No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's that guy that died in the first two episodes...duh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
      Doesn't Dr. Weir have a husband or boyfriend (the guy who played Narim from the Tollan epis on SG-1) at home? I wonder if she realized how long she'd be gone from him and whether she knew she might develop feelings for someone on Atlantis?

I think Dr. Weir respects Major Sheppard (soon to be LTC Sheppard), and he sure respects her, but do you really think she could give up on her guy at home that easily? Dr. Weir also seems to try very hard to control her emotions, so maybe falling in love, to her would be a sign of weakness? What do you guys think?

IMO, I think maybe Maj. Sheppard and Teyla might have more in common and might hit it off better.
      "Letters from Pegasus"
      Spoiler:
      She already has. Simon is out of the picture — she told him rather emphatically in her message home that he should move on, and it wasn't tagged with "I'll always love you" or anything like that.
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
        Possible Spoiler Pic.

OK, sorry if i'm intensely dense, but who the heck is that? That's Weir, isn't it... and someone who's NOT Sheppard!?!??! :O

I couldn't find it in anywhere on actual GW, but it was just a header...

WHY IS IT NOT SHEP!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
        Fake spoiler, babe. In one of the behind the scenes things with the SG-1 Season 7 DVDs, they showed when that picture was taken — they yelled cut and someone said, "Now, kiss him!" So she did.

EDIT: Here's the pic:

Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
          That's that guy that died in the first two episodes...duh!!!
          Yeah that's what I was kind of thinking, but when the heck was he mackin with Weir... :|

Again, sorry if I should know all this... I havn't yet watched every Atlantis 500 times like I have Sg-1. But I will get there!
          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Aw, poor Narim.

Comment

Yeah that's what I was kind of thinking, but when the heck was he mackin with Weir... :|

Again, sorry if I should know all this... I havn't yet watched every Atlantis 500 times like I have Sg-1. But I will get there!
              Oh don't worry, it wasn't actually shown in the show. It was taken as a joke.

Comment

Elizabeth and Simon's relationship is explored further in an upcoming episode.

As for Sheppard/Teyla ship - some fans want it. Personally I find their 15+ year age difference just plain wrong (Teyla is early 20's and Shep is late 30's), plus his education and leadership experience puts him more even with Elizabeth's own education and leadership experiences (and she is approx. the same age as Shep).

Mentally Shep/Weir appear the better match. Now, if Shep just wants a hot bod, then go for it. But that would disappoint me. Shep seems like a character who wants more in a gal than just a great bod. And Elizabeth's physical attributes really aren't so bad either.

All this is my rambling opinion, of course.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                  Oh don't worry, it wasn't actually shown in the show. It was taken as a joke.
                  OK, THANK the lord! I was actually having a heart attack and thought I'd come down with amnesia at the same time !

*goes back to Weir/Shep Daydream safe in the knowledge that she DIDN"T mack that guy*

*only mackin with Simon...*
                  The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                  |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Patience, MajorSam... he won't be around for long.
                    Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                      Doesn't Dr. Weir have a husband or boyfriend (the guy who played Narim from the Tollan epis on SG-1) at home? I wonder if she realized how long she'd be gone from him and whether she knew she might develop feelings for someone on Atlantis?

I think Dr. Weir respects Major Sheppard (soon to be LTC Sheppard), and he sure respects her, but do you really think she could give up on her guy at home that easily? Dr. Weir also seems to try very hard to control her emotions, so maybe falling in love, to her would be a sign of weakness? What do you guys think?

IMO, I think maybe Maj. Sheppard and Teyla might have more in common and might hit it off better.
                      Right that did it. For all those Sheppard and Teyla fans who keep finding your way in here by accident, here is a wee thread all to yourselves to play in..

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....42&postcount=1

Have fun!!

Comment

Possible Spoiler Pic.

OK, sorry if i'm intensely dense, but who the heck is that? That's Weir, isn't it... and someone who's NOT Sheppard!?!??! :O

I couldn't find it in anywhere on actual GW, but it was just a header...

WHY IS IT NOT SHEP!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
                        Lizzie's just workin' her way down the chain of command..

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                          Patience, MajorSam... he won't be around for long.
                          Whoo hoo! I've made 1000 posts and where better than in this thread, replying to my W/S friend Mel!!!!

Whoo hooo!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                            *rotfl* You are too funny!

As for that Shep/Teyla thread. Ya won't be finding my fingerprints over thar!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                              Oh my gosh. You're awful.
                              Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                                I just...Ship on SG1's flagging, but I'm still hopeful for a resolution...I wanna make sure that ship is sailing smoothly before I move on.

I'm enjoying Atlantis more than SG1, but I'm more loyal to SG1 as I have invested more in it.

It's also very dissheartening when most of the original GW shippers have moved on
                                I think it is a real pity so many people have moved on...there's no harm playing in both though. S/J is always going to be my main ship, but I'm happy to stick my nose in here every so often - for now, at least, I'm not going to let myself get too invested in it. If S/J works out, I'll trust TPTB more, but...once again I am rambling...I'll stop now!

Comment

Working...
                                X