wraith/human relationship possibilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by acended phoenix View Post
    the reason the wraith never returned for the child was most likely because they didn't know that she was still alive, they probably thought that she died in the crash along with the other wraith.

also, we do not know what kind of queen she was related to, her "mother" could have been cold hearted, and not have cared about the child.
    True...it was just a thought i had because i was thinking on the lines of their mental link. wouldn't the remaining wraith that was alive try to contact other wraith hiveships? or was he just to hungry to care? here's another question...do you think that the remaining male wraith was her father?
    I am NOT slashing these two!!
    sigpic
    beautiful pic made by Luciana

Comment

What if a wraith married a human and they had kids would the kids be 1/2Wraith or would they be 3/4 human because i thought wraiths were half human?

sigpic
      Class of 2004-2009!!

Comment

probably not, the remaining wraith probably just took on a semi-fatherly role in order to keep the child, and the other remaing wraith that survived, in his little clan/group.

and as for half-wraith/half-human children. according to rodney in the episode vengence.

and i quote "

McKAY: It doesn’t work that way with the Wraith, alright? At least, we don’t think it does. We’re not entirely sure as to the Wraiths’ reproductive methods."

so, maybe wraith/human children are impossible. at this point we just don't know.

Comment

ok, guys and gals.

i have recived many questions reguarding the dhd sims. unfortunately the file is too large to be attached through the pm's, so, if you would like a copy, just pm. me your e-mail, and i will attach the files and send them to you.

as always if you have any questions my door is always open.

Comment

Originally posted by acended phoenix View Post
            probably not, the remaining wraith probably just took on a semi-fatherly role in order to keep the child, and the other remaing wraith that survived, in his little clan/group.

and as for half-wraith/half-human children. according to rodney in the episode vengence.

and i quote "

McKAY: It doesn’t work that way with the Wraith, alright? At least, we don’t think it does. We’re not entirely sure as to the Wraiths’ reproductive methods."

so, maybe wraith/human children are impossible. at this point we just don't know.
            True. I didn't think of it that way...probably just because I was still somewhat confused by it. thanks for helping me clear it up a little!
            sigpic

Comment

no problem, glad to be of assistance.

Comment

It would be good if they could though,
                would that make them more like 3/4 parts human and 1/4 wraith?
                Rodney should investigate or experiment to find out the wraiths methods of reproducing
                Do you think its asexual or sexual?
                it would be good for him to find out...
                or do the wraith increase their population by getting that iratus bug and so on.....
                sigpic
                If i was a picture i'd look something like this, cos friendship brightens my day!!!

Comment

i'm not sure, but according to the wraith queen herself, we will be learning alot about the wraith the episode "spoils of war"

also, i'm having some trouble with sending the dhd sims, please be patient as i try to remedy this problem.

Comment

OOOO! Now /this/ is my topic! ((Soul Spinder = the person preaching she wants wraith-human hybrids since episode 7 of season 1.))

So let me try to tackle my take on both types of relationship. First, platonic/relations.

The biggest thing in the way of this happening is the obvious feeding habits of the wraith. But, that doesn't matter. And when I say that I mean we already have a form of relationship between humans and wraith: the wraith worshipers.

Now some would say this is just a form of slavery and that the whole "worship" part makes it irrelevant. But what is required for you to follow a physical being? Trust, devotion, and some amount of respect from both parties. The wraith are 'merciful' to those who serve them well. Well why wouldn't they only favor certain people? They have to be afraid that if someone doesn't believe in them/do their will they're probably against them. And being against them means possible threat to THEIR lives. Additionally, it seems like those who are mostly trusted are fairly safe from the food chain.

The wraith have also expressed wishes for hte alliences, which means they can consider/do consider humans more then a food source.

As for romantic situations, I can completely see it happening. Exspecially with the wraith worshipers in the works where a level of trust and devotion already exists. One could argue that is a form of love in itself.

Then we also have the fact I'm a huge Michael/Teyla fan. Can't help it. There's a tried situation that I'm sad to say probably won't be explored.

