Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erised
    I'll have to disagree. Elizabeth did not seem to be a girl who went to get her crush back home. She displayed bravery by going on a planet herself and get her all of her men back.
    i second that shes mush to independant and strong as a charractor to be needy or a little girl with a crush
    the best formular
    (+)x(+)=
    proud member of ship ship hooray special Ops team

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
      I'll have to disagree. Elizabeth did not seem to be a girl who went to get her crush back home. She displayed bravery by going on a planet herself and get her all of her men back.
      Yeah and she went there despite the fact that she didn't know what could have happened. For all she knows, there could have been a Wraith attack. She could have let Lorne's team go there alone but she came along (and I'm sure Lorne tried to make her change her mind off-screen *plotbunnies attack* *headdesk* As I don't already have too many of them!)

Comment

I liked Siege 3, and Duet as my favs. Duet wasn't sparky, but I really enjoyed it.

The worst: same as above.

Most lost potential:

Conversion - SHOULD have been a Shep-centric episode. Everyone thought he was losing his humanity and we should have seen something of him looking through his personal stuff, talking with his team/friends about his family, what he was proud of, what he should have done with his life. Instead we got "all about Weir". I liked the episode, but I could have "loved" it if it went a different way.

Long Goodbye - I "liked" it, but for 3/4 of the episode we got Weir trying to hunt down Shep, and suddenly she locks herself in a room and wants someone else to kill him while she watches on a TV screen. Why the change? After all that chasing, there should have been a face-to-face resolution that answered some questions - where they really married? Who were they anyway?. Instead we get a plot device so Shep can declare he likes Teyla. It ruined the episode. If TPTB wanted Shep to "declare" anything, it should have been in a different episode.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Sorry. I guess we'll have to agree to desagree then because that's the reason among with the general lameness (is this a word?) that makes me hate this episode to my guts. She seamed sorta weak in my eyes different from Siege and Conversion. I really think I'm gonna like Critical Mass tough by the spoilers in this thread, it'll be on next week.
          Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            Long Goodbye - I "liked" it, but for 3/4 of the episode we got Weir trying to hunt down Shep, and suddenly she locks herself in a room and wants someone else to kill him while she watches on a TV screen. Why the change? After all that chasing, there should have been a face-to-face resolution that answered some questions - where they really married? Who were they anyway?. Instead we get a plot device so Shep can declare he likes Teyla. It ruined the episode. If TPTB wanted Shep to "declare" anything, it should have been in a different episode.
            About the 'were they really married' part, I've watched it again yesterday and
            Spoiler:
            when they're talking to each other through the radio, Phoebus said something like "it that any way to talk to your wife. The others weren't there, and even if she knew they were listening, wh saying that. Not to keep the pretence up 'cos she told Rodney and Carson the truth. So what if it was true? What if the two of them were married or at least in a relationshîp and were like the Romeo and Juliet of the Pegasus Galaxy?

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean_Fan
              Sorry. I guess we'll have to agree to desagree then because that's the reason among with the general lameness (is this a word?) that makes me hate this episode to my guts. She seamed sorta weak in my eyes different from Siege and Conversion. I really think I'm gonna like Critical Mass tough by the spoilers in this thread, it'll be on next week.
              dont worry about it because this disagreement is what makes these types of thread fun and interseting if everyone agreed with very thing any one said hello boring lol i'd for one be yorning from here to atlantis and back lol
              the best formular
              (+)x(+)=

Comment

I forgot to mention Coup d'etat. Great episode.
                Sorry, but Weir crossed me as needy and clingy in that episode most of the time, expect that one scene with the Magistrate in the planet. That scene did not by itself saved this piece of crap for me. Totally bad episode all around. Weir was a much better character and made me happy as a viewer in Conversion tough, that is my idea of an overall strong woman, not a girl on a crush that's desperate to get her boy home like in Condemned.
                Condemned & Conversion spoilers:
                Spoiler:
                That's interesting because for me it was the opposite. In Condemned I saw a woman willing to go to another (potentially hostile) planet to negotiate the release of "her man" and the rest of his team. The thing that bothered me most about that episode, actually, was that caricature of a bad guy on the prison colony. He must have had a PhD in Psychology because he seemed to know everything about McKay the second he met him... That, or someone was feeding him lines. Not to mention the Wraith happened to show up precisely the day our heroes were on the planet... Crap writing, I agree.

