No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the idea of a spiky hair campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by DrsChick View Post
      <snip>

I'm getting excited about FedCon, a little nervous as I'm going by myself (am the only big-time sci-fi fan in my family/friends). Glad to read posts on past cons and very jealous of seeing those pics of PaulHugs hope I get one!!

<snip>
      .:I'm going by myself, too...but I'm coming from Ontario! D:

.:I so want a Paul!hug too!

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
      *waves back* Thanks! and it's definitely good to meet you too.

Another party? hehe ... sounds good to me. Though, I'm always up for a party (especially when said party involves Paul in some way).

In whatever I want? Oh the possibilities. Yikes!

Hmm ... gonna have to give that one some thought. But for starters I'm thinking of some hot fudge ...

Thanks. Yeah, it's definitely been a crazy few months.

For our honeymoon we spent two weeks in Florida. For the first week we went to Disney and stayed at their Caribbean Beach Resort. It's such a beautiful resort. It's a great place to stay if you ever plan a Disney vacation. It was so much fun! Then, my husband's parents live in Florida, so we spent half of the second week with his mom and the other half with his dad. It was a blast.

Oh my goodness, congrats! I hope you (and everyone in the thread who is going) have a blast! Though I'm sure you will. I'm so jealous of all of you!

I can't wait to hear all about your experience!

Be Safe and Have Fun!

Cheers!
      .:Ooooh, your honeymoon sounds like it was lovely! I'll definitely remember the resort. If I ever go to Florida, maybe I'll stay there.

.:I wish you were coming, too! I'll try and make a functional con report, but with my memory... >__<

.:Yeah, my family's afraid I'll get raped and dismembered or something, simply because I'm going by myself. I essentially told them all to deal with it. *shrug*

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
      cshwayze! Welcome back!!!

Fedcon news for me.....
      Spoiler:
      So, you have no idea how i hate to say this, but it's really looking like I won't be able to go

Not only has my check STILL not cleared but I also have had a bunch of things come up lately financial wise and I just don't think I even have the money to afford to go... I am getting really bummed out about it as it's getting closer.

What can I say, a lot of this is horse related, and I gotta admit, the horse comes first in my world. They aren't cheap and things will come up that need to be paid for and taken care of... My horse is my life and I'm not going to skimp on his care, even if that means I won't have the money for a fun trip away (no matter how bad I want to go). Heh, that and I am getting in desperate need of a new laptop. I'm moving out soon and need my own computer badly.

*sigh* I wish I had a money tree in my back yard...

Not much else from me tonight guys, it's been a long weekend and I'm still dead tired, off to bed for me!
      .:Awww! Darn! I was hoping you'd be able to go! T_T

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
      Aww. I'm sorry you don't get to go. I don't get to go either. Maybe we can have our own party...haha! I understand completely about your horse. My horse is just a glorified lawn mower right now...soon to change. But if anything ever happened to him health wise, I know I'd do everything I could (financially willing) to make sure he got the treatment he needed. And moving for the first time in your life takes a lot out of your piggy bank too as I'm finding out. :/ And I still don't have my new laptop yet...

I'm actually really very upset about FedCon, cause seriously, when is Paul ever gonna be 3hrs away from me again?!?! I hope everyone going has a kick ass time. Give him a hug from me!

*insert dirt picture here*
      Because I'm on my mom's computer and can't get to my photos :/
      .:Aw, not you too! D: <3

Originally posted by TJuk View Post
      I think we should start a campaign to get the pointy-do back!!! I miss the pointy-do & stubble of season one!!!
      .:Eeek, it's TJ! You don't post here nearly enough, woman.

.:Yeah, he's looking a little...flat, isn't he? O.o I hope that's not how it is for the whole season! He looks amazing with the fauxhawk!