Ahhh. So many possibilities!
                    "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

Hi,

My version of a Wraith/human relationship is a darker reflection of "mother love." The birth of a hybrid poses a danger to humans whereas it is only seen as an afternoon snack on a Wraith hive ship. A child that cannot be accepted by either species is, to me, a fascinating concept; and givin the Lanteans tenuous position in the Pegasus galaxy, I doubt they would allow such a child to remain on base.

So I ask, what would a Wraith-fearing Athosian do if she had to choose between her daughter/son and her people? Would she leave it in the hands of an adoptive family? Would she plop her baby in the middle of 6.2 billion earthlings? Or, like the tactical leader that she is, will she do the unthinkable and dispose of it?

For as much as Teyla may grow to love the "life" growing inside her, I think the conflict that would have arisen had that baby been a Wraith/human hybrid...would have been a bad-ass story.

------------------------------

And then, there's Michael. There is no love lost between him and the Lanteans. Nor has he relaxed his ever-evolving outlook on his own species but there is a bond between himself and Teyla. His motive for impregnating Teyla would fall into two bits.

One, to hit her where it hurts. It's a strategic attack that only took minutes to create. It's also a personal afront. Many might say it would make more sense for him to go after Weir and Beckett, since Weir ordered Michael's transformation and Beckett created the retrovirus. Ordinarirly, I would agree but Michael trusted Teyla. When he had a nightmare or needed to talk, it was she he went to; yet, she tried to blow him up on an undisclosed planet. So, I would think, he'd go after the one who hurt him the most and I would also think the best vengeance is the one you never see coming. Manipulate her mind and feed her false facts, and she'll believe it as the truth...until the birth of that baby reveals otherwise.

But there is something else to consider, something more humane. Michael may not want to be alone; he may actually want this baby to survive the months incubating in Teyla's womb and the eventual birth. He may have chosen Teyla because he had trusted her, and apart of him still trusts her now. If that is the case, would he allow her to dispose of it? Or would he pull out all the stops and try to reclaim what is his?

There are so many built-in layers to Michael and Teyla. Both are ruthless in the company of others and soft in private. Anyway, that's the Wraith/human relationship I long to see.
                      Last edited by chuckyducky; 27 November 2007, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckyducky View Post
                        Hi,

My version of a Wraith/human relationship is a darker reflection of "mother love." The birth of a hybrid poses a danger to humans whereas it is only seen as an afternoon snack on a Wraith hive ship. A child that cannot be accepted by either species is, to me, a fascinating concept; and givin the Lanteans tenuous position in the Pegasus galaxy, I doubt they would allow such a child to remain on base.

So I ask, what would a Wraith-fearing Athosian do if she had to choose between her daughter/son and her people? Would she leave it in the hands of an adoptive family? Would she plop her baby in the middle of 6.2 billion earthlings? Or, like the tactical leader that she is, will she do the unthinkable and dispose of it?

For as much as Teyla may grow to love the "life" growing inside her, I think the conflict that would have arisen had that baby been a Wraith/human hybrid...would have been a bad-ass story.

------------------------------

And then, there's Michael. There is no love lost between him and the Lanteans. Nor has he relaxed his ever-evolving outlook on his own species but there is a bond between himself and Teyla. His motive for impregnating Teyla would fall into two bits.

One, to hit her where it hurts. It's a strategic attack that only took minutes to create. It's also a personal afront. Many might say it would make more sense for him to go after Weir and Beckett, since Weir ordered Michael's transformation and Beckett created the retrovirus. Ordinarirly, I would agree but Michael trusted Teyla. When he had a nightmare or needed to talk, it was she he went to; yet, she tried to blow him up on an undisclosed planet. So, I would think, he'd go after the one who hurt him the most and I would also think the best vengeance is the one you never see coming. Manipulate her mind and feed her false facts, and she'll believe it as the truth...until the birth of that baby reveals otherwise.

