Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatcheter
    It was subliminal, you weren't supposed to notice it.

Since people are requesting pics, I took a few quick caps from the end of 'Duet'.

First, note how close together they're standing (again):
    Great caps! The way these two share personal space is unbelievable sexy! Yeah , in above scene I just love how they make eye contact although it did not seem necessary for the scene ...and the way Liz half turns into John to "make" him look at her ( There`s that half spooning effect again!) or is she giving him the eye to say "John.Stop.that." They killin` us and to think we `re only into ep 4 of S2

“I know how Sheppard can be,” “He’s an incredibly strong man,” “and Elizabeth is his weakness. He doesn’t know how to handle that.”
    - Rodney to AU Elizabeth : quote from PeanutButterer`s The Other Side

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskhah
      LOL... oops! I thought I deleted it fast enough I saw that Droops had already posted after I had already posted, so I tried to get rid of the evidence. Too slow, I am...

I don't remember what it is, but I saw it at the Parque des Aves in Brazil when I was there in May. It just reminds me of a chicken... *shrug*
      Hehe, it kinda looked like a rabid chicken that once chased my sister. As for deleting the post, I can pretend I never saw it.

Back to Shep/Weir... Intelligent Shep/Weir conversation point... *thinks* nope.. I got nothing. *goes back to looking at the screencaps* Nice caps Hatcheter. Right you are, the last one is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by seetheship
        Great caps! The way these two share personal space is unbelievable sexy!
        Looking at that first pic again, the floor tiles look to be about 2' x 2', and John and Elizabeth are standing in the same one!

Makes you wonder what other "close quarters" they might be sharing.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
          I pretty much liked the same ones as you, but I also loved Kate Jackson and Bruce Boxleitner on Scarecrow and Mrs King, and I did like Doggett and Reyes in season 9 on the X files.
          You know, I think on Atlantis, maybe they had their plan, but that can fall by the wayside if the actors don't connect on the right level. I think Torri and Joe just have this natural connection. Whether they wanted to push John and Teyla or not, it wasn't going to work when they had this other actress who reacted so much more naturally off him... does that make sense?
          Alyssa,
          Oh! Thanks for reminding me---I cannot believe I left them off of my list! They were another of my much loved couples. I was so happy when Lee and Amanda finally got together, but I really regret that the show was cancelled before we got to see much of them actually being a couple.

I totally understand what you mean about Joe and Torri working together so well---I just hope TPTB really see it as well, and decide to take advantage of it. I know of too many cases where the producers and writers totally ignored great chemistry because it didn't fit in with their pre-ordained plans.

Elmindreda

Comment

Just drop in to say Hello to everyone.

Mel, I loved the Pacific Rim and now I love revelations. I’ve never seen WestWing but you’re writing is so wonderful it doesn’t matter.

Bama, your story is definitely the best first-kiss-scene I’ve ever read. It’s just wonderful and tender.
            Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
              Where is Sheppard's right hand (and is Weir about to kill him for it)?

Caption: I am going to hit the next person who mentions Shex...
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Add me to the list of those that are pro-Sheppard/Weir. I've liked them together since the first couple of episodes. And I've likee Sam/Jack too since day one.

Comment

Oh my goodness!! I've just seen Duet and it was absolutely amazing! I know this is a 'discussion' thread but i can't get past all those shippy moments! *sigh*

Anyway, i had a thought: At the end, did anyone else notice, just before spoiler - highlight below:
                  Weir said "yes" she seemed to have this whole facial expression going on that basically said "i'm just stringing you along to see those cute puppy dog eyes/gorgeous half smile"?? LOL maybe i'm just on a shippy high But there was definately (spoiler - highlight below):
                  an amused "hmm" that spoke waaaay more than actual words could

Right, had to get that out of my system I'll start lurking in this thread again....

Luurve all those pics btw, thanx guys!

(P.S. I'm SO not up with all this spoiler stuff and i dont really know how to do that spoiler alert thingy so i apologise profusely!! )

Lovebar made by natz099
                  My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Athena I really like that 2nd pic from The Eye.

Welcome LuvsJonasQuinn!

stargatecaps.com

The eyes wonder off to strange places....

Comment

Oh my. Go away for a weekend and look what happens...pages and pages of wonderful conversation. I've been through some but not all yet.

I loved Duet. Rodney was hilarious and I loved the woman who was his counterpart in this story. She was really funny too. Wish I could think of her name right now.

John and Elizabeth's scene - the cute and flirty one - was great. Bama's right, it ain't gonna last. Got to drag the protaganists over the coals, you know.

Smallgirl, I loved your post. You made some interesting points and I really enjoyed reading it. There were some other really interesting comments as well. Props to everyone who posted.

The thing with Teyla and Shep and the appeal of the idea of a woman somehow defeating a man in a fight. Well, I remember thinking the same thing when I was in my 20's, but that changed as I got older. But having said that, I also remember being attracted to the more intellectual romances (thanks to the Golden Age of Hollywood and the BBC) even back then. Notwithstanding the fact I shipped Ginger and the Professor and Maxwell Smart and Agent 99. (Really showing my age here...) If its shippable, I ship it. lol

Anyway. Real life has reached out its tentacles and is dragging me back in, so I'm going to be lurking more around here. You guys have the best thread going and it's always a pleasure to read. Plus the pics and vids are right up there too.