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
      I hope it's not too bad but Paul seems older with this style... Much older
      .:Really? You think so? Hmmm... *tilts head*

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
        thank you for the pics^^. Maybe we should start a "Save Carson's Hair" - campain. Or I'll just comment JM's blog that I want his pointy-do back

RIG I love this avatar.
        Thanx.

I miss his pointy hair too. I wanna save Carson's hair!!!
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE HAIR!!!!!
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

» Ee, cute ^

» SAVE CARSON BECKETT'S HAIR!

Comment

Thanx.

Great EMO Carson sig Reiko! Made me giggle!
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                Also, have ya'll seen the new Seed Promo Pictures? I have some links and commentary to them here: http://reiko-afterglow.livejournal.com/3611.html However, I must find the original topic ..

Woohoo!!!! Love new pics of Paul. Can't get enough - thank you thank you!

Fedcon news for me.....
                [spoiler]So, you have no idea how i hate to say this, but it's really looking like I won't be able to go
                I'm so sorry - that is a bummer you can't go but can I just say, you have your priorities right on. Your horse should be that important. You are doing the right thing, I wish all animal owners were as caring as you.

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
                I hope it's not too bad but Paul seems older with this style... Much older
                I agree. Paul is only 2 years older than me so I feel like I should be a fairly decent judge of his age (David Hewlett is older than Paul but I think he looks younger)

I think it is lack of that sexy stubble and lack of that wonderful "pointy hair." Plus they did a bad hair dye job - too dark and all one color. One word for the stylist - HIGHLIGHTS... 'nough said.

However, I doubt we'll see the super sexy stubble again on Atlantis b/c it is coming in grey on him (from the pic awhile back on JM's blog) - which personally I don't mind much. Genetics - not much he can do.

All that said - he is still damn fine looking!!!! And none of that slows my thunking for him at all
                Last edited by photocat; 03 June 2008, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Paul Interview finally posted!!!!

(I found this from another user who posted it in Stargate News - so I can't take full credit for the find!)

http://craig-mcgill.com/2008/06/03/t...ion-interview/

Turned out not to be as in depth as I thought it would be unfortunately but worth the read.

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
                    Aww. I'm sorry you don't get to go. I don't get to go either. Maybe we can have our own party...haha! I understand completely about your horse. My horse is just a glorified lawn mower right now...soon to change. But if anything ever happened to him health wise, I know I'd do everything I could (financially willing) to make sure he got the treatment he needed. And moving for the first time in your life takes a lot out of your piggy bank too as I'm finding out. :/ And I still don't have my new laptop yet...

I'm actually really very upset about FedCon, cause seriously, when is Paul ever gonna be 3hrs away from me again?!?! I hope everyone going has a kick ass time. Give him a hug from me!

*insert dirt picture here*
                    Because I'm on my mom's computer and can't get to my photos :/
                    Yeah! Party for those who don't get to go to fedcon! I like the sound of that... *plots* Would take my mind sorta off not actually getting to be there...

Hehe, my horse would LOVE to be a lawn mower... but tough luck he gets to work *evil laugh* Sometimes I wonder what I'd do with all the money I'd have if I didn't have a horse... no, wait, I know! I'd go to cons

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
                    Idlewild, I'm so sorry to hear you won't be able to make it, but you're absolutely right: your horse's care is more important than a con. I wish it could have worked out so everyone could get what they wanted/needed, but that is how life goes sometimes. If you want, I can PM you my cell phone number so at least you can chat with a few of us during the weekend.
                    Oh I would LOVE to chat with you guys during the con! That would be so awesome and would totally make my day!

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
                    Hon, call them up and ask about your check, even if you've decided you can't go. Their number is on the site, 877-203-4175. At least find out what the heck was going on with your registration.
                    Yeah, I'm gonna... I kinda have a suspicion that it just got lost in the mail and they never even got it.

