No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the TV Guide covers: the BSG one is the only one that doesn't look Photoshopped, if you ask me. The shadows on all of them are wrong, and Sheppard doesn't look big enough in relation to Teyla, or the other two on the subscriber cover.
    Yeah, i thought that too, Sheppard's pic looks like some from season 1, and Teyla's look like one of those promo pics for season 2 that appeared a while back, remember where everyone but her was dressed?.
    Those pics are definitely photoshopped, it's either that or they have even less chemistry than i thought and look like they are possing separatedly even if they are together.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
      Spoiler:
      Rachel says the "amazing" kiss happens after a fight scene. However, it supposedly is in the episode, "Conversion" which is the episode that Martin Gero said will show Teyla and Sheppard's friendship, "blossom".
      Of course, TPTB could be jerking as all around in the name of ratings.

Oh well, at least we know in
      Spoiler:
      Conversion that he's not exactly going to be feeling himself as it appears he's going to turn a bit Wraithy...
      so goodness knows what he'll get up to when he's like that!!!

Comment

Ah, I think this is what will happen:

Spoiler:
        The kiss, if it's indeed not between Ronan and Teyla, will be when Shep is not himself, ie half evil Wraith man. So it won't count, dear shippers. And if not, it could be just a peck on the cheek. I SO hope that they explore the Ronon/Teyla ship. We need to all show our support of that to the writers so Shep is single and available for Liz, muaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
          Oh well, at least we know in
          Spoiler:
          Conversion that he's not exactly going to be feeling himself as it appears he's going to turn a bit Wraithy...
          so goodness knows what he'll get up to when he's like that!!!

I'm having a Broca Divide flash back.

Comment

Take Season 1 for example there were a several combinations of Shep, Weir, and Ford. But no one was saying the TPTB were pushing for Shep/Weir/Ford.

True, true that is probably the case, it just seemed, based on their postures and all the Teyla/Shep stuff we've been hearing lately, that they might be advertising the triangle. However, I think it is probably just another random promo pic at the end of the day.

About that mystery kiss thing, I'm really hoping its Teyla/Dex. I think (hope) some of this promotional blitz is a smokescreen, for something a whole lot more ShWeir realted.

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Shonaille
              I like Teyla and she needs actual character development before romance.
              Bingo! You hit the proverbial nail on the head Shonaille. I think the reason i don't buy into ST is bc i don't buy into Teyla's character. I stress that this has nothing to do with RL, merely the lack of characterisation of Teyla in S1. I think once Teyla is 'fluffed out' a bit then maybe i could buy into ST and be able to see what John would see in her other than, 'hey, there's a hot chick', which i don't think is his style anyway.

Ack i really hate having my chain yanked.
              *shakes fist at TPTB*
              *shakes other fist at magazines who like to sex evreything up bc they think we still live in the stone age*

Just remember folks....The Truth Is Out There....whoops, wrong fandom. I mean...DON'T PANIC!

Comment

Ooh, does anyone think
                Spoiler:
                Teyla's kiss
                is part of a flashback maybe? Or do we know for certain its in Conversion as part of the plot?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomcatter
                  Ooh, does anyone think
                  Spoiler:
                  Teyla's kiss
                  is part of a flashback maybe? Or do we know for certain its in Conversion as part of the plot?
                  Just a thought.
                  Spoiler:
                  Was the reference to the Teyla kiss tied to a specific episode? If not could it be possible it could be related to 'Duet' - David Hewlett did comment that he had to kiss nearly everyone in that episode, like a kind of kissing bandit, he might have been over exagerrating but it's possible the kiss isn't anything to do with who she's fighting, not Dex nor Sheppard.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                    Just a thought.
                    Spoiler:
                    Was the reference to the Teyla kiss tied to a specific episode? If not could it be possible it could be related to 'Duet' - David Hewlett did comment that he had to kiss nearly everyone in that episode, like a kind of kissing bandit, he might have been over exagerrating but it's possible the kiss isn't anything to do with who she's fighting, not Dex nor Sheppard.
                    Good thought here, Purpleyin. I don't think it was tied to a specific episode.
                    Spoiler:
                    (Wouldn't it be hilarious if McKay kissed her? The two of them have had so little interaction — I think that'd be hysterical.)
                    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                    Last update: 14 April 2006
                    Melyanna's Multimedia
                    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

What if the kiss happens during Conversion? It could be between S/T but, since he is not himself during that ep, maybe it is his wraith side responding to her wraith side and it won't have nothing to do with John being attracted to Teyla in a romantic way, more like a primal wraith thing.

I like Purpleyin's theory too.

That's what Weir stands for.

Comment

Spoiler tags, people... There are a few around here who are unspoiled.

Spoiler:
                        Generally, I'm not worried. And even if this is supposed to be a serious Shep/Teyla kiss, I'm still not concerned. I've seen sides for episodes after Conversion, and there's no indication that they're together. If anything, Sheppard's short with her and isn't around her much at all.
                        Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

There is already a thread under "Atlantis Season 2" called, "Don't Stick Teyla with Dredlock Man".

*ROTFLMAO* Some folks worried about something?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

A kiss is just a kiss...Now I have "Time Goes By" playing in my head.

As for this
                            Spoiler:
                            impending Kiss Teyla is suppose to have. It could be anyone. I like Purpleyin's theory about McKay, the kissing bandit, in "Duets" That would be definately fit in an "interesting" or "amazing" kiss to me. Besides I a kiss doesn't necessarily have to be on the lips does it? It could be on the cheek, hand, nose, etc...anywhere.

But the fact that it is TV Guide...I don't really give it much credit. Sometimes I see TV Guide to be almost tabloid like.
                            ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                              A kiss is just a kiss...Now I have "Time Goes By" playing in my head.

As for this
                              Spoiler:
                              impending Kiss Teyla is suppose to have. It could be anyone. I like Purpleyin's theory about McKay, the kissing bandit, in "Duets" That would be definately fit in an "interesting" or "amazing" kiss to me. Besides I a kiss doesn't necessarily have to be on the lips does it? It could be on the cheek, hand, nose, etc...anywhere.

But the fact that it is TV Guide...I don't really give it much credit. Sometimes I see TV Guide to be almost tabloid like.

You know what, I think your right and the alleged
                              Spoiler:
                              Teyla kiss
                              can't be later than episode 12 bcse they haven't even started filming for the second half of the season yet or they have just started. I'd love to see that, it would be awesome and I've been advocating
                              Spoiler:
                              Teyla and McKay interaction anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Shonaille
                                You know what, I think your right and the alleged
                                Spoiler:
                                Teyla kiss
                                can't be later than episode 12 bcse they haven't even started filming for the second half of the season yet or they have just started. I'd love to see that, it would be awesome and I've been advocating
                                Spoiler:
                                Teyla and McKay interaction anyway
                                It probably isn't later than #13, which is the latest episode I've seen sides for. And I seriously doubt it's in #13. That one is whacked-out enough already.

Conversion, by the way, is #8.
                                Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Working...
                                X