No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey green eyed lady, welcome to the ship that is sparky we don't bite...honestly
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady
      Hi folks..... Sheyla fan dropping in...........(please don't kill me!)

I was just wondering.....perhaps the answers to this are obvious...but oh well..... if the writers did go ahead with the Spraky pairing..... how far would you like them to go with it? Would you just want John and Liz to be dating casually? Dating seriously? Engaged? Married? Married with Kids?
      Hi

Well, I'm one of those shippers who want's to see sweet little moments like the hug or the ending-scene from TLG and let them get each other only in the very final episode Otherwise it would kill the team-dynamic IMHO (I mean that for all relationships not only SParky )

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
        Hi

Well, I'm one of those shippers who want's to see sweet little moments like the hug or the ending-scene from TLG and let them get each other only in the very final episode Otherwise it would kill the team-dynamic IMHO (I mean that for all relationships not only SParky )
        That's the point. A cute end is better than a messed up show.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady
          Hi folks..... Sheyla fan dropping in...........(please don't kill me!)

I was just wondering.....perhaps the answers to this are obvious...but oh well..... if the writers did go ahead with the Spraky pairing..... how far would you like them to go with it? Would you just want John and Liz to be dating casually? Dating seriously? Engaged? Married? Married with Kids?
          Hi GEL-

Here's an opinion...

I doubt we'll ever see 'dating' per se because I think these people all live together anyway and as such, formal 'dates' between powercouples in a dynamic on a show are odd and can shift the focus. I think it'll be more along the lines of XF or CSI or even SG-1 where the couple find thru time and shared experience via work circumstances and forced events that they have fallen for each other. Work is the courtship. Anything else imo would be rather 'tricky' to pull off though I think an 'on-going' relationship could be done if the writers are careful and subtle with it. And at the end-I'm all for the whole burrito. If they want to remain on a hopefully then stable atlantis to live out their lives and cohabitate and share the joy of marriage/kids at some point-then more power to them. Atlantis, if the expedition is successful will eventually socialize and create it's own civilization like it once knew. I could very easily see J/E remaining together there to live permanently.

Comment

green-eyed-lady

Dating seriously is as much as I could handle. I don't want casual dating, because their professional relationship is to important and close for a 'friends with benefits' thing to really work. Everything else if for fanfic or to be imagined after the show ends. If the show was to go on long enough then there is a possibilty I suppose of engagement or even marriage. A lot of time would have to spent, very slowly, and subtlely taking them to that place to make it a realistic part of the show.
            ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
            FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
              Yeah, that interview really is...so the writers wanted to see them as allies *lol* and Torri liked Coup d'état so I definitely looking forward to it too...
              Originally posted by Bama
              From Torri's: "They brought Mitch (Caldwell) in to take the place of the conflict between Weir and Sheppard because the producers felt the audience preferred Weir and Sheppard to be more like allies."
              Should we read between the lines? Caldwell is there to make the development of John and Elizabeth's relationship difficult. So far it has been okay, but I personally have noticed that he has a bit of a crush on Elizabeth.
              Spoiler:
              In TLG ending, however, he didn't seem too jealous. I thought it was strange. I have noticed how he looks at Elizabeth since the Intruder. But now he suddenly jokes about that kiss. The only possible explanation I have is that he thinks that they don't have feelings for each other, and that mentioning the kiss will make them very uncomfortable in each other's company for weeks; therefore, allowing Elzabeth and John to be free of each other's company. Well, it might, but for a different reason, and we know what that reason might be!

Also, allies? Should we read that as lovers or hopeless romantics? When I have read that part of an interview, I thought there was something funny about that line, and the fact that Torri mentioned it at all.

Spoiler:
              "The season ending cliffhanger is very exciting; the team is split up, there are people in differnt areas, on different ships and on different planets, and we don't know what is going to happen to any of them" While Higginson doesn't know the specifics about what happens in season three, she has heard about a key exchange for her character which is being planned by Atlantis' co-creator/excetutive producer, Brad Wright. "Brad told me about a wonderful scene he's hoping to write for the first episode of season three. It has to do with Weir going to Beau Bridge's General Lanundry saying "Wow, it sucks to be a leader! Help me, I need a mentor right now.' After the wacky trip she's been on in year two, she needs someone to sort of tell her everything's going to be okay now. If that happens, it'll be interesting pay off to where this season has led Weir's character."
              Spoiler:

I sense a lot of emotions here. The team is split up? Does it mean Elizabeth will too? If she stays in Atlantis, she will be worrying about John. And since the team is split up, she probably wouldm't even know where he is.

the mentor - could that possibly be John? Imagine Elizabeth questioning her leadership like she did in Critical Mass. Imagine John trying to tell her that everything is okay now and that she is doing a great job as a leader of Atlantis.