<edit for pre-coffee mental mistake>
                      Last edited by manybleemsago; 08 August 2005, 04:16 AM.

Good sci fi is about special effects. Great sci fi is about people.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                        I felt the whole Shep/Teyla push was rather embarrassing, and Teyla was only being used as eye candy for the fan boys, but I really got good vibes from the scenes between her and Ronon. We'll see how it pans out in the future. Seems they will have quality time together off world in "Trinity" - that should be a good way to see how they work together.
                        Spoiler:

I think it was Mel who said that Ronon's scene was more interesting with her because they actually tried to *TALK*. I liked it that he didn't stare down her very on display body (and rather er...come hither position) and looked her in the eyes and asked serious questions.

I didn't know quite what to make of his conversation with Elizabeth though. And LOL, she didn't either. ; ) He would make a seasoned diplomat swear. I really like Elizabeth's dry sense of humor she puts on display with those snarky remarks every now and again..."Chatty fellow isn't he?" In the premiere, one of my favorite E-woman lines was "We can always test YOU for the third time Rodney." when she was teasing him about wanting that ancient gene so badly.

LOL. She's just...cool. She's got that whole scully thing goin for her where she just makes you wonder what the heck she's like if she ever cuts loose and what sort of emotions are just beneath the surface. There's a hidden element with her that is very intriguing. And like someone said, one thing I really like about her is how she has a hardass side when she needs to but it's still very obvious just how much of a woman she is. She has kind eyes and that rare, beautific little smile that gives her away. Steel and Fire and Femininity is always a good 'look' on female character imho. ; )

You know...if TPTB in charge of atlantis really wanted to keep emotional distance between shep and weir and weren't interested in directing the audience toward a possible shep/weir ship, then why the hades did they ever allow them to call each other by their first names? In the premiere, Shep even answers Elizabeth as "mam" a time or two when she gives him a command. When did that change?

I mean who else calls them by first name? Rodney is the only one I can think of that Elizabeth calls by first name and she's known him a long time I think. There is an implied intimacy when two people who, by rights, should or could address each other formally, choose to address each other more personally. It's a special thing between them already.

Oh, which reminds me...one other question before I'm off to work for today...I was going to ask about that 'ancient gene' thing...I noticed in the premier that John had it and according to Elizabeth, had a 'good/natural' case of it. One reason she wanted him with them so badly. I know it allows him to use ancient technology but let me ask, do many of the scientists have this gene? And I never was certain if Elizabeth did. Do we find out more about who does and what they can do with it later in season one or is the subject sort of 'dropped until further notice'? I guess I've still got a touch of X-filesitis left in me to have me thinking of 'perfect genes' and if you watched that you'll know exactly what I mean. ; )

Well, off to work for me...sigh...can't I just stay here and play with you guys all day?

-Bama ; )

Comment

Originally posted by naughty but nice
                          Just drop in to say Hello to everyone.

Bama, your story is definitely the best first-kiss-scene I’ve ever read. It’s just wonderful and tender.
                          Thanks, just wait until you see what I'm going to do with a 'second kiss' scene. LOL ; ) The great thing about fanfic is that you control the game...and there are no issues if you don't want them to be...

-B...who REALLY has to go to work now...

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                            I know it allows him to use ancient technology but let me ask, do many of the scientists have this gene? And I never was certain if Elizabeth did.
                            Carson also has the gene. I don't think Elizabeth has it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                              Oh, which reminds me...one other question before I'm off to work for today...I was going to ask about that 'ancient gene' thing...I noticed in the premier that John had it and according to Elizabeth, had a 'good/natural' case of it. One reason she wanted him with them so badly. I know it allows him to use ancient technology but let me ask, do many of the scientists have this gene? And I never was certain if Elizabeth did. Do we find out more about who does and what they can do with it later in season one or is the subject sort of 'dropped until further notice'? I guess I've still got a touch of X-filesitis left in me to have me thinking of 'perfect genes' and if you watched that you'll know exactly what I mean. ; )
                              In 'Rising' Jack O'Neill comments that Wier already has "a dozen or so people" who have the ATA gene, including Doctor Beckett, but she says that Sheppard does easily what other have to have concentration and effort to accomplish. 'Hide and Seek', the third episode of the season (after the two-part premier) introduces Beckett's gene therapy, where McKay gets the gene. In 'Hot Zone' Beckett or Zelenka, I forget which one, comments that the gene therapy has a 48% success rate. I think Zelenka said he had taken the shot, but the gene didn't take.

This far, Weir hasn't been shown to have the gene, which I take as tacit confirmation that she doesn't have it, at least not yet. (And another plot bunny has just been spawned.) I think I had read that the gene is supposed to be present in one in 16,000 earthlings, so it's more likely that she doesn't have it.

And I'll stop myself before I start discussing genetics and why I think Sheppard's gene is stronger than everyone elses.

a time to mourn

Comment

Why IS John's gene stronger than the other genes???

Comment

Working...
                                X