X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I seem to have killed this thread. *sniffle*

*pokes*

Wake up!

I started my Marks fic. Chapter one is giving me trouble. I want to get to later. LOL.
    sigpic
    Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
    I'm a 60%er!
    ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Originally posted by badboyzII~86 View Post
      Haha thankyou Iawen and sg-daniel

Yeah one of the strange things ,that he was in the final for both series. Reminds me of that line "no matter where you are, there i am" Seems like it fits Marks to a tee
      or "no matter where you are, there is marks" *giggles*

Originally posted by Iawen View Post
      That is awesome! There should be a smilie for Marks, LOL!!

Do you have a favorite Marks screencap?
      LOL i wonder how that smilie would look like grin

and no i dont actually have one favourite screencap, i have many lol

So I seem to have killed this thread. *sniffle*

*pokes*

Wake up!

I started my Marks fic. Chapter one is giving me trouble. I want to get to later. LOL.
      ahh no way! because of you the thread is even alive! before i was posting all by myself!

ohh go fic bunnies!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-daniel View Post
        or "no matter where you are, there is marks" *giggles*

LOL i wonder how that smilie would look like grin

and no i dont actually have one favourite screencap, i have many lol

ahh no way! because of you the thread is even alive! before i was posting all by myself!

ohh go fic bunnies!
        I'm glad you're not posting by yourself! I love Marks way too much to let that happen, LOL.

I'd have to go through all the episodes he is in to decide if I have a favorite. Although one of him hurt would probably make the list, LOL!! *enjoys whump* In fact, I think I will be hurting him in my fic, LOL.

Chapter one is about him as a kid with his family. It's hard. I don't know how to write boys and their fathers. LOL.
        sigpic
        Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
        I'm a 60%er!
        ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

I'm glad you're not posting by yourself! I love Marks way too much to let that happen, LOL.

I'd have to go through all the episodes he is in to decide if I have a favorite. Although one of him hurt would probably make the list, LOL!! *enjoys whump* In fact, I think I will be hurting him in my fic, LOL.

Chapter one is about him as a kid with his family. It's hard. I don't know how to write boys and their fathers. LOL.
          before i had him aalll to myself, but i'll share with you its much more fun if there are more people lol

okay, you hurt him and i'll kiss it all better thats a deal! lol

oh phew, dont know how to write that either, the thing i can write really good is daniel and vala fighting lol

Comment

before i had him aalll to myself, but i'll share with you its much more fun if there are more people lol

okay, you hurt him and i'll kiss it all better thats a deal! lol

oh phew, dont know how to write that either, the thing i can write really good is daniel and vala fighting lol
            Darn right, you'll share!

You have a deal. I enjoy whumping characters. LOL.

D/V fighting? Sweet! Do you have fics on that to share?
            sigpic
            I'm a 60%er!
            ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Darn right, you'll share!

You have a deal. I enjoy whumping characters. LOL.

D/V fighting? Sweet! Do you have fics on that to share?
              only because its you

thats good, because i enjoy making whumped characters feel better *grins*

hmm, not really much fighting in there but some, "The Poem" (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) its dramatic but soo cute

i have a few fighting scenes on my computer, but they're just scenes and i havent been able to write them into a story.

Comment

Interesting! I *love* Daniel and Vala so much. They're my favorite Stargate couple ever!!! Will read your poems!

Now, I can't decide how exactly to hurt Marks in my fic. Or which ship he'll be on because he ends up on all of them. Pretty sure he won't be on the Odyssey anymore though LOL.
                sigpic
                I'm a 60%er!
                ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

they're my favourite pair too they're awesome
                  and wohoo!

oh yeah thats a tough one, i cant see marks with any of them but any girl would be so lucky to get him

Comment

OFC in fanfiction is a toughie; they get labelled Mary Sues so quickly that it's hard for even non-Mary Sues to stand a chance. I might not pair him up with anyone in my fic. Will have to think about it. I will probably also keep Marks on the Daedalus, not the Apollo, because I really like Colonel Caldwell. I like the other Colonel, too, but Caldwell is awesome.
                    sigpic
                    I'm a 60%er!
                    ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

oh yeah, i could imagine that he totally loves his work and spends all his time with it a little like daniel i would also keep him on the daedalus, he and caldwell make a great team

gotta go now though, talk you later! and good luck with the fic! looking forward to read it

Comment

Strange that we both had to leave at the same time, LOL!!

I will have fun with my fic once I can get past the first chapter, LOL! Oh and writing all the military stuff has me scared, too. LOL.

