X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michelleb
    Well, that's pretty much all
    Spoiler:
    The Tower has going for it..Sheppard being a babe magnet. He's also presented as stupid (which he isn't) and superficial, the entire plot stinks, and just a bit insulting to those of us who live under a monarchy. I choose to ignore the whole episode altogther..it's an aberration, a bad dream. Elizabeth will wake up and John will be in the shower and she'll say 'I had the wierdest dream'
    Shades of Dallas... it was Dallas right?

Eek! OT - sorry.
    ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
    The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Finally saw "Grace Under Pressure" and like it quite a lot - mainly for McKay. . and the "sparks".

Disappointed in Skiffy's blurb for next week. . "Babe Magnet"? Sorry, I don't think I'm even going to watch.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerLa

Eek! OT - sorry.

Yep, Dallas. And SGA is capable of being so much more. They've got an adult, intelligent, fascinating, thrilling, loving, deep relationship right there, waiting to be explored, with John and Elizabeth. Why waste screen time on bimbo's?

(see, dragged it back on topic)
        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Eek! OT - sorry.
          I think they did that on Family Guy, too.
          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Yep, Dallas. And SGA is capable of being so much more. They've got an adult, intelligent, fascinating, thrilling, loving, deep relationship right there, waiting to be explored, with John and Elizabeth. Why waste screen time on bimbo's?

(see, dragged it back on topic)
            hehe very smooth Michelle!!!!!
            ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              Finally saw "Grace Under Pressure" and like it quite a lot - mainly for McKay. . and the "sparks".

Disappointed in Skiffy's blurb for next week. . "Babe Magnet"? Sorry, I don't think I'm even going to watch.
              well
              Spoiler:
              there is a balcony scene at the end. just watch the last five minutes
              Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

turn on your TV at like 9:55 p.m next friday!
                Yeah Grace Under Pressure was fabulous. McKay was just hilarious and those sparks sooo gave away who those lurkers are! haha.

Comment

well
                  Spoiler:
                  there is a balcony scene at the end. just watch the last five minutes
                  WTF?
                  Spoiler:
                  It ended when Rodney got on the jumper and the door closed! Fade to black then the "babe magnet" coming attractions!

I thought I was nuts, so I asked my son and he said the same thing. Anyone else lose that last scene?

Comment

WTF?
                    Spoiler:
                    It ended when Rodney got on the jumper and the door closed! Fade to black then the "babe magnet" coming attractions!

I thought I was nuts, so I asked my son and he said the same thing. Anyone else lose that last scene?
                    michelleb is referring to the ending scene next week - saying that all that's worth watching of next week's episode is the ending scene.

And it is a cute ending scene.
                    ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
                    The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

michelleb is referring to the ending scene next week - saying that all that's worth watching of next week's episode is the ending scene.

And it is a cute ending scene.
                      ahhh, okay! Thought SciFi was pulling another fast one - cutting scenes for more male enhancement commercials. *LOL*

Comment

ahhh, okay! Thought SciFi was pulling another fast one - cutting scenes for more male enhancement commercials. *LOL*
                        LMAO!!!!!!! no no dearie!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
                          It was just so shallow. I mean as if I couldn't have figured out he was hot and a babe magnet already.
                          I need a faster way to get to the eyerolling smiley tonight.
                          Exactly... tell us something we DON'T already know. :rollseyes:

But at least Michael, Critical Mass, Coup d'etat and Inferno are decent episodes... and shows Sheppard as the caring, sometimes ruthless but driven person that we remember him to be from S1.

Regarding Inferno
                          Spoiler:
                          I didn't mind a bit of harmless flirtation but I suspect that some of it was about egging Rodney on. Good to see some of that natural Sheppard cunning in action anyway.
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
                            And of course we get from the preview
                            Spoiler:
                            naked back of prom queen and Shep's line "I never see these things coming." And a scene where he's groped under the table with those lines mixed in.

ETA: I think I need to go back and watch tonight's ep. and rewatch the sparky scene. Heck the whole ep.
                            LOL!
                            Spoiler:
                            Glad to know I wasn't the only one rolling my eyes at the Shep 'babe magnet' selling that was going on in the promo. The shot of shep oogling the 16 year old prom queen was enough to make me wretch. And people wonder why some of us are fed up with the entire used and tired 'yet *another* girl drops her drawers for sheppy babe magnet' sub plots?
                            Geesh.

I love-adore-Shep and his potential. He's cute, funny, intelligent and sharp. Those are the 'parts' that they need to market to sell the program to the audiences. While the 'babe magnet' sell may raise interests short-term, it's not doing Shep's character any favors long-term.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                              Exactly... tell us something we DON'T already know. :rollseyes:

But at least Michael, Critical Mass, Coup d'etat and Inferno are decent episodes... and shows Sheppard as the caring, sometimes ruthless but driven person that we remember him to be from S1.

Regarding Inferno
                              Spoiler:
                              I didn't mind a bit of harmless flirtation but I suspect that some of it was about egging Rodney on. Good to see some of that natural Sheppard cunning in action anyway.
                              yeah i thought that was ok.... brother like relationshiop there!!!!!

Comment

*Hugs Bama* Good to see you again!

Even my teen son gagged at that "Babe Magnet" promo. Do they really think fans enjoy seeing Sheppard portrayed like that?

Comment

Working...
                                X