Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    It probably isn't later than #13, which is the latest episode I've seen sides for. And I seriously doubt it's in #13. That one is whacked-out enough already.

Conversion, by the way, is #8.
    Cool, thanks.
    Isn't ep thirteen Epiphany? I dont want to get too much into spoilers but if I remember correctly its a good ep for Sheppard and Weir but maybe not Shweir.

Comment

#13 is Critical Mass; #12 is Epiphany. Both of them look interesting for Sheppard and Weir.

It's important to remember, though, that these are production numbers, not the airing order. In Season 1, Thirty-Eight Minutes was filmed before Hide and Seek (thus explaining Torri's hair going from straight to curly to straight), and Home before Underground (probably to accommodate Colm Meany). TPTB are pretty good at filming things out of order, due to RDA's wacky scheduling in the last few seasons of SG-1, but they usually don't go drastically out of order. Usually they just switch two episodes.
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
        #13 is Critical Mass; #12 is Epiphany. Both of them look interesting for Sheppard and Weir.

It's important to remember, though, that these are production numbers, not the airing order. In Season 1, Thirty-Eight Minutes was filmed before Hide and Seek (thus explaining Torri's hair going from straight to curly to straight), and Home before Underground (probably to accommodate Colm Meany). TPTB are pretty good at filming things out of order, due to RDA's wacky scheduling in the last few seasons of SG-1, but they usually don't go drastically out of order. Usually they just switch two episodes.

Oh right, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
          Well, the rumor mill from the TV Guide articles says,
          Spoiler:
          Flirtation between Sheppard and Teyla increases this season. Rachel says that Teyla will have her first on-screen kiss and it will be amazing.

Things could be out of context though.
          Wait a minute....

Spoiler:
          I thought Rachel said a while back she was going to have a little relationship with one of the Athosians in season two?

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
            Dorka, your wp is really pretty. I don't usually go for red but it's gorgeous

Moomin, I read that fic last night and your right, It is a tear jerker. *sniff*

I agree that the new pictures are taken from an obscure angle. I feek quite queasy looking at them Love the one of Weir/McKay/Beckett. PM looks so proud,lol.

GW was being incredibly slow last night so i couldn't get on until this morning, abd then i didn't have time to post bc i was late for work...again,...and TBH i wish i hadn't logged on bc i left with all these bad vibes after seeing one particular thread. I know you all know which thread i'm referring to. I didn't have time to read it all and i don't plan to either. I'm posting my opinions on it here instead in the hope that it will die.

It's not just the subject matter that bothers me. I'd be equally appalled if it was about another ship/topic, even if i didn't support. To me it's childish and pathetic. If you feel this way then just don't watch. Simple as. To start such a thread only serves to cause ructions thoughout the fandom. I understand that some people are rather anxious but the new season starts soon enough so why not just wait and see what happens. I enjoy coming here bc its a friendly environment where i can discuss things with peole who have similar interets, but this, well its just like being back in highschool and has the potential to escalate into a huge slanging match
            Is that the thread that involves toys, prams and the throwing out of the former from the latter?

I've already suggested it close or change its name, to no avail.

Comment

Hey folks. for anyone who lives in the UK, and who has been watching the news this morning. There has been 7 explosions in Central London this morning, There's so much going on at the moment,so i wont really explain. Fortunatley i dont live in London. (I live in nottingham) but i know many friends that do. my heart goes out to all the people that have been affected by these events. I also hope that the number of casualties does not continue to rise more so. I hope that anyone who is still trapped turn up safe and unharmed.
              I have every confidence that the emergancy services are doing everything they can in this situation

Now, Im going to try and contact my friends in London to see if they are ok, so far i havn't been able to get through.
              hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Our prayers are with those who have suffered and lost their lives in latest attacks in London. So surreal for me as I left London 2 weeks ago and actually stayed in a hotel lived 50 metres away from Kings Cross station where blasts occured. Our prayers are with all those affected. Lets keep the faith.

“I know how Sheppard can be,” “He’s an incredibly strong man,” “and Elizabeth is his weakness. He doesn’t know how to handle that.”
                - Rodney to AU Elizabeth : quote from PeanutButterer`s The Other Side

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                  Wait a minute....

