• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woobie gif.

Spoiler:

Please wake up woobie face.

Spoiler:
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Post woobie 'Lizbeth too!!!

When he saw old!Elizabeth pass out...

That one breaks my heart every time. And the one below....

I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        You two just don't get it. That's TPTW's version of UST. Can't you just see the chemistry? It's alive! And it looks like Teyla hid her feelings quite well. coughKanaancough And in TLT John was asking about
        Spoiler:
        Larrin like a middle school student. I kept expecting him to send her a note.
        These writers have lost all credibility with all shipper groups I think.
        Isn't that used to describe something scary? Oh, wait...

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
        Wait guys I thought
        Spoiler:
        that it was all a hallucination, and that everything was in John's and Woosley's mind. Which if we do get some sort of mention of Elizabeth would be better because it would be John's mind bringing that up.

I AM NOT GETTING MY HOPES UP!!!!

*damn it*

LOL
        I'm not getting my hopes up. See below...

Well if that happens
        Spoiler:
        it will be a sure fire way to get people to realize that it's not real. It probably happens towards the end.

Yeah I don't think we'll get an Elizabeth mention, but I'm seriously trying to think what Koyla and John could talk about. They can't have 45 minutes of I hate you's/. Mmm okay so let's say Woosley gets half the episode and John get's the other half that is still 20 minutes of I hate you. The rest of the 5 minutes will be given to Ronon, Teyla and Rodney. So once again does Koyla just physically scar him cause that is BS. Emotional whump is so much better.
        I think you overestimated Ronon and Teyla. LOL

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        And
        Spoiler:
        there's another wrench in the works... Remnants was written by Mallozzi and Mullie. *headdesk*
        I officially have no expectations now.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        In fact, I just dropped Smallville for good after the last week. The TPTB came out and have all but destroyed my favorite character. I was no longer interested.
        I'm behind a few episodes, and really only watch for one character at this point. Please tell me they didn't destroy
        Spoiler:
        Chloe.

Is it wrong that woobie faces make me ?
        sigpic
        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Who says he's not still thinking about her? End of Inquisition. No real spoiler. What could he possibly be doing out there all alone?

Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

Who says he's not still thinking about her? End of Inquisition. No real spoiler. What could he possibly be doing out there all alone?

Spoiler:
            Good catch. After all, that is their balcony...
            sigpic
            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Spoiler:
              Aw, he misses her! You found a sparky moment! Congrats, SR!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                Aw, he misses her! You found a sparky moment! Congrats, SR!
                Hee...you know I'm good at that. If I can't find one, I'll make something up. But usually it's not hard. In this one the symbolism was just deafening.
                sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    I'm with SR on the woobie-face explanation, but here's my favorite woobie!John pic...

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...drift_0335.jpg
                    The woobie-face I think of when you girls are talking about it.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That is the woobie-face.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                        I'm behind a few episodes, and really only watch for one character at this point. Please tell me they didn't destroy
                        Spoiler:
                        Chloe.
                        Depends on what you consider 'destroyed'. But yep, that's my favorite character.

Spoiler:
                        For me, I always enjoyed the Chloe/Clark relationship, but they've really reduced it to rubble at this point. I like Lois quite a lot, but I hate what they've done with Chloe. It's only going to get worse since...

SUPER UPCOMING SPOILER
                        Spoiler:
                        they are having her marry Jimmy. Nothing against Jimmy, but I feel like they've just decimated everything that made Chloe cool. If she's not a reporter, not in love with Clark, a meteor freak and basically playing second-fiddle to Lois now, what's her point? She went from proto-Lois Lane to 'we don't know what to do with her but we have to do something to keep her around because the fans like her.'

I enjoyed her as "the watchtower" for Oliver, and I know she's going to have some cool upcoming moments when she gets...

SUPER DUPER UPCOMING SPOILER
                        Spoiler:
                        taken over by Brainiac. But it's not enough to keep me coming back. I'll read the plot synopsis and that's good enough for me.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        The woobie-face I think of when you girls are talking about it.
                        Yesh, that's the ultimate and definitive woobie face. *squishes JF*
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Spoiler:
                          You know that pic just made me realize that it was always John coming to Elizabeth on the balcony. Now John is there by himself....sort of like Elizabeth was. I don't ever remember prior to Elizabeth "dying" John being in the balcony, it was always an Elizabeth thing. I find it amusing that John has taken her place....maybe he talks to her at the end of the day about what happened.

Eri13 WORD about Smallville.
                          Spoiler:
                          I quit watching, and I've been watching since highchool. It was hard but it had to be done. I can't stand by watching my favorite character get destroyed. Chloe Sullivan was who I wanted to be like, she was just made of awesome, she is by far my favorite character EVER in the history of TV. I can't believe they are changing who she is because Lois Lane sucked and they needed to give everything that was what made Chloe to her. THEY DIDN'T EVEN MAKE IT BELIEVABLE. It's like lightswitches are going off and on. To tie this back to SGA and sparky. You guys should be somewhat comforted that SGA PTB are pushing in your face the ICONIC and ICONICNESS of Lois Lane. Seriously bad writing bad writing. There was no development. She just gets whatever because IT IS ICONIC. At least SGA PTB aren't pushing sheyla as obvious as Smallville PTB seem to be pushing the ICONIC that is Lois and Clark. The only reason they are together is because IT IS ICONIC, don't you get it we don't need relationship development because it is ICONIC. It's kind of like SGA and the off-screen character development.