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
                    .:Awww! Darn! I was hoping you'd be able to go! T_T
                    I know, I am so bummed!! I was so hoping I could pull it off, but don't think so... if I wasn't going to be out of work for awhile at the end of this month I could probably foot it, but it'll be probably three weeks I won't have an income and that's going to make things a little tight as it is with moving and all.

Originally posted by photocat View Post
                    I'm so sorry - that is a bummer you can't go but can I just say, you have your priorities right on. Your horse should be that important. You are doing the right thing, I wish all animal owners were as caring as you.
                    Thanks, your comment really makes me feel a little better about not going.

Speaking of stubble and pointy hair.....

Yep... me thinks I like that look the best *melts*

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

(I found this from another user who posted it in Stargate News - so I can't take full credit for the find!)

I was just coming over here to see if it had been posted.

Did you notice that yet again Paul manages to comment on the fact that he's single? Twice! Ha!

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

.:Paul is insane, lol. How can that man still be single?! Maybe he just likes to play. ;P He does say that he's "single and has his fun." >: D

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                          I was just coming over here to see if it had been posted.

Did you notice that yet again Paul manages to comment on the fact that he's single? Twice! Ha!
                          I noticed that too. I also noticed that the interview keep mentioning his female fans.

Oh I would LOVE to chat with you guys during the con! That would be so awesome and would totally make my day!
                          I would love to chat with anyone in this thread at the con too. Maybe we could adopted each other for the weekend?

Comment

» Welcome back! ((HUG)) {
                            Thanks!
                            » Also, have ya'll seen the new Seed Promo Pictures? I have some links and commentary to them here: http://reiko-afterglow.livejournal.com/3611.html However, I must find the original topic ..
                            Ok, so for season five I've got this spoiler embargo going. I'm trying to completely avoid anything and everything that might be the tiniest bit on the spoilerish side, but I couldn't help myself with these pics! And thank goodness for my lack of willpower/self control ... *drools, faints, drools more*

The man just keeps looking better and better. And the Hazmat ... Yummy!!
                            » Hazmat Hotness =
                            Most definitely!
                            Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
                            (((((cshawzye)))))!!!! Great to see you back online! Congrats on the major life happenings!
                            ((((((SETI)))))) Hey!!! Thanks. How are you doing? What's been going on with you?
                            .:I so want a Paul!hug too!
                            Oh my goodness ... Get a Paul!Hug for me too! I can't tell you how jealous and how happy I am of/for you (and everyone else going). I can't wait to hear all about your experience.
                            .:Ooooh, your honeymoon sounds like it was lovely! I'll definitely remember the resort. If I ever go to Florida, maybe I'll stay there.
                            hehe ... yeah it was a good time. Especially after we worked up the courage to actually get our picture taken with some of the characters.
                            .:I wish you were coming, too! I'll try and make a functional con report, but with my memory... >__<

.:Yeah, my family's afraid I'll get raped and dismembered or something, simply because I'm going by myself. I essentially told them all to deal with it. *shrug*
                            I'm definitely already on pins and needles waiting for your Con report and you haven't even left home yet. hehe.

You're braver than I. I'm not sure I'd be able to travel all that way on my own, though I'm sure you'll be great. Although, it is for Paul, so anythings possible, right?

I wish we could go too. Things just didn't work out for us this time. If all our paperwork had come through and we'd been married last September it might have been a possibility. But alas ... Oh well, I'm going to keep my ear out for what's going on with Creation in Chicago next year. That's only about 2 hours from here ... and who knows.

Cheers!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Turned out not to be as in depth as I thought it would be unfortunately but worth the read.
                              YAY i love this interview. Thanks for sharing.

RIG the Carson is cute!!!

I think I'll add a hair dye to my shaving program for Paul

Idlewild I'm sorry you can't go to FedCon. I hope your horse will be ok.

Comment

Nice interview!

I'm killed by allergies again. *cries*
                                And I'm tired. I didn't sleep for 32 hours now.

Fainne, I wanna join the hair dye program!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X