis seemed to react to his every mood swing, and right now she was pissed.

“I don't want a nap!” Nicholas sobbed, turning his big hazel eyes pleadingly up to his mother.

Elizabeth Weir picked up her son and held him as close as possible. Luckily he had exhausted himself and went limp in her arms. The thumb going into his mouth stopped the sirens and the release of tension from his small body restored the rest of the city to its former state of efficiency. Technicians relaxed their shoulders and began checking systems, running what they called the Nicholas diagnostic.

John, meanwhile, winded from his sprint up the stairs leaned over with his hands on his knees attempting to restore his breathing to normal.

Rodney and Radek paused by the door, hands on hips, and surveyed the scene.
              Elizabeth was rubbing circles on her son's back and swaying back and forth, hoping the crisis had passed. “He's just tired,” she whispered, giving the others an apologetic look.

“Yet refuses to take a nap,” McKay snarked. “Sheppard logic if I've ever seen it.” With a wave of a hand, he then turned and headed back the way he had come.

Zelenka gave both parents a tiny smile of understanding and followed his friend.

Recovered, John straightened and moved closer to his little family. “Poor little guy,” he said, placing a gentle hand on his son's head.

Nicholas's eyes had already closed and he was drooling a bit on his mom's shoulder.

“And poor mom.” John put the other hand on the back of his wife's neck and drew her closer. She leaned into him and shifted her now sleeping son a bit higher.

“One of these days he's going to activate the gate or fire up the city and send us into orbit,” Elizabeth warned.

“Maybe we should get the geeks to work on a kill switch,” John whispered next to her ear.

“Probably, but can we call it something else?”

Nicholas's eyes slowly opened and his tiny arms reached out for his father. “Daddy, don't wanna nap,” he began.

“Uh oh.”

sigpic

Comment

Okay, I just wrote this really really fast. It's probably full of errors but should do a bit of cheering up.

Spoiler:
                Meltdown

“What the?” Rodney McKay looked up from his computer when the lights blinked and then blinked again.

“Radek!” McKay tapped his earpiece and called his colleague's name loudly as he headed for the door.

“It was not me, Rodney,” Zelenka answered promptly. “I'm as surprised as you are.”

Both men met in the corridor outside their respective labs and looked around as if searching for the cause of the power fluctuations that were still causing the lights to periodically dim and get brighter. Then as they started in the direction of the nearest transporter, a raucous alarm started to sound.

Pausing in confusion and exchanging a startled look, Radek and Rodney cried in unison, “That's the self destruct!” They rushed into the transporter , headed for the control tower and walked out into chaos. The lights were blinking rapidly now causing a near strobe effect, the alarm was still blaring and had been joined by the klaxon that usually announced an unscheduled offworld activation of the stargate. In the midst of all this the control technicians were working frantically to make it all stop.

John Sheppard rushed by nearly bowling McKay off his feet and accidently elbowing Zelenka in the side. “Sorry guys,” he shouted in passing, “emergency, gotta go.”

The two scientists looked through the glass walls into the office of the leader of the expedition where most of the activity seemed to be centered. Underneath the almost deafening noise they could detect a thinner higher sound. That of a small boy having a temper tantrum.

Nicholas Sheppard, aged 3 1/2, was standing in the center of his mother's office with his head thrown back howling for all he was worth. Now neither his mother nor father believed in coddling temperamental toddlers and ordinarily would have allowed their son to get his frustration out of his system, but Nicholas was a special case. Shortly after he was born when the common complaints of an infant involving food, clothing and comfort resulted in lights dimming and doors opening spontaneously or refusing to open at all, they had figured out that Nickie had inherited his dad's ATA gene and then some. Later when the boy had grown a bit and established some semblance of control over his reactions, things had settled down somewhat. But unfortunately as he grew, so did his power over the city. Atlantis seemed to react to his every mood swing, and right now she was pissed.

“I don't want a nap!” Nicholas sobbed, turning his big hazel eyes pleadingly up to his mother.

