• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Athenaktt
    So...Is it Friday yet? I'm just excited to see
    Spoiler:
    Elizabeth off world

Anyways I'm bored so here are some random pictures of John and Elizabeth:

From "The Gift"

Wish it were Friday, then i'd have 2 things to look forward to: the weekend and Atlantis

Great pics Athenaktt!!

Lovebar made by natz099
    My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by Bama

"Power Couple". Now that-I could go with....great phrase to describe what they are on atlantis!
      When I'm feeling particularly smart aleck-y, I call it the "leadership".

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
      still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Dumb question of the night. . .for our screen cap folks.

In Season 2. . is the "mint" jar still on Elizabeth's desk? I don't recall seeing it so far.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
          Dumb question of the night. . .for our screen cap folks.

In Season 2. . is the "mint" jar still on Elizabeth's desk? I don't recall seeing it so far.
          Well, They haven't really showed Elizabeth's desk this season...so I'll take a look at "Duet" again to see if we can get a glimpse of her desk.
          ~Athena

Comment

Okay I found it! The Jar is still on her desk! You can hardly see it but it's at the bottom right hand corner.

By the way, I love the new look to her office and I notice that she has nice chairs and stuff now. I guess she brought a few more things when she came back from earth.

Last edited by Athenaktt; 08 August 2005, 09:11 PM.
            ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              No wonder Gero was uptight about reaction to the "hug" scene. . .it was supposed to be CUT. *LOL*
              What?!
              OK!! SomebodyBetterExlainThisToMeRightNow!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon
                What?!
                Think someone was talking about how maybe the Editors were the shippers and they were the ones leaving in all the "shippy" moments such as
                Spoiler:
                the hug
                in Siege 3 and the intense gazing between John and Elizabeth.
                ~Athena

Comment

What?!
                  That was a joke, Rubicon. It's been noted by many around that a lot of what we're perceiving as shippy could easily have been edited out.

And, well, it's also good to remember that scripts are commonly reworked by another writer before they're shot. Some of the writers on Joss Whedon's productions have talked about how he'd go through scripts and occasionally rewrite things if he didn't think they worked quite right. Because of this, there's occasionally conflict over who gets the writing credit.
                  Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                  Last update: 14 April 2006
                  Melyanna's Multimedia
                  Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Ha. Ha. Editing out Hugs, not funny people.

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
                      :blink blink: Wow. Very... McKay/Carter-ish. I think I got some of it...
                      Heh. I obiously had too much time on my hands last spring.

If it's a no/no for Elizabeth to grab his ass, then it's a no/no for him to grab Teyla's. She is actually under his direct command in the military so if you ask me, it's even worse and I think such would be a HUGE step backward for John's character. I may have to record it and watch it only upon this board's approval or something. *grin* [/Spoiler]
                      I seem to recall a discussion at some earlier time where it was pointed out that Air Force fraternization regulations include rules on an officer and a civilian under his command. That in itself would make a Shep/Teyla relationship impossible, unless TPTB want to sacrifice their AF endorsement and the benefits that come with it (not gonna happen).

On the other hand, an officer is virtually never under the leadership of a civilian who isn't the President or the Secretary of Defense, so there don't seem to be any written regulations on the topic. A relationship between Sheppard and Weir might raise questions on professionalism and ethics, but it's not illegal. And there would be questions raised about any relationship either of them tried to enter into while in their positions on the expedition, so that in and of itself shouldn't stop them when they do start one.

I LOVE the way you put that-"circling each other"...such a wonderful way to describe what we're seeing go on. They circle-each looking at what they like and also finding weaknesses and don't they stay in such a mental state that they don't know whether to fight or mate with each other... Makes it all that much more delicious though doesn't it? The 'chase' is surely wasted on many. The subtle, beautiful small things that make them fall in love with each other over time is what is worth holding your breath with each episode for. ; )
                      Frame this and make it the offical mission statement of the Sheppard/Weir ship.

Originally posted by Alaskhah
                      When I'm feeling particularly smart aleck-y, I call it the "leadership".
                      LOL! I'm stealing that.

a time to mourn

Comment

What?!
                        Don't worry Rubi... FP is just having a dig at Martin...
                        We all know what we saw... Martin (whom I admire greatly mind you) is just going through denial...
                        But seriously... the hug could be interpreted on different levels...

What got me excited was Stargate... FINALLY... and unashamedly trying to create little emotional moments between male and female characters.
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                          LOL! I'm stealing that.
                          LOL! I'm glad you like it! It drives my non-shipper friends absolutely nuts! Especially when they try to change the subject by saying, "About that leadership..."

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
                          still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

However, what is this mess in an upcoming episode where
                            Spoiler:
                            the episode talks about 'Do Sheppard and Teyla have more than friendship...is it conversion?
                            What are some thoughts on that?
                            -B
                            Well, to be frank... I don't really care... I don't watch scifi for ship but in some ways I do watch Atlantis for Sheppard. I want to see Sheppard become more of a multi-layered character and if they can justify that kind of scenario and give us a better sense of who he is, I will try my best not to keel over and empty my stomach contents.
                            If the activity that some people are suggesting might rears its head in that episode... so be it... if it provides some insight into this rather closed book.
                            But I'm pretty sceptical about spoilers these days... they're basically there to bait fans.

To me ship isn't a priority... characterization is... I would like to see Weir developed a lot more (Carl Binder and Martin Gero are doing a terrific job so far) and become a much more "rounded" female figure than Stargate often churns out.
                            I know I've been harping on about the long looks, and the onscreen chemistry BUT I still think that it is important for the audience to know WHY these people should be together. There must be something that connects the two together apart from the usual leadership/professional stuff... I mean I work with more than half a dozen men and I'm not remotely attracted to any of them. So what is it then, about Sheppard that Weir likes and vice versa. I don't think it is enough that the sparks fly... I want to why.
                            Hence, I think the only way they can do that effectively is to give these characters some substance rather than the do-gooding archetypes that some people seem to be clamouring for. I'm kinda half way there already with Sheppard but I'm still waiting for Weir to become the woman she can be

Yeah... I'm very demanding... hehehe... but you know... if I'm going to sit around and watch two people getting up close and personal, I want to know why I should invest my heart and soul into it.
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                              What a wonderful discussion. I lurked off and on all weekend, but RL intruded too much to allow me to form thoughts. Now that I've soaked my dentures, stowed the walker behind my special orthopedic chair and adjusted the bifocals I can get down to business. What was I doing? Oh yeah, all you young whippersnappers tickle me. Those folks over on the John/Teyla thread have blinders on, but I guess you could argue (as my husband does) that we do too.
                              I think we should be careful what we say about shippers in other threads. I don't like it when those on the S/T imply that we're all in a state of denial about not seeing S/T, but we shouldn't say the same thing about them on a public forum... it's just to keep the peace - yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                                I seem to recall a discussion at some earlier time where it was pointed out that Air Force fraternization regulations include rules on an officer and a civilian under his command. That in itself would make a Shep/Teyla relationship impossible, unless TPTB want to sacrifice their AF endorsement and the benefits that come with it (not gonna happen).

On the other hand, an officer is virtually never under the leadership of a civilian who isn't the President or the Secretary of Defense, so there don't seem to be any written regulations on the topic. A relationship between Sheppard and Weir might raise questions on professionalism and ethics, but it's not illegal. And there would be questions raised about any relationship either of them tried to enter into while in their positions on the expedition, so that in and of itself shouldn't stop them when they do start one.
                                Interesting

Welcome *AtlantisFan*!

Comment

Working...
                                X