No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to say that I love Carson. What's not to love? smart, sensitive, good looking, beautiful fake accent. Perfect guy if I wasn't married and he was real.

Spoiler:
    As for the girl. I don't believe that she is mature enough or smart enough to actualy have a long term ship with Carson. She is a hyperactive girl with a crush. She reminds me of some friends a I had in highschool (no offense to highschoolers). She also would be bad for him because he is so shy and soft spoken (most of the time) that she would be far to overbaring on him and he would be stepped all over in the inmature ship that would insue. I hope that she doesn't come back. I also don't believe that the smile and hand squeeze ment anything more that "I understand you like me" from Carson. Many people understand that immature people have crushes on them and are friendly and cautiaus about their feelings. It doesn't mean that they (Carson) want to be anything more that friends. All he said was that she was a lovely lady and that was before he found out that she was spying on him through Rodney. I would be upset if someone prented to be someone else to get me to say things to them I never would have. I acuatly would like to see her with Rodney (if she does come back). That would be funny as with Carson it would be depressing to see him become a yes man. I would rather him stay single, but if not, please with someone who treats him with respect and not some thing to play inmature games with.

But as long as he stays on the show where I can see and hear him, I will stay content, even if they put him with a total flake. But I will be very happy if he stays single.

P.S. I can not spell, sorry.
    Last edited by kittyangel; 06 August 2005, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
      (raises her hand) I have one question......so did Beckett like that kiss or not?
      Imagine a double date: Beckett, Cadman, McKay, and Brown. And Katie Brown is wondering "Why do I feel like a fifth wheel when there are only four of us here?"

Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Originally Posted by Lida
        (raises her hand) I have one question......so did Beckett like that kiss or not?
        Don't know--the episode was from McKay's point of view so we weren't treated to Beckett's thoughts or reactions other than him being initially shocked. Weir sort of looked down; Shep had a funny "ewwww" look on his face--but the camera shot back to McKay and the rest of the action went on from there.

Comment

While they were waiting for the rematerialization, the way he was standing Beckett looked like he wanted a shower. Sort of afraid to move. It might be informative to examine other episodes to see if this is a typical fight-or-flight bit of body language for him (maybe indicative of embarrassment), or if it's unique to this episode.
          Last edited by Wordsmit2; 08 August 2005, 12:06 AM.
          Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Paul was great in "Duet" he was more a third fiddle rather than second to McKay but still very good.

Spoiler:
            He's reactions were spot on for Carson. I loved him in the office when McKay (not) was talking to him and touching him. Oh the slash potential.
            Lots of Labcoats great, lots of the accent even better. Not one complaint except he should have had more time with Rodney. In his labcoat of course. That kiss? Six seconds of bliss is how I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
              Paul was great in "Duet"
              Can't wait to see it! All those pics say Labcoat Love in big letters! The coat even seems to fly when he hurries over to Rodney's bed! Doctor B. rushing over to help - be still my beating heart!

Sadly I cannot give you any new Labcoat pics to help you getting better, Rose, but I had this one in store, maybe it helps:

For our poor ill Rose - Carson to the rescue!

"What? One of my fangirls is sick? Why didn't you tell me that earlier? Get that jumper ready, I need to get to her! Yes, I know, I still hate flying these things, but desperate times call for desperate measures."

Hugs, A.
              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                Can't wait to see it! All those pics say Labcoat Love in big letters! The coat even seems to fly when he hurries over to Rodney's bed! Doctor B. rushing over to help - be still my beating heart!

Sadly I cannot give you any new Labcoat pics to help you getting better, Rose, but I had this one in store, maybe it helps:

For our poor ill Rose - Carson to the rescue!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...onBeckett4.jpg

"What? One of my fangirls is sick? Why didn't you tell me that earlier? Get that jumper ready, I need to get to her! Yes, I know, I still hate flying these things, but desperate times call for desperate measures."

Hugs, A.
                Thanks you do know that is just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                  Thanks you do know that is just wrong.
                  No, why?

Bye, A.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                    No, why?

Bye, A.
                    Well you are making the loverly Doctor fly he hates flying and well Paul isn't too fond of it either. I have caps but not my photobucket account. Geez it is quite around here. Post "Duet" come down.

Comment

I just read that
                      Spoiler:
                      Laura Cadman will return in a later episdoe of SGA. No problem with that, she's cute, but there's even talk about a blossoming relationship between her and Carson!

Sorry, maybe I'm sounding a little too harsh or exaggerating now since we don't know yet how the whole thing will turn out, but so far I'm really not fond of that idea. Don't want
                      Spoiler:
                      those two together, I don't think Carson and Laura fit together!

Don't know which effect it might have on the "thunking rate". CB/PM will still be adorable, but I couldn't even say how I might react to pics of
                      Spoiler:
                      a happy looking couple
                      . Speculations anyone?

Bye, A.

Comment

Where did you read that
                        Spoiler:
                        Cadman would reappear and that they will acually start a two sided ship?

not that I don't believe you, but if true, it is horrible news. Carson is way to smart for that. I will hope it is just a red herring and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by kittyangel
                          Where did you read that
                          Spoiler:
                          Cadman would reappear and that they will acually start a two sided ship?

not that I don't believe you, but if true, it is horrible news. Carson is way to smart for that. I will hope it is just a red herring and nothing more.
                          Purpleyin posted a link to a new interview with Jaime Ray Newman (Cadman) in the McKay thread, and Newman talks about
                          Spoiler:
                          the fact that she does come back in one episode and that there is something like a "burgeoning relationship" between Laura and Carson.
                          . I still hope it will turn out differently than what I imagine now.
                          Here's the link:
                          http://www.ledelirium.com/forum/sutra17676.html#17676

There's also a very nice pic with the boys! Paul's smile is just wonderful!

Bye, A.

Comment

I hope it turns out different than what I image too.
                            Spoiler:
                            she is way to imature and hyperactive for him. She could easily be the down fall of his character. Turn him into the comic relief in a Cadman controled relationship.
                            and that would be a crime. Carson is the best character in the show. He dosn't need a
                            Spoiler:
                            girlfriend
                            to make his character more real. It would do the opposite. If he is to have one, she needs to be mature like Perna was, not a
                            Spoiler:
                            girl who hasn't mature seen junior highschool

I do have a way of looking at these things from the worst angle, so here hoping it all goes well and
                            Spoiler:
                            they kill her off when the bomb in the episode goes off.

just joking, sort of.

I'm at work, better go. Keep lovin Carson!!

Comment

I just want to tell you that I loved Carson in this scene when
                              Spoiler:
                              Cadman in Rodney's body came to invite him to Rodney's date
                              . He looked SO SWEET in this sweater!! And that look on his face.......
                              !!!THE SUPREME PICTURE HUNTER FOR LABCOAT LOVE ASSOCIATION!!!

All the images in my signatures usually come from HERE
                              How do you like my new signature?

Comment

Originally posted by kittyangel
                                I do have a way of looking at these things from the worst angle, so here hoping it all goes well and
                                Spoiler:
                                they kill her off when the bomb in the episode goes off.

just joking, sort of.

I'm at work, better go. Keep lovin Carson!!
                                Ha! you just made my day!

Spoiler:
                                I'm hoping that if we find out there has been a relationship (they can mention it but I don't want that to become the focus of Beckett everytime he's in a scene, I'd rather see him helping off world or right in the thick of things with the boys on missions) that this next ep with Cadman will be the 'ending of the relationship' episode. Hey, if they feel the need to take her out with a bomb, so be it.....
                                Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                                :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Working...
                                X