No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's September!! Woohoo! After Labor Day on Monday, the beaches will once again be a) free, and b) uncrowded. And I can go to the town beach that I love the most - during the summer it's only open to town residents.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Exactly! It's like, ugh, go ahead and show the Seahawks on your secondary channel so the diehards get their fix, but put the ND game on your main channel and stop screwing with network programming.
    Precisely!! Only the diehards care about preseason pro football. And we all know it doesn't mean much anyway. The only way it mattered a little this year was that I got to see a Raiders game with their backup QB. The Raiders got a new QB this year who is prone to injuries, so it's more likely that the backup QB might make an appearance.

I got to see the moon last night! Just past full and supermoon was over, but it was still BIG and very orangey as it rose...looked like a wheel of cheese!
    It wasn't too big here. It was very bright, though.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
    It's game-day for the Falcons today. Wishing them luck!
    Good luck, Falcons!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      It's September!! Woohoo! After Labor Day on Monday, the beaches will once again be a) free, and b) uncrowded. And I can go to the town beach that I love the most - during the summer it's only open to town residents.
      Yay! Quiet beach time again!

Precisely!! Only the diehards care about preseason pro football. And we all know it doesn't mean much anyway. The only way it mattered a little this year was that I got to see a Raiders game with their backup QB. The Raiders got a new QB this year who is prone to injuries, so it's more likely that the backup QB might make an appearance.
      *crosses fingers everything goes well for the Raiders*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup! Rhode Island fell to Georgia State 42-35, USC stomped Nevada 66-14, Tennessee ate Virginia for lunch 49-13, and in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Air Force beat Robert Morris 42-7 while Navy had a bye after last week's drubbing in Dublin. On to next week!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yay! Quiet beach time again!
          Yes, and maybe some cute doggos on the beach as well!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
          Here's this week's College Football Roundup! Rhode Island fell to Georgia State 42-35, USC stomped Nevada 66-14, Tennessee ate Virginia for lunch 49-13, and in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Air Force beat Robert Morris 42-7 while Navy had a bye after last week's drubbing in Dublin. On to next week!
          Congrats to the winners! (USC really did stomp on Nevada - yikes!! )

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Yes, and maybe some cute doggos on the beach as well!!
            Yep! It's just not a good beach without cute doggos!

Congrats to the winners! (USC really did stomp on Nevada - yikes!! )
            Yikes, indeed! USC had even pulled their first string and put in the backups to give them some game time...and THEY were scoring repeatedly. Welp, at least we know we've got depth.

Comment

I was thinking about a 3 day beach getaway this week, but it's supposed to be hot. Upper 80s to 90 F. Nah. I'll try again in a few weeks.

Yep! It's just not a good beach without cute doggos!

Yikes, indeed! USC had even pulled their first string and put in the backups to give them some game time...and THEY were scoring repeatedly. Welp, at least we know we've got depth.
              Yeah, that's a good thing! (For you, not for Nevada )

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I was thinking about a 3 day beach getaway this week, but it's supposed to be hot. Upper 80s to 90 F. Nah. I'll try again in a few weeks.
                Ewww, yeah, not happy weather.

Yeah, that's a good thing! (For you, not for Nevada )
                And hopefully a bad thing for the rest of our opponents this season, too.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Comment

We're doing a heatwave again! Yay us!
                    Hot, hot and hot... and then next week rain and cold again.

...Air Force beat Robert Morris 42-7...

First game of the season and they take it home.
                    Which means, the next one could go down again, if their past seasons are an indication.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Whoa! Sounds like summer and autumn are really battling it out this year.

First game of the season and they take it home.
                      Which means, the next one could go down again, if their past seasons are an indication.
                      Heh!

Comment

Yeah, we've been in a heat wave too. In fact, they even let most schools out early since it was going to be so hot.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Yeah, we've been in a heat wave too. In fact, they even let most schools out early since it was going to be so hot.
                          We're supposed to be getting a bit of a heat wave over the weekend. Seattle's supposed to get pretty toasty, but we should stay cooler up here. *crosses fingers* Everyone stay cool and have lots of tasty refreshing drinks!

Comment

We're supposed to be getting a bit of a heat wave over the weekend. Seattle's supposed to get pretty toasty, but we should stay cooler up here. *crosses fingers* Everyone stay cool and have lots of tasty refreshing drinks!
                            Funny you should mention that because I had a pink fruity drink just yesterday!! A watermelon margarita. Hmmmm..... And this was at the good Mexican restaurant nearby, so there was actual tequila in it. I got a little buzz. It was nice. Oh, and the enchiladas were also excellent. I have leftovers too!

I hope you avoid the heat, SK​​​​!! It's cooled down to 80s here. Far better than the 90s we were in. The humidity is still there, though.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Funny you should mention that because I had a pink fruity drink just yesterday!! A watermelon margarita. Hmmmm..... And this was at the good Mexican restaurant nearby, so there was actual tequila in it. I got a little buzz. It was nice. Oh, and the enchiladas were also excellent. I have leftovers too!
                              Mmmm, you're making me hungry! Glad you enjoyed it!

I hope you avoid the heat, SK​​​​!! It's cooled down to 80s here. Far better than the 90s we were in. The humidity is still there, though.
                              So far, so good...we'll see how warm it feels around 4pm.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

And here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was a great week for all as USC demolished Stanford 56-10, Tennessee beat Austin Peay 30-13, Rhode Island beat Stony Brook 35-14, and in the Atlantis Cup, Air Force beat Sam Houston 13-3, and Navy drowned Wagner 24-30. On to next week!

Comment

Working...
                                X