Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silversi View Post
    That's from the ep 'allies'...last ep of season 2 I believe. lol, I think its a cute pic!!

lol, this is great...first day of orientation at a new job, and they have computers to check mail on my lunch break!! lol, first place I came was here!! Ya gotta love this place!! A little Carson action to get my through the rest of the presentations.....
    yaeh, you gotta love this place . glad everything went well at your new job. First day is always the worst.

Today I just realized how much Stargate influences my daily live I bought a cappy of the US military and a U.S. military weather coat for my trip to York O.O *lol* but I love them.

Jetflair I'll print the booklet on friday so if you can finish your page til then just send it to me^^

Oda and Kaylee so you are meeting soon? Please don't forget us and visit is from time to time. What are you going to do?

Comment

Originally posted by miss_kaylee View Post
      Love it, Luci.

Emre - Thanks for the picture spam. I love the last photo with is a photo of McKay and Beckett.

Oda- Don't know if your be online today and if I don't catch you today, I hope you have a fun trip to the US. Can't wait to meet you on Sundy. Here is a special picture spam to help you on your trip:
      http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc289/PrimatechHera/irr51.jpg[/IMG]
      Thank you.
      I can't wait to meet you, too. What time you'll be there approximately? Just to know when to expect you. I'll go to the chatroom later and if you'll be there we can say more.
      Thanks for the picspam, it will help with my Carson withdravals.

That man has beautiful eyes.

Fainne a really special thank you for making my page for Paul's CD. *big hug*
      "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post

you are very welcome Hope your trip will be good with no difficulties and problems. You'll have a blast
        Last edited by Fainne; 14 April 2008, 10:21 PM.

Comment

wow guys, some great picspam again over there. Love those and DO we love the eyes)

.: Carson/Keller ship? That sounds just wrong, hooking up my favourite character with my absolute least favourite.
          Yes, well, i do think they make a nice couple and i thought Keller was (finally) coming better onscreen in the one episode she had with Carson (the Kindred 2).
          In this world you have to have an open mind)

And it is way better then the "K" banner now intruding the Imagegallery of the carsonwebsite. The only thing that can make a "K" banner more acceptable is to add Carson to it.

And it is strange about "THE episode that CANNOT be named
          I do have all three atlantis seasons on dvd now but i cannot bring myself to watch THAT episode again somehow, allthough i know he will be back(
          Appearantly it is also "THE episode that CANNOT be seen AGAIN", lol.

found a short great reviewlist though of Paul's other work before stargate.
          i read it and just had to smile.)
          Spoiler:

(lol, esp. about the Russel Crowe good looks and the full throated voice, i never thought of that but that is spot on)
          THAT voice he doesn't use very often in his Carson roll, because his scottisch accent makes his talking so melodious, it has a certain sing into it. But it can deff. be heared in the short part he does in "a dog's breakfast" as he plays the part of the spacejocky, i was almost surpised when i heared it, soooo sexy)

here it is:

"..."McGillion adds sweet vulnerability to his portraits, bright but disarmingly befuddled, yet deliciously suave." The Georgia Straight. "The talented McGillion is a rugged looking 35 year old with Russell Crowe good looks." The Review. "McGillion expertly provides the perfect deadpan foil. I loved him. Great!" Westender. "Now that's what I call realism in a performance! Bravo!" The Province. "In the Canadian Premiere of El Salvador,McGillion brings a sad and credible presence to the character of Larry." The Georgia Straight. "McGillion reminds me of a smoother Ralph Fiennes with a self-assured presence and a full throated voice." The Standard. "El Salvador's McGillion imbues Larry with good hearted qualities, although silent and pockmarked as a machine-gunned wall." Vancouver Sun. "Reservations For Two is like watching two acting pros play two excellent sets of tennis." The Georgia Straight...."
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
            you are very welcome Hope your trip will be good with no difficulties ar problems. You'll have a blast
            Yeah, I know.
            It seems we have already encountered a problem. Our airplane is supposed to be sent today, but it's on hold and we don't know why. If something goes wrong we might not get it by friday, but hopefully that won't happen. *crosses fingers*

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Thank you.
              I can't wait to meet you, too. What time you'll be there approximately? Just to know when to expect you. I'll go to the chatroom later and if you'll be there we can say more.
              Thanks for the picspam, it will help with my Carson withdravals.

That man has beautiful eyes.

I am at work right now and the computer is extremly slow here. It is almost three here and I get off work at five. I should be in the chatroom after five.