Elizabeth Weir picked up her son and held him as close as possible. Luckily he had exhausted himself and went limp in her arms. The thumb going into his mouth stopped the sirens and the release of tension from his small body restored the rest of the city to its former state of efficiency. Technicians relaxed their shoulders and began checking systems, running what they called the Nicholas diagnostic.

John, meanwhile, winded from his sprint up the stairs leaned over with his hands on his knees attempting to restore his breathing to normal.

Elizabeth was rubbing circles on her son's back and swaying back and forth, hoping the crisis had passed. “He's just tired,” she whispered, giving the others an apologetic look.

“Yet refuses to take a nap,” McKay snarked. “Sheppard logic if I've ever seen it.” With a wave of a hand, he then turned and headed back the way he had come.

Zelenka gave both parents a tiny smile of understanding and followed his friend.

Recovered, John straightened and moved closer to his little family. “Poor little guy,” he said, placing a gentle hand on his son's head.

Nicholas's eyes had already closed and he was drooling a bit on his mom's shoulder.

“And poor mom.” John put the other hand on the back of his wife's neck and drew her closer. She leaned into him and shifted her now sleeping son a bit higher.

“One of these days he's going to activate the gate or fire up the city and send us into orbit,” Elizabeth warned.

“Maybe we should get the geeks to work on a kill switch,” John whispered next to her ear.

Nicholas's eyes slowly opened and his tiny arms reached out for his father. “Daddy, don't wanna nap,” he began.

“Uh oh.”

Aw, that was perfect! Poor parents indeed!

Imagine if they did this on the show - imagine the hilarity possibilities! They wouldn0t need the pre - adolescent humor, instead people would laugh because this is something most of us had experienced.

Nickie is adorable, of course and I loved the sparky tenderness.

And I'm so amused by kids saying they don't want a nap even when they're sleeping on their feet.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Meltdown

“Uh oh.”

I love the Nicholas stories!! Thanks for sharing another one!
                  sigpic

Comment

You wanted fluff? I gotcha fluff right here. I don't know what made me think of this but if you hated Harmony this scene might have saved it for you. Hopefully.

Spoiler:
                    Disharmony

“So you got offered King. Again.” Elizabeth Weir tapped her fingers a couple of times on her desk and looked over at her military commander.

Lt. Colonel John Sheppard was currently slouched in his chair and idly twiddling his thumbs. Sheppard glanced briefly at Dr. Rodney McKay who was seated next to him and currently smirking in his direction.

“Technically I guess you could put it that way. But let it be noted, I turned her down. Again.”

McKay snickered, earning a frown from both other people in the room.

“Do you have something to add,” Weir asked, turning her green gaze in Rodney's direction.

Rodney straightened a bit in his chair and pointedly refused to look at the man beside him.

“No.”

Elizabeth nodded and went back to reading the mission report on her laptop. “And it also says here that you apparently...” She paused for effect and peered closer at the document. “are now, correct me if I'm wrong, the rightful queen of this civilization.”

John squirmed noticeably. “That part is technically not true.” He pointed energetically. “I had to activate the pendant which in turn made it possible for the true queen to activate the...” His voice trailed off in a huge sigh.

Rodney rolled his eyes and stared at the ceiling.

“Dr. McKay,” Elizabeth was not amused. “Do you have a different version you'd like to share?”

McKay looked around as if in surprise and replied, “Well I guess if you want to get technical, he's really not the actual queen. He just made it possible for Harmony to fulfill her quest and become queen. But if you ask me...”

“Nobody asked you Rodney!”

“Well actually Elizabeth just did. She asked if I had a different version of the, ah, facts and I just wanted to clarify that, well you know, you're not the actual queen as in ruling and wearing a crown and all ...”

“Gentlemen please!” Elizabeth's voice was entering that dangerous level between pissed off and really pissed off, so both men shut up and looked at their shoes.

“Now this Princess Harmony who is now Queen. How did you end up escorting her on a quest to fulfill her destiny?” Elizabeth was reading from the report in a slow precise voice.

Silence.

“John?”

Still nothing.

“Her older, and might I add prettier, sister talked him into it.”

“Thanks McKay. You are ever so helpful.” John glared and crossed his arms.

