No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it as hard as it looks playing the bagpipes? It looks hard to me. How long have you been having lessons and are you able to play any tunes yet?
    What webisode do we get to see wexford in because i haven't brought the bulk 5-8 yet? I can't wait ive been looking forward to seeing him for ages, and his hair in it is great, it makes me laugh!
    sigpicThe right thing starts at the beginning of the day

Comment

I actually can't play the bagpipes yet! I have a practice chanter that I've been using to learn the fingerings, which doesn't initially seem that difficult in of itself - but then not only do you have to coordinate your fingers to play each note, but you have to be able to play grace notes and embellishments, and then you have to train your lungs and lips to have enough strength to make not only the chanter sound, but the three drones as well. And then after that, you have to be able to coordinate your fingers, your arm squeezing on the bag between breaths, and grace notes and embellishments all at the same time. Experienced pipers can sometimes make it look easy, but it's actually quite TOUGH! I've been practicing on my chanter for 2 months now, and I still don't have the strength just in my lips to be able to blow on the practice chanter for more than a couple of minutes at a time, and the pipes themselves... wow. I can't really describe how strong your lips and lungs must be just to be able to blow with enough pressure into the mouthpiece. This is definitely not an instrument for smokers!

As for Sanctuary, as far as I know, Paul is only in webisode #6. :-\
      Last edited by Jersey13; 30 July 2007, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald01 View Post
        Some of the pics y'all are posing... Could you please tell where they're from when they're not from Atlantis?
        No problem, Emerald, here we go...
        Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
        For instant-consolation I send you a nice collection that will lighten your mood, promise!
        Spoiler:

For once Carson is a wonderful and compassionate listener => SGA: Irresistible

With a smile to die for => SGA: Duet

But the complete body is undenyably cute => Interview with Gateworld from March 2007

Still, you prefer him without the clothes => this one I have no idea

And in dirty => SGA: Duet

Or the other kind of dirty => Cold Squad

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
        Jenner's pic is from a shortfilm called Sploosh

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
        OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! Did I ever tell all of you guys that I've started learning how to play the bagpipes? Well, I drive 70+ miles each way to get to this town in VA for lessons, and OMG! There's this cute guy in the pipe band with this guy who's been giving me lessons, and when I saw him at a band-mate's cookout get-together, he was like looking over at me constantly and smiling, and then asked me for my phone number! (he plays the pipes and has a kilt, too!) And OMG! The guy giving me lessons says he's in a celtic band too and they're looking for a female vocalist! Have I friggin' DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN??? I'm so excited! Can you tell?

EDIT: AND SQUEEEE!!! Tomorrow we get Wexford!
        Wow, that is so awesome, Jersey!
        Have my best wishes for both your musical success and the cute guy.

In tomorrow's wepisode there'll be Wexford, that's great! Do we have a volunteer for capping or is that impossible to do?

And another pic to keep the thread squee up...

from Just Cause

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
          No problem, Emerald, here we go...
          Okay, I can't get the thing to quote the section of the post that I want, but the pic where you said you have no idea... It's from "Something More". Oddly, I watched that just last night. I should have done some caps, but I was tired, and I wanted to send it back to Netflix for more movies. Nearly-nekkid Paul. So cute! Smarmy character though.

Thanks for the pics! They're gorgeous! I love that one from GW.

Cheers!
          Em
          Emerald
          ~ Ninja Squirrel ~ Attack Squirrel ~
          I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Comment

Jersey: woohoo for the cute guy!! I'll keep my fingers crossed

Jenner: I don't think I've said it yet... nice work at comic con. mallozzi wrote, the bagpiper startled the hell out of him *lol*

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
            Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Paul and Aaron Douglas share a moment at Shore Leave 2007.

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Okay, I can't get the thing to quote the section of the post that I want
                On this forum, you can't quote a quote. You have to go back to the original and insert it in manually if you want to keep it. Yeah, it's a pain sometimes.

Another from Sploosh.

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Okay, I'll try to get some caps from Smallville when the disc comes. I wanna contribute and all... Two for one! I can get Colin Cunningham caps in the same ep!

Cheers!
                  Em
                  Emerald
                  ~ Ninja Squirrel ~ Attack Squirrel ~
                  I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                    Okay, I can't get the thing to quote the section of the post that I want, but the pic where you said you have no idea... It's from "Something More". <snip...>
                    On this forum, you can't quote a quote. You have to go back to the original and insert it in manually if you want to keep it. Yeah, it's a pain sometimes.
                    <snip...>
                    watcher is right, you can't easily quote a quote but there's a trick. If you go back to the original post and klick on the multiquote button (the one with the "+" on it), then go to the other post in which the quote was in and also hit the multiquote button (and if you added all posts you want to quote to the multiquote) you can klick on "post reply", then you have the text of all posts in your reply. To again appear as quote in quote, you have to cut out the "[Quote =...]" and paste it before the other quote starts. It the looks like "[Quote =...][Quote =...] text [/ Quote] maybe text [/ Quote]"

And thank you for the info, Em. It's actually quite funny that you knew where the one cap I didn't know was from. See, you're a perfect addition!
                    And yay for two in one!
                    twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                    sigpic

Comment

Okay, I can't get the thing to quote the section of the post that I want, but the pic where you said you have no idea... It's from "Something More". Oddly, I watched that just last night. I should have done some caps, but I was tired, and I wanted to send it back to Netflix for more movies. Nearly-nekkid Paul. So cute! Smarmy character though.

Thanks for the pics! They're gorgeous! I love that one from GW.

Cheers!
                      Em
                      Hahaha, I have the movie and capped it, they are scattered around this forum. Same with Smallville, LOL. I have myself a very expansive Paul collection

Originally posted by phibi View Post

Jenner: I don't think I've said it yet... nice work at comic con. mallozzi wrote, the bagpiper startled the hell out of him *lol*
                      Thanks, yeah that comment made me laugh! We spoke to him briefly to give him a bag of goodies and he said we was "very surprised by the piper!" LOL. The bag was a hit, he was being stopped by other people to take photos of him with the bag (see below)

And I have some awesome news, but totally off topic, but I'm too excited to put it in spoilers....

I GOT INTO USC!!!

Its a pretty competitive school and post-grad program, so I am thrilled. Now hopefully I can get everything worked out so I can go! LA here I come (hopefully!)

sigpic
                      www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                      Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

<snip...>
                        And I have some awesome news, but totally off topic, but I'm too excited to put it in spoilers....

I GOT INTO USC!!!

Its a pretty competitive school and post-grad program, so I am thrilled. Now hopefully I can get everything worked out so I can go! LA here I come (hopefully!)
                        That's great news, Jenner!
                        sigpic

Comment

Gratz on the acceptance, Jen! You go, girl! *hugs*

Comment

Thanks Jersey and TCB!! I'm so excited!

sigpic
                            www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                            Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

I GOT INTO USC!!!

hey congrats!!!!!! that's great news

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
                              Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Congrats Jen!
                                Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X