Spoiler:
                  I thought Rachel said a while back she was going to have a little relationship with one of the Athosians in season two?
                  Ahh, maybe THAT is what she is refering to. Never know with her. . she is sometimes as cryptic as Mallozzi. *LOL*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I just got up and Grandma told me about the latest terrorist attacks. Moomin, I hope your friends are alright. My prayers go out to all those affected.

I agree with Purpleyin. I actually had the same thought last night after i logged off and was coming to post it this morning

Is that the thread that involves toys, prams and the throwing out of the former from the latter?

I've already suggested it close or change its name, to no avail.
                    Yups, that would be one, along with the one the one that FP pointed out. (loved the fact that somebody pointed out the misspelling of 'dredlock'. Made me chuckle, )

thus explaining Torri's hair going from straight to curly to straight
                    I didn't even take note of that. *facepalm* Seriously, Torri could be sat right next to me and i doubt i'd even notice

Lovely little fic here Mentions Siege 2.

Comment

Been trying to keep up with the news out of London... hope all our UK shippers are all right, along with their friends and families. I don't really know what to say about the bombings.

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                      I didn't even take note of that. *facepalm* Seriously, Torri could be sat right next to me and i doubt i'd even notice
                      I just remember that in that scene where Elizabeth was flirting with John — er, teasing him over bringing a football game as his one personal item... thinking that either a curling or straightening iron must have been her one personal item.
                      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                      Last update: 14 April 2006
                      Melyanna's Multimedia
                      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Wait a minute....

Spoiler:

Now that could be potentially interesting, thanks for the spoilers.

On a more serious note, my thoughts and prayers to those in London, I hope everyone is okay.

Comment

I'm lucky I have no friends or family in London, just one cousin in Kent, but I hope all that do are okay. It's been a funny week, because Scotland is a police state at the moment, we have 1500 of London's policeman here, policing G8. I will, for one, breathe a sigh of relief once it is over. But of course that's overshadowed by what's happening down south.

To keep on topic. Has anyone noticed
                          Spoiler:
                          that the only source of all these spoilers is Rachel Luttrell? No one else has backed these up as far as I can tell. It's sad that the media are treating her character only in relation to her love interest. I think that it should be interesting seeing Weir getting more character development, oh and guess what? She doesn't need to be defined by a man. Hurrah!

Comment

I'm lucky I have no friends or family in London, just one cousin in Kent, but I hope all that do are okay. It's been a funny week, because Scotland is a police state at the moment, we have 1500 of London's policeman here, policing G8. I will, for one, breathe a sigh of relief once it is over. But of course that's overshadowed by what's happening down south.

To keep on topic. Has anyone noticed
                            Spoiler:
                            that the only source of all these spoilers is Rachel Luttrell? No one else has backed these up as far as I can tell. It's sad that the media are treating her character only in relation to her love interest. I think that it should be interesting seeing Weir getting more character development, oh and guess what? She doesn't need to be defined by a man. Hurrah!

Well the media is still stuck on the sex sells thing so its no surprise. Im dissapointed that nothing else came out about Teyla in the TV Guide interview but not surprised. And the Weir bit in TV Guide was lame and uninformative and oh no surprise related to her love life.

Comment

Hope everyone in London is ok.

I guess the fact remains that we don't know anything for sure about the spoilers. First
                              Spoiler:
                              it's a kiss with Shep, then it's with Dex, now an Athosian... lips, cheek, hand... grr!
                              Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomcatter
                                Hope everyone in London is ok.

I guess the fact remains that we don't know anything for sure about the spoilers. First
                                Spoiler:
                                it's a kiss with Shep, then it's with Dex, now an Athosian... lips, cheek, hand... grr!
                                Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
                                I'm sorry for the events in London as well, and hope everyone from GW is safe, as well as their families.

In terms of the kiss
                                Spoiler:
                                I would find it quite interesting if it turned out to be McKay.
                                It certainly would add a great twist to an already amusing episode.
                                -girlgater

Comment

Working...
                                X