No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I emailed the FedConUSA folks, and they said that they just don't have a written agreement from Paul to appear there yet. Until they do it means he is not officially obligated to come, but being that he said he planned on it in Germany, it's entirely possible that they're still ironing that out. Until he's confirmed, though, I dunno if I'm going to be able to think about going. :-\

Comment

Its so unfair i wish i lived in USA! You guys get all the fun cons and so many. Here in England we get a few, well prob more but i prefer the ones where Paul is attending. He is comming back to England in Januray (keeps fingers crossed), hopefully i can see him then.
      sigpicThe right thing starts at the beginning of the day

Comment

Originally posted by penguininablender View Post
        I am going to try to go.

^nice to see another Dallas-ite

Yeah, it can be pretty pricey. PJ, do you know where it is going to be? At the AA center maybe?
        I live in a suburb and I hate driving downtown, so I kind of want to get an idea of where I would be going. This is to cool, I am soooo going to start saving up
        Hyatt Regency DFW...Ok they haven't posted an address, I don't think they realize that there are a lot of Hyatts in Dallas. DFW means it may be downtown in some busy area. I'll look into it, but if someone on this board gets a physical address please post it.

Whether Paul appears or not I'm going because Dallas never gets anything this big. Nothing personal but our cons are kinda lack luster. It seems in the U.S. the great cons are in San Diego and Atlanta, and of course New Jersey. This is a once in a lifetime event for me because it may not happen again here in Dallas for a looooong time.
        PJumper42

Comment

Originally posted by sunday View Post
          Its so unfair i wish i lived in USA! You guys get all the fun cons and so many. Here in England we get a few, well prob more but i prefer the ones where Paul is attending. He is comming back to England in Januray (keeps fingers crossed), hopefully i can see him then.

See my post below...I'm jealous of you. In Europe Paul is almost guaranteed to make several appearances. Canada is a given - but he doesn't cover the states here that much. I am mad I'm not going home to Chicago - he's going to be there in a couple of weeks and I can't go.
          PJumper42

Comment

Hey all!! I'm BACK! And man, I can't begin to tell you how glad I am to be home.

But now... time to go catch up around here.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by PJumper42 View Post
              See my post below...I'm jealous of you. In Europe Paul is almost guaranteed to make several appearances. Canada is a given - but he doesn't cover the states here that much. I am mad I'm not going home to Chicago - he's going to be there in a couple of weeks and I can't go.
              .:Actually, that's not true. He (and, like, everyone else) does far more cons in the States than he does here. I can only remember one, and that was SFX 2006 in Toronto. I didn't know he was attending, and I still get angry at myself for missing him, 'cause it's a very rare opportunity, and I live less than an hour away. ( D 8< ) Did he go to Gatecon in Vancouver? That's the only other one I can think of that he may have attended.

.:It maketh me sad.

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                Hey all!! I'm BACK! And man, I can't begin to tell you how glad I am to be home.

.:Welcome back! Long car rides suck. *waves frantically*

.:We're all discussing FedCon USA.

.:Oh, and has anyone heard from dllmzca recently? Where's he gone? I miss our D!

Comment

Sorry to disrupt the topic about the cons a bit; it's very interesting and the more likely PM is to appear in Dallas, the more likely it is that I just may want to find a way to come over the big pool called Atlantic... I think I'm predictable as a fangirl *sigh*

BUT I DESPERATELY NEED A FEW PICS!!!!!

I'm still over my head in work and my boss somehow clings to the illusion that I get my workload done fast when he eMails me even more work which I have to instantly do for him and send back via eMail!
                  (You know what I feel like right now? Making good of the saying: There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is having lots to do and not doing it!)

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
                    Sorry to disrupt the topic about the cons a bit; it's very interesting and the more likely PM is to appear in Dallas, the more likely it is that I just may want to find a way to come over the big pool called Atlantic... I think I'm predictable as a fangirl *sigh*

BUT I DESPERATELY NEED A FEW PICS!!!!!

I'm still over my head in work and my boss somehow clings to the illusion that I get my workload done fast when he eMails me even more work which I have to instantly do for him and send back via eMail!
                    (You know what I feel like right now? Making good of the saying: There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is having lots to do and not doing it!)

Spoiler:

.:Oh dear...honey, you really need to tell him to back right the eff off. Politely and eloquently, of course. So, one day, instead of e-mailing him back the work, send him a 'dear John, screw you' letter. Also politely and eloquently done, of course.

