No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's bugsy with a spoiler report when we need her?!
    Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
      we are slipping off the page here!!!!
      http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8721/rising10240gy.jpg
      Vary nice wallpaper.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
        Where's bugsy with a spoiler report when we need her?!
        It's not 8 yet

Originally posted by alyssa
        Forget John and Elizabeth being hopeless romantics, I think Erised is!!!
        *snorts* *dies* I gotta quote that in my siggy

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
        Liz: Thanks Erised... i have been trying to tell John that for ages!!!!
        OMG that made my evening! Elizabeth thanked me! w00t *dies*

Comment

Forget John and Elizabeth being hopeless romantics, I think Erised is!!!
          Hehe, when it comes to Sparky I think we all are hopeless romantics!! *hides rosy shipper glasses*
          When there is a will, there is a way.

My LiveJournal (friends-only)
          My fics

Sig by Trialia.

Comment

Yes, the Teyla character is complex, but at the same time, I think they've comfused complexity with being interesting. I still can't get into the character. Rachel's great, but Teyla --- I don't know. There's something there that just makes me see her as a background character. I was really surprised that Rainbow and Torri both mentioned her as their favourite character at the Aus cons.

It was interesting that someone pointed out once before -- I can't remember who --- that Teyla almost behaves in some scenes as though she's above the Earth team. The character's aloof, which is fine, because she needs to be obviously different from the Earth characters. At the same time, she doesn't have that sort of warmth that you see from Teal'c, as the alien member of the SG1 team. I can only speak in reference to the series one episodes, though, because I haven't seen any of the recent episodes. Sapph and Erised have both told me she's more interesting with the addition of Ronon.

The Shep/Teyla thing, I see as being a real sci-fi cliche. Hot Earth guy with Hot Alien Chick. It's been done a dozen times over, with varying success. I'm always amazed at the comments from Sheylas that they see Shep/Weir as being a cliched relationship purely because they're both leaders.

I guess bottom line is that hopefully TPTB have seen enough in the opening two seasons to see that Shep/Teyla have nothing on screen together. I mean really, they hardly even have any scenes together. It takes some serious reading-into-things to think there's any connection. With Shep/Weir, it's not in-your-face, but it's so obviously there.
            Some excellent posts here lately guys! Enjoying the 'Teyla' talk. My own feelings on Teyla are similar to many of those stated here. I really wonder though if it's just not a chemistry issue rather than a written one. I've seen several interviews Rachel has done and she seems to be a lively, lovely person with personality. Teyla is so reticient to engage in the innerworkings of Atlantis it seems. She is there but apart. Ronon was a perfect choice as a character to 'find' Teyla. He brings out more of Rachel's natural personality it seems and we see a twinkle in her eye that just isn't there around Joe. Perhaps, it really is that she's too comfortable with Joe Flannigan as a good friend in RL to truly have any spark. I don't know but it's very noticable. Honestly, her time with Beckett and Ronon this year have been far better imo than anything she did with another character in season one. This season has given Teyla a 'chance' to fit in the bigger atlantis picture much better.

Comment

Just talking to wizengamot and Buggy on MSN, who's doing a running commentary for Inferno... and.. OMG

Spoiler:
              [quote]
              Shpe: "Rodney seems..."
              Weir: "Smitten?"
              *eyebrows* [quote]

so apparently, Rodney's got a thing for the girl! and look! eyebrows!!!
              Spoiler:
              Weir's offworld!!!!
              *dies* Go Lizzie! Get them!!!
              Last edited by Erised; 23 January 2006, 04:23 PM.

Comment

OMG!!!!!!!!! I'm getting so excited!!!!! Thanks so much Erised!!!! I would so green you if I could!!!

Comment

Originally posted by k8tbug1
                  OMG!!!!!!!!! I'm getting so excited!!!!! Thanks so much Erised!!!! I would so green you if I could!!!
                  green buggy

Spoiler:
                  yep John definately isn't kirking and the girl is following Rodney!! <-Buggy said so

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                    green buggy

Spoiler:
                    yep John definately isn't kirking and the girl is following Rodney!! <-Buggy said so
                    definitly will do!!! thanks!!!!

Comment

Added Ankareeda and Finnstardust to the convo!

OMG!!! Mixed emotions!
                      Buggy's running commentary for Inferno
                      Originally posted by Buggy
                      Spoiler:

-okay, John just totally ended up hugging the girl dung that quake!
                      -but then they looked at each other and decided it wasn't a good idea
                      -kinda like a... "ooooo... WAIT! EW!
                      -now the girl is following shep.
                      -I think he thinks she's annoying

-Lizzie's on Atlantis
                      -on the balcony
                      -I think Lizzie's pining over the fact that Shep might be dead
                      Ronon and Teyla are having a heart to heart chat
                      kinda like... deathbed confessionals

-OMG Weir thinks Shep's dead!
                      -she's looks sad
                      -she still has hope!

-Sheps getting worried about living!
                      - THERE HE IS!
                      Shep is leading the last survivors towards the light!

Finnstardust: is Lizzie there?
                      Buggy: no, shes back on Atlantis

-Aw, Rodney is going to see the girl again

-----OMG EYESEX
                      ---last few seconds were solid [eye sex]
                      --Weir had just finnished saying her doom and gloom line about the Wraith ship that's coming

*is happy!!!*
                      Spoiler:
                      give us Sheppard angst damn it!
                      Last edited by Erised; 23 January 2006, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Added Ankareeda and Finnstardust to the convo!