Comment

Originally posted by meezergater View Post
                wow guys, some great picspam again over there. Love those and DO we love the eyes)

Yes, well, i do think they make a nice couple and i thought Keller was (finally) coming better onscreen in the one episode she had with Carson (the Kindred 2).
                In this world you have to have an open mind)

And it is way better then the "K" banner now intruding the Imagegallery of the carsonwebsite. The only thing that can make a "K" banner more acceptable is to add Carson to it.

And it is strange about "THE episode that CANNOT be named
                I do have all three atlantis seasons on dvd now but i cannot bring myself to watch THAT episode again somehow, allthough i know he will be back(
                Appearantly it is also "THE episode that CANNOT be seen AGAIN", lol.

found a short great reviewlist though of Paul's other work before stargate.
                i read it and just had to smile.)
                Spoiler:

(lol, esp. about the Russel Crowe good looks and the full throated voice, i never thought of that but that is spot on)
                THAT voice he doesn't use very often in his Carson roll, because his scottisch accent makes his talking so melodious, it has a certain sing into it. But it can deff. be heared in the short part he does in "a dog's breakfast" as he plays the part of the spacejocky, i was almost surpised when i heared it, soooo sexy)

here it is:

"..."McGillion adds sweet vulnerability to his portraits, bright but disarmingly befuddled, yet deliciously suave." The Georgia Straight. "The talented McGillion is a rugged looking 35 year old with Russell Crowe good looks." The Review. "McGillion expertly provides the perfect deadpan foil. I loved him. Great!" Westender. "Now that's what I call realism in a performance! Bravo!" The Province. "In the Canadian Premiere of El Salvador,McGillion brings a sad and credible presence to the character of Larry." The Georgia Straight. "McGillion reminds me of a smoother Ralph Fiennes with a self-assured presence and a full throated voice." The Standard. "El Salvador's McGillion imbues Larry with good hearted qualities, although silent and pockmarked as a machine-gunned wall." Vancouver Sun. "Reservations For Two is like watching two acting pros play two excellent sets of tennis." The Georgia Straight...."

I've noticed that too. If you watch his interview on the season 2 dvd, you can totally hear a scottish-ish accent sneak through into some of his words. I think its adorable!!
                "I'm afraid the only bandaids we have are Ninja Turtles...that's the last time I let Colonel Sheppard help me with my medical supply list!!"

--Dr. Beckett "Real Life Atlantis" Fanfic

Comment

Well, guys, I'm off to bed. I'm too tired to stay awake. Kaylee, I hope you onderstand.
                  I can't wait to meet you on sunday.
                  I'll try to find you in the crowd and if not I still have your phone. Call me if everything doesn't go accroding to plan.

ANd Jersey, I hope I get to meet you, too. I'll be in Washington from 28 th April till 1 May. I'll call you or send you a sms, I hope it's ok.

To the rest of you, be good, don't fight, smile and don't forget to thunk. I want lots and lots of Carson pics when I get back to help me with my comeback after the withdrawals.

Bye

*hugs the thread*

Comment

I've noticed that too. If you watch his interview on the season 2 dvd, you can totally hear a scottish-ish accent sneak through into some of his words. I think its adorable!!
                    LOL Silversi, yup the scotisch accent is adorable, but his sexy voice you have to hear)
                    see link for the ADB clip and you know what i mean:

sigpic

Comment

.: Lovely picspammage Emre!

man....in the episode that shall be named, when I was looking at those pix, my stomach dropped...I really REALLY hate that episode
                      .: I haven't been able to watch that episode yet. I've seen the scene with Ronon and Rodney, the memorial and the ending. Every time I start the episode I shut it off because it's too stressful for me I know what's going to happen and I really don't think I'm ready to take the suspense of waiting for him to get blown into pieces.

.: I noticed that too! If fact lots of times on the DVDs it's quite easy to tell that part of the accent is natural - yes, adorable

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
                        Look at the eyes. <3

Repicspam! (I had to recycle old ones. I haveth no episodes anymore to take new ones from. ._.)

Spoiler:

Good to see you, Emre! I love the photos from that episode, even if I can't bear to watch it again. He was just so adorable.

And speaking of his eyes ...

More under the spoiler tag!
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Are you crazy?!? I almost fell off the chair when I checked how many fresh posts were in the thunk thread. And the pics, the pics, the pics... *faints*
                          It literally took me AGES to read through all of it, so expect a massive multi-quote or two ahead... And remember, you've brought it on yourselves!
                          Dearest congrats on
                          fantastic posts, Fainne!

