No announcement yet.

wraith/human relationship possibilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nebulan! *Tacklehuggle* Didn't know you were on here! (Nalana on DA) I remember the 2nd pic. I adore the other two! 'specially the one posted-posted!

For us, markings are designed by one or two artisans. They denote rank and depending on the queen's preference, hive. (Those without any markings, like "Steve"/Aisilon...possibly Michael?... are the First Blessed) I believe Joe Mallozzi noted they were for rank in his blog.

And yes, you're right. They are a tad more...dodgy. But for me I always thought it was their way of expressing their superiority.

We need more hybrids! Yes, yes we do. Which reminds me...never decided if my wraith worshiper was gonna have a hybrid... *hugs Lyticarium*
    "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

Originally posted by Marie C. View Post
      Hmm..... That's a very unique way of thinking, you two. Huh...now you've got my mind spinning in a thousand different directions!!!

chuckyducky, what makes you think that male wraith don't have paternal instincts? I'm just curious because if there's not a lot of children period, wouldn't they feel the need to substitute that with something else?

SoulSpinder, those are ideas I've never thought of before. I'm just wondering if you've noticed that the Wraith scientists tend to be a little...umm...eccentric than the other Wraith? I've also noticed that they have different markings than others, does that mean a symbol of rank, what hive they serve, or some other status? It just seemed to me that the scientists had more open minds than other Wraith. As for Michael, I'm sure that whatever markings he had before he was inserted with the retrovirus are permanently gone now...
      Hi,

Okay, well...er...if there are Wraiths who possess paternal instincts (towards children of both species), they are far and few between. My theory is, they are anomalies in the hierarchy of Wraith society, quickly exterminated because of some perceived notion of weakness. Remember, Michael barely escaped after his second rescue. The Wraiths thought him unclean. Imagine the fate of Wraiths who harbor an affection towards a human child. They wouldn’t survive long, which may be the reason why we haven’t seen any as of yet.

Then again, we haven't children culled either. Maybe that’s because the adult faces we’ve seen suspended in animation were once children, lets say, two days ago. Maybe those children were aged before their time. That might explain why we’ve seen so few. Shrug! I'm not quite sure....

Comment

Originally posted by SoulSpinder View Post
        Nebulan! *Tacklehuggle* Didn't know you were on here! (Nalana on DA) I remember the 2nd pic. I adore the other two! 'specially the one posted-posted!
        aaaahhh!! *glompsback* oh yeah, that reminds me, I should do something with that michael-teyla club on started on dA *doh* I really wanna, stupid school, which is, of course, what I've avoiding at the moment, tho at 1:19 in the morning I really should get crackin.

as for markings, maybe all wraith should have them except the writers didn't start doing that until Bob, lol! cuz the Keeper didn't have any either, did she? I think it's possible Michael did have some but they used what ever medical techniques to remove it so Michael didn't use it as a clue to who he really was, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
          I should do something with that michael-teyla club on started on dA *doh* I really wanna, stupid school.

as for markings, maybe all wraith should have them except the writers didn't start doing that until Bob, lol! cuz the Keeper didn't have any either, did she? !
          Don't worry about the club. I feel the same way with my Sparky! and Wraith clubs... x.x stupid school indeed.

and SHHH... I like to think Aisilon's special.

As for surviving children- since the feeding process isn't am actual aging process and its implied that the process itself is even lethal, perhaps children aren't strong enough to survive a feeding. Or, perhaps since human and wraith children look similar children in Pegasus have built up some sort of immunity? It could also be population control- make sure you don't wipe out an entire people so that you have some to feed on later. Or it could be related to maternal instincts in that each child has a potential to eventually be useful?

Comment

Don't worry about the club. I feel the same way with my Sparky! and Wraith clubs... x.x stupid school indeed.

and SHHH... I like to think Aisilon's special.

As for surviving children- since the feeding process isn't am actual aging process and its implied that the process itself is even lethal, perhaps children aren't strong enough to survive a feeding. Or, perhaps since human and wraith children look similar children in Pegasus have built up some sort of immunity? It could also be population control- make sure you don't wipe out an entire people so that you have some to feed on later. Or it could be related to maternal instincts in that each child has a potential to eventually be useful?
            True.. OH! you're on deviantART??? (I'm Tal-Mara-Siten) cool! once again, SoulSpinder, you've given me quite the food for thought! (and i'm already at school!) And the explanation about the markings really helped, thanks!

chuckyducky, you're right. That's why I like making stories about the rare Wraith who do harbor paternal instincts...It's so rare that anything could happen.