But there is something else to consider, something more humane. Michael may not want to be alone; he may actually want this baby to survive the months incubating in Teyla's womb and the eventual birth. He may have chosen Teyla because he had trusted her, and apart of him still trusts her now. If that is the case, would he allow her to dispose of it? Or would he pull out all the stops and try to reclaim what is his?

There are so many built-in layers to Michael and Teyla. Both are ruthless in the company of others and soft in private. Anyway, that's the Wraith/human relationship I long to see.
                        SHE'S PREGNANT!???? Sorry if I'm a little behind the game here, but I don't have cable and haven't seen season 4 yet.

I agree with SoulSpinder, though. Of course, I'm kinda like that in any story I write, anyway. SoulSpinder and chuckyducky, have you read my Atlantis wraith/human story on http://www.wraithbait.com yet? My author name is Wraith Queen and it's called "Star-Child". SoulSpinder, it might actually agree with your point of view on the subject, so i'd like to have your opinion if you have the time.

Well, to put my ideas into a shortened form, I think that because the Wraith can have so few children of their own, that they can have some weakness for children of other races (a.k.a. human). I've noticed that they don't take human children during their cullings. The episode Instinct in season 2 gave me the idea that if an eccentric Wraith (whatever that is) would come upon a human child and end up becoming a father-like figure...What do you think?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Marie C. View Post
                          SHE'S PREGNANT!???? Sorry if I'm a little behind the game here, but I don't have cable and haven't seen season 4 yet.

I agree with SoulSpinder, though. Of course, I'm kinda like that in any story I write, anyway. SoulSpinder and chuckyducky, have you read my Atlantis wraith/human story on http://www.wraithbait.com yet? My author name is Wraith Queen and it's called "Star-Child". SoulSpinder, it might actually agree with your point of view on the subject, so i'd like to have your opinion if you have the time.

Well, to put my ideas into a shortened form, I think that because the Wraith can have so few children of their own, that they can have some weakness for children of other races (a.k.a. human). I've noticed that they don't take human children during their cullings. The episode Instinct in season 2 gave me the idea that if an eccentric Wraith (whatever that is) would come upon a human child and end up becoming a father-like figure...What do you think?
                          I'm sorry I spoiled it for you. Yes, Teyla is pregnant. The good news is, so was her portrayor, Rachel Luttrell. Mrs. Luttrell gave birth to a healthy, bouncing baby boy a month ago. I hear all is doing well!

As for Teyla's pregnancy, all I can say is, right now, there is still room for speculation. I do know who the father is, though and it's a bummer but there is still room to change that. Let's hope the writers take it and run with it.

As for children, I think Wraiths can birth quite a number of children in one go. The ratio between male and female is, I think, 1:8. Apparently, there are very few female children in Wraith society.

I also doubt a Wraith would spare a child's life because of some paternal instinct. Humans are food. We are to them what cows are to us. Just because the food comes in a smaller package, doesn't mean a Wraith is not going to feed.

I wonder how they decide which child will become, for example, a guard, a general, a scientist, or a queen?

How are these children fed if adult Wraiths feed by sucking lifeforce? Are humans forced to take care of them, until they reach of age? Are these caretakers drained of their lifeforce as an initiation to Wraith society?

What's more, if Wraith children look so much like us, what do Wraith babies look like? Could you distinguish between a Wraith infant from that of a human?

I have so many questions.

But God, I love Michael and Teyla. I can't even explain what it is about them that's got me hooked....

Comment

Lets just keep spoilers under cut from now on, kay? ^.^ but I'm glad to hear her and her son are doing well! I'm happy you like my ideas, though!

Marie- I haven't read your fic, but if I get some time I'll be sure to check it out!

This may be a little off topic from the wraith/human part of the thread, but I feel like addressing your questions Ducky.

A friend and I were actually planning to start a hive website with our own theories/takes on social dynamics of wraith at one point so I suppose I have my own version of those questions. I'm not saying I'm probably even close to what will be in "cannon" but, hey. I try.