Decided to keep him on the Daedalus. I decided that he was needed for that special assignment that one time on the Apollo and Caldwell was NOT happy about it. Hahaha.

Also, I plan to take the fic past season five of Atlantis where Majors Marks, Davis, and Lorne all receive promotions, LOL. Although probably not all at the same time.
                        sigpic
                        I'm a 60%er!
                        ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

oh yeah! perfect timing lol

i was just thinking, talking about marks childhood and that, who do you think got him inspired to go to the US Airforce?

and lol imagine the ship captains fighting over who gets marks on their ship *giggles*

Comment

BadboyzII, where did you go? I hope you didn't feel we were ignoring you! I realized when I was looking back over my posts it might have come off that way, but I wasn't!! Come back and post with us!!!

oh yeah! perfect timing lol

i was just thinking, talking about marks childhood and that, who do you think got him inspired to go to the US Airforce?

and lol imagine the ship captains fighting over who gets marks on their ship *giggles*
                            Funny you should ask that because I address those questions in my fic! I do have them all worked out for how it will be in my fic; I just hope I can write it well!!

Since I'm enjoying this convo so much I will share with you my ideas on that, if you don't mind. So basically, I've worked it out that Marks had a really happy childhood with three older sisters and parents who were still together. Then, when he was ten, his dad died suddenly and he found himself the man of the household, a position much unwanted by a ten year old, LOL. Anyway, their family struggles for awhile and Marks tries to be a good "man" like his dad was, but he's still young and he's got some anger over his dad dying and such. His uncle comes along to help out, and he's a pilot, and he sees what his nephew is going through and so he takes him up flying. Marks loves it so much that his uncle promises to teach him how fly if he will behave himself and stuff. (I'm not having him into drugs or constantly fighting or anything; that happens in a lot of stories and while I realize that a lot of boys go through that with grief and stuff, not every boy does so I want to showcase one that's different.) So he loves flying and stuff and already knows how and when he graduates high school he decides to join the air force to be able to serve his country AND fly at the same time.

Hahaha, I should write a scene with the commanders fighting over getting Marks. Maybe I will. Hee hee, good idea!! And then General O'Neill can come in and break it up and make the final decision. LOL.
                            Last edited by Iawen; 25 January 2009, 10:05 PM.
                            sigpic
                            I'm a 60%er!
                            ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

BadboyzII, where did you go? I hope you didn't feel we were ignoring you! I realized when I was looking back over my posts it might have come off that way, but I wasn't!! Come back and post with us!!!
                              i second that! please come back and join us in the posting

Funny you should ask that because I address those questions in my fic! I do have them all worked out for how it will be in my fic; I just hope I can write it well!!

Since I'm enjoying this convo so much I will share with you my ideas on that, if you don't mind. So basically, I've worked it out that Marks had a really happy childhood with three older sisters and parents who were still together. Then, when he was ten, his dad died suddenly and he found himself the man of the household, a position much unwanted by a ten year old, LOL. Anyway, their family struggles for awhile and Marks tries to be a good "man" like his dad was, but he's still young and he's got some anger over his dad dying and such. His uncle comes along to help out, and he's a pilot, and he sees what his nephew is going through and so he takes him up flying. Marks loves it so much that his uncle promises to teach him how fly if he will behave himself and stuff. (I'm not having him into drugs or constantly fighting or anything; that happens in a lot of stories and while I realize that a lot of boys go through that with grief and stuff, not every boy does so I want to showcase one that's different.) So he loves flying and stuff and already knows how and when he graduates high school he decides to join the air force to be able to serve his country AND fly at the same time.

Hahaha, I should write a scene with the commanders fighting over getting Marks. Maybe I will. Hee hee, good idea!! And then General O'Neill can come in and break it up and make the final decision. LOL.
                              lol i was only thinking about that because of your fic

also interesting idea about his childhood, awww its so cute imagining little marks running around
                              and totally support the decision to leave out drugs and fighting, that just doesnt fit for him.

in my mind his dad was pilot and they loved to look to at the stars at night and talk about what it would be like on a space ship then marks became a pilot himself and applied for the space missions so he could see what its really like flying in space

Comment

in my mind his dad was pilot and they loved to look to at the stars at night and talk about what it would be like on a space ship then marks became a pilot himself and applied for the space missions so he could see what its really like flying in space
                                Right on! I could totally see that too.
                                sigpic
                                I'm a 60%er!
                                ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X