Nebulan, hiya! glad to see someone else is as interested in the Wraith as the rest of us!
            I am NOT slashing these two!!
            sigpic
            beautiful pic made by Luciana

Comment

Marie- MUH HAHAHAHAHA! You have now been glomped!

Hey, guys, I wanted to run this by you. I was considering starting a Wraith-society Role-Play Forum with the friend mentioned before under our views of wraith society. You'd be able to play as a wraith or worshipper...heck if you wanted to be prey I suppose you can. (So , I suppose we'd also allow, say, runners and caregivers and the like that are human in addition to worshippers.) Eventually it would have a companion site with all the social codes and stuff I put in here earlier in a lil more detail and such.

The sight might also contain character profiles, but i'm not sure how I'd work that out. (whether a person could just create their own, or we list the information and have it sent to us to put up. )

I must admit it was prompted by this forum, as when the thought first came up it was just to be a hive. But I really like the thought of including the humans as well.

Comment

Marie- MUH HAHAHAHAHA! You have now been glomped!

Hey, guys, I wanted to run this by you. I was considering starting a Wraith-society Role-Play Forum with the friend mentioned before under our views of wraith society. You'd be able to play as a wraith or worshipper...heck if you wanted to be prey I suppose you can. (So , I suppose we'd also allow, say, runners and caregivers and the like that are human in addition to worshippers.) Eventually it would have a companion site with all the social codes and stuff I put in here earlier in a lil more detail and such.

The sight might also contain character profiles, but i'm not sure how I'd work that out. (whether a person could just create their own, or we list the information and have it sent to us to put up. )

I must admit it was prompted by this forum, as when the thought first came up it was just to be a hive. But I really like the thought of including the humans as well.
                SoulSpinder: AACCKK!!! *gets glomped* GLOMP BACK AT YA!!!!!

That sounds soooo fun!!! what's the site?
                sigpic

Comment

hey, guys! i just found this site, http://forums.sgcsim.com/ it has all of the simulators plus a few more new ones as well!

unfortunatly, it does not have the dhd dialing sim, if you need that please pm me and i will send you a link to the site where you can get it.

Comment

Found a really good pic of a Wraith that inspired my story on Wraithbait...

http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s...ent=wraith.jpg

To me, he looks like the fatherly type.
                    sigpic

Comment

thank you zonks i appriciate it talk to you later.

Comment

Originally posted by acended phoenix View Post
                        thank you zonks i appriciate it talk to you later.
                        you're welcome! sorry if it's so small, but I couldn't find any on photobucket that struck me like that!
                        sigpic

Comment

http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/int...fazanos_01.jpg

http://tv.infinitecoolness.com/11/sgatlantis11b.jpg

http://www.keetabrell.de/Stargate%20...aith%20003.jpg

http://www.keetabrell.de/Stargate%20...aith%20001.jpg

http://www.btinternet.com/~crippsy_9...nor_wraith.jpg

Just wanted to show you what pics inspired me to think about the stories i write. Thanks!
                          sigpic

Comment

Sorry! one last note here: i apologize if i'm going of topic in this thread, but i'm just so interested in the Wraith that i couldn't help it.

Oh, BTW, i'm starting a new story that takes into consideration SoulSpinder's and chuckyducky's views on the Wraith. oh, SoulSpinder, what is the site for that RP you're talking about? that sounds soooo cool!
                            sigpic

Comment

you don't have to be sorry. this thread is mainly for wraith/human relations but it also excepts anything wraith related.

so, any ideas you have...don't be afriad to write them down.

Comment

Originally posted by acended phoenix View Post
                                you don't have to be sorry. this thread is mainly for wraith/human relations but it also excepts anything wraith related.

so, any ideas you have...don't be afriad to write them down.
                                Have you seen the behind the scenes in Season Two of Atlantis? It's about the wraith and I LOVE it! I especially love it when James (or whatever he's called) sings something about how the wraith are misunderstood! LOL! it didn't help that he was in his wraith costume either!

Do you think that there was another Wraith scientist who messed with human and Wraith DNA? I'm wondering if it's possible to have a human who's DNA was changed until it was half wraith and half human....what kind of characteristics would the person have?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X