Conversion? I refuse to believe she'd enter the room of her physically mutated 2IC who could have snapped her neck like a twig. As much as I loved that scene for its obvious Sparky implications I think it was reckless of her to do that, not to mention an easy way out for the writers to show her feelings for Shep.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
                  About the 'were they really married' part, I've watched it again yesterday and
                  Spoiler:
                  when they're talking to each other through the radio, Phoebus said something like "it that any way to talk to your wife. The others weren't there, and even if she knew they were listening, wh saying that. Not to keep the pretence up 'cos she told Rodney and Carson the truth. So what if it was true? What if the two of them were married or at least in a relationshîp and were like the Romeo and Juliet of the Pegasus Galaxy?
                  I thought that was sarcasm, but could be interpretted either way.

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva

Spoiler:
                    That's interesting because for me it was the opposite. In Condemned I saw a woman willing to go to another (potentially hostile) planet to negotiate the release of "her man" and the rest of his team. The thing that bothered me most about that episode, actually, was that caricature of a bad guy on the prison colony. He must have had a PhD in Psychology because he seemed to know everything about McKay the second he met him... That, or someone was feeding him lines. Not to mention the Wraith happened to show up precisely the day our heroes were on the planet... Crap writing, I agree.
                    i agree
                    Spoiler:
                    the man knew rodney so well and had only just meet him i mean im studying psycology and i can pick up quite a few things because i watch him every week but how he new staight away is kind of scary really lol

but to keep to the piont i agree with u about Elizabeth as well and its a very good sparky episode
                    the best formular
                    (+)x(+)=

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
                      Phoebus said something like "it that any way to talk to your wife.
                      She knew what Weir knew, so I felt she was aware everyone was listening in on their convos. Weir would have done so if Phoebus had been in someone else. I just wanted to know more about Phoebus and Thalan and what their "argument" was all about.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                        She knew what Weir knew, so I felt she was aware everyone was listening in on their convos. Weir would have done so if Phoebus had been in someone else. I just wanted to know more about Phoebus and Thalan and what their "argument" was all about.
                        i agree must of been a huge argument gets u wondering
                        the best formular
                        (+)x(+)=

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva

Spoiler:

Conversion? I refuse to believe she'd enter the room of her physically mutated 2IC who could have snapped her neck like a twig. As much as I loved that scene for its obvious Sparky implications I think it was reckless of her to do that, not to mention an easy way out for the writers to show her feelings for Shep.
                          Conversion
                          Spoiler:
                          Yeah, but she was willing to let him die for the greater good of Atlantis and not to get anyone else killed.
                          , that takes a lot of guts even if they weren't close at all. In Condemned, she just seemed like she had to do, not because it was for the best like Conversion, but because she wanted so for personal reasons. That is my greatest complaint towards this episode, along with the rest of the crap !!!!
                          Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by true_romance
                            i agree must of been a huge argument gets u wondering
                            I get the feeling there WAS a really good plot in that episode, but it just didn't come out well. I did like the infirmary scene in the end though.
                            Last edited by FoolishPleasure; 02 May 2006, 10:38 AM.

Comment

In Condemned, she just seemed like she had to do, not because it was for the best like Conversion, but because she wanted so for personal reasons. That is my greatest complaint towards this episode, along with the rest of the crap !!!!
                              She hadn't gone through the gate for personal reasons. Yes, she was worried about her flag team but she went through the gate to do her job. She was there to negociate an alliance with those people.

Comment

And somehow sending the military to do that isn't the smartest idea

Comment

Working...
                                X