.:Either that, or you can just tell him he can pay for your medication and hospital stay once you have a heart attack and are out of the commission for a while (God forbid!!! ). See if he can find someone as able then.

.:I pity the foo'. >: (

Comment

Welcome back from your very long ride, idlewild! We've missed you quite a bit.
                      And though I realize that you've just returned, how's the PM/CB scavenger hunt Jenner reposted going? Did you finish it? Have you found all necessary information? Or did you give up because it was too tough? (Don't worry, I didn't know half of the answers either.)

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
                      .:Oh, and has anyone heard from dllmzca recently? Where's he gone? I miss our D!
                      I haven't heard anything of or from him either. And I too wonder where he might be; he's such a nice fellow. I don't even want to begin to think of the wonderful pics he capped to keep us afloat...
                      twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                      sigpic

Comment

<snip>

I haven't heard anything of or from him either. And I too wonder where he might be; he's such a nice fellow. I don't even want to begin to think of the wonderful pics he capped to keep us afloat...
                        .:xD Well, unlike some people, I want him back for purely unselfish reasons...

Comment

.:xD Well, unlike some people, I want him back for purely unselfish reasons...
                          Oh, Haliyah, you have a heart of pure gold! I'm so grateful to just be able to stand in your shadow and learn... Maybe my greyish soul will lighten up a few shades then.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh, Haliyah, you have a heart of pure gold! I'm so grateful to just be able to stand in your shadow and learn... Maybe my greyish soul will lighten up a few shades then.
                            .:Hah. Thank you for saying that, Twin. If only that were true. I'm pretty sure I have a few burns, some of them larger than others...but then again, who doesn't?

Comment

.:Welcome back! Long car rides suck. *waves frantically*

.:We're all discussing FedCon USA.
                              Oh my gosh... do they ever! And hauling horses makes it all the more stressful.
                              We had one heck of a day on the trip out that was supposda be a 8 to 10 hour drive, but due to this and that it wound up turning into a 16 hour drive. First we stoped just west of Kansas City for gas, by accident regular unleaded gasoline got put into the diesel only truck. We caught it right away but had to sit around for 3 hours while it got pumped out. Then we get into Kansas City and all of a sudden we discover that all east bound lanes of the bypass highway that is supposda take you straight through the city where closed, so we got rerouted south on a completely different highway. It took the better part of an hour, including a flat tire, to get both truck and trailer rigs turned around in downtown Kansas City and back on the correct highway heading east!! That's not all, it was dark by the time we got to the town we were overnighting in, but, we took a wrong turn off the highway and went 20 miles out of the way before turning back, then finally on the right road we found ourselves driving around the backwoods of Missouri trying to find this place that turned out to be way back in the sticks instead of "just off the highway" as it had been advertised.

*rolls eyes* yeah... that day was long. But thankfully that was the worst of the trip. Though... I was about to go stir crazy by the time we got there! lol.

Oo! FedCon, that's in Chicago right? Hmm... two days drive away from me. But to soon... I'm broke from paying for gas (or at least will be) for my trip out to KY.

Welcome back from your very long ride, idlewild! We've missed you quite a bit.
                              And though I realize that you've just returned, how's the PM/CB scavenger hunt Jenner reposted going? Did you finish it? Have you found all necessary information? Or did you give up because it was too tough? (Don't worry, I didn't know half of the answers either.)
                              Hey! Yes, long ride indeed! I was getting so ancy to get home! My horse was to, I got him off the trailer and out into his paddock and he just ran and ran. Poor fellow, been cooped up in a stall and trailer for the past two weeks, I'm sure he's glad to be home!

I've got about half of the answers...ish. Some are half-answered, some I know where to find the answers but haven't gotten around to it yet. Some I know I will never find. I haven't given up... at least not yet, lol, I ought to posting what I found sometime soon, after I get unpacked. Oi... unpacking, no fun no fun *grr*

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

I've got about half of the answers...ish. Some are half-answered, some I know where to find the answers but haven't gotten around to it yet. Some I know I will never find. I haven't given up... at least not yet, lol, I ought to posting what I found sometime soon, after I get unpacked. Oi... unpacking, no fun no fun *grr*
                                Hahaha, well you tell me when you're ready and I'll repost the answers. Happy hunting!

sigpic
                                www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                                Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Working...
                                X