Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
    You are determined to get me to register over there, aren't you?
    *predicts flood of lj entries*
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
      Is this the one you're talking about? And ITA, a photo like that would be perfect for them!
      Aww...sigh...yes. I would absolutely freakin LOVE to see one like that with Shep and Weir! I think they should shoot them at least touching in some small way in the promos this season. How about just a back to back/butt to butt shot with arms crossed? That's not too overt and yet subtle with implication...Or how about not quite touching but thisclose to each other just gazing at each other. Aww heck yes. Gives me happies just thinkin on it.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
        You are determined to get me to register over there, aren't you?
        Heh. Yes, I am evil.

I usually think most of the board polls are stupid. But this one is very well done. You'd almost think it was done by someone from the network or studio.

Er...hmmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
          Aww...sigh...yes. I would absolutely freakin LOVE to see one like that with Shep and Weir! I think they should shoot them at least touching in some small way in the promos this season. How about just a back to back/butt to butt shot with arms crossed? That's not too overt and yet subtle with implication...Or how about not quite touching but thisclose to each other just gazing at each other. Aww heck yes. Gives me happies just thinkin on it.
          but TPTB think we don't have a clue about sparky! They think the fans are all sheylas. We're dumb and stupid and don't see what's in front of us!

Maybe we will get a promo of s.3 of them at least standing nect to each other. As for something like that pic of Mulder and Scully....I'd give it at least two more seasons!

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
            I still believe that they're stealing our ideas.
            Spoiler:
            Especially about that married comment.

But I'm not complaining.
            All they've got to do is ask...I think we sparky shippers could pile on some 'ideas' for them. There's a 1001 ways for them to employ subtle sparky! yet. They just gotta think like women and quit trying to force square pegs in round holes.

Comment

Ooooh, yes. I think it would be nice to see a progression over the seasons, too, almost following the developing ship - each year, their promos becoming a bit more intimate. In the meantime, the mental image I'm getting is fabulous!
              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

that picture made my creativity jump by 99%!

Comment

Actually, as much 'shock!' as that one and the rolling stone pics produced, I much preferred the ones that hinted at the true nature of the deep feelings. My favorite was the tvguide cover with M carrying S and I'd like to see one along those lines with Shep protecting Weir in some way. I actually think it would go over better with the fanbase because Weir really does need some physical protection. I'd die for just a real shot of arms around each other. sigh...but then, I'm a romantic sap at times.

P.S. I still think the RS cover was h-o-t!
                  I know the picture you're talking about Bama, the one with Gillian in the floaty dress? I'd love them to do something like that.
                  Then again, Atlantis, though we love it, isn't as big as the X Files was... Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                    that picture made my creativity jump by 99%!
                    Very pretty Erised. See what you can do on a week of next to no sleep?

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                      Mind you, Stargate really doesn't follow the real promotion system of the US military either. In the US military, when you get promoted, you change jobs. A major wouldn't still be flying helicopters. I've forgotten the exact figures, but he'd really be commanding a rather large force, not flying a helicopter around.
                      Quick point: Sheppard could easily still be piloting as a major. I'm not entirely sure about how Air Force helicopter units do it, but I've read articles about US Army Lt. Cols. who command battalions of helicopters, and fly them as well (specifically the Richardsons). It's a lot of responsibility, and a lot of work, but he potentially able to pilot at that rank.

The supposed story for Sheppard's black mark is that he went on an rescue mission to recover downed soldiers with his superiors' approval. Now that you mention it, it's quite possible that he believed he had the authority to launch such a mission within whatever unit (a squadron, perhaps?) that he commanded.

I'd like to see some exploration of both Sheppard's and Weir's experience back on Earth, and how it affects what they're doing in the Pegasus galaxy.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter

The supposed story for Sheppard's black mark is that he went on an rescue mission to recover downed soldiers with his superiors' approval. Now that you mention it, it's quite possible that he believed he had the authority to launch such a mission within whatever unit (a squadron, perhaps?) that he commanded.
                        Don't you mean without his superior's approval?

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                          Is this the one you're talking about? And ITA, a photo like that would be perfect for them!

And here's the lick picture, for your enjoyment!
                          Love that first one. It's my favourite Mulder/Scully pic. Not too keen on the lick one!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                            *Imagines Weir/Shep lick picture*

*dies*
                            So you DO have a kill switch....

One angsty Weir moment I noticed in "The Hive:"

Spoiler:
                            When Major Lorne told her that there was nothing to search for, i.e. thought John was dead, Weir turned back to go into her office and as she went into her office I spotted some tear wipeage...she quickly swiped her right hand across her right eye as she was walking back into her office....yup...she was grieving over her man!!

*shippy sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                              It wasn't even romantic!
                              and instead of Liz, he apologized to Teyla! wtf?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c52/LJAtl/capture.jpg
                              Lizzie: "Apologize, Colonel!"
                              I agree!! He shoulda been groveling his heart out to Elizabeth for being unfaithful.....lotsa groveling and lotsa those solid extra dark (72% cocoa) chocolate square thingies from Godiva....along with a gift of massage oils for a little pampering...a lotta red roses....yup...he's got MAJOR reparations to make.

Yup...I'm one guy who knows what a girl likes...

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady
                                Hi folks..... Sheyla fan dropping in...........(please don't kill me!)

I was just wondering.....perhaps the answers to this are obvious...but oh well..... if the writers did go ahead with the Spraky pairing..... how far would you like them to go with it? Would you just want John and Liz to be dating casually? Dating seriously? Engaged? Married? Married with Kids?
                                Nah... Don't think I want Atlantis to turn into Cheaper by the Dozen or Seventh Heaven...
                                I'm an angst fanatic... It's far more interesting to continue with the long looks, UST, brooding, sparky... For me, it is paramount that their respective characters to develop some meat... Right now, they're still pretty much skin and bones... Sheppard, if he's not careful will waste away completely...

If I were doing the writing, I would explore as many facets of their relationship as possible... the leadership question: how would they balance their growing relationship with their responsibilties? What kind of dilemmas would they find themselves in? Would there be ghosts from the past coming back to haunt them? Would romance strengthen their capacity as leaders or diminish it?... Also I'm intrigued with the GRADUAL progression of them as colleagues becoming friends and then becoming lovers... How would that affect their dynamic as superior officer and subordinate... and of course, the response of the rest of the team to their growing friendship. To do this of course, we need to see lots of interaction in all kinds of situations. The situations are obviously supremely important but I think they need to deliberately factor in these kinds of interactions. It is really important for the writers to convince the viewer or to justify to the viewer why this relationship deserves to be.... and it's not some extraneous feature that annoys half of fandom.

To me the journey is as important, or more important than the destination.

If they can come up with something half as good as what JMS did with Sheridan and Delenn on B5, I'll be happy.
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X