I'm new to this thunking thing
                          Have a heart-warming welcome to the Beckett thunk thread, Silversi!
                          I think this is my new favorite home!!
                          No other place to call that!
                          Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                          Eilean Donan Castle please!
                          It's such a beautiful place, Luci. Have you been there? I spent a whole fortnight in walking distance from Eilean Donan Castle. That was also the inspiration behind one of my other banners.

Scotland is simply beautiful on end!
                          Don't feel daunted. I read only a few pages before joining the thread and I fit in nicely, right guys?

Right?
                          You hopefully know how much we love you, Oda!
                          quick question...what does 'thunking' mean?
                          lol - I asked the same question weeks ago. It's somekind of adoring someone and melting watching pictures of that special one
                          Yep, that's it; and the word comes from the thudding sound one makes when hitting the ground from fainting because of adoring the pics/character/person.
                          ROFLMFAO
                          I just made my 500th post in the Ronon thunk thread. *yay*
                          Hugs and kisses for / a kilo
                          of amazing posts, Luci!

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
                          Can I bring all my pipe band friends to supply the music?
                          What a lovely photo of the band, TJ! So good to see you stop by again. *hugs*
                          Off topic:
                          Spoiler:

I know everyone usually say that, but my mum is making me go crazy. <snip...>
                          Sorry to hear you are so stressed out, Oda! Come here

I'm afraid I already missed your departure but I hope you have a safe trip and enjoy your time abroad. See you soon!
                          Sun is shining in Germany.
                          It's going to be spring here.
                          The sun is shining?!? *envies Luci* We had nothing but rain and torrental rain over the weekend. Maybe out arcbishop didn't pray thoroughly enough...
                          hmm... now I think about it we all should be #1's... wait i'll change it. and it's a lot less work for me. I'll take out the number.
                          That is such an amazingly gorgeous banner, Fainne! I fell totally in love with it.
                          It's funny what you said about the more mature and serious Carson. I've been watching a lot of season 3 lately, and I saw a few clips from back in season one...lol, it makes me laugh, he looks so young in the first season, and that was only 2 years before! Maybe it's because for most of S1 he has a bit of stubble, and I noticed later for S2 and 3 he's usually clean shaven...usually that would give the opposite effect you'd think...but I think he looks older (more handsome) clean shaven
                          I tend to think this change in perception comes mostly from the fact that Carson lost a lot of his naive innocence that he showed in the first season. He has learnt and seen an aweful lot of things during the first year, and he's grown up in more than one sense. With the challenge he became braver and less self-conscious off-world over time.
                          Originally posted by meezergater View Post
                          OT:
                          Spoiler:
                          family-emergency all taken care of, Grandpa all in bed, showered and content.
                          *hugs for taking care of your family the way you do* I'm sure that means a lot to your "grandma" and "grandpa".
                          Originally posted by miss_kaylee View Post
                          Here is my newest wallpaper.
                          congratulations on 300 posts Kaylee!
                          Congratulations and jubilations on reaching
                          magnificent posts, Kaylee!

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                          Thank you!!!

Your way worked. I finally found my fonts folder. Tho when I clicked on my windows folder a message appeared saying that the contents were hidden. Something about ensuring that my puter runs properly...or something. Question now is how do I get the Stargate font into my fonts folder. And how do I find the font in the first place. I have already downloaded it so...what next, oh computer literate one(s)?
                          You have to remember where you downloaded the font to, the copy and paste it into the font folder. That's it.
                          BTW, you can't download directly into the fonts folder, you first have to put it someplace else on your computer and then move it into the fonts folder.
                          Originally posted by jetflair View Post
                          Had to post an adorable fanfic I found - lots of Carson in it, and a lovable story.

They Call Me Suzuki
                          Yes, that's really a cute story. Thanks for pointing it out, jet.
                          Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                          lol, I love this picture. it makes them look like Weir's giving them a time out!
                          .: LOL yes it does What episode is that from?
                          That's from the ep 'allies'...last ep of season 2 I believe. lol, I think its a cute pic!!
                          No, it's from the final scene of second season's 'Inferno'. When Weir tells the team how devastating the erruption has been and that a Hive ship was on its way to Atlantis.
                          I didn't expect too much from this ep but I was overwhelmed by it. Actually, it became one of my favourite eps of the second season. Carson was so sweet in it.
                          Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
                          I just needed to ask a quick question about FedCon in Dallas.