In our theory what you are to be "When you grow up" are dependent on a couple things. First, what type of wraith you are. Second, birth rank. Third, personal achievement. But first it might be easier to answer the wraith as young question.

We learned in Instinct that wraith children look like normal children until a certain age and can be satisfied with normal food. Albeit wraith children do have some wraith characteristics. Say, paler/cloudy skin tone or other subtle things.

We had two theories for rearing. The first was that it was a job given to trusted worshipers. We never decided if these worshipers were to do this until their natural death, but I was thinking perhaps a wraith child's first prey/initiation as adult is to feed on the one who was most influential in their growth. A twisted honor, if you will.

The second is that there are actually more females then we see. But, like a lion pride, there is only to be one per hive. These rogue females, incapable of being Queens or regents rear the young and/or are allowed to birth a single/few children.

Queens along have the right/capability to "spawn." Any by this I mean dozens of wraith being created at once. These become the "faceless" wraith fodders. They're drones, for only a single purpose.

Your birth status is just as it sounds: who are your parents? More importantly, your mother? We have three "sections" of females. The Queens watch over a group of wraith. Regents, which may be male on occasion, are females who control various ships of The Queen's fleet/territory. Then there are the discarded females.

The position of General and Scientists are generally reserved for sons of the Queen. A warrior is generally of the regents or rogues, but may raise up to general through proof of ability, capability, intelligence, strength, and being a good suck-up. (No pun intended)

To be a Queen, in general, you'd be the daughter of a Queen or Regent. To earn the status you must defeat a current Queen, or out wit/fight others contending for the position after the death of a Queen. If you're extremely lucky you might be able to pick up the scraps of a hive that lost their ruler from someone other then another wraith.

Lets relate this back to our topic now. Those dynamics really aren't that far from some societies way of life. Their actual interaction between each other is rather formal, yes, but there are still friendships. Queens have those who they prefer over others. (My friend and I call those ones the "first blessed") There are titles for profession. ( duty-born are the no-faces, the Graced are artisans, Herders are those who keep human planets in check, High Defenders are those in high command positions. Searchers are the sportsmen in charge of runners. So on and so forth)

They do have names but they're not exactly spread. So, each probably knows the other's name-or at least the name of their queen- but names are not said to one another. That is a honor highly reserved. As an example, a queen may "name" a first-blessed herself, but the wraith would keep his original name as well.

The fact that they're able to organize and conduct themselves in recognizable ways makes them more compatible to interacting with humans. Like it has been said by various wraith (Michael, "Todd" [or as we'd call him, Vaxaii]) humans are more like wraith then they'll ever care to admit.
                            "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

Hmm..... That's a very unique way of thinking, you two. Huh...now you've got my mind spinning in a thousand different directions!!!

chuckyducky, what makes you think that male wraith don't have paternal instincts? I'm just curious because if there's not a lot of children period, wouldn't they feel the need to substitute that with something else?

SoulSpinder, those are ideas I've never thought of before. I'm just wondering if you've noticed that the Wraith scientists tend to be a little...umm...eccentric than the other Wraith? I've also noticed that they have different markings than others, does that mean a symbol of rank, what hive they serve, or some other status? It just seemed to me that the scientists had more open minds than other Wraith. As for Michael, I'm sure that whatever markings he had before he was inserted with the retrovirus are permanently gone now...
                              sigpic

Comment

wraith!babies!!!

Spoiler:
                                even tho I don't think Michael is the father of teyla's baby, I drew this anyway:
                                http://nebulan.deviantart.com/art/Te...ghter-40830398
                                She's Jill... she's like my little Mary-Sue, cuz I'm an idiot.
                                here's the original picture:
                                http://nebulan.deviantart.com/art/Fr...Photo-36171608

As to whether Michael and Teyla could have kids... I dunno... how human is he? How wraith is she? and besides, if they actually did fall in love and want to have kids (lol! wow, I'm really getting out there, hense my "freaky family photo" picture) Michael could probably whip one up in a test tube

Sorry, I guess I don't have anything intelligent to add to the conversation

Comment

Working...
                                X