This "exchange for her character" worries me though. But as long as it's for no more than one or two episodees, it should be okay.

Comment

Guys...let me just say that I'm digging sci-fi's choice to use Shep and Weir -'powercouple' to push the backside of season two. It was no accident that we got 'it' from TLG as the showcase moment in the promos. It's called understanding the 'pulse' of the audience. Check out the new promo poster used on the official website. On the right side of the page: Yum de la yum...

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl
                  green-eyed-lady

Dating seriously is as much as I could handle. I don't want casual dating,.
                  Agree SG. Nothing has been 'casual' between the two of them from day one. They both know the importance of everything. I think they're one of those couples that will have to *know* that there're 'it' for each other before there's intimacy.

BTW, loved your post from earlier today! Don't think I told you.

Comment

Guys...let me just say that I'm digging sci-fi's choice to use Shep and Weir -'powercouple' to push the backside of season two. It was no accident that we got 'it' from TLG as the showcase moment in the promos. It's called understanding the 'pulse' of the audience. Check out the new promo poster used on the official website. On the right side of the page: Yum de la yum...

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/
                    Kisses, Bama!!! Love and kisses!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Bama, nice pic although at first it popped up as the sg-1 poster (just keep clicking on the stargate sg1 or the atlantis links at the top if that happens to anyone else).

Green eyed lady, don't worry we won't kill you. I don't want to see any relationship, be it Sheppard/Weir, Teyla/Ronon, hell, even Sheppard/Teyla progressing much beyond dating. A meaningful relationship I can handle, but I just think that kids would change the dynamic away from what Atlantis should be about. I wouldn't mind Liz anouncing she's pregnant in the last series or something, but that's about it.
                      Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

I don't know about anyone else, but my concern here is that they may go with "exciting developments" along the lines of what happened with Ford. It'd better not happen that way! As in Torri not in so many episodes. She needs to be there through the whole series.

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
                          Bama, nice pic although at first it popped up as the sg-1 poster (just keep clicking on the stargate sg1 or the atlantis links at the top if that happens to anyone else).

Green eyed lady, don't worry we won't kill you. I don't want to see any relationship, be it Sheppard/Weir, Teyla/Ronon, hell, even Sheppard/Teyla progressing much beyond dating. A meaningful relationship I can handle, but I just think that kids would change the dynamic away from what Atlantis should be about. I wouldn't mind Liz anouncing she's pregnant in the last series or something, but that's about it.

Abolutely agree, Michael!
                          We don't need to see them playing happy families. That would just be too crazy when they're in a state of uncertainty because of the chaos related to the Wraith and everything. It'd be irresponsible to bring kids into it for a start!!
                          I like the subtle stuff. Like Mulder and Scully. You know how the slightest touch can look really shippy because of the connection of the actors. I get a similar vibe from Joe and Torri.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                            Should we read between the lines? Caldwell is there to make the development of John and Elizabeth's relationship difficult. So far it has been okay, but I personally have noticed that he has a bit of a crush on Elizabeth.
                            Spoiler:
                            In TLG ending, however, he didn't seem too jealous. I thought it was strange. I have noticed how he looks at Elizabeth since the Intruder. But now he suddenly jokes about that kiss. The only possible explanation I have is that he thinks that they don't have feelings for each other, and that mentioning the kiss will make them very uncomfortable in each other's company for weeks; therefore, allowing Elzabeth and John to be free of each other's company. Well, it might, but for a different reason, and we know what that reason might be!
                            Well Caldwell might have a crush on Weir, but based on the end of TLG
                            Spoiler:
                            which I saw thanks to the extracts posted here (thank you) I'd say that he is firmly aware that the two have feelings for each other. His making a joking ref to the kiss just lets him poke fun at them (not in a malicious way). Just cos he's attracted to Weir (him and most of Atlantis!) doesn't mean he's going to try and ruin their relationship.
                            Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                              You know how the slightest touch can look really shippy because of the connection of the actors. I get a similar vibe from Joe and Torri.
                              and its more fun this way
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

I think it'll be more along the lines of XF or CSI or even SG-1 where the couple find thru time and shared experience via work circumstances and forced events that they have fallen for each other. Work is the courtship.
                                That's certainly true for CSI. Oh G/S how I love them

Comment

Working...
                                X