Elizabeth's eyebrows rose to a new level.

John sighed, shrugged, uncrossed his arms, recrossed his legs and said, “She convinced me that it was in our best interest if we wanted to continue as trading partners. I was thinking about how much we need to keep them as allies, Elizabeth.”

Rodney had a sudden coughing fit that ended when Elizabeth gave him a piercing look.

“And then it says here, you were attacked by first a monster, then a band of Genii soldiers, but somehow you singlehandedly defeated the Genii and the monster and rescued the fair damsel.”

John and Rodney both nodded. “That sounds about right,” John said.

“And then we were honored as heroes, or at least I was, got a portrait painted and everything. Sheppard here fell out of favor and was relegated to the role of sidekick.” Rodney seemed really proud of himself.

John and Elizabeth stared at him unsmiling until he wound down.

“That will be all doctor.” Elizabeth waited for Rodney to leave her office, head down and in a hurry.

John straightened in his chair and waited for her to make eye contact once again before trying his best puppy dog eyes in desperation.

“So help me John Sheppard,” Elizabeth said, trying in vain to stop her lips from quivering a bit. “If I didn't know this girl was only 12 years old, you'd be sleeping alone for a month. At least.”

Fluffage! YAY! *happy dance*

I can sooo imagine Lizzie giving John and Rodney the Death Glare for that one! Heehee!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Meltdown

“Uh oh.”

*squees over Nicholas* Like father, like son, he's trouble! And we like him that way!

Imagine if they did this on the show - imagine the hilarity possibilities! They wouldn0t need the pre - adolescent humor, instead people would laugh because this is something most of us had experienced.

And I'm so amused by kids saying they don't want a nap even when they're sleeping on their feet.
                      And thus it would be far more realistic and satisfying to the audience than the silly and contrived stuff TPTW have slapped together over the yeras. Sparky!kidlets FTW!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                        I love the Nicholas stories!! Thanks for sharing another one!
                        Thanks guys. I have an inspiration. This is my young friend on whom Nicholas is based. We spent a week with him at the beach last summer. I'm in love.

Spoiler:

Playing pirate

sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys. I have an inspiration. This is my young friend on whom Nicholas is based. We spent a week with him at the beach last summer. I'm in love.

Spoiler:

Playing pirate

Awww! He looks like such a sweetie!

Spoiler:
                          *giggles at the second one* Can you just imagine Ronon or Teyla giving Nicholas early fighting lessons? (obviously, he'd probably be older than this, but still...) Heehee!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            *sobs* That's such a sad ending! Poor John! Poor Elizabeth!

I need to find me some Sparky fluff now!
                            I said angsty ... guess I wasn't kiddin. Gotta admit, that was pretty dark for me. Okay, been there, done that ... fluffy Sparky is on my menu now!!!

Ditto.

*flails* So sad and very well written. I love this line:

And John’s heart broke for the third time in two years.

But a part of me has to believe that he wouldn't be able to leave her yet again. Stupid writers.

I'm working on some fluff. Back later.
                            Yeah, me too. I still think Elizabeth is out there, somewhere. I mean, it was her consciousness in Fran's body; who's to say that the real Elizabeth isn't still out there???

At least, that's the way it is in here.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            No more sad stuff! *pounds thighs*

We need something fun and celebratory.
                            Agreed, and I hope everyone will forgive me for that ... it's out of my system now ... and believe me, I didn't think it was gonna turn out that way ... the evil fic bunnies overruled me ...

You wanted fluff? I gotcha fluff right here. I don't know what made me think of this but if you hated Harmony this scene might have saved it for you. Hopefully.

Spoiler:
                            Disharmony

“So you got offered King. Again.” Elizabeth Weir tapped her fingers a couple of times on her desk and looked over at her military commander.

Lt. Colonel John Sheppard was currently slouched in his chair and idly twiddling his thumbs. Sheppard glanced briefly at Dr. Rodney McKay who was seated next to him and currently smirking in his direction.

“Technically I guess you could put it that way. But let it be noted, I turned her down. Again.”

McKay snickered, earning a frown from both other people in the room.