Damn I hadn't realized I was that bitter. LOL. But guys it's been 8 YEARS OF SMALLVILLE. It's kind of hard not be feel like this, one would think that tptb would be loyal to the long time fans but alas they care more about the new fans. To that I say good day
                          Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 30 October 2008, 11:54 AM.
                          sigpic
                          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                            That is the woobie-face.
                            the woobie face of all woobie faces for evermore

You know that pic just made me realize that it was always John coming to Elizabeth on the balcony. Now John is there by himself....sort of like Elizabeth was. I don't ever remember prior to Elizabeth "dying" John being in the balcony, it was always an Elizabeth thing. I find it amusing that John has taken her place....maybe he talks to her at the end of the day about what happened.
                            I never thought about that, but you are so right. Now it's like he stands vigil out there. You know also John is such a chameleon. Spoiled for S4 and S5

Spoiler:
                            He adjusted remarkably well to Carter. Even in the balcony scenes with her, but something was always missing. Now it's Woolsey and I think with him being a man, it helps John to form a more personal relationship without the UST. Hee. But still something is missing. Neither Carter nor Woolsey will ever seem like anything but his boss. John will do the male bonding thing with Woolsey and with Carter the military thing was obvious, but they're not Elizabeth. There will never be the equality between them.
                            sigpic

Comment

That's a very romantic thought. I remeber some talks about im carrying her legacy, becoming quieter, listening more, talking less, which only shows how much she influenced him and how much she still matters to him.

Canon - wise, you can't say she's gone because she's a part of John now. I guess that is how all the great loves end, when one of the spouses dies and the other is still alive. The trace one left in another is just too big, it's a real presence. People leave something behind when they leave (one way or another) and in some way they're never gone, which is why SGA never got rid of Elizabeth. There's still too much of her in John and will always be.

And a ficlet along those lines.... I know some of you can't access LJ, so I'll post it under spoiler tags.

Set shortly after 'Lifeline'. John and his thoughts. First person narration. I did my best to capture John's voice, which wasn't easy for me since I'm not a native speaker.

Spoiler:

"Listen"

This place is… you know, weird. Different.

There are five moons, but you can only see two from the City. Maybe three. Not sure, I think Carter says it’s three. We haven’t been here long enough to know. I think you’d like that, ‘Lizbeth, the view of three moons from the balcony.

The stars here are nice, but you know… they’re kinda cold. I think our stars were better, the ones on Lantea. We had better view.

Crap, ‘Lizbeth. I’m not sure what I’m trying to say. I’m not good at profound, you know that… I thought I was, you know, useful here, good for something. I think I should have flipped that coin few more times, because, I screwed up big time. Again. Ain’t that great?

Tell me you’re surprised.

Tell me I’m wrong, tell me anything you want, but it shouldn’t have been you, damn it. It should have been me! I should… I was supposed to protect you! It was my job.

And what bugs me the most? I’m talking to myself here! How come you did this better? You’re the listener, not me, and now I’m the one they come to talk to, and I don’t know why, because, honestly I suck at the interpersonal thing. The Air Force really doesn’t train you for that… Not the pilots, at least.

You know, these stars are kind of pretty. I just… I wonder if they are even similar, wherever you are. And if you can see them. If you can see… anything.

Sh*t, Elizabeth. You have to be somewhere, because I don’t think I can do this... They come and they talk and I just… listen. You did that better - I’m not that smart; I have no ****ing clue what to say. So I just listen. Maybe I should have told you… so many times while you were here, but it was just… you’d tell me I was a fool. You probably would, it would never work, but I guess I’ll never know, eh? Maybe I should have told you what I thought of you. What I really thought of you, how I… feel.

Oh, fu*k, ‘Lizbeth! Damn it, why did you do it? I keep running the scene in my head and I just keep coming up with why? I was there, I could have done something, and Rodney could have done something. I could have pulled you out. Why didn’t you give me a chance? Damn it! This is your fault, you know?! Yes, it’s your fault. You know how much I hate… I hate this! Why did you do it? Of all the people, ‘Lizbeth… of all the people, I should have stayed there, that’s my job, not yours!

It should have been me. Not you.

But you know… I guess it’s true when people say less is more. I keep my mouth shut and people get to say things, smart things, and I get to hear them. Hear them. I should have listened more when you were around, maybe I’d be a bit… better at this by now, you know. ****. Way to go, Sheppard. I just wish… if I could be here with you, one more time, I’d listen. I would.

I would.

Because, you see, I think I figured it out. You started this, the Atlantis mission, and now I have to keep it going. It’s that legacy thing, right? That’s what you would say, right? Heck I can even imagine you there, you know…! That’s… that’s what I’ll do.

Because I kinda suck doing this alone. Please just… talk to me. I’ll listen. I will.

I tried to do some things TPTW obviously omitted - the loss, confusion, anger - yes, anger, longing. Wishing he could get her back, desperate hope he's afraid to hold onto. And the legacy, something, I believe, JF is carefully putting into his performance whenever the opportunity arises, because unlike the writers he seems to be aware that John should be portrayed like a person and not a caricature.

Comment

At least SGA PTB aren't pushing sheyla as obvious as Smallville PTB seem to be pushing the ICONIC that is Lois and Clark. The only reason they are together is because IT IS ICONIC, don't you get it we don't need relationship development because it is ICONIC.
                                Word to ICONIC. From an objective perspective from someone who is reading about the characters and just watched the first episode, I would definately define Shep/Teyla as Iconic because it resembles traditional centuries-old tales of male hero falling in love with exotic warrior female. Iconic -- or cliche? I don't know, I've always enjoyed non!iconic relationships, and Shep/Teyla is far too contrived and predictable for me. *shrug*

Comment

Working...
                                X