OMG!!! Mixed emotions!
                        Inferno
                        [/spoiler]

*is happy!!!*
                        Spoiler:
                        give us Sheppard angst damn it!
                        Sounds like a goodie!!!

Comment

Besides, someone apparently cheers her up on this
                          Where did you here this?

Originally posted by Dorka
                          oh right nearly forgot...todays episode is the one with the
                          Spoiler:
                          Girl on the pic yep totaly with you guys...PLEASE don't let him kirk!
                          Guys, just bc Shep gets the odd bit of female interest etc, it doesn't make him a nymphomaniac

Originally posted by SouthernRed
                          I think the big thing is that they expected Joe and Rachel to really connect on screen. They probably thought "they're pretty people, they act well, it'll work". What they didn't expect was for Joe and Torri to work so well together.
                          I disagree with the first part. I hardly think they looked at the cast rating them from most pretty to least, lol, and decided that JF and RL were the hottest and so stuck there characters together. In my mind, TPTB thought that Teyla and Shep would be interesting from a cultural point of view, and we saw examples of this in Home. Like Mel says tho, with the rest of Teyla's character it is a lot to keep up and do well.

The other thing you have to remember is that they weren't expecting Torri/Weir to have the on-screen presence that she does. She's become a larger character than they had planned for. This also means that Weir and Shep get more interaction and so this may be where they lost the vibe they were looking for. You can't hold tension for that amount of time without it becoming annoying (like they way Weir/Caldwell was going).

It explains, to a degree, why they chose Sheyla instead of Sparky. They were meant to have the most screen time together. Why put your lead with a character that is meant to have little screen-time? It doesn't make sense. I think Atlantis was meant to be more off-world exploritory based, and so there should have been lots of Teyla/Shep interaction.

Your right. They didn't expect Weir/Shep to have the connection they do. They were meant to be antagonistic but ended up, at the very least, respectful and perhaps somewhat admiring of each other. This is quite opposite of what they had planned for so it's understandable that they didn't opt to push Sparky at the beginning.

At the same time, she doesn't have that sort of warmth that you see from Teal'c, as the alien member of the SG1 team.
                          From when are refering to Teal'C from? Not a lot of people liked Teal'C in the first few seasons. It's only since around S5 that they started to really lighten his character up, and giving him more lines has really helped his character become more likeable.

I think the same is happening to Teyla.

The Shep/Teyla thing, I see as being a real sci-fi cliche.<snip>I'm always amazed at the comments from Sheylas that they see Shep/Weir as being a cliched relationship purely because they're both leaders.
                          On this instance I'm agreeing with the Sheyla's and all the others that thhink Sparky is cliche. Bc it is. In a variety of ways;

-Two leaders forged together in the heat of battle to become 'King and Queen' of Atlantis,
                          - Flyboy and professional Diplomat fall for each other despite their opposing backgrounds.

It may not often be seen in a series, but it's still cliche. Everything is a cliche these days. You'd be hard-pressed to find a pairing that wasn't, especially when you have to chose from your leads.

I guess bottom line is that hopefully TPTB have seen enough in the opening two seasons to see that Shep/Teyla have nothing on screen together. I mean really, they hardly even have any scenes together
                          I really hope TPTB do see this, and consequently give them more scenes together. There's a lot they could learn from each other, more so when you add Ronon to the mix. Again, I'm echoing Mel, but Teyla is a diplomat. It's what she's done for years to help her people survive. As much as I'd like to see Elizabeth demonstrate her skills, there is no need for her to go off-world on simple missions to negotiate bc Teyla should be more than capable of doing that herself - with a little guidence from John (thinking Underground here).

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                            On this instance I'm agreeing with the Sheyla's and all the others that thhink Sparky is cliche. Bc it is. In a variety of ways;

-Two leaders forged together in the heat of battle to become 'King and Queen' of Atlantis,
                            - Flyboy and professional Diplomat fall for each other despite their opposing backgrounds.

It may not often be seen in a series, but it's still cliche. Everything is a cliche these days. You'd be hard-pressed to find a pairing that wasn't, especially when you have to chose from your leads.
                            You've got a point there Sally. What isn't cliche now? Sheyla is pretty cliche as well since you've got the handsome flyboy hooking up with the pretty alien "princess". And that's pretty cliche.

Right now, I can careless for cliche or not. As long as it's done well and the chemistry is there on screen. I'm for all it.
                            ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                              Where did you here this?
                              Spoiler:
                              I think you've read that interview with Torri as well. It was posted on LJ.. I don't have the link. She says that she needs someone to cheer her up, and, well, someone probably will! It'd be stupid for someone not to! *cough*John*cogh*

I may be remembering wrong though

Comment

Spoiler:
                                I think you've read that interview with Torri as well. It was posted on LJ.. I don't have the link. She says that she needs someone to cheer her up, and, well, someone probably will! It'd be stupid for someone not to! *cough*John*cogh*

I may be remembering wrong though
                                Are you talking about the possible scene in Season 3?
                                Spoiler:
                                Torri said in an interview recently that she and Brad Wright had talked about Elizabeth having a conversation with General Landry about how this leadership business kind of sucks. It'll be good for both their characters, as both of them went into things expecting exploration and science and diplomacy, and both encountered more enemies instead.
                                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                                Last update: 14 April 2006
                                Melyanna's Multimedia
                                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X