Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bama
    Sex sells -sure- but these marketing -and writing- dudes need to figure out that bimbos will wear their welcome out sooner rather than later. Keep the John ass shot-lose the bimbo and keep upping the emotional ante between characters that we the audience actually *care* about. Hint: Teenage blond prom queen is *not* one of those people.
    Unless you're a top network executive completely out of touch with your demographic. Everyone wants that young male (with little to no disposable income mind you) audience to lap up the sex and 'splosions.

Thinking and feeling is bad. Being entertained by thoughtless garbage is good.

For the record, I'm so not ripping on Stargate at all. It's actually one of the better shows out there that tends not to succumb to that. But putting that crap in the preview just ticks me off. I'll stop now before I get pissy(er).
    I put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by stubadingdong
      Unless you're a top network executive completely out of touch with your demographic. Everyone wants that young male (with little to no disposable income mind you) audience to lap up the sex and 'splosions.

Thinking and feeling is bad. Being entertained by thoughtless garbage is good.

For the record, I'm so not ripping on Stargate at all. It's actually one of the better shows out there that tends not to succumb to that. But putting that crap in the preview just ticks me off. I'll stop now before I get pissy(er).
      Well...there ya go. Young male actually cares about blond, teenage prom queen.

I can understand the marketing ploy but it doesn't mean I like it one bit for the character. John isn't some 21 year old college prep. I'd just like him to truly explore himself a bit. John is older than I am at the ripe old age of 36 and I honestly don't know many men of my 'advanced' age that want to chase random blond or brunette bimbos around or be chased by them. Most of them have either found-or are looking-for something more. I'd like to see John trying to discover his 'more' rather than being content with being a 'babe magnet'. *cringe* I still can't believe they wrote that on the screen in big caps. Geh. Peh. Bleh. *cringe to the second power* Just bad, bad taste-period imo.

I'm with you dingdong...SGate is so much better when the focus is on the who the characters are as people and not some gratitious explosion and/or bimbo of the week.

I just need to shut up. Sigh...

Comment

well said Bama... we have missed you totally!!!!!!! so glad to have you deep insight back!!!!!!!
        ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

slipping down the page again!!!!

Kudos too BlueBanrigh!!!!!!! AWESOME sig!!!!!!

Comment

Ok let's try some self promotion

Just did this lill' thing. Those to are soooo PS-able

I really think there's a natural chemistry... Or else why would some of us see the ship from the first ep... it wasn't even intended.

*huggles her sparky*

*~'.:GTA 199:.'~*
            Je me souviens

Comment

Originally posted by dark_faith
              Ok let's try some self promotion

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...e-12copwie.jpg

I really think there's a natural chemistry... Or else why would some of us see the ship from the first ep... it wasn't even intended.

*huggles her sparky*

OMG that wallpaper is beautiful!!!!!!!!! i snagged if you done mind!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
                OMG that wallpaper is beautiful!!!!!!!!! i snagged if you done mind!!!!!!!!!
                Heeee thx. No prob hun. I love to be snagged

That didn't come out right.
                *~'.:GTA 199:.'~*
                Je me souviens

Comment

Originally posted by dark_faith
                  Heeee thx. No prob hun. I love to be snagged

That didn't come out right.
                  *cheeky grin* no... no it didn't!!!!!!

an ooldie but a goodie... early ship!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=dark_faith]Ok let's try some self promotion

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...e-12copwie.jpg

I really think there's a natural chemistry... Or else why would some of us see the ship from the first ep... it wasn't even intended.[QUOTE]

Snagged it!
                    And yep natural chemistry!

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky

Snagged it!
                      And yep natural chemistry!
                      i love the chemistry!!!!!!!! mutual respect and equality!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                        Well...there ya go. Young male actually cares about blond, teenage prom queen.
                        Hey! we don't just care about blond teenage prom queens you know!

Some of us also care about brunettes
                        Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
                          Hey! we don't just care about blond teenage prom queens you know!

Some of us also care about brunettes
                          and we love you for it mentalmichael!!!!!!!!

Sparky!!!!! + = <3

Comment

Oh wow, just spotted this on livejournal and figured that everyone should see it: http://belanna.faketrek.com/non/fakes3/shepweir01.jpg

So good!
                            Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Oh wow, just spotted this on livejournal and figured that everyone should see it: http://belanna.faketrek.com/non/fakes3/shepweir01.jpg

So good!
                              Woowwwwww ! Great !!!!!! So good !!!!

Comment

So good!
                                that is really good!!!! congrats to Belanna!!!!!! nice work!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X