Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
    Happy belated birthday, FH!

It snowed again here, not as much as you all are getting, but it sure is pretty. For whatever reason I felt an urge to attempt bread baking. As per usual, it did not go to plan. Crunchy outside and maybe not cooked enough inside? Maybe I should just stick with soup.
    I'm impressed by anyone even attempting to bake bread.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
    Maybe a belated lockdown activity... wasn't it a lockdown trend, baking bread or bananabread (whatever that is)?
    You've never had banana bread???? It's delicious!! Mmmmm, banana bread (she drools)

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      You've never had banana bread???? It's delicious!! Mmmmm, banana bread (she drools)
      Err... no... by which I clearly seem to be missing something tasty.

I've had banana pancakes? Does that count?
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/be...-bread-recipe/
        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

My favorite variation for banana bread is putting chocolate chips in it. It doesn't sound like it would work, but it does.

Comment

I guess I'll be trying banana bread soon.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

It's 40 F outside, the rain finally showed up and the snow is just about gone except for a few blobs here and there. Ah, life is good.

For the record, I don't like bananas (when they're ripe they're too sweet and sickly, when they're not ripe they're just gross), therefore I don't like banana bread. But then, I'm one of those weirdos that likes cilantro, so...
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well we only got about 4 inches of snow so I'm happy. I've already had it shoveled and the car cleaned. Now I just sit with some hot chocolate and enjoy the pretty.

Oh, and SK, of course I love bananas. I am part minion, after all.

Comment

I finally got my pay stub for the severance package I got when I was let go from work. I don't know why, but they took out almost 3 times as much federal taxes as they usually did. So the amount I got was less than it should have been for 2 weeks of pay. What the hell? Why would they take out so much federal taxes? Any ideas? Ugh, I really don't want to call them.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Oh, and SK, of course I love bananas. I am part minion, after all.

I finally got my pay stub for the severance package I got when I was let go from work. I don't know why, but they took out almost 3 times as much federal taxes as they usually did. So the amount I got was less than it should have been for 2 weeks of pay. What the hell? Why would they take out so much federal taxes? Any ideas? Ugh, I really don't want to call them.
                    Ugh, that sucks! I'm afraid I have no idea why they'd do that, you'd probably have to talk to a tax expert. *hugs*
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Got tickets to the zoo tomorrow. It should stay dry so yay...
                      And tickets for the Dino Lights exhibit, which is basically big fake dinosaur statues which are lit up from the inside, made from a sort of strong paper or plastic -- very colorful it should be. For my birthday... it should have been with my friends but due to omicron that isn't happening.

Oh and the south of Belgium got snow too except I'm not in the south, more like in the middle, so still no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Ugh, that sucks! I'm afraid I have no idea why they'd do that, you'd probably have to talk to a tax expert. *hugs*
                        Thanks. *hugs* Another issue with the USA. Peons like myself pay more in income taxes than many billionaires do.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                        And tickets for the Dino Lights exhibit, which is basically big fake dinosaur statues which are lit up from the inside, made from a sort of strong paper or plastic -- very colorful it should be. For my birthday... it should have been with my friends but due to omicron that isn't happening.

Oh and the south of Belgium got snow too except I'm not in the south, more like in the middle, so still no luck.
                        I hope you're enjoying the zoo!! And that Dino Lights exhibit sounds super awesome. Sorry you didn't get any snow. We're supposed to get rain this afternoon that will hopefully wash away what we have. And after that, it's going to get brutally cold. I might even have to turn the heat on.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

That Dino Lights exhibit sounds really cool, hope you have a great time!

The weather's still looking better where I am; clear and chilly now, but it should warm up to about 45 F later today. Not so great in other parts of Washington though; all of our east-west mountain passes have been closed for the last couple of days due to massive amounts of snow.

Thanks. *hugs* Another issue with the USA. Peons like myself pay more in income taxes than many billionaires do.
                          That's because the billionaires can pay an army of accountants to find all the loopholes. Thing is, us peons are eligible for those loopholes too, we just don't know about them because we don't have time to scour the bloated tax code books to find them.

Comment

That's because the billionaires can pay an army of accountants to find all the loopholes. Thing is, us peons are eligible for those loopholes too, we just don't know about them because we don't have time to scour the bloated tax code books to find them.

They also can spend tons of money to lobby members of Congress, who in turn write the laws to favor them.

Sorry, I'm just cranky.

Comment

They also can spend tons of money to lobby members of Congress, who in turn write the laws to favor them.

Sorry, I'm just cranky.
                              Lobbying should be banned. Campaign contributions should be banned. Political parties should be banned. But then, I think the whole system has been subverted so much that it can't be salvaged. Tear it all down and start over.

Joining you on the cranky train.

In other news, I've got an early, early, out all day expedition tomorrow, so I'll wish you all an early Happy Canon Monday, and I'll see you all on Tuesday!

Comment

The Raiders made the playoffs with a win (in overtime) tonight. It was a crazy, intense game that came down to the last second of overtime. It's now 12:45 am and I can't imagine sleep will be coming anytime soon. I've been too busy doing a happy dance around the house.
                                ​​​​​​

Lobbying should be banned. Campaign contributions should be banned. Political parties should be banned. But then, I think the whole system has been subverted so much that it can't be salvaged. Tear it all down and start over.

Joining you on the cranky train.
                                Agreed!! I think the entire premise of how the Senate is set up is bogus. It would only make sense if states had somewhat equal numbers of voters. Why should a state like North Dakota with their tiny population have the same number of senators as California or Texas with their millions? And don't get me started on the Electoral College.

In other news, I've got an early, early, out all day expedition tomorrow, so I'll wish you all an early Happy Canon Monday, and I'll see you all on Tuesday!
                                Have fun! I hope it's successful!!

Comment

Working...
                                X