I'm trying to plan my summer work schedule and buy my plane tickets. Do the con events start Friday morning or with the dinner/meet-and-greet thing Friday evening (meaning should I get there Friday during the day or Thursday evening)? And do you recommend leaving Sunday night (it's only a 45 minute flight, usually) and going back to work Monday morning, or take Monday off and leave in the morning? (i.e. how late do con activities go on Sunday?) Thanks for any tips anyone knows!
                          Of course I don't know exactly what they are doing with FedCon USA but it's really better to get there as soon as possible if you can manage. FedCon in Bonn started late afternoon on Friday but since I didn't know my way around a con and didn't even stay at the hotel the con was at, my Twinchy and I arrived pretty much in time to throw our luggage into our room and make a dash for the venue, which we even had to find our way to by going guided by our map. We barely made it in time.

And of course we had booked our tickets for our return only two hours after the supposed end of the con. That resulted in our having to leave in the middle of the closing ceremony and missing everything that went down afterwards, including getting the time to meet up with some of the thunkers here that I only caught a glimpse at during the con. I really wish I had had the time to stay a bit longer, possibly till the next day. But you know, hindsight is 20/20.

Just my 2 cents of course.
                          Originally posted by Emre View Post
                          Repicspam!
                          *sobs in solitude*
                          twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                          sigpic

Comment

And now comes a very special delivery for Fainne and miss_kaylee, so step back for a bit, will ya?

*disconnects Clonomatic 3000+ from the super-power supply* (after all, two clones in one fell swoop isn't an every day, run off the mill task for the old machine... )

*pats Clonomatic and whispers, "Dearest machine of machines, my very lovely friends Fainne and miss_kaylee have thunked their respective butts off to achieve the magical number of 300 thunkalicious posts to deserve their very own CarsonClone to cuddle and hold dear. Please be so kind and give them each the precious their hearts most humbly desire."*
                            Spoiler:

*gives Clonomatic another gentle pat and pushes the red power button*

Come here now, Fainne. I'd like to introduce you to your own personal CarsonClone, ready to cuddle and shave... Take good care of him.

Kaylee, this is your turn now. Don't be shy and step a little closer. Kaylee meet your dear and lovely CarsonClone, CarsonClone meet Kaylee. Be good and enjoy your time together.

And since I've already gushed about 'Inferno'; here are a few caps to melt from.

Spoiler:

*is happy camper now*
                            twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                            sigpic

Comment

*just a quick note before I have to leave for uni*
                              Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
                              [FONT="Georgia"]And now comes a very special delivery for Fainne and miss_kaylee, so step back for a bit, will ya?

*disconnects Clonomatic 3000+ from the super-power supply* (after all, two clones in one fell swoop isn't an every day, run off the mill task for the old machine... )

*pats Clonomatic and whispers, "Dearest machine of machines, my very lovely friends Fainne and miss_kaylee have thunked their respective butts off to achieve the magical number of 300 thunkalicious posts to deserve their very own CarsonClone to cuddle and hold dear. Please be so kind and give them each the precious their hearts most humbly desire."*
                              Spoiler:

*gives Clonomatic another gentle pat and pushes the red power button*

Come here now, Fainne. I'd like to introduce you to your own personal CarsonClone, ready to cuddle and shave... Take good care of him.

AWWWWW!!! I have an own CarsonClone!!! thank you twinny *glomp* this is just for you: a million thank you's
                              so lets go CarsonClone (I need to find a better name for you) - we have to hurry to university *I have a clone, I have a clone* and after that we'll take a looong bath and I'll shave you where ever you want

Comment

Glückwunsch Lia!

Congratulations Kaylee!

twinchaosblade - It's such a beautiful place, Luci. Have you been there? I spent a whole fortnight in walking distance from Eilean Donan Castle. That was also the inspiration behind one of my other banners.
                                No, I haven't been there yet.
                                I first saw the castle in "Highlander" about 16 years ago.
                                It was love at first sight and there's no other castle in the world, which looks so beautiful like Eilean Donan Castle!

The sun is shining?!? *envies Luci* We had nothing but rain and torrental rain over the weekend. Maybe out arcbishop didn't pray thoroughly enough...
                                It was raining yesterday...this morning it was very cloudy but now the sun is back. *warms her face in the sun*

Are you crazy?!? I almost fell off the chair when I checked how many fresh posts were in the thunk thread. And the pics, the pics, the pics... *faints*
                                It literally took me AGES to read through all of it, so expect a massive multi-quote or two ahead... And remember, you've brought it on yourselves!
                                That's why I try to visit the thunking paradise everyday.
                                Few weeks ago, my computer was broken and I wasn't able to com here. As I finally returned there were 5 new pages. It's really impressive sometimes.

And by the way, I love the clone for Fainne and Kaylee.

TJinLOCA - NICE pics...really NICE!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X