“Do you have something to add,” Weir asked, turning her green gaze in Rodney's direction.

Rodney straightened a bit in his chair and pointedly refused to look at the man beside him.

“No.”

Elizabeth nodded and went back to reading the mission report on her laptop. “And it also says here that you apparently...” She paused for effect and peered closer at the document. “are now, correct me if I'm wrong, the rightful queen of this civilization.”

John squirmed noticeably. “That part is technically not true.” He pointed energetically. “I had to activate the pendant which in turn made it possible for the true queen to activate the...” His voice trailed off in a huge sigh.

Rodney rolled his eyes and stared at the ceiling.

“Dr. McKay,” Elizabeth was not amused. “Do you have a different version you'd like to share?”

McKay looked around as if in surprise and replied, “Well I guess if you want to get technical, he's really not the actual queen. He just made it possible for Harmony to fulfill her quest and become queen. But if you ask me...”

“Nobody asked you Rodney!”

“Well actually Elizabeth just did. She asked if I had a different version of the, ah, facts and I just wanted to clarify that, well you know, you're not the actual queen as in ruling and wearing a crown and all ...”

“Gentlemen please!” Elizabeth's voice was entering that dangerous level between pissed off and really pissed off, so both men shut up and looked at their shoes.

“Now this Princess Harmony who is now Queen. How did you end up escorting her on a quest to fulfill her destiny?” Elizabeth was reading from the report in a slow precise voice.

Silence.

“John?”

Still nothing.

“Her older, and might I add prettier, sister talked him into it.”

“Thanks McKay. You are ever so helpful.” John glared and crossed his arms.

Elizabeth's eyebrows rose to a new level.

John sighed, shrugged, uncrossed his arms, recrossed his legs and said, “She convinced me that it was in our best interest if we wanted to continue as trading partners. I was thinking about how much we need to keep them as allies, Elizabeth.”

Rodney had a sudden coughing fit that ended when Elizabeth gave him a piercing look.

“And then it says here, you were attacked by first a monster, then a band of Genii soldiers, but somehow you singlehandedly defeated the Genii and the monster and rescued the fair damsel.”

John and Rodney both nodded. “That sounds about right,” John said.

“And then we were honored as heroes, or at least I was, got a portrait painted and everything. Sheppard here fell out of favor and was relegated to the role of sidekick.” Rodney seemed really proud of himself.

John and Elizabeth stared at him unsmiling until he wound down.

“That will be all doctor.” Elizabeth waited for Rodney to leave her office, head down and in a hurry.

John straightened in his chair and waited for her to make eye contact once again before trying his best puppy dog eyes in desperation.

“So help me John Sheppard,” Elizabeth said, trying in vain to stop her lips from quivering a bit. “If I didn't know this girl was only 12 years old, you'd be sleeping alone for a month. At least.”

ROFL!!!! GREAT FIC, thanks so much, really enjoyed that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              I said angsty ... guess I wasn't kiddin. Gotta admit, that was pretty dark for me. Okay, been there, done that ... fluffy Sparky is on my menu now!!!
                              Mmmmm... I'd better go get some chocolate sauce...

Yeah, me too. I still think Elizabeth is out there, somewhere. I mean, it was her consciousness in Fran's body; who's to say that the real Elizabeth isn't still out there???

At least, that's the way it is in here.
                              I think that was the idea TPTW were trying to push; that it was her real consciousness, not just a copy of her memories, and therefore it was the real her.

Which means we know that John knows exactly where to go to get her back. Now they just need to plug in those spare ZPMs they've been hiding, whack Woosley over the head and toss him through the gate back to Earth, pick up Elizabeth and then move the city to a new planet.

Agreed, and I hope everyone will forgive me for that ... it's out of my system now ... and believe me, I didn't think it was gonna turn out that way ... the evil fic bunnies overruled me ...
                              Evil fic bunnies make for a tasty stew.

Hmm, must be dinnertime, I've got food on the brain.

Comment

A have a fun fic rec. It's not Sparky, but it's S2-S3 team with Elizabeth and Carson. (Plus a lot of puns.) The Law is an Ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X