Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    Yeah, the addition of Ronon was really made me warm to the character. I was just chatting about this with someone else, and she expressed her continual amazement on my 180 on Teyla. Last season I was so irritated by her that I really wouldn't have minded if they got rid of her – and was thinking they actually might – but this season they've allowed her to interact with people other than Sheppard. Letting her interact more with McKay, Beckett, and Ronon has made her so much more accessible and likable. She's shown warmth and humor now that rarely came up in the first season.
    I'm with Mel here, all I could see for Teyla last year was this very stiff character who was just wheeled out for anvil ship moments and for her lack of dress. I really didn't like her at all and I was quite vocerifious in my complaints (and that's spelt wrong but WTF) about her.

This year, what a difference! She's open, she smiles, she's friendly, she's got a sense of humour. It's like the writers got stuck with her, couldn't find a way to develop her but the introduction of Ronon acted as a bridge for them to open up her character (this just reinforces my theory that PTB can't do women). It's a shame it took the introduction of a male to do that (it does nothing to help misognist notions), but at least I actually like her now. And I'd really like PTB to develop her relationship with Weir, some girly chat over a cup of Athosian tea after a yoga spell where they giggle their way through some gossip about Sheppard's kirking. It would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
      I'm with Mel here, all I could see for Teyla last year was this very stiff character who was just wheeled out for anvil ship moments and for her lack of dress. I really didn't like her at all and I was quite vocerifious in my complaints (and that's spelt wrong but WTF) about her.

This year, what a difference! She's open, she smiles, she's friendly, she's got a sense of humour. It's like the writers got stuck with her, couldn't find a way to develop her but the introduction of Ronon acted as a bridge for them to open up her character (this just reinforces my theory that PTB can't do women). It's a shame it took the introduction of a male to do that (it does nothing to help misognist notions), but at least I actually like her now. And I'd really like PTB to develop her relationship with Weir, some girly chat over a cup of Athosian tea after a yoga spell where they giggle their way through some gossip about Sheppard's kirking. It would be great!

I had to delurk...

Personally, I think tptb were giving Rachel a chance to get used to her new job, and to adjust to a very steep learning curve. Now she's coming into her own and the writers are having fun with the character.

Good sci fi is about special effects. Great sci fi is about people.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
        Oh, now that's a fun little tidbit. How is the novelization, by the way? I've always heard good things about Sally Malcolm's SG-1 fics (I believe she writes under the name Sally Reeve), but never got around to reading any of them.
        I wondered if it might be her. Wow. I highly recommend her fic - she's one of the best.

Btw - congrats on the number of posts. You guys are awesome.

Time for me to go back to lurking.

Comment

Originally posted by manybleemsago
          I wondered if it might be her. Wow. I highly recommend her fic - she's one of the best.

Btw - congrats on the number of posts. You guys are awesome.

Time for me to go back to lurking.
          Sally Reeves is the only fanfic writer that's kept me up to 2 am!

Comment

Ditto!

Here's her site, btw:

http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/

Comment

WOW, she must be good *off to find her fic *

Comment

I've finally watched Inferno and
                Spoiler:
                apart from that Kirking, the ep was great. We even had great Sparky moments! Yeah!!

Atlantis novelization? Hey I didn't know! *off to search for the book*

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
                  Spoiler:
                  apart from that Kirking, the ep was great. We even had great Sparky moments! Yeah!!

Me too!!
                  Spoiler:
                  Liked Inferno. Didn't care for the kirking, but at times thought it was actually pretty funny how Rodney and John were kinda competing. Anyway we all know Elizabeth is his one and only . So no worries!!!!!
                  As for the book, I'm only a few chapters into it, but so far I can tell its definitly worth the read!!!!!!

Wohooo my 300th post!!!! And at my fav thread!!!!!! Long live the Sparks Everyone / !!!!!!!

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    Do you think it was Shep kirking? I didn't think so... well, maybe a tiny bit John seemed annoyed by her because she liked McKay! So it was prolly McKay kirking lol but hey, at least we got the office scene!
                    I couldn't help but notice *AGAIN * how comfortable our sparkys are with each other. It's not even a leader-leader relationship. They're waaay to giggly and flirty for that.
                    I love Elizabeth's expressions during "Smittin'?" and "Hot?" lol! She's so funny and John's reaction is awesome too!!
                    I noticed how she held her breath again when she ran up to John. I think she realized that she did it too fast. It seemed like she didn't want to let him go from her sight! Then she stopped really quickly, that loving look in her eyes... *squee!*

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                      Spoiler:
                      Do you think it was Shep kirking? I didn't think so... well, maybe a tiny bit John seemed annoyed by her because she liked McKay! So it was prolly McKay kirking lol but hey, at least we got the office scene!
                      I couldn't help but notice *AGAIN * how comfortable our sparkys are with each other. It's not even a leader-leader relationship. They're waaay to giggly and flirty for that.
                      I love Elizabeth's expressions during "Smittin'?" and "Hot?" lol! She's so funny and John's reaction is awesome too!!
                      I noticed how she held her breath again when she ran up to John. I think she realized that she did it too fast. It seemed like she didn't want to let him go from her sight! Then she stopped really quickly, that loving look in her eyes... *squee!*
                      Spoiler:
                      There's a tiny bit of kirking, at least in the beginning when he came back, I don't think it was only to keep watch on Rodney.
                      They were so flirting in the office!!
                      And when she went on their balcony I don't think it was only to watch the sky, she wanted some time alone to think about John.

yeah, my 200th post and on my favourite thread!

Comment

Congrats on 300 k8tbug1!

Edit: and on 200 Vicky!!
                        hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Thanks!

And because I'm on a pic mood:

John: Liz, you know how I love when you say those kind of things to me but I'm not alone in that jumper
                          Elizabeth: Oops!
                          Teyla: *thinking* omg

Sorry but it was too tempting!

Comment

Thanks!

And because I'm on a pic mood:

John: Liz, you know how I love when you say those kind of things to me but I'm not alone in that jumper
                            Elizabeth: Oops!
                            Teyla: *thinking* omg

Sorry but it was too tempting!
                            LOL.

I don't think I really have anything to say right at the moment, but I wanted to make a post before I went off into the world of schoolwork and no computers all day. I wish I could spend more time here, but it's just not possible. Oh, well, it's no use.

I'd post a screencap, but I'm not on my computer right now, so I can't get to any of them.

Oh, BTW, is has Inferno been played in the US yet? Sometimes I have trouble remembering the names of episodes, and I'm probably wrong. *goes off to read episode lists*

And there's a novelization of Rising? Ooooh, that's gotten 'christmas money' written all over it.

Anyway, must leave again.*tear* Go Sparky! /
                            Stargate Addicts - a podcast for the obsessive Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis fan
                            My new podcast with Merala Anewan, come check it out. It'll make us happy.

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

Lovely sig by Blue Banrigh, thanks again. As for Atlantis X-Treme, that came from my own loopy mind.

Comment

Inferno has been played yesterday night in Canada. For US, you still have to wait since it's the second to last ep of the season and last ep on Sci-Fi was Critical Mas, the 13th.

Comment

Inferno again. .
                                Spoiler:
                                why does there have to be any kirking at all? We have ANOTHER hot chick - so she wants Rodney this time. Anyone else tired of HOT ALIEN CHICKS in general? I just want to throw things at the TV screen lately. And Shep flirts with her because she likes Rodney? WTF??? How old is Shep? My patience with his character wears thin these days. Or else I'm taking too much Nyquil today.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                                X